• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Out of curiosity, can someone explain to me why the type is overpowered.....?

I almost exclusively used the Famas in MW2 because I felt invincible with it and it was super consistent. With the type I get loads of hitmarkers, hip fire is dreadful making close range engagements almost impossible to win without steady aim and even with it's still bad and it barely 1 bursts. Not nearly as good as the MW2 famas which makes me sad.

If you miss a burst or get hitmarkers you're usually dead. I haven't had a problem with that gun at all and I've played for a decent amount of time. It's good but it's definitely not overpowered.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
It doesn't one burst because it takes 5~ bullets at medium-long range.
Have you tried it with Red Dot / Rapid Fire? There is no reason to use any other combination :X. That is why everyone calls it broken. Because of rapid fire.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
It doesn't one burst because it takes 5~ bullets at medium-long range.
Have you tried it with Red Dot / Rapid Fire? There is no reason to use any other combination :X. That is why everyone calls it broken. Because of rapid fire.
When I do use it, I never use anything but red dot/rapid fire. I barely ever use the type anymore though because it's awful on almost every map in this game with the exceptions of bakaara, interchange and lockdown.

I'd go as far as saying the MP7 is an overall better gun in this game just because of the way the maps play. Tons of tight corners and if you play smart, you'll benefit much more from using an SMG in this game, especially the MP7. Even with rapid fire and range it has no recoil at all aside from what the idle sway does to it. It's basically an assault rifle.

No matter what attachments/proficiencies I use on the MP7 I'm largely successful with it almost every game. It's amazing with any attachment on it and when put into the hands of a smart player, it's tough as hell to beat. Aside from the versatility of the MP7, the power and consistency I get out of using it is what makes me believe it's a better gun, but that's just me.

I see where people are coming from when they say the type is unbalanced, but to be honest, you're doing something wrong if you're getting killed by it a ton because I find ways around it quite easily.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Yea, I'm definitelyl doing something wrong. Things like walking around a corner and getting dropped instantly because the gun kills way too fast.

>_>

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Yea, I'm definitelyl doing something wrong. Things like walking around a corner and getting dropped instantly because the gun kills way too fast.

>_>
Blame the terrible draft. Never happens to me. <3

It's really not that good. If it was even close to as good as the famas was in MW2, maybe I'd use it some more, but it's not even near that good.

Using the type 95 is acceptable and doesn't make you a "scrub" in my opinion.

Assassin on the other hand...if you use that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VZgdMzXSsQ

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I disagree. It gets extremely frustrating when you get dropped the instant you're in their view. I have no idea what you're doing but I'm not exactly sure hwo to beat it.

Oh yea, you yourself use the type 95 and dropshot errwhere >_>

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I disagree. It gets extremely frustrating when you get dropped the instant you're in their view. I have no idea what you're doing but I'm not exactly sure hwo to beat it.

Oh yea, you yourself use the type 95 and dropshot errwhere >_>
I used to use the type all the time, but I've warmed up to the MP7 and ACR more lately. I only consider using the type on the 3 maps I mentioned earlier and sometimes village, but other than that it's so inconvenient using a burst rifle on the maps in this game.

As for the drop shot - people just love to hate it. :p It really doesn't help that much.

At any rate, I think they did a decent job on gun balance aside from snipers, shotguns and FMG9s.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Going prone isn't instant in this game, plus you're only ducking under shots if the other player can't aim. I kill drop shotters almost every time they try to pull a fast one on me, but if I die it's my fault for having poor aim. The way I see it the drop shot just ensures a kill against a player with poor aim and does little to nothing against someone with good aim.

Just stumbled over this picture. Should have taken notes Rob.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I hope they do. :troll:

They're tweaking the knife which is a step in the right direction, at least.

Too bad good old Rob lied about the whole panic knife situation.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i think of it like this: every death could have been prevented.
avoid all long sightlines if you're running an smg.
avoid running through corridors if you're running an assault rifle.

seatown is a great example. i can run an smg setup with rapidfire and pretty much dominate all of the buildings and alley ways and avoiding all the perimeter sightlines. i can also do great with the mk14 (mp9 2ndary) by sticking to the outside looking in or looking down those long sightlines. now objective based modes.... ugh... those, i suck at.

tl;dr: put more thought into your movements and pathways.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
i think of it like this: every death could have been prevented.
avoid all long sightlines if you're running an smg.
avoid running through corridors if you're running an assault rifle.

seatown is a great example. i can run an smg setup with rapidfire and pretty much dominate all of the buildings and alley ways and avoiding all the perimeter sightlines. i can also do great with the mk14 (mp9 2ndary) by sticking to the outside looking in or looking down those long sightlines. now objective based modes.... ugh... those, i suck at.

tl;dr: put more thought into your movements and pathways.
I would have used Seatown as an example too.

SMG's do SO much work on that map if you stick to the narrow streets and buildings.

People using mainly SMG'S need to stop.

Just run a Riot shield as your primary and akimbo those FMG's.

You will never look back.

Unless of course you are getting shot from behind. :troll:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Scavenger man, you really REALLY need it using them as primaries.

Otherwise you run out of bullets after like 2-3 kills.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Going prone isn't instant in this game, plus you're only ducking under shots if the other player can't aim. I kill drop shotters almost every time they try to pull a fast one on me, but if I die it's my fault for having poor aim. The way I see it the drop shot just ensures a kill against a player with poor aim and does little to nothing against someone with good aim.

Just stumbled over this picture. Should have taken notes Rob.

If only they would nerf quickscoping in this game, if only.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I don't think I'm going to prestige in this game...this game already pisses me off enough as it is...

Top Bottom