• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Ah, but I didn't say fastest killing full-auto, I said the best.

But I do agree the L86 is the fastest killing full-auto. So strong, shoots so fast, but has a ****load of recoil... Unfortunately.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
yea, i agree with RPD. Its got really good accuracy and less recoil than the aug. also, its got longer mags.

Fletch

Smash Master
I really think the RPD is the better gun, but it's a pretty close call. AUG has much better switch times, but I don't really think that is that important. Obviously RPD has the larger clip, but the **** reload is almost 3 times as long as the AUG, but it is still preferable to have that clip versus the rather paltry 42 clip size. Ext. mags is also much better on the RPD for this reason, but I'm not a big fan of using them given that you need the grip. Their TTK is exactly the same, so that's not important, and thus it comes down to the recoil. AUG has a bit more horizontal recoil but the RPD has crazy vertical recoil. I really think both of them need the grip, and when they both have them, the recoil becomes manageable enough to where it doesn't really matter, as these guns are killing in two shots with SP anyways. As such, it kind of comes down to the irons, and the RPDs are probably slightly better, although the AUGs are good too. Overall, I think I'd give it to the RPD just because of clip size, but I prefer the AUG just for the faster switch times.

yea, i agree with RPD. Its got really good accuracy and less recoil than the aug. also, its got longer mags.
The RPD has more recoil than the AUG.

http://forums.modernwarfare247.com/index.php?/topic/9360-recoil-test-on-allmost-guns/

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Vertical recoil > horizontal. A person's body is vertical. Therefore if you aim in the center, more than likely you'll hit twice with vertical recoil. With horizontal recoil, its just gay, you cant really get hits if mess up.

Fletch

Smash Master
Vertical recoil > horizontal. A person's body is vertical. Therefore if you aim in the center, more than likely you'll hit twice with vertical recoil. With horizontal recoil, its just gay, you cant really get hits if mess up.
The RPDs vertical recoil is enough that it isn't going to keep all your shots hitting someone. I agree its better to have vertical recoil than horizontal, but not in the extreme way that the RPD has it. The AUGs horizontal recoil also isn't all that awful.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
yea, i guess it all ends up being to preference. I've always prefered RPD's recoil than AUGs and seem to do better with it.

btw, has anyone used the One Many Army with claymores and C4s. And put C4s near a claymore to make a chain reaction for more damage? Is it better to put the Claymore in front of the C4 or behind it. People say in front. But i don't see the logic.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If someone trips a claymore, it blows up the C4 increasing the blast radius. People will purposely trip a claymore not expecting the C4.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
well, what if there's a rusher. They just run past the C4 and the Claymore not getting hit =\ .

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Ah, but I didn't say fastest killing full-auto, I said the best.

But I do agree the L86 is the fastest killing full-auto. So strong, shoots so fast, but has a ****load of recoil... Unfortunately.
iirc, the L86 is tied for damage output with the TAR at close range. Anything beyond medium or long range, the L86 does have the highest damage output there is.

Fletch

Smash Master
iirc, the L86 is tied for damage output with the TAR at close range. Anything beyond medium or long range, the L86 does have the highest damage output there is.
Correct, and unsilenced, the TAR can actually match the L86 at medium range. Silence the TAR though and it loses this ability outside anything but very close range.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Stop talking about LMG's. They r not that good anyway lol. And I dont use them.

To quote ELPRESADOR: "I don't use them. If I don't use them, you guys shouldn't be using them."

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
The L86 is the fastest killing full auto because it''s a 2 shot kill at ANY range unsilenced (3 without stopping power), and it shoots faster than any other gun with that damage output. It's far from the best though.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
We've already done this.

1. They kill at the same range, in the same amount of bullets.
2. The SCAR has amazing irons, probably the best in the game, but the TAR also has pretty good iron sights as well.
3. The SCAR does have less recoil, but the TAR's recoil is far from unmanageable.
4. But even with worse irons, and more recoil, the TAR is still better.
This is because the TAR:
a) Has more bullets per magazine (30, compared to the SCAR's 20)
b) Has a higher rate of fire.

These two guns are really similar, but those two reasons are enough to put the TAR-21 over the SCAR-H.

They're pretty close, but the TAR is the superior gun. Both are completely viable weapons, but you'll be reloading with the SCAR much more.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Spas. I don't care if the M10 has the same range and it's semi-auto. The spas is just amazing with the grip, and I hate the irons on the M10. They bug me.

Could any1 list the shotguns from Greatest to Least range?

Does it go
Spas, M10, models, rangers, striker?

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Spas. I don't care if the M10 has the same range and it's semi-auto. The spas is just amazing with the grip, and I hate the irons on the M10. They bug me.
You don't need the Grip on a SPAS - it's pump action, so having less recoil is kind of pointless.

And you shouldn't be aiming down the sights on shotguns either except at very close range, since that only increases the spread of the shot more.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
You don't need the Grip on a SPAS - it's pump action, so having less recoil is kind of pointless.

And you shouldn't be aiming down the sights on shotguns either except at very close range, since that only increases the spread of the shot more.
I usually always aim down the sights on shotguns. And I don't know if it's just me, but the grip seems like it adds range. The only time I don't look down the sights is if I'm camping by a doorway.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I usually always aim down the sights on shotguns. And I don't know if it's just me, but the grip seems like it adds range. The only time I don't look down the sights is if I'm camping by a doorway.
It's just you.

AA-12 with Extended Mags is actually the best shotgun in the game.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Why doesnt any1 use the Striker?

EDIT: And why can't spas be akimbo? After shooting you could throw them up in the air, catch them, and pump them, and throw them up in the air again, and catch them, and then shoot. BEAST.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Why doesnt any1 use the Striker?

EDIT: And why can't spas be akimbo? After shooting you could throw them up in the air, catch them, and pump them, and throw them up in the air again, and catch them, and then shoot. BEAST.
Akimbo AA-12s. :bee:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Like you said, they're pump action and you would need to be a Machamp in order to use them.

The Striker sucks. No joke. Use it as a primary and you'll see what I mean.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't care much for how fast someone can shoot, at the end of the day it just produces more hitmarkers than a silenced M21 in core.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Umm...

It's not about strength, it's about having four arms.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No, read my post. You shoot, throw the spas(s) up, catch and pump with each hand, throw them back up, batch and shoot again.
Capture footage of this being done in a real life setting and I'll believe it.

That just seems extremely unreasonable.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
LOL I never said it was "reasonable" but I can imagine you could pump the shotgun if you catch it on the pump.

Nah man, it's all about Scavenger Pro with the Scar/

Top Bottom