• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, great games. The SnD was pretty close for the longest time. Icy, what happened man?

The Barrett is the superior weapon, but not because it's stronger. It has a larger clip, higher fire rate, and for some reason feels easier to quickscope.

I didn't really enjoy the first Rust game because it was impossible to get a decent kill. Everyone had an M21 or Barrett and just sprayed. Seemed a little stupid to me, but hey, I said snipers only and lost because I used a bolt action.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Yeah, great games. The SnD was pretty close for the longest time. Icy, what happened man?

The Barrett is the superior weapon, but not because it's stronger. It has a larger clip, higher fire rate, and for some reason feels easier to quickscope.

I didn't really enjoy the first Rust game because it was impossible to get a decent kill. Everyone had an M21 or Barrett and just sprayed. Seemed a little stupid to me, but hey, I said snipers only and lost because I used a bolt action.
I'm going to john here but, I really miss my old guns ;___; I have zero good silenced Assault Rifles. Except the FAMAS, but I don't like that one too much for search and destroy. :urg: Like on my PS3, I have Silenced UMP and ACR, etc. Both are amazing. And I haven't gotten either of those yet, so I'm just slowly declining.. I'm going for Silenced M4, and UMP now to hold me up for the time being.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
You missed last night. Like a boss.

:D

I miss the M40A3 icy, i refuse to snipe now in MW2, i just throw in CoD4 if i want to do some sniping lol.

I'll be on again tonight, i've managed to stay on top of my homework enough to play some more (yay)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I haven't been able to play a single Sabotage match without care package glitchers.

It was fun though because I was going for Cold Blooded Pro and got it in two games.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Haha, I've been staying on top of HW for the exact same reason. Although, I don't get too much. Senior blow off schedule yay!
I have like, a TON of homework. Hard college major ftl.

Edit:

And mad, in all honesty i can't even stand to play anything but snd right now because of those glitchers, it's getting so ridiculous.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I like to think that this is a great game, and it is, but the community just ruins it. Shamelessly throwing care packages to be a ****.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Agreed. I also wish people would report more, most people just leave the game or don't take the time to report people, but if they would take the time to report them, it would help. Even if it was just a tiny bit, it would still help a little.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
This game is brilliant if played with a bunch of friends in private matches.

Once you get to the stage where you're playing with people you can't punch if they're being nuisances, there's a problem. I bet half the stuff wouldn't happen if there was some ability to kick the morons in the face. =/

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I'd have to agree that the community ruins the game. Seriously, the game is so much fun and everything, but it's often ruined with glitches and people who just join a game to piss you off. I've been getting a lot of games where people just put on danger close and use an RPG, semtex, noob tube and 1 man army. Those people never fail to make me scream.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
I bet half the stuff wouldn't happen if there was some ability to kick the morons in the face. =/
Unlocks in MW2

1st Prestige Custom Class six.
2nd Prestige Cool emblem/title
3rd Prestige Custom Class seven
10th Prestige unlocks attachment: Mechanical kicking mechanism on Xbox 360 for nubs that piss average Joe's off.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'd have to agree that the community ruins the game. Seriously, the game is so much fun and everything, but it's often ruined with glitches and people who just join a game to piss you off. I've been getting a lot of games where people just put on danger close and use an RPG, semtex, noob tube and 1 man army. Those people never fail to make me scream.
Hmm... This sounds familiar ;)

And a special thanks to Belgian Waffle for making me the coolest sig evarrrrrr ;]

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
OH MY GOD!

I got the sickest kill with the throwing knife!

I spawned on the crane side building on Highrise.As soon as I smashed the window(on the right side) I threw the knife over at the window diagonal to mine(cross map left side) and knifed a dude.

God I wish MW2 had replays!

Grunt

Smash Master
i was doing the care package glitches all day.
first one was an ac130
then countless predators and harriers and one emp eventually.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Glitch is so much fun but I already see how its beginning to ruin the game. For example, I saw someone do the glitch with EAD the entire match. We lost. Big time.

The subsequent match me and two friends all did it with EAD. We had like 18 care packages a minute. We won 75 kills to 9.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
The care package glitch is incredibly fun, but needs to be patched immediately. Using it with an EAD leads to ****. I had 3 games where I went >80 kills- <20 deaths. Getting 7 Chopper Gunners/AC130s in one game just doesn't seem fair.

On a side note, is there a website that tells you how you can get titles? I want to get I.C.E. Man, but I don't know how to get it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The care package glitch is incredibly fun, but needs to be patched immediately. Using it with an EAD leads to ****. I had 3 games where I went >80 kills- <20 deaths. Getting 7 Chopper Gunners/AC130s in one game just doesn't seem fair.

On a side note, is there a website that tells you how you can get titles? I want to get I.C.E. Man, but I don't know how to get it.
Look back a few pages, I think omis posted a link.

Grunt

Smash Master
i just got 4 EAD's in one match.
1 uav
1 AC130
1 CG
2 precision AS
3 helicopters
1 harrier
2 PM
4 sentries
1 pavelow
I leveled up.

S

smash brawl player 99021

And I think I.C.E. man is something to do with C4, but I'm not positive.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I haven't. I don't enjoy using extremely cheap glitches like that. You all should go catch on fire.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I haven't. I don't enjoy using extremely cheap glitches like that. You all should go catch on fire.
I agree that the glitches are annoying, but it's just a game. Besides, IW is supposed to release a patch for it eventually. Best thing to do for now is if someone is abusing glitches a lot in a match, just leave the match or wait for the match to end and then leave the lobby and try to find a better lobby. Or even better, play some Mike Myers matches:).

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I completely agree that it's cheap, but it's also easy to flank the hell out of abusers of the EAD. People who use just the care package are harder to pick off, but I got a chopper gunner today just by going prone in Favela, and picking off every idiot who ran for my care package.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yeah I was playing on Rundown and one guy was doing the glitch a lot!(It's the only time it's happened to me too)

Lucky for me I killed him and his 2 mates and my team took his packages.I've never felt such justice....

I got an AC,Harrier and Gunner.

Oh how I revelled in every kill.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
I...I....ugh.

I went 14-3, 10-2, and 9-2 in three straight games in search last night, i backed out, joined another game due to not being able to migrate host, and proceeded to make a fool of myself by unloading a full clip as the last person and not connecting a single shot.

ohhhhhhhhh man the lobby afterwards was sooo painful >.<

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=260502

We've updated the European PS3 version of Modern Warfare 2, including the following fixes:

- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
- Fix for "infinite care package" exploit.
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
- Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and 'elevators'.
- Fixes to prevent various XP hacks.

However, we are aware of several users reporting freezes once connected to games. We are currently working with SONY to identify the source of this issue.

US PS3 Players:
This patch should go live for US PS3 players at some point tonight according to Sony NA.

Worldwide Xbox 360 Players:
This patch is currently in certification at Microsoft. No ETA on it's arrival yet.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That happens to Icy every game! :p Jokes aside, I had the most fun stealing packages yesterday. I killed so many people that tried to save his packages.

Top Bottom