• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

D

Deleted member

You believe you've solved him then?

I think the character has farther to go personally.
if i could jump to conclusions that well IRL i'd play pro basketball

i think i have marth understood to like 60%-70%

it's also just about 50%-60% better than all of the actual marth players on this board.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Hey Marth mains, if you had to pick one Marth in main in all of history to recommend for playing good in the Sheik MU, who would you pick?

leffen

Smash Champion
Umbreon is such a fraud lmao.

Understanding the game has very very little to do with how well you can explain it. Just because you THINK you can explain it, if you can't use it in practice then theres something you've misunderstood honestly.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
twinkles marth mains have always been bad at that matchup..m2k has several good sets with amsah and the ones from mlg long island though. Kirbykaze linked me a really good match of azen vs some sheik as well, and i remember seeing a recent set from Pewpewu that was pretty good play as well.

and yes i cheated and didn't answer your question. I figured you were just looking for vids. I honestly can't remember how good ken was vs sheik but he played that a lot as well. Stick to m2k vids though probably

Battlecow

Play to Win
if i could jump to conclusions that well IRL i'd play pro basketball

i think i have marth understood to like 60%-70%

it's also just about 50%-60% better than all of the actual marth players on this board.
I always imagine you IRL as like a human-sized condom just packed full of bull****, which periodically becomes overfull, tears, and just spews liquefied crap all over smashboards. Prolly unwise to let you know that, but you hit critical mass in terms of the sheer tonnage of fecal matter forced down my throat with that post.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Im not stupid enough to go any other character than Ganon vs him, it's probably my best chance to do it this way.. Its a different story vs the other 4. (I'll probably need something else for them)
Would you mind elaborating? Why do you think a different character is better for you vs the other 4, but not Mango?

D

Deleted member

I always imagine you IRL as like a human-sized condom just packed full of bull****, which periodically becomes overfull, tears, and just spews liquefied crap all over smashboards. Prolly unwise to let you know that, but you hit critical mass in terms of the sheer tonnage of fecal matter forced down my throat with that post.
i imagine you as a name on an internet forum for a video game. which one is worse?

Battlecow

Play to Win
The giant ****-filled condom is worse. Unless the name was like ********** or something. And even then the ****-filled condom wins; we're all pretty jaded to bad language these days.

strawhats

Smash Master
twinkles marth mains have always been bad at that matchup..m2k has several good sets with amsah and the ones from mlg long island though. Kirbykaze linked me a really good match of azen vs some sheik as well, and i remember seeing a recent set from Pewpewu that was pretty good play as well.

and yes i cheated and didn't answer your question. I figured you were just looking for vids. I honestly can't remember how good ken was vs sheik but he played that a lot as well. Stick to m2k vids though probably
I love ken's sets with Captain Jack. Only sheik I've seen completely open m2k up semi-recently was Overtriforce, at least the one match we saw of that MU between them on FD. (Over's really good at the marth/sheik MU btw). Although I've never seen m2k go marth vs KK so you never know.

I'd recommend watching m2k's vids vs KDJ from MLG Long Island, Amsah, even his most recent marth vs sheik match vs forward over the summer. Also watch PP vs Over/Ice from Smash Reunion (European tournament from this past summer) Strawhat Dahean (was/is?) really good at the MU since he played with Over alot.

Azen had a priy good head to head record vs KDJ in the marth/sheik MU (better than m2k i think actually). He just did the perfect thing/textbook in the right situations.

bolt.

Smash Ace
Umbreon is such a fraud lmao.

Understanding the game has very very little to do with how well you can explain it. Just because you THINK you can explain it, if you can't use it in practice then theres something you've misunderstood honestly.
Leffen is the truth! =)

D

Deleted member

i mean, as soon as i see the marth players stop jumping at the opponent with nair maybe i won't say that they're terrible. most of the marth players are just really bad considering how good character is.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Hey Marth mains, if you had to pick one Marth in main in all of history to recommend for playing good in the Sheik MU, who would you pick?
Dahean, PP, Dart, and PPU are notably good at the matchup

If I had to pick one, I'd say watch PP

You believe you've solved him then?
smh

I ****ing hate this solved/unsolved nonsense

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It was more of a way to get people talking then actually believe in the answer *shrug*

Melee is a wonderfully deep game and nothing is fully understood about it yet.

I like long dashes with Marth. You should too. Yes you.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Marth/Peach can be pretty dumb for Princess Toadstool, I'm realizing. I got to play this from the other side a bit the other day. It's just dashing, dtilt, uthrow, and not swinging like a dummy, lol. Why does half the community think this is almost even, again?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Its pretty sexy when you pressured your opponent in shielding and then DD grab them behind, to downthrow completely ****ing up their DI to Tipper. lol.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Actually not looking for vids, was curious because I don't think I've ever seen anyone just look at a marth and go, "hey, this dude's pretty good against Sheik!"

Most of the time, it just seems like a good sheik poops on marth

Bones0

Smash Legend
I cped a Falco to FD with Marth at a tourney last Saturday. They repicked it for game 3 (bo5), I stayed Marth, and they went Sheik and proceeded to get 4-stocked. I love Marth vs. Sheik for some reason, ESPECIALLY on FD. lol

R2_GP

Smash Journeyman
I cped a Falco to FD with Marth at a tourney last Saturday. They repicked it for game 3 (bo5), I stayed Marth, and they went Sheik and proceeded to get 4-stocked. I love Marth vs. Sheik for some reason, ESPECIALLY on FD. lol
i used to hate this MU!! i guess then i realized about the utilt thing lol :cool:

Bones0

Smash Legend
Yeah, I mean I just juggle her like a slightly floatier spacie. What's she going to do, down air? Needle maybe I guess. Still an awful position.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I work within my local community to encourage safe Melee. However, it's also important to realize that sometimes people lose even though they aren't bad. I was shocked to find that some people consider everyone who loses as bad. Their archaic argument was that someone cannot actually lose if it is legitimate **** because Melee has some way of stopping that whole process.

D

Deleted member

Umbreon because he knows marth 50% better
actually yeah i probably know the sheik MU the best.

but i stole everything i know about the MU from azen and just reworked it a bit.

the whole MU is basically based in marth abusing sheik's movement limitations, which is hilarious as a blanket statement but it works out to be true once you understand the nuances and subtleties of the movements.

clowsui

Smash Legend
It's a common affliction in this game.

Most people go many years without ever realizing they're bad.

Being bad has cost people MMs, tournament sets, and even friends.

Get tested today. Being bad is no laughing matter.
David I hate you I was referring to Brawl

teach me things about games though for real

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Hi, my name is Twinkles, and I've been bad for about over a year now
Hello, Twinkles.

Im terrible all the time and everyone wants to MM me for some reason..
There's medication for that.

I work within my local community to encourage safe Melee. However, it's also important to realize that sometimes people lose even though they aren't bad. I was shocked to find that some people consider everyone who loses as bad. Their archaic argument was that someone cannot actually lose if it is legitimate **** because Melee has some way of stopping that whole process.
I can't decide if this is too much or not.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
actually yeah i probably know the sheik MU the best.

but i stole everything i know about the MU from azen and just reworked it a bit.

the whole MU is basically based in marth abusing sheik's movement limitations, which is hilarious as a blanket statement but it works out to be true once you understand the nuances and subtleties of the movements.
Juggle that *****!!!

Top Bottom