• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cancel Shield Breaker

Niko_K

Smash Master
So, I'm giving the Marth boards a challenge. Find out a concrete way to stop Shield Breaker from breaking your shield.

Don't tell me it doesn't exist. Just find it.

K thanks.

-Niko

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Don't hold your shield for the duration of the charge, since Shieldbreaker will always deal shield damage just short of a full shield.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I should have been more specific. I'm not talking about if you have a full shield, eve with a degenerated shield.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
@everyone confused

pierce shield breakered niko at cot4 where it SHOULD have broken the shield but niko brought his leet canada hacks with him and it didn't do anything.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
MOVE your shield UP when its small. Since the majority of your body is exposed you get hit by a measly %8 and a sh*tty knockback move.

? is that it?

Niko_K

Smash Master
Though I still proceeded to lose the match, he was at last stock 61% I believe.

>.< <3 Marth

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Either PS or Jump, even letting it attack you instead of the shield while shielding would work. Wouldn't spotdodge/roll work too?

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
There isn't any real secret it's just common sense to avoid it

0-2 Niko bull**** thread :D

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
I just tested it and i came up with some stuff.

When your shield is broken, there is a small period of time where you're stunned, and then you fly up and back to the ground again. During the stun I tried DI, SDI, Jumping, and mashing buttons, but nothing seemed to affect this. Also teching the fall doesn't work of course.
However, when your shield breaks at the edge you cancel the animation and grab the ledge, but yeah situational.
I seriously have no idea ho you do it, surprise us:)

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
if your shield is broken on the edge of a stage you can fall off, grab the ledge, and be fine

or just powershield.. thats what i do

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
if your shield is broken on the edge of a stage you can fall off, grab the ledge, and be fine

or just powershield.. thats what i do
What if you're already shielding, and in the middle of the stage?

Also I've died trying to do that first thing, twice :p

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Perfect shield it. It doesn't do anything to your shield, and it's so easy to predict when they're going to release it. >_>

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
What if you're already shielding, and in the middle of the stage?

Also I've died trying to do that first thing, twice :p
Why would you be shielding a shieldbreaker in the first place? Thats just stupid... then you're kinda screwed, you could spot dodge or jump or up b OOS i suppose

The first thing always works for me (not that it happens very often) so i dont know what to tell you.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Why would you be shielding a shieldbreaker in the first place? Thats just stupid... then you're kinda screwed, you could spot dodge or jump or up b OOS i suppose

The first thing always works for me (not that it happens very often) so i dont know what to tell you.
That's what I said too, until I've been mind****ed into it, more times than I could count.. <_<

There are plenty of reasons for them to catch me with one. Conditioning, mindgames, nervousness, bad habits, etc.. :p

e__

Smash Ace
I poked my friend's shield with the shieldbreaker last night, and he was at like 80%. I was pretty upset I didn't get my stock.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I poked my friend's shield with the shieldbreaker last night, and he was at like 80%. I was pretty upset I didn't get my stock.
Finally you see my point about Shieldbreaker

Also Pierce didn't you havea thread about this move?

Marsu

Smash Cadet
I would say there is more than one way to stop "Shield Breaker" from breaking your shield.

1.If you perfect block it will hopefully stop "Shield Breaker" from breaking your shield.
2.Hold L/R to block than use your C-stick/Control-Stick to control your direction of your shield, there is no sure chance this will help!
3.You can evade the attack!

Top Bottom