• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpH3lqDsQ1E

I just sing this song to girls, and it works for me.

plus i bench 250 and have a huge butt. so even if i dont get the sweet hearted girls that i desire, most of the superficial soulless women that will probably make it no where in life, give it up to me so i cant complain :/
They are usually hot, but they are stupid... ehh. Dated two cheerleaders in highschool and though they could win 98609870-86 beauty contest, they normally settled on C/D average grades. i can't actually say i was ever connected to them/ loved any of them...

I'll wait till im rich and go to brazil, then i will find a girl to settle down with. American girls are to drowned by our media, meh.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
all you gotta do to get women is be yourself

unless your self ****ing sucks

then you should consider being somebody else

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
all you gotta do to get women is be yourself

unless your self ****ing sucks

then you should consider being somebody else
*bout to drop some knowledge*

On the real, I know this was meant as a joke, but it's somewhat true.

You definitely cannot get all types of a girls just by being yourself. Obviously, you have to be yourself to some degree, but it's presentation and how you approach that will determine your success with different types of women.

For example, you can be a fantastic, interesting and intelligent person but if you lack common interests or more importantly, if they have a negative predisposed feeling about one of your hobbies (for example, playing WoW), you have a next to zero percent chance without some altered presentation.

"Be yourself" works phenomenally once you have already established a connection but girls (especially attractive/interesting ones) will be more widely sought after, have more options, and therefore be quicker to pass up on you based on something small. Again, a girl is more likely to pick a guy where she can at least share some active interest in his hobby (watching sports, hiking, playing music etc) vs something she'll have to actively compete with (WoW or pretty much any game).

Similarly, the older you get, the more prevalent your status in life becomes vs your personality. In high school and college, girls don't care so much, but getting into their 20's, women are automatically more attracted to driven, successful, affluent men, as well as men who LOOK like men (vs boys) and those that they deem will age well.

EDIT: Before someone comes in and says,"well, maybe you're just looking at the wrong kind of girl" etc if you have to come about talking to them differently: This is a legitimate objection, but the conversation seemed to be revolving around getting really attractive girls vs one that shares your interests. There are not very many girls who have an active interest in video games/tournaments, and even fewer attractive ones. Nerdy girls (appearance wise) aren't really my thing, but regardless, the ratio of guys to this type of girl is about 50:1 at best. Chances are, you'll have to look elsewhere to really meet somebody.

TL;DR Being yourself is a great stategy once you're in but presentation (approach + looks + attitude) is your foot in the door so that you can actually get around to showing them who you are. Also, dating only gets more complicated and difficult as you get older.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i just sit there and say "yup"
hasn't really worked for me so far
i think tomorrow's the day though. i can feel it.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
vs something she'll have to actively compete with (WoW or pretty much any game).
and this is why I try to keep smash a secret part of my life.

granted it doesn't really matter that much, considering no girls are interested in me ever.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
and this is why I try to keep smash a secret part of my life.

granted it doesn't really matter that much, considering no girls are interested in me ever.
It sucks, I know. Dance games and Smash are obviously two of my more prevalent talents (due to time/energy expended) but it's very rare that I mention either of them to girls when I am first getting to know them. This is what I mean by presentation,

You meet a girl:

1. You can tell her straight off the bat that you spend a lot of your free time in closed rooms with a bunch of guys during all times of the year playing a video game that probably wouldn't interest them.

or

2. You can tell her about your other interests, talents and tastes that she might be able to identify with, let her become interested and then when it becomes pertinent, show her.

The first way will likely end in immediate disinterest while the latter will make them seem like hidden talents rather than obsessions, and they will be impressive vs unattractive.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I see what you mean. generally I try to expand relations by talking about my love for cooking, since its really the only interesting thing that I do. by I've learned that women don't really care about what I have to say, so I keep my mouth shut unless they actively pursue trying to find out what my interests are.

it would probably help if I wasn't really annoying in person.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
but thats at smash tournaments, where I'm in my element and happy, which is different than being in school. I come off as a complete ******* in person, which generally doesn't set a good precedent.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
craig knows all about being smooth, that mustache is like butter.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Another PR list, thanks to PP.

We should just have a PR PRs at this rate . . .

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lol ***, females are the most unusual creatures on this planet. I guarantee not one man on this earth knows in full detail how they work, and if they think they do, they are being fooled.

Josh kinda said it all pretty much, meh.

Just be who you are. And the biggest thing is confidence. A girl will always know if a d00d does not have faith in himself. Not a good look. Take the initiative, cause america is sex sheltered compared to other countries. Women will RARELY make the first move. Mostly cause parents teach girls that it's right for the guy to approach. Another reason is because this society is really hard on girls. If she comes up to you or starts to flirt, shes deemed a skank or real easy to get with. no girl wants that rep.
Alot of them are also easily hurt, do to having a ****** which spews out emotions. A guy says no, the girls world is crushed. a girl says no to a guy.... on to the next one.

My looks get me by, that's all i can ask for.

/ego.

And if no one knows what Sex sheltered means, i will be happy to answer. If you think it means that america does not have sex enough, then you are wrong.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
*pulls up chair*

Advice from a geezer:

1) Be funny, but not comically goofy.
2) Intelligent, but not a fecking prick about it.
3) Saracastic Wit over Toilet Innuendo (Read: "That's what she said" is lame. Also, overly bi-curious/homo-erotic humor only in SMALL doses.)
4) Be confident, not cocky.
5) Be a gentleman, without being borderline creepy.
6) Be knowledgeable, articulate, able to carry on a meaningful conversation if the need arises.
7) Find your favorite 'tasteful' alcoholic beverage (Ex: Tom Collins, Old Fashioned, etc)
8) Well kept
9) Know when to press the issue of flirtation in an attempt to escalate the relationship or current action
10) Know your league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom