• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Grandeza

Smash Master
I mean the first no scope was complete luck. And he got a quick scope collat. It was a crazy clip that took luck and reaction time. Not much else needs to be said. I understand though that it was close quarters and a sniper shouldn't be good in that distance. But it still doesn't show overpoweredness in my book. Sniping still takes skill in this game. Unless you really believe quickscoping is just luck. Either that or you think anyone could do well doing it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I finally killed someone with a sniper rifle last night, it was easy. I think I also quick scoped a few people. I'm so good.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
I mean the first no scope was complete luck. And he got a quick scope collat. It was a crazy clip that took luck and reaction time. Not much else needs to be said. I understand though that it was close quarters and a sniper shouldn't be good in that distance. But it still doesn't show overpoweredness in my book. Sniping still takes skill in this game. Unless you really believe quickscoping is just luck. Either that or you think anyone could do well doing it.
Humor me and name one other type of gun that would have rewarded him with that kill.

Grandeza

Smash Master
The turn around one shot? A shotgun could have done it. Albeit, it would have been unlikely but then again I think no scoping a guy is less likely than shotgunning a guy would be.

I finally killed someone with a sniper rifle last night, it was easy. I think I also quick scoped a few people. I'm so good.
not sure if serious.

FalcrowLombardi

Smash Cadet
That sniper would have made me **** out my own eyeballs. Their is no way that he should have gotten both of those. And the kid didn't even know they were behind him until they were directly behind him. Why must kids be so bad. By the way, who's gonna be on tonight.

Player-1

Smash Legend
quickscoping is just too easy, I think the power of the sniper are fine though. I use the 50 cal. with kick and that thing gets SOOOO many hitmarkers.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't see how you can complain about sniping when you still have fmgs, type 95s, bad spawns, bad hit detection, crappy riot shields, and strikers to complain about

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

-Sniper rifles in my personal space
-The Striker
-The Type 95
-The FMGs
-Little kids on Xbox Live
-These aren't the Droids I'm looking for
-No Marathon (Unlimited Sprint)
-Shotguns can't do **** for damage, and it's a pain in the *** to get them there
-The atrocious Spawns
-Not being able to pick up stuns (at least) in scavenger bags, among other things from scavenger bags
-Friendly Stealth Bomber screen shake :mad:
-THE STRIKER :mad: :mad: :mad:
-Quickscoping, and any sort of silly argument that says it's "not overpowered" when there are ****ing guns that can't kill in one hit in it's own effective range (I'M LOOKING AT YOU SHOTGUNS)
-You America. @#$% you.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I still have to disagree with shotguns sucking. I've had great success with the SPAS, AA12, and partial success with the USAS and KSG, all without damage/range/Extendos.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I still have to disagree with shotguns sucking. I've had great success with the SPAS, AA12, and partial success with the USAS and KSG, all without damage/range/Extendos.
I only have success with shotguns in Hardcore.

:nods:

HotArms knows what's up.

Been using that USAS with Extreme Conditioning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

^ ^

Relevant, yo.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Usas

One unique hidden feature of the USAS-12 is that it gives the user doubled sprint time when equipped on all platforms, similar to the effects of Extreme Conditioning. This effect can be combined with the aforementioned perk to allow the player to sprint for unparalleled distances.

Matt07

Smash Master
I still dislike seeing the UMP in this game, I hate dying to it. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth since MW2. Same goes for the Scar, and the ACR.

Matt07

Smash Master
Nah, they're not overpowered just overused (at least on PS3...), and I roll my eyes everytime I die by one of those guns. Just sick of seeing them/dying by them a lot, that's all :p.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman

-Sniper rifles.
-The Striker
-The Type 95 with rapid fire.
-The FMGs (nice nerf lol)
-Little kids on Xbox Live (I could go in to this, but it would be pages.)
-These aren't the Droids I'm looking for jedi mind tricks
-No Marathon (Unlimited Sprint) <- this.
-Shotguns can't do **** for damage, and it's a pain in the *** to get them there
-The atrocious Spawns
-Not being able to pick up stuns (at least) in scavenger bags, among other things from scavenger bags <- this
-Friendly Stealth Bomber screen shake seizure
-THE STRIKER
-Quickscoping, and any sort of silly argument that says it's "not overpowered" when there are ****ing guns that can't kill in one hit in it's own effective range
-You America Wisconsin. @#$% you. I think that's what you mean.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I know F8AL! Closest I'll get to Marathon in this game. :urg:

