• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I come to this thread for advice:

MP7 or PP90/Super soaker?

And I was thinking of using the MP7 w/a silencer and extended mags. Yay or nah?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I love silencer extended mags on the MP7. Best combo for that gun if you ask me.

The PP90 gets on my nerves. All I see is people hip firing with steady aim and rapid fire when they use it. Super frustrating to die by that.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I love silencer extended mags on the MP7. Best combo for that gun if you ask me.

The PP90 gets on my nerves. All I see is people hip firing with steady aim and rapid fire when they use it. Super frustrating to die by that.
Well I mean, which SMG is better?

And thanks for the advice, once I unlock the extended mags attachment, I'll be sure to run that gun combo!

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I'd say the MP7 is better than the super soaker but my personal preference is the super soaker.

I feel more tryhard-ish when I use the MP7 and I never feel as confident hipfiring it as I do with the super soaker.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'd say the MP7 is better than the super soaker but my personal preference is the super soaker.

I feel more tryhard-ish when I use the MP7 and I never feel as confident hipfiring it as I do with the super soaker.
So there is no clear "winner"? (Cause I remember in the previous CoD titles, the best SMGs were the MP5, MP40, UMP and AK74U)

I guess that's not the case in this game?

Would you recommend I use steady aim with an MP7?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
A pistol at base level has more killing power in Core compared to shotguns at base level right now, Delta. So I'm not sure what kind of point you're making. :/

On that same notion, EVERY weapon can do what a shotgun could do in Hardcore. >_>

I enjoy HC SnD. Anyone who has played it with me knows how fun it can be. Don't knock it til you try it. It's nice to actually kill someone when you shoot them.
Except, in Core, I need to keep a target down my sights with a semi automatic weapon that actually has noticeable recoil in this game and that has pretty marginal aim assist for 3-4 shots as the target shoots at me. When I use a shotgun at this range, I can quickly scope in, fire once, and since most shotguns have some form of delay in firing regardless of auto fire/semi auto, I can scope in and fire again if necessary, more controlled, having an easier time strafing, having more wiggle room because of shotgun spread, and killing them in 1-2 shots.

In hardcore, I see a target, I aim down my sights, and kill it in one shot, shotgun or pistol. Except in this case, I can beat people at range with my pistol and can't with my shotgun. Since I can't absorb a shot or two to get around a corner if I'm caught in a bad position like I can in Core, a pistol is superior.

In most hardcore game modes I replace any case I would use a Shotgun class with a pistol class for the lulz.

As for the SMG debate, I prefer the MP5 to the Super Soaker. Call me crazy. I love my MP5. <3

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Except, in Core, I need to keep a target down my sights with a semi automatic weapon that actually has noticeable recoil in this game and that has pretty marginal aim assist for 3-4 shots as the target shoots at me. When I use a shotgun at this range, I can quickly scope in, fire once, and since most shotguns have some form of delay in firing regardless of auto fire/semi auto, I can scope in and fire again if necessary, more controlled, having an easier time strafing, having more wiggle room because of shotgun spread, and killing them in 1-2 shots.

In hardcore, I see a target, I aim down my sights, and kill it in one shot, shotgun or pistol. Except in this case, I can beat people at range with my pistol and can't with my shotgun. Since I can't absorb a shot or two to get around a corner if I'm caught in a bad position like I can in Core, a pistol is superior.

In most hardcore game modes I replace any case I would use a Shotgun class with a pistol class for the lulz.

As for the SMG debate, I prefer the MP5 to the Super Soaker. Call me crazy. I love my MP5. <3
MP5!? You're nuts.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Except my point was that the shotguns don't ALWAYS kill in 1-2 shots in core unless it's the stupid Striker. Which shall hence forth never be mentioned again.

Someone remove that weapon from the record.

The shotguns do NOT kill reliably in this game. This is not MW2.

Also, the KSG is ****. EVEN in HC. :urg: ADS sorta helps, but not much. Will experiment a little more when I get steady aim again, but man, that gun is a lost cause. That gun needs a buff.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
mp7 is better, thunder just doesn't like to ads much (which is why he uses shotguns and smg's) so he uses.pp90

mp7 is better if you're gonna ads (lol tim :awesome:)

:phone:

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
mp7 is better, thunder just doesn't like to ads much (which is why he uses shotguns and smg's) so he uses.pp90

mp7 is better if you're gonna ads (lol tim :awesome:)

:phone:
Hey I ads with the MP7 most of the time.

