• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Charizard, ALL attachments add sway to the AK except ACOG. So even if you don't use a sight, and say you want to add silencer, it still adds sway.

TAR all dayyy
Thanks for the correction about the AK-47, but it still doesn't detract from the rest of the comparison.

AKA SCAR FTW

Fletch

Smash Master
I don't have trouble aiming anything at long range (Ironically, it's the reverse). The TAR just requires practically an entire clip in order to really do well at that range. A 30 round, high power, stopping power boosted, clip. The SCAR May only dump half a clip at that range. A 20 round, high power, hardline, clip. See the difference?
This is only if you're bad at managing the recoil...

BECAUSE IT IS ESSENTIALLY TRYING TO COMPARE A SNIPER RIFLE TO AN SMG! (If you do, seriously, don't compare anything.) They are suited for a particular environment (SCAR Mid-long, TAR Close-Mid), and can only intrude on the other's "turf" with some capacity. Similar comparisons can be made with the Power snipers. The Intervention is better as a true sniper, while the Barrett has a more close up "Marksman" role. The Barrett CAN be used as a true sniper, but it's recoil throws off the aim too severely, and the semi-auto nature is ironically detrimental. The inverse is also true, but the sluggish RoF hinders the Intervention's capacity to do much close up. More on that when I get to it.
The whole bolded part is so ridiculously wrong that I really don't even know where to begin. I really don't want to do another write-up on the Intervention versus the Barrett, but the Barrett excels in every single possible situation over the Intervention.

A: You got it backwards, the AK has vertical recoil while the TAR is all over the place.
B: All sights add sway to the AK, but why the **** are you using sights on the AK?
C: I have used all three Heavy ARs for some time. The SCAR has a recoil a bit above the M4 (barely). The AK starts low, but gradually grows more severe. The TAR starts steady, before relatively quickly jumping all over the place.
A: That isn't right, I was right... Refer to the recoil pictures in the OP.
B: All the attachments add sway to the AK (not just the sights), which makes it a pretty **** useless gun (at least to me).
C: I don't know what you're getting at here.

A: The general public that's who! In case you notice, the most popular ARs are the ACR, SCAR, and M16. All are well known for their accuracy and sans the M16 (which is the least accurate of it's group, but still ****ing accurate), the most accurate of their weapons type.
B: The SCAR can also 3 hit at any range with stopping power, and you effectively contradicted yourself.
A: The most popular guns that I see are the TAR and the UMP, and for good reason. I see the ACR a decent amount I guess, but I don't really see the SCAR or M16 that much at all.
B: How did I contradict myself? I'm aware the SCAR 3 hit kills at any range with SP, I mentioned this...

What is this list that you speak of? No seriously, where is this list? I kinda want to know what some people use.
EDIT: Found my post from earlier
"5. Famas with Red Dot
4. ACR with Red Dot
3. M16 with Holo
2. Tar with FMJ or Holo
1. UMP with FMJ or anything actually ...

Also seen a few AK's, M4s, P90s, and Scars but no where near as many as the top 5.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
This is only if you're bad at managing the recoil...

Point taken

The whole bolded part is so ridiculously wrong that I really don't even know where to begin. I really don't want to do another write-up on the Intervention versus the Barrett, but the Barrett excels in every single possible situation over the Intervention.

Ack, I am sick of everyone just jumping to conclusions on this one. Yes, The Barrett is the best sniper rifle, IF you compare all the sniper rifle's together. In that case, the Intervention is at a loss due to it's RoF, and the other two are just plain weak. Alone, on the other hand, one can't draw the same conclusions. It is clear that The Intervention excels (better than the Barrett as well) at Long range sit down and actual sniping, since it doesn't magically eat through ammo and Rof isn't an issue (If you try to claim that it is, in what world exactly? And don't bull **** me with the "take out two guys sitting next to each other". The Barrett takes as long to fire & readjust sights as the Intervention [Thanks to disorientating recoil and that it actually takes time to readjust sights {or sheer luck}])
Conversely, at closer ranges, the Barrett excels, since the closer a person is to an opponent, RoF becomes more important.

Wait, what? The AK-47 has vertical recoil and the TAR has erratic recoil. You said the inverse. I am right.
B: All the attachments add sway to the AK (not just the sights), which makes it a pretty **** useless gun (at least to me).
Cyan corrected this. But the AK is far from useless.
Come to think of it, I barely even know

A: The most popular guns that I see are the TAR and the UMP, and for good reason. I see the ACR a decent amount I guess, but I don't really see the SCAR or M16 that much at all.
B: How did I contradict myself? I'm aware the SCAR 3 hit kills at any range with SP, I mentioned this...

What gametype do you typically play? I typically play ground war (I get bored with less people rather fast), and in those the SCAR, M16, and ACR are REALLY common. The UMP is also common, but the TAR is not so much (But it is getting a boost in popularity. I ain't saying that it's bad, just worse than the SCAR)

Also, you never said this

I posted it a while back, let me see if I can dig it up. I *think* the order was...
1. UMP
2. FAMAS
3. TAR
4. M16
5. ACR

or something along those lines.