The Skorpion has the same effect. :awesome:

-Sniper rifles.
-The Striker
-The Type 95 with rapid fire.
-The FMGs (nice nerf lol)
-Little kids on Xbox Live (I could go in to this, but it would be pages.)
-These aren't the Droids I'm looking for jedi mind tricks
-No Marathon (Unlimited Sprint) <- this.
-The atrocious Spawns
-Not being able to pick up stuns (at least) in scavenger bags, among other things from scavenger bags <- this
-Friendly Stealth Bomber screen shake seizure
-THE STRIKER
-Quickscoping, and any sort of silly argument that says it's "not overpowered" when there are ****ing guns that can't kill in one hit in it's own effective range
-You America Wisconsin. @#$% you. I think that's what you mean.

I'm going to allow it. /brofist

The Type 95 with Rapid Fire is a BIG problem. I think if it didn't have Rapid Fire, it wouldn't be an issue.

FMGs are just... jackiechanwtf.jpg

I'm gonna go to bed. Work in the morning, but I have Tuesday off, so I'll be up tomorrow night, then work Wednesday, but off Thursday, so up Wednesday night.

Catch ya on the flipside.

Player-1

Smash Legend
quickscope isn't really overpowered, just ruined. Quickscoping is SUPPOSED to be hard, that's what made it awesome to do in other COD games (cept MW2 it was easy in that too), but it's pretty easy here, but I don't think it's overpowered at all.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I like balancing. Turning on kids with my one hit KO mini cannon and then balancing them in the face is hilarious. And then I get to balance kids at range, too, because they have no hope of hitting me with 3-5 bullets before I hit them with one. Unless, they're also balancing, in which case we have balanced battles!

It's balanced, guys.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I like balancing. Turning on kids with my one hit KO mini cannon and then balancing them in the face is hilarious. And then I get to balance kids at range, too, because they have no hope of hitting me with 3-5 bullets before I hit them with one. Unless, they're also balancing, in which case we have balanced battles!

It's balanced, guys.
Ohhhhhh don't I know it, the most balanced thing in the world. Its almost as balanced as the Type 95 :troll:

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
And I ran, I ran so far away.
I don't see the big deal, if a gun gets nerfed just start using a new one. Good guns are fairly easy to use and there a decent number of good guns.

M4A1, ACR, FAD, G36C, MK14, UMP45, PP90M1, P90, MP7, CM901, Type 95

These are all guns that I would consider viable. I may have forgotten about a few guns, but if a gun gets nerfed any of the other guns that I listed are pretty easy to switch to.
i don't want to use a prestige token on a gun that i won't like later.
i like mk14, scar, acr, pp90, mp7, and l96a1 (forget what the awp is called in this game). i don't think i'll be too mad if one of them got nerfed.
quickscope isn't really overpowered, just ruined. Quickscoping is SUPPOSED to be hard, that's what made it awesome to do in other COD games (cept MW2 it was easy in that too), but it's pretty easy here, but I don't think it's overpowered at all.
i used to follow all my quickscoping complaints with "i'm not saying it's hard or that i could do it" or something like that...

after playing with a sniper for most of the day, i can quickscope pretty well.
i was ****** ****. it's stupid. i lost respect for it... gay... poop... i still acknowledge that they never really top lobbies, so it's not THAT bad, i guess....

EDIT: I JUST READ THEY ARE PATCHING EXTENDED MAGS ON SHOTGUNS WHAT THE BUTT

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
And I ran, I ran so far away.
First thing I thought of was SNL

And them not topping lobbies isn't the point in my eyes. I'm annoyed at the fact that I get buzzkilled or screwed over because of some guy quickscoping, not supporting his team, and then going negative. He could care less that he went negative, but I care if that crap screwed me of a higher killstreak, or even just messing my k/d up for the game.

All while he rides his support package to a k/d of 16-29 or something.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm annoyed at the fact that I get buzzkilled or screwed over because of some guy quickscoping, not supporting his team, and then going negative. He could care less that he went negative, but I care if that crap screwed me of a higher killstreak, or even just messing my k/d up for the game.

All while he rides his support package to a k/d of 16-29 or something.
This is salt.

Try to enjoy the game for what it is (trash heap) and not to take it seriously. It's like trying to have a deep discussion with the Court jester - It's not suppose to be that way.

Top Bottom