• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Even though you level up pretty quick in this game, getting your rank reset is still a significantly large setback. Also the infinite prestige token glitch gives you plenty of advantages. If there was no penalty to using it you would basically have every single thing unlocked for every prestige because of unlock gears. Also you would have pretty much unlimited xp and unlimited weapon xp and you could get all 10 custom classes instantly. Sounds like a pretty big advantage to me.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So much for rewarding objective players. :awesome:

No. Again, you have no idea on what you're talking about.

He's obv trolling, just ignore him.

When your stats reset did it take your tokens away too?

:phone:
I believe you keep the tokens you started the game with. I.e., the ones you got from BLops, MW2, W@W, and CoD4.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It's not trolling F8AL it's called being logical. If you think it's trolling then infract me.

The glitch gave you no advantages compared to not doing it. You can get to level 80 without it and just sit there with everything, meaning that despite X person having everything at level 14, it makes no difference as the only people they have an advantage over is non-prestigers below level 80. And even non-prestigers can start with 4 or 5 tokens can't they? That's 8-10 hours double xp from the get go if they want.

Plus going back to level 1 isn't a punishment to anyone that didn't mind prestiging in the last game. And you can even choose to reset yourself anyway, and I wouldn't really consider anything you do to yourself willingly a punishment.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Even though you level up pretty quick in this game, getting your rank reset is still a significantly large setback. Also the infinite prestige token glitch gives you plenty of advantages. If there was no penalty to using it you would basically have every single thing unlocked for every prestige because of unlock gears. Also you would have pretty much unlimited xp and unlimited weapon xp and you could get all 10 custom classes instantly. Sounds like a pretty big advantage to me.
^
This.

It's not trolling F8AL it's called being logical. If you think it's trolling then infract me.

The glitch gave you no advantages compared to not doing it. You can get to level 80 without it and just sit there with everything, meaning that despite X person having everything at level 14, it makes no difference as the only people they have an advantage over is non-prestigers below level 80. And even non-prestigers can start with 4 or 5 tokens can't they? That's 8-10 hours double xp from the get go if they want.

Plus going back to level 1 isn't a punishment to anyone that didn't mind prestiging in the last game. And you can even choose to reset yourself anyway, and I wouldn't really consider anything you do to yourself willingly a punishment.

No...just no.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

The thing is 8-10 hours of double xp is still a limit though. With the unlimited prestige token glitch you just keep pressing on "add 2 hours" until you think you have enough to get all the way to 10th prestige. Plus the unlimited double weapon xp would allow you to get your proficiency much more quickly. Plus with everything unlocked there would be no drawback to going into prestige mode.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
But all of this is negated by the sit on level 80 part, you don't get anything extra for prestiging so getting to 10th fast means nothing. And 8-10 hours double xp will take you to level 80 easily.

You can get everything the glitch gives you without actually doing the glitch. AKA all the weapons.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
But all of this is negated by the sit on level 80 part, you don't get anything extra for prestiging so getting to 10th fast means nothing. And 8-10 hours double xp will take you to level 80 easily.

You can get everything the glitch gives you without actually doing the glitch. AKA all the weapons.

It ruins the image that you have to play a lot to reach 10th prestige.

It's also not fair for lower ranked/level players to play level 80s, since they have all the weapons/attachments etc.

Play fair, don't be a cheater.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
It ruins the image that you have to play a lot to reach 10th prestige.

It's also not fair for lower ranked/level players to play level 80s, since they have all the weapons/attachments etc.

Play fair, don't be a cheater.
Its basically the same reason why hacking for 10th prestige in MW2 was wrong, it basically takes away all the time you need to spend to get to 10th prestige. The hacking was so bad that pretty much anyone you saw who was 10th prestige was usually assumed to be a hacker, though there are some legit 10 prestige players in MW2, I'm somewhat close.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
That's all good but what advantages does it give you over sitting on level 80? And what advantages does getting to prestige 10 give you?

Either this is the best trolling ever or I'm just saying what's logical. Again.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Games of Domination are so hectic. Is it still panic knifing if you're on Tactical layout? I really do not panic when it comes to knifing unless it's an atypical situatuion, like, someone drops from above to land right before me.

I also like toying with my teammates at times; they often get the gist and play along.:applejack:

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
so uhhhh

I cant log into my xbox live account, anyone else having trouble signing on? I cant even recover it on my brothers xbox

I really hope this doesnt mean I got banned, I didnt do anything wrong

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
yeah i looked online and it seems other people are having the same problems as me today, Ill just wait it out and see whats up, I have arkham city to play for now anyway

or maybe I can start the mw3 campaign finally

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yep, I love this game so far. I feel a bit more compelled to move around a lot more, and I do well. I still do abysmal at times, but that's all in improvement.

I think I may be a Predator Missile magnet of some sort, as so far, I've been the target of practically all that have been deployed. Whenever I am the target, I try to isolate myself for the safety of my team, but they manage to keep such a close proximity as to make it impossible to get away from them. I laugh at both of these.:applejack:

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
You can open the video and replace what is said with the following but it's not needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGMOMkACtn4&feature=player_embedded#!

You should have been aware.
They're already here.
The Internets told of their return.
Their defeat was merely a delay
'Til the time after the Presents were opened,
When the noobs of Christmans would spill their own blood.
But no one wanted to believe,
Believe they were even that terrible.
And when the truth finally dawns,
It dawns in bad k/d.
But there's some they fear;
In their tongue, they're Zeymah (brothers) -- Team SWF!

FUS RO DAH!!!

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
That's all good but what advantages does it give you over sitting on level 80? And what advantages does getting to prestige 10 give you?

Either this is the best trolling ever or I'm just saying what's logical. Again.

Getting to 10th prestige (or getting to a high enough prestige to have what you need). For example custom classes. If you haven't played any previous CoD games before MW3 you will have no prestige tokens. So you play MW3, prestige once and do the prestige token glitch. You now have all of the custom classes. Having more options like that would definitely give you an advantage. A person who sits at level 80 and never prestiges or does the glitch would be stuck with 5 classes. Some people do stick with 1 class, but having more options is an advantage regardless.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
lmao it's obvious that they only care about the money they make from Christmas sales.

They don't give any form of **** for the Christmas noobs seeing as they're giving us more stuff :troll:

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Not sure if I am.......

On another note, just saw part of the news and they were asking kids about what they want to get. One kid says "a game called modern warfare 3."

He couldn't have been any older than 11 years.

Chalk up another squeaker :awesome:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Mine has actually been going up the past week, currently have a 1.73 K/D ratio. :cool:

Should break a 2.00 K/D ratio in another month or so if this keeps up. :awesome:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Merry Christmas, mates! Get ready for some fresh MW3 meat, as I predict an abundance of such, myself included.:applejack:

Top Bottom