• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
That was hands down some of the best editing I've seen in any montage from ANY game.

EDIT: Unfortunately, it doesn't even come close to my favorite montage of all time. It's a Halo 3 montage though. Not sure if anyone here is interested in it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr5Dnk4Rd3k
I have to say, the music and editing in this movie (http://www.pldx.com/movie/779/She_Looked_16/) is better, but the frags aren't. I hope you enjoy this one too.

Edit:

That Halo 3 montage was pretty sexy too, not gonna lie :D

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Thanks F8AL for helping me beat those Spec Ops missions. Acceptable Losses on the first try?! Hidden on the first!?!?! 20-0-6 in MW2 sniping, 25-0-23 in CoD4?!?!?1

So fun.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Thanks F8AL for helping me beat those Spec Ops missions. Acceptable Losses on the first try?! Hidden on the first!?!?! 20-0-6 in MW2 sniping, 25-0-23 in CoD4?!?!?1

So fun.
You're welcome, and thanks for kicking my ***! :laugh: (you're too good with a sniper rifle dude)

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'll be on tonight for anyone wanting to play. I'm good for anything, though I'd love to do another MM's match again. but anything goes really.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Aight, so my console is still broken, still displaying Error Code "E 73". I'm torn between telling them it's E 73 and risking having to pay, or just straight up telling them it's E 74 and hoping that they fix it for free >.>...or I could just call and ***** up a storm about E 73 and hope to get it for free.

Eh, I dunno. Have fun on MW2 tonight guys, wish I could join you :(

S

smash brawl player 99021

Just whine and ***** as much as you can :/ Maybe they'll do it for free, maybe not.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm having a lot of fun playing with Icy, you guys are missing out.

48-4-9 on Terminal with two Pave Lows. All in my quest for a Fall SCAR. 154/250.

Thino

Smash Master
http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=260502

We've updated the European PS3 version of Modern Warfare 2, including the following fixes:

- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
- Fix for "infinite care package" exploit.
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
- Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and 'elevators'.
- Fixes to prevent various XP hacks.

However, we are aware of several users reporting freezes once connected to games. We are currently working with SONY to identify the source of this issue.

US PS3 Players:
This patch should go live for US PS3 players at some point tonight according to Sony NA.

Worldwide Xbox 360 Players:
This patch is currently in certification at Microsoft. No ETA on it's arrival yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5alZakGTC4

seems like we'll be getting another patch soon

PS : sure I got the game only a week ago but , how the hell do you guys get so many kills >_<

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

PS : sure I got the game only a week ago but , how the hell do you guys get so many kills >_<
Good guns. Silenced ACR, Holo'd M16, SCAR-H w/ Extended Mags., a silenced TAR-21 You need to have a good knowledge of the maps, their spawns, the other players, your guns limitations, your awareness, and most importantly, killstreaks. Other minor factors like dropshotting and proper use of equipment and perks are also crucial. If you can get air support, not only does that help boost your kills, but it builds toward more streaks and allows you to put pressure on the opposing team and get even more kills while they're distracted.

@TRG - Yes, I'm actually 15. My voice sounds really bad over a mic or telephone, not a lot I can do about that but hey, I don't care.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
While this IS CoD4, I'd like to reccomend this montage, it's beyond sexy. http://www.pldx.com/movie/1028/Jailbait/
This is pretty good

It also makes me wish that I could have sniped like that In MW2, but there are issues with this:

1: There is no M40A3 in MW2:
Obviously there is one in CoD4. The Springfield in WoW shares traits with it, technically being an M40. Unfortunately, there are 4 snipers in MW2, and the M40 isn't one of them and it doesn't have a replacement. And don't give me that "the Intervention is the new M40" Bull ****. The Intervention is the new R700. It sways like an R700, it has the accuracy of the R700, it has the power of the R700, and it has the same issues as the R700 (sans given an extra bullet and a clip reload). There is no M40. The Intervention would be fine and all, but it is stopping power reliant, which brings me to point 2...

2: Stopping power is a huge risk in MW2:
In CoD4, the worst you can suffer is having your position revealed by a UAV, caught in the open with an airstrike, or nailed by a wandering helicopter if it passes over and you're too exposed. Same with WoW (except replace helicopter with homicidal dogs). But in modern warfare 2, there is so much **** happening that it is incredibly difficult to stay in your perch while using stopping power. Not only do you have UAVs, airstrikes, and helicopters, but now you have to deal with:
-Thermal scopes
-Predator missiles
-stealth bombers
-harriers
-chopper gunner
-AC130
Essentially, stopping power wasn't nerfed directly like Lightweight, but indirectly by putting in so much **** that can kill you that cold blooded becomes much more helpful.

3: Finding the right secondary isn't easy anymore:
Again, finding the best secondary in the other two was relatively easy, either go with one of 4-5 pistols, including a power pistol. In MW2, pistols are now rivaled by MPs and shotguns. Pistols are too weak, shotguns have too short a range, and it is really difficult to find the right MP. In essence, Infinity ward overcomplicated MW2 to an astonishingly degree.

