• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

S

smash brawl player 99021

aww ****

i guess i'll take up the lead then

so who do we have now for our lil ps3 party

MK26 :: NestiXXVI (Maybe Certainly)
Cyan_ :: TdotThai
xLeafybug =D :: Niightshade- (Maybe)
Icydeath :: MrXBrightside (Maybe)

I'm doin this now because i doubt i'll have a chance for tomorrow
I doubt I'll be on at 1, but I should be on most of tonight.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
I said it before, but the Intervention is used more than any other sniper because everything else is training wheels. Semi-automatics are a lot better and youtubers think it doesn't take a lot of skill to pull off a win with one. People see these amazing players do incredible stuff with it. To name a few, OpTic Gaming, Small Beans, Bobby, Zerkaa, the Exile clan.
Wait, I thought OpTiC Nation was the Sniping clan, and OpTiC Gaming was the competitive one?

@Fletch: I'll be on too. Actually, I'm on right now so when you go online just send me an invite. be sure to have your mic on

Fletch

Smash Master
It's not necessarily like that because the gap between Intervention and Barrett really isn't that big. I know you think it's incredibly bad and I'm not sure why but there's not much I can do about that.
My gripe is that you can do so much more impressive stuff with the Barrett over the Intervention. The other day, I pulled off a double kill using the Barrett and getting another OSK in the recoil. To me, that's way more impressive than just doing the quickscope deal. The Intervention is just slow and limits your options... I watch these videos and they could do so much better with the Barrett.

If there was a Fox and a Fox2 which had double the lag on all his aerials and smashes and couldn't JC his shine, would you find someone being super fast/good with Fox or Fox2 more impressive? Definitely Fox.

EDIT:

I'm on now and sending invites, join and we'll be ready to go in a couple of minutes. Any preference on gametype?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I said it before, but the Intervention is used more than any other sniper because everything else is training wheels. Semi-automatics are a lot better and youtubers think it doesn't take a lot of skill to pull off a win with one. People see these amazing players do incredible stuff with it. To name a few, OpTic Gaming, Small Beans, Bobby, Zerkaa, the Exile clan.

I use the Intervention over the Barrett because something about a bolt action just makes me feel comfortable. In CoD4, the M40A3 was second to none and each sniper had a use. The M21 was the Gamebattles sniper as you could slap on an M16 with Overkill. The rest you can figure out.
I understand why people use it (I personally use it, but not for that reason), but I genuinely hate that mentality. The mentality that says "You have to put a pointless handicap on yourself just to be considered good by others."

Like I said, I use both. But for some reason, I feel that when I'm not host, I do better with the Intervention, and when I'm host, the Barrett. That's just how I feel when I use it.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
5 in 1 spawn tube on Invasion with the last guy in last stand. ;_____;

Would've been 6 for 1 if that didn't exist.

Player-1

Smash Legend
5 in 1 spawn tube on Invasion with the last guy in last stand. ;_____;

Would've been 6 for 1 if that didn't exist.
I love invasion for spawn tubing, there's that one 'sweet spot' spawn that you get on the defending side of invasion where I have always gotten at least 3. My best spawn tube is on that spawn where i got 4 with the first one and 1 with the 2nd one and missed the last one.

btw i'm at my friends, send me invites. =)

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
NOOOOOOO

My brother just went and bought the Stimulus Package without me having a say... a waste of 1200 MS points!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I remember a Search and Destroy match I once played where a guy beside me noob tubed up the hill on Estate, blew up two people with it, and killed the others by blowing up the car he hit.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I don't think I will ever ever ever use a sniper properly in MW2 again.I just hate using them,plus I'm not even good at it.

Plus snipers are like wanted rapists in CoD.They get hunted down.....at least my me anyway.

I pwn teh sniperz.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Could someone give me the "stats" on the M21 EBR?

Ex.: how many shots to kill, how much recoil, where to shoot to kill. rate of fire, etc.
10 shots/clip
Almost 0 recoil
Semi-Automatic, shoots as fast as you can press the trigger
70 Base Power unsilenced, 50 BP silenced
Hit Multipliers:
Head: 1.5x
Neck: 1.5x
Chest: 1.1x
Stomach: 1.0x
Limbs: 1.0x

This means that the M21 is unsilenced, it will kill in one shot anywhere from the chest up WITH stopping power, but will only kill in the head or neck without it.