Again, what gametype is this geared towards?
Ok, now I'm tired, can we agree that both the SCAR and TAR are good guns and move on?

Fletch

Smash Master
F2000 if it was 40-30 > all

not really, I just really like the F2k
I still don't think it'd be as good as the TAR, but **** would it be fun to use.

Ack, I am sick of everyone just jumping to conclusions on this one. Yes, The Barrett is the best sniper rifle, IF you compare all the sniper rifle's together. In that case, the Intervention is at a loss due to it's RoF, and the other two are just plain weak. Alone, on the other hand, one can't draw the same conclusions. It is clear that The Intervention excels (better than the Barrett as well) at Long range sit down and actual sniping, since it doesn't magically eat through ammo and Rof isn't an issue (If you try to claim that it is, in what world exactly? And don't bull **** me with the "take out two guys sitting next to each other". The Barrett takes as long to fire & readjust sights as the Intervention [Thanks to disorientating recoil and that it actually takes time to readjust sights {or sheer luck}])
Conversely, at closer ranges, the Barrett excels, since the closer a person is to an opponent, RoF becomes more important.
What the hell at the bolded part? This is the main reason the Intervention is worse than the Barrett, its clip size is horrible. Maybe if you blindly spam bullets with the Barrett, but you can keep the same RoF with the Barrett and have more ammo left than the Intervention...

Also, the recoil on the Barrett is SET, which makes it wayyyyy better at killing multiple targets. You can actually kill a second target in the recoil of the Barrett (which I have done a decent amount now), whereas the random recoil of the Intervention totally shafts your second shot, not to mention the bolt-action also destroys a fast second shot. The Barrett in every way outclasses the Intervention, even Intervention users will admit this. Ask :mad:

Wait, what? The AK-47 has vertical recoil and the TAR has erratic recoil. You said the inverse. I am right.
Cyan corrected this. But the AK is far from useless.
Come to think of it, I barely even know
Look at the recoil pictures in the OP.

What gametype do you typically play? I typically play ground war (I get bored with less people rather fast), and in those the SCAR, M16, and ACR are REALLY common. The UMP is also common, but the TAR is not so much (But it is getting a boost in popularity. I ain't saying that it's bad, just worse than the SCAR)
I play everything, but Ground War isn't exactly the best indicator of what good guns are, since a lot of the worse players play there just for fun. I play Ground War a decent amount, then SnD, Domination, and Demolition quite a bit.

Again, what gametype is this geared towards?
Domination, I edited it in the actual order if you want to take a look at my post from earlier again.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Barret vs Intervention: You're right

AK-47 Recoil: ... I gotta test this

Gametype & Ranking: True, but then again, I see more SCARs and less TARs. Maybe we just bump into different types of people more often.

And the more close quarters nature of Domination explains why the TAR does so well.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I think the .50 cal vs intervention argument is a complete joke. The .50 cal has less idle sway and has a large clip, is semi automatic, and has the exact same damage. There's nothing better about the intervention, it's all in your head if you think it's stronger/more accurate. Also, hit markers happen with both of them, neither gets more than the other, even if it may seem so.

Fletch

Smash Master
Barret vs Intervention: You're right

AK-47 Recoil: ... I gotta test this

Gametype & Ranking: True, but then again, I see more SCARs and less TARs. Maybe we just bump into different types of people more often.

And the more close quarters nature of Domination explains why the TAR does so well.
I play PS3 if it matters, you're probably 360. And domination is not exactly CQC dominated.

I think the .50 cal vs intervention argument is a complete joke. The .50 cal has less idle sway and has a large clip, is semi automatic, and has the exact same damage. There's nothing better about the intervention, it's all in your head if you think it's stronger/more accurate. Also, hit markers happen with both of them, neither gets more than the other, even if it may seem so.
I don't think anyone honestly thinks it is better in any way. Some people just prefer the "feel" or they feel super pro while using the Intervention.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I don't think anyone honestly thinks it is better in any way. Some people just prefer the "feel" or they feel super pro while using the Intervention.

This. I wonder how they feel when I kill them and their entire team with a single clip without reloading after 5 lousy shots.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I agree soooo much. Getting shot in the face by Akimbo Rangers after seeing a ghillie-suit is so rage inducing. When a sniper has them you just think "Wow they really didn't deserve that kill."

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
It makes Sub Base freaking unplayable.

"Okay, I'll just maneuver around the buildings and sneak up on th- *SPAS'd.*"

"Alright, I'll stay outside and pick them off wi- *M21 spammed*"

"****, then I'll just use my Spas! Got on- *SPAS'd by some other guy in the same ****ing building."

kr3wman

Smash Master
sub base is unplayable in every way anyway.

right now im using the m10 just cause it looks slick and doubleshotting is pretty cool, even at like 5m away, boom boom!

or just triple shot for the hell of it.

boom boom boom!