My main complaint of MW2: it's over-complicated, so full of **** ready to kill you, and there is no longer that beauty M40 we all know and love.

(sighs)

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm having a lot of fun playing with Icy, you guys are missing out.

48-4-9 on Terminal with two Pave Lows. All in my quest for a Fall SCAR. 154/250.
Hell yeah. That was fun.

Thanks for the heads up! And welcome! :p

Me and TRG have had a rather odd time recently. We played a few gay matches of Dom. with Care Package/Sentry Gun glitchers. Then he ***** **** on Skidrow with his AA-12. Too good xD

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This is pretty good

It also makes me wish that I could have sniped like that In MW2, but there are issues with this:

1: There is no M40A3 in MW2:
Obviously there is one in CoD4. The Springfield in WoW shares traits with it, technically being an M40. Unfortunately, there are 4 snipers in MW2, and the M40 isn't one of them and it doesn't have a replacement. And don't give me that "the Intervention is the new M40" Bull ****. The Intervention is the new R700. It sways like an R700, it has the accuracy of the R700, it has the power of the R700, and it has the same issues as the R700 (sans given an extra bullet and a clip reload). There is no M40. The Intervention would be fine and all, but it is stopping power reliant, which brings me to point 2...

2: Stopping power is a huge risk in MW2:
In CoD4, the worst you can suffer is having your position revealed by a UAV, caught in the open with an airstrike, or nailed by a wandering helicopter if it passes over and you're too exposed. Same with WoW (except replace helicopter with homicidal dogs). But in modern warfare 2, there is so much **** happening that it is incredibly difficult to stay in your perch while using stopping power. Not only do you have UAVs, airstrikes, and helicopters, but now you have to deal with:
-Thermal scopes
-Predator missiles
-stealth bombers
-harriers
-chopper gunner
-AC130
Essentially, stopping power wasn't nerfed directly like Lightweight, but indirectly by putting in so much **** that can kill you that cold blooded becomes much more helpful.

3: Finding the right secondary isn't easy anymore:
Again, finding the best secondary in the other two was relatively easy, either go with one of 4-5 pistols, including a power pistol. In MW2, pistols are now rivaled by MPs and shotguns. Pistols are too weak, shotguns have too short a range, and it is really difficult to find the right MP. In essence, Infinity ward overcomplicated MW2 to an astonishingly degree.

My main complaint of MW2: it's over-complicated, so full of **** ready to kill you, and there is no longer that beauty M40 we all know and love.

(sighs)
I'll go ahead and say it. The Intervention is the M40 of MW2. Call it the R700 all you like, but that doesn't take away the fact that the Intervention is the dominant sniper. It kills from the waist and up with Stopping Power. In terms of stats, sure, you can believe it's an R700.

If you'd like to go 7-1-5 every game because you sit on a perch with a Cold Blooded sniper, be my guest. In theory, Cold Blooded is the best perk in the game the way you make it out to be, but in an actual game, Stopping Power is more useful for sniping.

Please, find me some campy M21/W2000 Cold Blooded footage that's better than an aggresive Barrett/Intervention Stopping Power match.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
@:mad:

1: Yes, the Intervention is like the M40 in terms of clipsize, bolt action, and being the most dominant sniper. However, it has a high sway, & the smallest clip among snipers, and is in general somewhat inferior to the two snipers that are runner ups (the M21 is more "accurate": [as in it has less recoil], and the Barret is much more flexible [the WA2000 sucks on all accounts]), emulating the R700 of CoD4

2: I can get long kill streaks off of cold blooded, without worrying about air support shooting me down or with less caution of a thermal sniper (well, a poor one at least). That is something I have not done with stopping power.

3: The Barret can also be placed in the group with the cold blooded. It may be less used with cold blooded that the WA2000 or M21, but it is a completely viable cold blooded sniper rifle.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Me and TRG have had a rather odd time recently. We played a few gay matches of Dom. with Care Package/Sentry Gun glitchers. Then he ***** **** on Skidrow with his AA-12. Too good xD
Icy, halp me. Why can't I get the Sentry glitch to work? D:

Also, as far as Stopping Power vs. Cold Blooded for snipers goes, I use Cold Blooded, but in a more aggressive manner. I generally find myself a spot more in the center of the map, get a few kills, then move forward. Actually, I end up getting just as many knife/pistol kills as I do with my rifle.

