• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
your advice is confusing..fair to fair is less risky i guess, but it also has less reward unless you tip. I guess I should just tip more? uptilt doesn't require such perfect spacing..but i guess i'll start trying to use that more.

I also am not certain how guaranteed fair pressure is..if he jumps out he may be able to escape before a rising fair can hit him, but we'll see.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
When would you be doing this during a tech chase?
Well, I guess marth does it less..but i meant when you throw someone on a platform...I just feel that as fox/marth I often waveland on platform to get the regrab if they tech in a direction...but i think it's harder to chase than just jumping + wd down onto the platform and then running to follow them.

soap

Smash Hero
if u wavedash in a direction and they tech the other way, u have to overcome momentum to catch them.

they r both useful in different situations

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
about tech chasing, somehow i seem to be good at guessing somewhat, but i was watching some videos, and it seems that someone playing as a falcon will dash forward to the end of that starting dash animation, so you can still turn around and dash the other direction without stalling, and that way it gets out of the way from get up attacks and covers rolling in that direction, but then he's at the point where he can still dash (dance) the other way and then either wave dash +grab or just JC the grab, and grab if they roll away too. I've seen some marth's do this too, but not as much, and was wondering if it had to do with the length of their respective dashes, or if it is something worthwhile to try to do as marth?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
getting out of tech chases are just about..trying to keep your opponent guessing.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Alot of times if u dont tech u can get fsmashed, its easy to grab from tech in place and when u roll away its the same place cuz of the ledge lol. If u roll towards the center ur right there for a grab lol.

Sometimes just getting up works, but thats only if they dont fsmash.

DI the throw away and just get up is the best option I can come up with.

SinceEternity

Smash Cadet
get samus in the air somehow, then samus is really really easy to combo... ofc, others can give specifics on how to - I have trouble too, and wtf is that glitch that samus does when he drops a bomb and disappears to the other side of the stage? hella wierd mindgames

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
i need advice vs. samus's, i dont play them very often but when i do, i feel like its just too intense...
It's all about proper spacing and when you get Samus in the air just try to keep her there.

This is one of the better matchups for spacing because if you don't tipper the fair you will get CC downsmashed/dtilted. Basically just stay extremely spaced don't shffl in close quarters unless you have too (if you think they will CC just try a late dair/upair). And go for fthrow/upthrow juggles. That's about it.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Another late tip on the d-throw tech chase. After you get d-thrown DI away from the stage so that your character lands right on the edge (and slides off). You're off the stage, but at least you're out of the tech chase (you'd be off the stage with that f-smash anyway)

Alix

Smash Rookie
what stages would you counterpick against a Captain Falcon
i know that in general smaller stages are better, so im assuming yoshi's story..and battlefield?

also is there a detailed chaingrabbing percentage guide on spacies anywhere on smashboards?
(im sure there is, but i've looked all over and can't seem to find one >< )

Tero.

Smash Champion
i know that in general smaller stages are better, so im assuming yoshi's story..and battlefield?
Yoshi's Story, Battle Field, Fountain of Dreams

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I also like playing as Falcon on FoD. I feel that he uses the platforms very well when they are low, and when they are high or gone, it's basically a small FD with a middle **** platform.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
I hear pokemon stadium is a good choice for those that stick to the edge since you have a platform right in front of you.

Also because during alot of the transformations when you are edge guarding the edges allow marths d-tilt, f-smash, etc to go in deeper then it actually should.

Just learn the spots and you practically get rid of their option of teching.(not that it really mattered anyways). I would use them for surprise gimps imo.

bolt.

Smash Ace
Is counter out of shield worth using when being shield pressured or does it take to long? I can't test it vs cpus so I thought I would ask here.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Is counter out of shield worth using when being shield pressured or does it take to long? I can't test it vs cpus so I thought I would ask here.
Depending on the situation upB out of shield would be probably better.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
at low percentages you can just grab cuz whatever they are doing is probably laggy...or you can wd out of it...i dunno it depends but counter oos wouldnt be that smart since you aren't canceling out of it, you'd be just waiting for shield lag to end then counter, which you can get hit in between. unless you jump first but >_>

this is one of the more disorganized posts i've ever made.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
at low percentages you can just grab cuz whatever they are doing is probably laggy...or you can wd out of it...i dunno it depends but counter oos wouldnt be that smart since you aren't canceling out of it, you'd be just waiting for shield lag to end then counter, which you can get hit in between. unless you jump first but >_>

this is one of the more disorganized posts i've ever made.
Easiest way to explain is that in the time it takes to jump out of shield and counter, you probably could of done a multitude of better things. All with less punishable misses.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yeah...that. Especially since if you miss the counter you'll just get wrecked.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Only do it if they telegraph and fully commit to an attack. So like fox comes in high with a nair.

something easy which is poorly spaced.

in that case there is much more u can do to punish. So only use it cuz thats what you wanted to do but as far as it being good, then no lol.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman

also is there a detailed chaingrabbing percentage guide on spacies anywhere on smashboards?
(im sure there is, but i've looked all over and can't seem to find one >< )
It's more or less something like this:

0% - 20% CG uthrows
20% - 30% Continue CG uthrows, but you can hit them while they're grabbed
30% - 80%? 90%? Start hitting them with utilts and it can either lead to: regrab; uair; fsmash, etc. etc. (Some people wait till 40% to start up tilts because sometimes they get sent in a weird direction and you can't regrab or anything).

I'm actually pretty comfortable against Falcon on all stages. I usually just try to tech chase them till whenever and then mix it up from there. But it really just ends up as a matter of ledge camping vs. dash dance camping.

Aesir

Smash Master
It's more or less something like this:

0% - 20% CG uthrows
20% - 30% Continue CG uthrows, but you can hit them while they're grabbed
30% - 80%? 90%? Start hitting them with utilts and it can either lead to: regrab; uair; fsmash, etc. etc. (Some people wait till 40% to start up tilts because sometimes they get sent in a weird direction and you can't regrab or anything).
Have you ever been with a member of the opposite sex?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
its hard to shine out. its better to cg without counting on them to shine out because chances are that they wont.

milos are u sure its 21% i thought ive seen lower?

Top Bottom