S

smash brawl player 99021

It makes Sub Base freaking unplayable.

"Okay, I'll just maneuver around the buildings and sneak up on th- *SPAS'd.*"

"Alright, I'll stay outside and pick them off wi- *M21 spammed*"

"****, then I'll just use my Spas! Got on- *SPAS'd by some other guy in the same ****ing building."
Sometimes you're either spawn trapped at C Flag, getting killed by campers in the upper rooms, or being killed tht long stretch towards A Flag in Domination.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
i dont dislike sub base (that sniper that makes your life miserable, camping near the A flag? that's me :p) but they really need to relocate the B flag on that map. walking anywhere near it is suicide already, but in Dom, it's just complete overkill. Not to mention, it's so hard to cap that half the game is getting spawn-trapped, and the other half is getting spawn-trapped with no hope of escape.

Fletch

Smash Master
sub base is unplayable in every way anyway.

right now im using the m10 just cause it looks slick and doubleshotting is pretty cool, even at like 5m away, boom boom!

or just triple shot for the hell of it.

boom boom boom!
Either go MLC or camp the room above the generator room with Tubes and Claymores. I love me some sub base.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I got a 5 in 1 noob tube shot on Wasteland domination today.Straight off the initial spawn.Easiest predator>harrier>chopper of my life.

I was 23-0 in less than 2 mins.

Then went 30-0 (beasting with the FAMAS red dot) and got booted from the game.

GET AT ME!

Fletch

Smash Master
I got a 5 in 1 noob tube shot on Wasteland domination today.Straight off the initial spawn.Easiest predator>harrier>chopper of my life.
I've gotten better at this on Afghan, and will almost always get 3 kills on the spawn, and I have also gotten a couple 5 kill tubes. Still can't get it on most of the other maps.

Matt07

Smash Master
It IS that bad lol. The Title/Emblem was worth it though :p. I just did a lot of Free For All's at the end, and if no one was setting up Claymores, I left and joined a new match. Crash/Overswarm (?) was probably the best maps for Claymores.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Yaaay, got my Turtle Beach PX21. Can't play with it though, got a lot of hw to do.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I've gotten better at this on Afghan, and will almost always get 3 kills on the spawn, and I have also gotten a couple 5 kill tubes. Still can't get it on most of the other maps.
I really only play domination and search, some TDM, but I know tons of noob tube spots for domination flags and spawn tubes and such. All the spots I know except for a couple all have really good bench marks you can use to guarantee that you get the kills. If you have danger close pro on this makes for ridiculously easy chopper gunners, and if you like pissing people off and not letting them cap their respective flag, then have at it. If anyone wants to see some easy spots hit me up. Lots of maps don't have any good spots, but then there are maps like rundown where you can get people off the spawn no matter what. I get flamed so much for this.

Fletch

Smash Master
I really only play domination and search, some TDM, but I know tons of noob tube spots for domination flags and spawn tubes and such. All the spots I know except for a couple all have really good bench marks you can use to guarantee that you get the kills. If you have danger close pro on this makes for ridiculously easy chopper gunners, and if you like pissing people off and not letting them cap their respective flag, then have at it. If anyone wants to see some easy spots hit me up. Lots of maps don't have any good spots, but then there are maps like rundown where you can get people off the spawn no matter what. I get flamed so much for this.
I've seen those youtube videos where they literally take a OMA/DC class and aim at one spot, I'm not looking to play like that. If I can fire one shot immediately off the spawn though where I can get them, I will do that... I don't like going to those camping spots to hit them.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Depending on where you spawn on A side in karachi you can just immediately fire one up and get them, same thing with invasion, but other than that there's a spot you have to run to in most cases. Usually people will just overall stop going to the flag after one or two kills though.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I just used the Barrett for the 1st time today.

I went 28-3 with it on rundown.

I think it's waaaaaay better than the Intervention.Much easier to use.I was beasting with it.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'm gonna do this without quoting, because I'm lazy. You should be able to get my points though.

1. Listen to Fletch, he be the shiznit, biotchez.

2. Listen to Fletch, he be the shiznit, biotchez.

3. Charizard, The only reason people use the SCAR more than the TAR is because they suck.

4. Icy, stop spamming.

5. Three nukes and counting today. Just saying. (Main point behind this post :))

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I recently prestiged and I'm using the SCAR a lot more this round. However, I've come to the conclusion that once I get the TAR, I'm losing it right away. The SCAR is a great gun and all but the TAR just "works" for me. The larger clip probably has a lot to do with it.

Anyway, since last prestige all I did was use 3 guns, I recently picked up the RPD and its absolutely amazing. Maybe I'll get a nuke this prestige since I won't be trying to get it 4 levels away from my prestige point.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I gotta say, and this is just personal preference, but I like the Intervention more. It just seems... I don't know how to describe it, but it seems easier to snipe with. I like the .50 Cal and all, but I feel more comfortable with the Intervention :/

Top Bottom