• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

booshk

Smash Lord
hey guys, i suck at marth vs. falcon. any advice or gimps that you guys culd suggest? i tried downthrow to wavedash ff fair and try to DJ fair after that but it doesnt really seem to work. i heard about downthrow run off fair too? anything else? just falcon advice and falcon gimps would be nice.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
hey guys, i suck at marth vs. falcon. any advice or gimps that you guys culd suggest? i tried downthrow to wavedash ff fair and try to DJ fair after that but it doesnt really seem to work. i heard about downthrow run off fair too? anything else? just falcon advice and falcon gimps would be nice.
it works if the enemy falcon goes to the edge, which many are conditioned to do if u start off by trying to dtilt them or know how to punish their air dodge on. i dont think u have to FF the first fair; that could be a problem

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
fthrow dtilt runoff fair fair
dthrow dtilt runoff fair fair
dthrow wd fair fair
dthrow counter
dthrow dair (on stage... beats knee/nair)
dthrow runoff double jump dair (cover dj grab the edge)

just a few i know of

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Danger Mario is super broken.

Power Lift + Sweet Treat / Sweet Feast is also super broken.

Max level Goombella is also super broken because, really, the partners are weak comparative to Mario.

booshk

Smash Lord
thanks guys, i'll try them all out ; D
n yeah i tried the ff cause it seemed like wd itself was just too slow :S

and david you confuse me :(

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I didn't notice that we were done with the Paper Mario discussion because I didn't go to the last page when I hit "reply to thread" or whatever. So then when I posted and saw I was offtopic, I didn't bother to edit the post.

In Paper Mario TTYD there's a stat build called "Danger Mario" that's hilariously ridiculous and completely broken for the game.

Anyway Marth vs Falcon... there's more to it than just gimping. Learn to control space better.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
is there a guide that describes when you want to tipper fairs or not tipper them? and when you should SHFFL a fair rather then double fair or fair waveland etc etc?

marths so hard for me to get a hold of, i feel like he's the hardest good character to use :( props to all the good marths.

booshk

Smash Lord
and yeah KK i know but i just felt like i knew no gimps on falcon cause im so used to playing spacies haha

stelzig

Smash Lord
I didn't notice that we were done with the Paper Mario discussion because I didn't go to the last page when I hit "reply to thread" or whatever. So then when I posted and saw I was offtopic, I didn't bother to edit the post.

In Paper Mario TTYD there's a stat build called "Danger Mario" that's hilariously ridiculous and completely broken for the game.
Badges in general... Are quite broken :p

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
They are indeed incredibly broken. I wish I could get duplicates for more of them.

I would also like more useful things to do with the partners though...

There has to be more to life than Rally Wink and Shell Shield.

Dart!

Smash Master
if sveet uploads them tonight i will have some sets vs competent falcons where at some point i destroy them all with edgeguards and gimps. you can see what i do...hopefully that helps.

btw when you see mute city don't blame me...blame the TO :p

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
found a bajillion friendlies of you vs chris before you played kels/tink... ill prob find more. lmk what you want uploaded. gonna do teams finals first, then singles finals, then singles and doubles

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Eh I agree super paper mario is worse than the others... But not because it's slow. Because it doesn't have the same battle system it's quite a bit "faster" :p

Also. Mr.L
I meant slow in terms of pacing. The story just draaaaags...I am huge fan of text-heavy games (one of my favorite games of all time is Planescape Torment ffs), and Super Paper Mario was the first game I truly felt like went overboard.

Its so much fun lol.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Fiery jinx was pretty good.
Fiery Jinx, Stampede, Bobbery's stuff, Shell Slam, etc. cost a lot of FP and it makes me sad.

They're alright though.

I liked Power Shell the most out of mob skills just because it was the cheapest by a lot.

But I liked Multibounce more because it often wound up doing more damage just because Mario is OP.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Multibounce is too good lol.

Crimson: I actually remember TTYD as being the most text-heavy of the three. It's been very long since i played super though so you may be right :)

booshk

Smash Lord
if sveet uploads them tonight i will have some sets vs competent falcons where at some point i destroy them all with edgeguards and gimps. you can see what i do...hopefully that helps.

btw when you see mute city don't blame me...blame the TO :p
i look forward to watching them ; D

Dart!

Smash Master
found a bajillion friendlies of you vs chris before you played kels/tink... ill prob find more. lmk what you want uploaded. gonna do teams finals first, then singles finals, then singles and doubles
well, i'd like as much of them as possible to be uploaded...i was actually interested in making a combo video after i go to RoM3

Dart!

Smash Master

Curbed

Smash Rookie
Cactuar do you think playing Marth in an aggressive, combo heavy way like someone would play fox or falco is viable? Or should we stick to gaying people

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
What's that one video of the weird unorthodox marth vs a fox on poke'mon stadium?
Memorable part of the video was when the Marth got the fox stuck against the tree in a jab only combo.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
lol at somebody asking Cactuar something about combos =P

Where are m2ks hyperbolic time chamber vids =((((((

Top Bottom