When Silenced, it will only kill in the head and neck with stopping power, nowhere else. When using it silenced, never use stopping power, there's so many better choices.

All around, the M21 is a horrible sniper, except for hardcore, where it's pretty much the only viable choice.

Hope that helps.

Fletch

Smash Master
10 shots/clip
Almost 0 recoil
Semi-Automatic, shoots as fast as you can press the trigger
70 Base Power unsilenced, 50 BP silenced
Hit Multipliers:
Head: 1.5x
Neck: 1.5x
Chest: 1.1x
Stomach: 1.0x
Limbs: 1.0x

This means that the M21 is unsilenced, it will kill in one shot anywhere from the chest up WITH stopping power, but will only kill in the head or neck without it.

When Silenced, it will only kill in the head and neck with stopping power, nowhere else. When using it silenced, never use stopping power, there's so many better choices.

All around, the M21 is a horrible sniper, except for hardcore, where it's pretty much the only viable choice.

Hope that helps.
Leafy is dead on, but I figured I'd just repeat this as always.

If you're going unsilenced and using SP, use the Barrett.
If you're going silencer + SP or unsilenced and no SP, use the Wazoo.
If you're going silencer and no SP, use the M21, as each kill will require 2 shots anyways, you might as well use the fastest sniper.

M21 is beast in HC, that's about it.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Leafy is dead on, but I figured I'd just repeat this as always.

If you're going unsilenced and using SP, use the Barrett.
If you're going silencer + SP or unsilenced and no SP, use the Wazoo.
If you're going silencer and no SP, use the M21, as each kill will require 2 shots anyways, you might as well use the fastest sniper.

M21 is beast in HC, that's about it.
M21 is my favorite sniper rifle. I play hardcore anyway, so it's not like it matters, but I love me the M21.

Got the maps today. Started playing again with my rangers... it's like I never left.

S

smash brawl player 99021

M21 is my favorite sniper rifle. I play hardcore anyway, so it's not like it matters, but I love me the M21.

Got the maps today. Started playing again with my rangers... it's like I never left.
ODIN is backkkk <3

Darkslash

Smash Master
I assume I missed the PS3 Matchups? Dang.

On the other hand unlocked the Wazoo. It's okay. Not used to it much yet, since I've been using the intervention like mad.

Also, is it a good idea to use SP on the intervention? I'm using Cold Blooded on it at the moment, so any opinion is welcomed.

For me it's a 50/50 thing. Since I always aim for the head and chest area, but then there's always the random shot that hits the torso...

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Always use stopping power on the Intervention or the Barrett. You lose out on easy one-hit kills to the stomach without it. If you don't wanna use Stopping Power, just use the WA2000.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Won't be playing MW2 for a little while soon, letting my friend borrow my copy of MW2 for Halo 3: ODST for the Halo: Reach beta! :)

Darkslash

Smash Master
Always use stopping power on the Intervention or the Barrett. You lose out on easy one-hit kills to the stomach without it. If you don't wanna use Stopping Power, just use the WA2000.
Ahh, I see. I'm trying to emulate Bad company 2 sniping, but it seems that the Real golden rule of sniping applies to Modern Warfare 2. lol

S

smash brawl player 99021

Ahh, I see. I'm trying to emulate Bad company 2 sniping, but it seems that the Real golden rule of sniping applies to Modern Warfare 2. lol
Which do you like better of the two? (BFBC2 & MW2)

Darkslash

Smash Master
Which do you like better of the two? (BFBC2 & MW2)
Well, in avoidance of a flame war, I'm going to say I like both. Really it's hard to choose, but I do seem to like Bad company 2 more than MW2. MW2 has this massive customization and leveling system, while Bad Company 2 has this awesome level design and combat system.

Now that the IW core is working at EA now, I hope for a collaboration between Respawn and DICE. I'm sure what they make together will blow any FPS out of the water.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
The TAR-21 is statistically the best Full-Auto gun in the game, and probably in the top 3 best guns in the game (1. FAMAS 2. TAR-21 3. UMP45, but that's just my opinion.)

Fletch

Smash Master
The TAR-21 is statistically the best Full-Auto gun in the game, and probably in the top 3 best guns in the game (1. FAMAS 2. TAR-21 3. UMP45, but that's just my opinion.)
Stats-only wise, isn't the L86 the fastest killing auto? I agree that those are the top 3 guns in the game though, although it's really hard to order them... I think I'd give it to the UMP for the top spot though.

Top Bottom