• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
All these SCAR better than TAR talk better be a joke. That is in no way true.

The SCAR is COMPLETELY dependent on Extended Mags to hold its own.

Fletch

Smash Master
I feel that Fletch and I are the only sane people in this thread.
Let them use their inferior guns, we'll keep beasting with the real weapons.

Sorry I didn't get on to play tonight, trying to catch up with Lost.

Even with ext. mags, it still has a much slower TTK than the FAMAS and the TAR, and you miss out on another more useful attachment.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Scar isn't completely dependant on ext mags.
Oh, and I got scammed today FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Yes... it is.

Leafy, let's play on 360.

Add my GT:

xSerinx

Actually, all of you need to add my GT.

We all need to play together at one point or another.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Anything the SCAR can do the TAR can do better.
Except get fully camouflaged and look sexy. And have godlike Irons. And have amazingly low recoil. And be amazingly accurate.

Scar isn't completely dependant on ext mags.
Oh, and I got scammed today FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Fail.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
I feel that Fletch and I are the only sane people in this thread.

Icy, don't join my lobby if you're not going to talk to me.
hey, i'm sane

wow Icy, you join Leafy's lobby but whenever I see you online and I invite you, you never join my games? you btard

LOOOOOL

And to Delta, TAR is just as accurate, many consider TAR's iron sights to be quite good and once you get used to the recoil...TAR is far greater than SCAR

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
And to Delta, TAR is just as accurate, many consider TAR's iron sights to be quite good and once you get used to the recoil...TAR is far greater than SCAR
Tar has recoil, making it less accurate.

Tar's irons have that ugly ring on them and are in a W shape. It also has uglier camo patterns.

Scar is better. It does the same damage but more accurately. And in a much sexier manner. I know I'd rather be looking at an amazing gun that does amazingly than an ugly gun that performs alright.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I agree with delta, I've always preferred the Scar due to being more accurate. The Tar also has horizontal recoil, which can be very inconvenient, especially when you are trying to shoot at someone at long range(which would be much easier to do with the Scar due to its accuracy).

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Don't forget that the Scar has superior irons for long range. Just that perfect, precise needle. The screen is so clear while using it. Putting a RDS or Holo on the Scar should be a crime.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think we can just agree that the 20 is the only thing that holds the SCAR back.

Fletch

Smash Master
Tar has recoil, making it less accurate.

Tar's irons have that ugly ring on them and are in a W shape. It also has uglier camo patterns.

Scar is better. It does the same damage but more accurately. And in a much sexier manner. I know I'd rather be looking at an amazing gun that does amazingly than an ugly gun that performs alright.
I agree with delta, I've always preferred the Scar due to being more accurate. The Tar also has horizontal recoil, which can be very inconvenient, especially when you are trying to shoot at someone at long range(which would be much easier to do with the Scar due to its accuracy).
Every (non-launcher) gun in the game is 100% accurate. I really needed to clear that up, but if I need to go into why the TAR is a better gun than the SCAR again I will.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Honestly, the only negative about TAR is the slight horizontal recoil. However, the higher ROF and clip size definitely makes up for it and makes it overall a better gun.

The iron sights are great too, idk what you guys are on

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Yeah I know that SCAR has better iron sights, but some people say that TAR's irons are BAD. which they are def not

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
The Tar's sights are way out of their league when compared to the Scar. They're thick and block most of the screen with the horrible ring. The Scar's are WAY better, not just slightly.

Fletch, all guns are 100% accurate when ADS, but the recoil makes them inaccurate. Say the F2000. Massive recoil, makes it inaccurate. The more you have to burst fire, the worse the accuracy. The Scar is completely capable of maintaining full fire while managing recoil. Tar's horizontal recoil is horrible.

Scar is better and more reliable.

Fletch

Smash Master
The Tar's sights are way out of their league when compared to the Scar. They're thick and block most of the screen with the horrible ring. The Scar's are WAY better, not just slightly.

Fletch, all guns are 100% accurate when ADS, but the recoil makes them inaccurate. Say the F2000. Massive recoil, makes it inaccurate. The more you have to burst fire, the worse the accuracy. The Scar is completely capable of maintaining full fire while managing recoil. Tar's horizontal recoil is horrible.

Scar is better and more reliable.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accuracy_and_precision

Every gun in the game is 100% accurate, I'm saying you guys are all using the word incorrectly. The TAR may have worse recoil, but it is just as accurate as every other gun in the game while ADS.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
If I were to put out a target and fire the Tar at it, it would not be 100% accurate unless I shot one bullet at a time. Neither would any gun, really. However, the Tar's recoil would carry it far off to the side while the Scar's would be much more precise.

Scar requires less effort.

Fletch

Smash Master
If I were to put out a target and fire the Tar at it, it would not be 100% accurate unless I shot one bullet at a time. Neither would any gun, really. However, the Tar's recoil would carry it far off to the side while the Scar's would be much more precise.

Scar requires less effort.
Every bullet fired while ADS will go EXACTLY where it is pointed. The recoil may make the shots go off to the side or up, but every gun places every single bullet exactly where the gun is pointed while ADS, and hence every gun is 100% accurate. I know what you're saying, but you're using the wrong words.

And the SCAR requiring less effort does not make it a better gun at all.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
It actually does, to some degree.

It's impossible to be 100% consistent with all your shots. You cannot always perfectly manage your recoil. There will be that moment where your hands are tired and you slip up, causing your death. It could be the worst time for your death as well. Possibly during a 1v1, 3-3 moment in Search. Who knows? The easier the gun is to use, the better it is.

Analogy time! People say Fox is the on paper best character in Melee. However, he requires so much effort and tech skill it's impossible to maintain that best output for long. That's why, recently, Jigglypuff has been performing better. Jiggs is less demanding and thus easier to be consistent with, allowing Jiggs to win more tournaments.

So maybe not statistically, but in field practice, the Scar is better.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Analogy time! People say Fox is the on paper best character in Melee. However, he requires so much effort and tech skill it's impossible to maintain that best output for long. That's why, recently, Jigglypuff has been performing better. Jiggs is less demanding and thus easier to be consistent with, allowing Jiggs to win more tournaments.
Except competitively, more people use TAR.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
The TAR and the SCAR are so much alike. Even though the scar has a small clip, I still don't think that means much. I choose the right time to reload or pull out my secondary, and that seems to eliminate the need for the TAR's large clip. The TAR is the same damage wise but with more recoil due to the fast fire rate, which makes it considerably bad at long range compared to the scar. The scar has almost no recoil at all and you can easily just hold down the trigger and get easy kills instead of burst firing like you would have to in most cases with the TAR. In my opinion, the TAR is better at close range, SCAR long range. Famas is better than both anyways. ;P

Top Bottom