• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yeah, i agree dart

about ftilt i meant more as an onstage spacing tool. While more punishable that dtilt, it is also quite a bit safer since it stuffs shffl approaches. I was playing with ORLY friday night and experimented with a ground based spacing game which was sort of based off rat's samus, and it was working quite a bit. Though it was like 3am, so who knows loooool

also, dair hits the lowest, obviously. after that fair and shield breaker are the best, IMO. fair, while much harder to time, is much safer and allows you to either fsmash or protect from edge tech on reaction. Shield breaker has a good duration below the stage that is consistent over the sword. My biggest gripe with dtilt (even tho i probably use it the most cause its the fastest) is that it only hits below the stage with the tip hitbox.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i think m2k is the best player in the world with this. playing his marth really showed me the perfect spacing for covering all the edge options. Basically, you want to stand as far away from the edge as you can while still in range to dtilt so you hit them if they stand from edge. In most match-ups, the spacing protects from any attacks from the edge. On reaction to their initial "im leaving the edge" animation you want to dtilt to cover the stand, pivot or jc grab if they rolled (depending on their roll length) and if they jumped its kinda tricky. On the whole i say its better to keep stage control while giving them the opportunity to get their feet on the stage, but when i know someone is trying to gain stage space by feigning to jump over me I have no issues fairing them in the face. Ledge jump is sort of high risk/high reward.

obviously this has holes and requires mixing up, but this is a great foundation to start with.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i didnt get it because i feel like the whole series is a giant sell out. i did hear it is similar to halo 1 and 2 though

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
nope i bought 2 and 3, but i dont see any point to continue cause the games are decreasing in overall goodness

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
who are the best marths we have right now
I wrote this in another thread but it basically answers your question:

me said:
Amsah (recent vids of his marth ****)
Diakanos (probably the best v. Falco. ledgecancels and powershields. ****)
IB (i'm a fanboy :) )
Makenshi (europe)
KFC (dtilt and dashdances on point :o)
ICE (want more vids)
Strawhat (i hope he doesn't retire like i've been hearing)
M2K (when he is tired of ****** with sheik)
HBK (amazing v. Fox. absolute monster in teams)
Falcomist (next gen ken. except hes been playing for like forever. breakout star!)
Fullmetal (amazing v. sheik game. GA)
Cactuar (whenever he decides that ****** MD/VA with Marth might be fun too)
Niko (up and comer for realz)
Bob$ (straight knowledge. jabs and side bs. and stuff)
AustinRC (needs to travel. a lot better than people thinks he is and probably a lot better than he thinks he is)
taj (but he is going m2 for apex and I respect that so much. good shiiit)
tec0 (his 8th best character. learned a lot from him when he housed me a month ago)
Fastliketree (OG marth that ***** whenever he shows up!)
KDJ (korean friendlies raaape)
G$ (white marth oolala)
adam (very underrated. people need to look this guy up!)
tai (dat az training. best v. pika and m2 hands down! hands down!)
pewpewU (tbh i need to watch more vids of him. apparently mad sex and stuff)

I hate it when people say Marth is dead. Look at all those **** players. Yeah, for half of them, Marth is their secondary, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

but we've got the best looking smashers for sure. easy. EASY.
I suppose you can add Mango onto that list cause he just generally *****. Oh and Azen cause he went to a tournament last weekend and won. Yeah, he still *****. No, it didn't get recorded :(

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
There should not be that many marth players on the list.

Its great to acknowledge them, and mention they are good, but if we are going to talk about top marth's we only need the top 5.

I bring this up because for sometime i've been the best player around NE and IA playing Marth/falco.

I've also won tournaments in KS, and placed 3rd at HD! in STL.(gonna get 1st at this next one).

I guess i should get out more often.

/butthurt.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
There should not be that many marth players on the list.

Its great to acknowledge them, and mention they are good, but if we are going to talk about top marth's we only need the top 5.

I bring this up because for sometime i've been the best player around NE and IA playing Marth/falco.

I've also won tournaments in KS, and placed 3rd at HD! in STL.(gonna get 1st at this next one).

I guess i should get out more often.

/butthurt.
lol gimme sexy vids and you can be on the list :laugh:

But yeah, I'm assuming mako asked because he wanted vids to watch, so I tried to list as many as possible. There are probably more I left out so you guys can fill in the blanks.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
nah jbm is legit. i feel the same way too. once you get out of the top 3-5 players you're just talking about random marth mains you know of around the country.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You guys were talking about gimping or edgeguarding on the last page and I like gimping and edgeguarding so I'm going to talk about it even though you've finished with the topic.

Dair and Fair hit MUCH lower than F-smash and B.

Unless it's an aerial B.

D-tilt is like in the middle or something, its big draw is the speed though. It hits in front/below him instantly, whereas B and stuff arc which makes them artificially slower for hitting certain important recoveries (illusions, namely).

Also if you guys have enough time to charge B vs a low firefox recovery you might as well just edge hog --> drop --> side B --> more side B / weak up B --> rinse lather repeat accordingly or something gay like that, it's much more guaranteed and doesn't get ***** by teching unless they're at like 1023670301701%.

Another good thing to do is to just grab the edge if you expect a super ridiculous angle after they start moving. It's a guess, but a lot of times Fox will kill himself trying to perfect squeeze to avoid your move but then you're like "meh" and grab the edge and he dies.

At ludicrous percents when Fox can tech everything you do (so like 140%+) has anyone tried to Uair --> Up+B him? Like, ledgehop weak Uair if he goes (or is) above the lip of the stage and then follow him with Up+B sweetspot to KO?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
At ludicrous percents when Fox can tech everything you do (so like 140%+) has anyone tried to Uair --> Up+B him? Like, ledgehop weak Uair if he goes (or is) above the lip of the stage and then follow him with Up+B sweetspot to KO?
ive seen azen do that (@VLS iirc) but he just Fsmashes instead of upb. gotta weak hit the uair, obv.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
This is how i feel when foxes and falcos don't know how to sweetspot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl_F74xBvkk
Yeah I start doing my happy dance because then a lot of moves that suck **** for edgeguarding because of teching and whatever become super broken. Even though they're not.

ive seen azen do that (@VLS iirc) but he just Fsmashes instead of upb. gotta weak hit the uair, obv.
I know. I'm just asking if any of you silly geese do that sort of crap.

If you hit with the back part of the uair in a ledgehop uair, you can usually link it into a dair...I'm not sure the percents on it but it seems to be anything above super low%.
I've seen that too.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Another good thing to do is to just grab the edge if you expect a super ridiculous angle after they start moving. It's a guess, but a lot of times Fox will kill himself trying to perfect squeeze to avoid your move but then you're like "meh" and grab the edge and he dies.?
Can't you also time a getup attack to cover an angle that goes slightly over the edge?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Can't you also time a getup attack to cover an angle that goes slightly over the edge?
not sure if you can with marth. getup attack isn't invincible so if the firefox is in your body in the frames just before the hitbox, you'll just get hit and then z2d

stelzig

Smash Lord
Yeah...Super Paper Mario kinda sucks. Slow, plodding pace with simplistic gameplay...

Thousand Year Door is ****ing amazing though.
Eh I agree super paper mario is worse than the others... But not because it's slow. Because it doesn't have the same battle system it's quite a bit "faster" :p

Also. Mr.L

Top Bottom