• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Omg as noobs are amazing

what's even more amazing is that they dont have assassin yet

I ran into some boosters on kc

everyone please report xtrevorxloganx and his butt buddy gohard2162 for boosting, the games in my vault if someone wants to record it

I followed joined in progress their next game and they were boosting again, but by the time I joined Trevor already called in a Moab. Piece of ****
:phone:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I hope to join in on the nooblet hunting tonight.

However, I'm stuck at work with the flu, and won't be off until 3, to which I then be doing grown up things (going to my Grandma's) and then going home. Depending on how I feel, I might get on and play. I work everyday until Friday.

Enjoy your time, folks. Merry Christmas.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I hope to join in on the nooblet hunting tonight.

However, I'm stuck at work with the flu, and won't be off until 3, to which I then be doing grown up things (going to my Grandma's) and then going home. Depending on how I feel, I might get on and play. I work everyday until Friday.

Enjoy your time, folks. Merry Christmas.
Considering you have the flu, shouldn't you just call out of work?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Considering you have the flu, shouldn't you just call out of work?

If only I could.

See, I'm THE ONLY ****ing person who can be here, because we're under staffed, everyone is already working a shift (unless they had it requested off) the management has the weekend off, and seeing that it's Christmas, unless I can call in dead or get a doctor's note (which is god damn impossible on... Wait for it... CHRISTMAS), there's no such thing as calling out of work unless I want to get fired.

So no. I can't.

And yes. I'm very frakking :salt:y about it.

Not to mention, that when you have things like, a mortgage, and other such bills, you can't always call out of work whenever you'd like. In this situation, I would if I could given the circumstances. But the one time that I'm physically impaired to do my job, I can't do a damn thing about it. :c

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Merry Christmas everyone, Christmas noobs be raising my KDR LOL theyre so funny
You play on the PS3. :troll:

If only I could.

See, I'm THE ONLY ****ing person who can be here, because we're under staffed, everyone is already working a shift (unless they had it requested off) the management has the weekend off, and seeing that it's Christmas, unless I can call in dead or get a doctor's note (which is god damn impossible on... Wait for it... CHRISTMAS), there's no such thing as calling out of work unless I want to get fired.

So no. I can't.

And yes. I'm very frakking :salt:y about it.

Not to mention, that when you have things like, a mortgage, and other such bills, you can't always call out of work whenever you'd like. In this situation, I would if I could given the circumstances. But the one time that I'm physically impaired to do my job, I can't do a damn thing about it. :c
I thought it was illegal to work on Christmas.
Wow, I play this game first time in 2 weeks and I get spawn killed like 5 or 6 times in one match, screw this game.
IW da best. :awesome:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
They're fixing the spawns. They said it's coming in a title update at the beginning of next year.

Which translates to another week or two because they're on holiday break.
Fixing the horrid spawns should have been the 2nd thing on their "to patch" list but nah, they'd rather fix other minor problems. :awesome:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Uhhhhhhh. Not exactly...
Uhhhhhh, I've only gotten spawned killed like once in CoD4.

Different games.

Different game engines.

Different people working on the game.

And before you say it's the same company, not everyone who worked on CoD4 or ever W@W worked on MW2 or BLopS or even MW3.
No, MW2 is running off a modified CoD4 engine while MW3 is running off a modified MW2 engine.

CoD4? Good spawns.....dude you gotta stop injecting yourself with drugs.
Uhhhhhhhh no. You just suck at CoD4.

CoD4's spawns were pretty bad, but these are much, much worse.

W@W > BO > MW2 > CoD4 > MW3
Nah.

And I'll write a list of things they should fix in MW3 later.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Different games.

Different game engines.

Different people working on the game.

And before you say it's the same company, not everyone who worked on CoD4 or ever W@W worked on MW2 or BLopS or even MW3.
No, MW2 is running off a modified CoD4 engine while MW3 is running off a modified MW2 engine.
Which still makes them...