Not to mention I've found myself adsing with the super soaker more now after using the MP7 :/

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll join any party hosted tonight, F8AL.

I also officially have a problem with the spawns. Respawned near a teammate, gunned down by his assailant in less than 3 seconds. It hurt. A lot.:applejack:

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i use super soaker with rapid fire/extended mags and steady aim.
i still ads a lot though. it's hard to like the mp7 as much as the pp90 for me, but i think that's because i've spent a lot more time with super soaker.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
MP5!? You're nuts.
MP5 Silenced.

Me gusta.

Except my point was that the shotguns don't ALWAYS kill in 1-2 shots in core unless it's the stupid Striker. Which shall hence forth never be mentioned again.

Someone remove that weapon from the record.

The shotguns do NOT kill reliably in this game. This is not MW2.

Also, the KSG is ****. EVEN in HC. :urg: ADS sorta helps, but not much. Will experiment a little more when I get steady aim again, but man, that gun is a lost cause. That gun needs a buff.
Iunno, I have no problem killing with shotguns in this game. I consistently 1-2 burst in what I consider a normal shotgun range without Range, Damage, or Extendos.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
MP5 Silenced.

Me gusta.

Iunno, I have no problem killing with shotguns in this game. I consistently 1-2 burst in what I consider a normal shotgun range without Range, Damage, or Extendos.
I also like the MP5 in this game. With kick and silenced. and or 2 attachments rds/silenced. The sights aren't bad, but they're not great either. :/

Anyway, you're Delta. You're the exception to the rule. These 4-5+ shotgun hitmarkers for some reason must not apply to you.:glare: I HAVE found that on the USAS that with Steady aim, I usually kill in 1-2 shots reliably. I love me some USAS.

Get the KSG to Gold Camo. Without Hardcore. Then I will be impressed.

GO.

EDIT:

Yeah, that 'triple' Moab video is on it's way to the Burger Town salt mill.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yeah I use(d) MP5 with kick and silencer in hardcore modes, mainly.
It is a wonderful gun, but it is overshadowed by the other amazing SMGs.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I also like the MP5 in this game. With kick and silenced. and or 2 attachments rds/silenced. The sights aren't bad, but they're not great either. :/

Anyway, you're Delta. You're the exception to the rule. These 4-5+ shotgun hitmarkers for some reason must not apply to you.:glare: I HAVE found that on the USAS that with Steady aim, I usually kill in 1-2 shots reliably. I love me some USAS.

Get the KSG to Gold Camo. Without Hardcore. Then I will be impressed.

GO.

EDIT:

Yeah, that 'triple' Moab video is on it's way to the Burger Town salt mill.
Man, now I have to solely use the KSG and slow down my prestige...

I highly recommend quickscoping for anyone who says Shotguns are bad. I have great success if I use them that way.

This is why Mission is the worst map in the entire CoD series.
Dome.

New Theory: Use Red Dot Sights on Shotguns to get enhanced zoom when ADS to get a tighter spread.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I quickscope with shotgons when the opponent is far enough, or I don't feel like hip-firing. I had th same tendency with the Crossbow in Black Ops, but to be pertinent: I know it scares my enemies s***less to have near empty silence, then BAM. Hip-fire lets me refer to my reaction time much better than ADS in that instance.:applejack:

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
After seeing both videos I find it insane that IW claims the spawns are ok. This is why you shouldn't take drugs before answering the community.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I do not think I can really enjoy this game much without you guys. I feel as though there is a lot more cooperation while I'm in a SWF party, and I'm honestly beginning to feel the agitation associated with anonymous players in random games.
I also really need to invest in a mic.:applejack:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I do not think I can really enjoy this game much without you guys. I feel as though there is a lot more cooperation while I'm in a SWF party, and I'm honestly beginning to feel the agitation associated with anonymous players in random games.
Why don't you have one? All the 360s come with one.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Playing this game alone is the best way to convince anyone that Darwin was incorrect: I could definitely hand a controller to a monkey and have it play better than most of the randoms I get on my team.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Playing this game alone is the best way to convince anyone that Darwin was incorrect: I could definitely hand a controller to a monkey and have it play better than all of the randoms I get on my team.
Fixed that for you.

Top Bottom