• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
They should just move the two stealth perks to the same tier. Either be invisible to air support OR UAVs. Not both. Make the tough decision.
This, they also need to make it so that UAV's are much easier to find. In the next CoD they should never make a map with lots of tall buidlings, tall trees, or anything blocking sight from the sky.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
What do you guys think about Thunder's (on YT) suggestion on the different tiers of UAVs?

Individual and team?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This is what I can recall:

3-4 kills = personal UAV (only you can see it)
6-7 kills = team UAV (everyone on your team can see it)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
for some reason you just reminded me about how awesome portable radars are.

if you've every played on a team with 3 or 4 people using portable radars, you'll agree.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
We should all run portable radar, counter unmanned aerial vehicle, Sam turret, and electromagnetic pulse laugh out loud

:phone:
Congratulations! You're hired as my new translator! Seeing as the internet refuses to utilize this thing called 'grammar' they teach in 'school'.

I can only pay you in... Umm... Funny pictures... Which is one a day.

Here's an advance.

ENTIRE TEAM IS BABIES!

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I remember when we had that long discussion about what everyone should run whenever we play in a full party.

We never adhered to that. Rofl.

Edit: Who's all getting on tonight? I miss playing in super-stacked SWF and friend parties.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I'll probably be able to hop on tonight. Been busy with school and work but tonight and tomorrow I don't have anything to do. Haven't played in a couple days either.

Hopefully it'll be more relaxing since they decided to actually patch their game.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Yey, I can see the clan page on Elite on my computer now :D

The stats seem way outdated though

EDIT: Also does anyone wanna team up for the Most Flag Returns challenge happening on Elite tonight? You know we can have dat super awesome team in CTF status if we try :awesome:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If any parties happen tonight, I'll be on.

I think Assassin oversteps a boundary with being undetectable by Portable Radars, and going unaffected by CUAV. I wouldn't mind having all of the stealth perks in one tier, however, that'd be sublime. There's a lot of other things I agree with, such as making UAVs easier to locate, as well as making them require a bit more effort to acquire, and ODIN is an image mastermind.:applejack:

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
I don't really see all the hate for dom in this game. Maybe i'm just not experiencing what you guys are. It has bad spawns fosho but I still like it.

Me and Mitch with that never ending reaper/Ac130 combo

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
This is what I can recall:

3-4 kills = personal UAV (only you can see it)
6-7 kills = team UAV (everyone on your team can see it)
Precisely this. \/

If they do this they'd need to remove ghost/assassin
Or fixed...

If they do this they'd need to severely nerf ghost/assassin
Moving on...

i don't think assault should have any support killstreaks.
i don't think support should have any assault killstreaks.

that'd be cool, imo...
I see what you're saying with this. Stealth bomber, support juggernaut, etc. need to get out of support.

But pulling UAV out of assault is a major hindrance. So as another solution, I propose this:

Low killstreaks, such as UAV, CUAV, sentry gun, and so on, can only be called in via care package. This increases the amount of time it takes to call one in, and if you can't defend that package... No killstreak for you. It will also force corner / building campers out of their position in order to call it in, as well as giving the enemy team a peek as to where the package is dropped. Even better, this could possibly give you two chances to shoot down low killstreaks; once with the care package chopper, and again when the killstreak is in the air.

Not sure how to account for care package chopper spam, though. Still in the process of figuring this out.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
i was just thinking about tf2. it's not good to have 9 people on your playing the same class.
i just thought it would be cool to have 2 designated support roles on the team or something. idk.

about dom spawns -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmIjvP1NiWk
As much as I love TF2, it's impossible to push too much teamwork and coordination into a game mostly based around lone wolf strategies. The only reason you don't see more variety in CoD is because there's always one or two <something> that completely outshines <the rest of those somethings>.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
the game is what it is. i think i'm losing interest in it because i keep finding a new thing that annoys me about it. i don't want to be that guy who gets screaming mad every single time he plays, but still plays the game all the time.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
the game is what it is. i think i'm losing interest in it because i keep finding a new thing that annoys me about it. i don't want to be that guy who gets screaming mad every single time he plays, but still plays the game all the time.
Yup. Hi. That guy. Right here.

Except for the screaming part.

But mad. Oh yeah.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
No Zombies. Still like it.

But really, a little more emphasis on what you may or may not like about the game would be good. Do you like Spec Ops, or the multiplayer, or just the campaign? Obviously there are no zombies... Though this is a sad tale. :c

In our three man party of Darrel and "Hotarms pulling a Swampert" last night, I did the ol' Cowboy Shield Bop.

The MP412 is becoming a better a choice for some reason. At least as a single pistol. :/

I LOVE the .44 magnum. The most powerful handgun in the world. It makes me feel lucky. But the MP412 seems to shoot a smidgen faster, and has a little more power. I have a soft spot for break loaders too. <3

Also, C4 is too good. :awesome: I love doubles and triples with that thing.

And the Model is back on my DO WANT list.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
I used the model again recently, it's actually kinda cool now to use overkill and have a good shotgun on your back, in case of emergency.

Top Bottom