• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Go play Gears. Get out of here. Leave.

Sorry that happened Tim, I tested my Xbox 3 times Monday to make sure it worked. x:
It's all good, I have a possible internship on Wednesday. :awesome:

I'll prolly get my 360 back by Friday since the nearest service centre from my house is 30 minutes away.

Oh yeah, I beat spec ops (on normal difficulty) on Wednesday, Veteran should be easy too. (Wish they had checkpoints tho....IT'S 2011!!!)

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Why does this game randomly drop matches in progress? I know mw2 did, but it was usually during host migration. Mw3 just straight up quits the game right in the middle. I was 29-0 in FFA and it did this.

I need explanations.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
why does this game randomly drop matches in progress? I know mw2 did, but it was usually during host migration. Mw3 just straight up quits the game right in the middle. I was 29-0 in ffa and it did this.

I need explanations.
M.O.A.B?????????

/caps

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
And the connection advantage is insane, the amount of times I've been shot through walls only to watch the killcam and see me standing still in their screen. The lack of servers is inexcusable.

:phone:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
(Wish they had checkpoints tho....IT'S 2011!!!)
^The problem with modern gamers.

"Wahhhhhhhhhh this is too hard I need a checkpoint every 10 feet accompanied by an achievement wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

Also, ITT: Anyone who happens to criticize "God's gift to gaming" is instantly ostracized and told to gtfo.

Man, isn't it great that we live in a world where people can have differing opinions and speak about them in a civil manner in a thread dedicated to the subject instead of being threatened with infractions for not liking the game?

Matt07

Smash Master
The spawns are too hectic, I have people spawn 5 feet away from me, and kinda want bigger maps. Only gripes with the game so far.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
And the connection advantage is insane, the amount of times I've been shot through walls only to watch the killcam and see me standing still in their screen. The lack of servers is inexcusable.

Turn off theatre mode. People say it helps.

Fletch

Smash Master
So I got this game as a gift, wasn't really planning on playing it because I have UC3 and Skyrim right now to occupy me, but I will probably give this a go tonight. Someone want to tell me what the biggest current cheese is in the game so I can troll everyone?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
No moab, I had mad attack helicopters going on.
You don't need to select it. You'll automatically get it with any strike package with 25 straight kills.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/M.O.A.B.

They said it would cost billions.

^The problem with modern gamers.

"Wahhhhhhhhhh this is too hard I need a checkpoint every 10 feet accompanied by an achievement wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

Also, ITT: Anyone who happens to criticize "God's gift to gaming" is instantly ostracized and told to gtfo.

Man, isn't it great that we live in a world where people can have differing opinions and speak about them in a civil manner in a thread dedicated to the subject instead of being threatened with infractions for not liking the game?
Yeah, I love replay a spec ops missions which takes like 40 minutes to beat, die at the end and do it all over again! Good idea!

And I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread. Watch yourself.

The spawns are too hectic, I have people spawn 5 feet away from me, and kinda want bigger maps. Only gripes with the game so far.
Tell me about it. :urg:

Turn off theatre mode. People say it helps.
I heard that too.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yeah, I love replay a spec ops missions which takes like 40 minutes to beat, die at the end and do it all over again! Good idea!
Any old school gamer dealt with this ALL THE TIME.

Make it through all 8 worlds and get game over? Guess who's doing it again? Made it all the way through the final dungeon only to be killed by Ganon? Guess who's gotta bust their balls to get through the dungeon again?

The accomplishment garnered by beating something used to come from the fact that it was beaten when the player played near perfectly, or perfect enough where he was able to make it through all the trials without encountering a death/game over, causing him to have to start all over again. That was skill. That was something worth showing.

Nowadays, gamers get the same feeling by going through a level with a checkpoint provided every few minutes of gameplay, with infinite lives. It doesn't compare, at all. Especially when you consider the fact that older games tend to be harder than newer ones.

This is also the reason I can be proud to say that I can speedrun the balls off of SMB, or SMB2J, or hell, even SMB2 USA. Few modern games even give me the same satisfaction for being able to BEAT them. Ninja Gaiden is one of the few that did, and yes, it does have infinite lives and checkpoints, but man are those some scattered checkpoints...

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Any old school gamer dealt with this ALL THE TIME.

Make it through all 8 worlds and get game over? Guess who's doing it again? Made it all the way through the final dungeon only to be killed by Ganon? Guess who's gotta bust their balls to get through the dungeon again?

The accomplishment garnered by beating something used to come from the fact that it was beaten when the player played near perfectly, or perfect enough where he was able to make it through all the trials without encountering a death/game over, causing him to have to start all over again. That was skill. That was something worth showing.

Nowadays, gamers get the same feeling by going through a level with a checkpoint provided every few minutes of gameplay, with infinite lives. It doesn't compare, at all. Especially when you consider the fact that older games tend to be harder than newer ones.

This is also the reason I can be proud to say that I can speedrun the balls off of SMB, or SMB2J, or hell, even SMB2 USA. Few modern games even give me the same satisfaction for being able to BEAT them. Ninja Gaiden is one of the few that did, and yes, it does have infinite lives and checkpoints, but man are those some scattered checkpoints...
I'm older than you. I've been playing video games longer than you. But Spec Ops in MW3 should have AT LEAST one checkpoint in the middle of the mission. (This line of discussion is over btw, please keep all discussion in this thread to MW3.)

It's a minor gripe tho, I still throughly enjoy spec ops. Survival is pretty fun.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Please please please release those mw2 and mw1 maps.

And I agree that spec ops not having checkpoints is a good thing. Makes you feel accomplished when you finally do it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Please please please release those mw2 and mw1 maps.

And I agree that spec ops not having checkpoints is a good thing. Makes you feel accomplished when you finally do it.
Not after trying Wetworks in MW2 like 100+ times for friends. :urg:

That's just my take on it tho.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
6+5 million copies sold already eh? Should've seen my base. The little NEX had 100 copies. 5 hours I went back and they sold out. XD
Funny story, for the very first time I went to a GS and actually found that they sold out of a game. It was a tiny Gamestop that I went to and they said they didn't have any MW3s lol

S

smash brawl player 99021

Every time I get put on the African Militia in 'Village', I back out immediately. Don't wanna risk getting HIV.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Just got the gold M4A1. I"ll use it a little more then I'll switch to another gun. What do you guys think I should use? Type 95 or PP90?

Edit: Actually, since I'm going for Steady Aim Pro VI I'll probably use PP90

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
So after just testing it, as far as I can tell dashboarding does not reset stats. I even recorded me doing it so if I feel like it I can upload it if someone wanted.

I'm seeing a lot of people say that their stats have changed even though they never dashboarded, as well as some others saying the stats resetting/changing is a server glitch.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I play the games.

They're OK. Good for wasting time, I suppose.

However, hearing that the sales are that high when a lot of my favorite games won't sell anywhere near that at all is just...eh. :urg:

I won't bother your thread anymore.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Thing is, now I can't join people when they invite me and vice versa. I can still play regular games with randoms but idk why I'm unable to join via invites. It says "unable to join game session."

Did you ever get that Swampert? :/

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
pp90 is great.
type 95 with steady aim is a shotgun. holy wow it feels good.

what do you guys think about acog sniping?

Top Bottom