I would use Stopping Power, but I find Cold Blooded a lot more useful since I like to stay undetected as much as possible. I actually managed to use the pro version effectively the other day on Wasteland, I got flashed and I just dropped prone and kept tapping Y. The guy was behind me when I could see again, so I got up and knifed him. Something similar happened another time, but the guy stepped on me, then looked down and shot me. D:

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Blech, Tranz, that sucks that your xbox broke. Don't feel alone/pissed about it though, it happens to virtually _everyone_ that buys one. My disc drive is apparently going bad, says microsoft and the people at gamestop. A lot of the time no matter what game I'm playing, old or brand new, I'll get a "Disc unreadable" message, or as of late, "Play DVD" in place of "Play modern warfare 2" under the My Xbox tab on the dashboard. It's a piece of junk, but all I can recommend is trying to get a warranty on it and just keep renewing it. I don't really understand how I'm supposed to fix a messed up disc drive personally, so I'm just waiting till I get rings or the thing just explodes on the spot.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Icy, halp me. Why can't I get the Sentry glitch to work? D:

Also, as far as Stopping Power vs. Cold Blooded for snipers goes, I use Cold Blooded, but in a more aggressive manner. I generally find myself a spot more in the center of the map, get a few kills, then move forward. Actually, I end up getting just as many knife/pistol kills as I do with my rifle.

I would use Stopping Power, but I find Cold Blooded a lot more useful since I like to stay undetected as much as possible. I actually managed to use the pro version effectively the other day on Wasteland, I got flashed and I just dropped prone and kept tapping Y. The guy was behind me when I could see again, so I got up and knifed him. Something similar happened another time, but the guy stepped on me, then looked down and shot me. D:
I think it's the same thing as the other... Just get your Care Package Maker out, climb over something then double-tap CPM again, and that should work. When you collect it from the box, there should be another. I don't know though :/

Anyway, I had so much fun with you guys tonight ^_^ Mike Myers is too good xD

I automatically CLAIM myself, as RIOT SHIELD CHAMPIONNNNNNN

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Well today was a very successful day of MW2. Got my K/D up from a 1.89 to a 1.91. My best game being 44-something-4.

I also had a good time playing some MMs with the SWF crew! :)

OH yeah and all of the care package glitchers that I ran into today can go to hell.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
you're using the sentry drop marker, not the actual turret, right?
Yes, I am.

Today was a successful S&D noob tube, thumper, and danger close day for me. :p
I don't like you.

Okay, maybe if you're on my team I do.

I actually used a OMA Danger Close set up tonight. Was great, the other team was so mad. lol @ bad clans.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Well today was a very successful day of MW2. Got my K/D up from a 1.89 to a 1.91. My best game being 44-something-4.

I also had a good time playing some MMs with the SWF crew! :)

OH yeah and all of the care package glitchers that I ran into today can go to hell.
We encountered way too many >_< Gets super annoying. Patch plzzzz
When's the Soundtrack coming out again? :O

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
We encountered way too many >_< Gets super annoying. Patch plzzzz
When's the Soundtrack coming out again? :O
It's in M$'s slow certification process. Another patch is on it's way to fix the new CP glitch.

And there hasn't been an official release date yet for the OST.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I actually used a OMA Danger Close set up tonight. Was great, the other team was so mad. lol @ bad clans.
Yeah. When I put on my danger close class, my intentions are to piss people off as much as possible. Usually if I play with friends though, they all put on riot shields while I have a scar, and we just throw them into the middle of the map to get attention then I shoot people. XD It's hilarious to be playing S&D and stick it to someone with an AA-12 who is trying to figure out how they're gonna go about killing the riot shield.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Yeah. When I put on my danger close class, my intentions are to piss people off as much as possible. Usually if I play with friends though, they all put on riot shields while I have a scar, and we just throw them into the middle of the map to get attention then I shoot people. XD It's hilarious to be playing S&D and stick it to someone with an AA-12 who is trying to figure out how they're gonna go about killing the riot shield.
I honestly think using Scavenger and having a Thumper/RPG is better than OMA. Just my opinion though.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Oh please. Don't act like all the other companies aren't out there to take your money.

Sony and Nintendo are no different.
Agreed. Anyway, Leafy, it was fun to play with you today. Even if it was like... 2 Matches >_<

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I honestly think using Scavenger and having a Thumper/RPG is better than OMA. Just my opinion though.
After some time testing out OMA I've learned that it's very situational. Scavenger is an all-around better choice for a perk if you plan on surviving for long periods of time.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I will always use Scavenger because I want my RPGs.

M.K

Level 55
If anyone wants to add me, it's Lishus12.
I'm snowed into my freaking house and I've nothing left to do but bake more cupcakes (my kitchen is flooded with them) or play COD:MW2.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If anyone wants to add me, it's Lishus12.
I'm snowed into my freaking house and I've nothing left to do but bake more cupcakes (my kitchen is flooded with them) or play COD:MW2.
It's a shame you're not 360, we'd love to play with you.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Aug. Hbar. Me and :mad: had some INTENSE sniping matches. Each game was so close. 29-30 to 30-29 each time. And he had some intense mother-****ing comebacks too. x___x
I won one match, he won two. I'm dissapointed.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It was 29 to 24 at one point.

Massive spawn **** on my part for the slick clutch.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Dumb clutch... I came back at one point too! The match I won, I was down like 4-5 kills.

Top Bottom