...WAIT FOR IT...

Different.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Listen, I don't like to bash the CoD series but you leave me no choice...

It's the same ****ing engine, just slightly modified. They use the same buildings in MW3.
It's not.

I'm certain I could find several examples of you bashing the series in the multiple CoD threads that we have. But I won't. That's besides the point.

What I'm doing (or at least trying to do) is defend the developers to a degree. They're not magicians. They can't fix it at the drop of a hat. Certain things can be fixed (and more after a recent Title Update) via hotfixing. How did some things get out of testing? I don't know either. But they're trying to fix it. Right this moment? No. They're enjoying their holiday break. Which everyone should.

No, the spawns aren't perfect. But there's obviously something in the coding or behind the scenes that we can't see or don't understand that they do, that requires more work than a simple fix (a la Halo's glorious forge system).

:head desk:

I'm ready to blow my brains out now. D:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It's not.

I'm certain I could find several examples of you bashing the series in the multiple CoD threads that we have. But I won't. That's besides the point.

What I'm doing (or at least trying to do) is defend the developers to a degree. They're not magicians. They can't fix it at the drop of a hat. Certain things can be fixed (and more after a recent Title Update) via hotfixing. How did some things get out of testing? I don't know either. But they're trying to fix it. Right this moment? No. They're enjoying their holiday break. Which everyone should.

No, the spawns aren't perfect. But there's obviously something in the coding or behind the scenes that we can't see or don't understand that they do, that requires more work than a simple fix (a la Halo's glorious forge system).

:head desk:

I'm ready to blow my brains out now. D:
You're still working? Hurry up and get home, get some much needed rest then join us for some MW3! ^^

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Or the developers could simply be too lazy to come up with decent spawns! ^_^

Considering their past history of making games and the steady decline in quality, I'm prepared to make this statement

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
No, I'm home. Just haven't mustered up the strength to go online.
I'll prolly play some MW3 tomorrow, iunno, might be out all day looking at all the boxing day deals. ^^

Or the developers could simply be too lazy to come up with decent spawns! ^_^

Considering their past history of making games and the steady decline in quality, I'm prepared to make this statement
*Hands Fuelbi a +9,001 flame shield than goes back into cover*

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
WaW had enormous maps.
Some of them, such as Seelow, yes. There were also maps like Asylum, Courtyard, Castle, Hangar and even crazy small maps like Dome. All of those maps, the spawns weren't a problem. I can't think of one single instance that I've been killed because of bad spawns in that game, and I prestiged like, 20 times.

/fanboyism

The maps in this game are also decently sized, and the spawns are flat out terrible, way worse than day one Black Ops. In this game I've killed people, and they have literally spawned behind me and shot me in the back right away, multiple times in one game. Like, they basically respawn looking at you, the person who just killed them. Treyarch hands down has the better method for dealing with spawns, whatever it may be.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That's why Dome is the greatest small map in the CoD series. God I love that map to death, it's small and it manages to be fun and it doesn't screw you over with spawns

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Dome was pretty good for a small map. It may be my favorite small map in any CoD game, and you guys know I HATE them.

I should record this amazing clip of me killing a guy in Dom, doubling back, turning a corner, then having him spawn immediately behind me and knifing me. It was glorious when I watched the kill cam.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I meant the W@W map Dome, not MW3 Dome

:phone:
Oh, good I was about say that MW3 Dome was perhaps the worst map to ever be created in all of the CoD series.

@Tim: I suck at CoD4 because I got killed when I took like 2 steps? That's BS you're just incredibly biased toward CoD4 as if it was the greatest FPS of all time or something.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
CoD4 spawns were pretty lulzy. Spawn trapped on Downpour, spawn trapped on Wetworks, spawn trapped on other maps I don't remember the name of, spawn trapped on Pipeline, etc. etc.

Spawn abuse was pretty easy in that game.

Top Bottom