• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Cyan_

Smash Lord
No, he means that FMJ for the SPAS doesn't increase bullet penetration at all. It's glitched. Basically FMJ = pointless on SPAS.

Use Extended Mags, if you have it cause there's no other good attachment for it.

Fletch

Smash Master
I'm aware, but the increased bullet penetration for the SPAS does not work with the FMJ attachment. Test it out for yourself, it's glitched on this gun for some reason, kind of like how the silencer doesn't work on the M9 and one of the LMGs that is eluding me right now. You should be using ext. mags on the SPAS anyways.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I believe it's the MG4 that doesn't work with a silencer. It's also funny because the MG4 w/ FMJ says "Explosive Rounds"

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm aware, but the increased bullet penetration for the SPAS does not work with the FMJ attachment. Test it out for yourself, it's glitched on this gun for some reason, kind of like how the silencer doesn't work on the M9 and one of the LMGs that is eluding me right now. You should be using ext. mags on the SPAS anyways.
Just a question, how do you know all of this? Haha.

Thanks for the tip though, Fletch.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I said quite some time ago that Fletch is the MW2 scientist. I watch a few videos online, only reason why I know this stuff.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I wouldn't doubt it, he seems to know the ratios and all as well.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I went on but only :mad: and FA8L were on. I joined Mad's game but he wasn't even playing with FA8L.

I "showed up" but I guess nobody else did... I didn't see Icy. Were u on, Icy?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
$15. 5 maps. $3 per map.

$15 for something new that will last you 1 year+. You spend more for dinner at a restaurant. It's certainly a lot of money for something as simple as maps, but the level of exaggeration is just stupid. $15 is not absurdly unfair.

Fletch

Smash Master
Just a question, how do you know all of this? Haha.

Thanks for the tip though, Fletch.
I've watched a bunch of the mythbusters videos, that's where I pick up most of these random little tidbits, and I've played with most of the guns for long enough to know them. As far as the gun damages and ranges, I just have a thing for numbers and stats... I'm a trader, I can't help it. Being a nerd helps too.

EDIT: I know I said you use should ext. mags with the SPAS, but forgot to explain why. It's particularly good on the SPAS (as well as the AA-12) because it actually doubles the total clip size unlike ext. mags on the other guns outside of the Intervention, Wazoo, and LMGS (barring the AUG). The SPAS doesn't need the grip either, and all the other attachments are pretty much useless on shotguns.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
$15. 5 maps. $3 per map.

$15 for something new that will last you 1 year+. You spend more for dinner at a restaurant. It's certainly a lot of money for something as simple as maps, but the level of exaggeration is just stupid. $15 is not absurdly unfair.
eh. It just seems overpriced tbo. Still gonna get it though

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I actually prefer extended mags because I get a ridiculous amount of hitmarkers and find it better when rushing while on a streak.

It might seem overpriced because you're not used to spending 1/4 of the price you paid for the game on DLC.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I think the new maps are worth it, simply because I don't think you want to be killing people hiding in the plane, in the middle house of derail, or on the roof tops of favela for the next year or so. They're new maps to experience and 15$ really isn't that much to be honest. You paid essentially 60$ for the maps that you play now, why not pay 15$ for a bit more fun?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
The maps seem really bogus. 2 Maps, which i can just play on COD4, shouldn't even be counted. so its essentially 5$ per map if you don't count the old ones. And the newer maps don't seem too fun after watching reviews of them. =\. I dunno though yet, gotta try it out still. I do pick up COD4 randomly when i want to

Chaco

Never Logs In
I freaking despise Storm, I hate the **** map with a passion.
I love Salvage, maybe because I've never done bad on it. It has a certain aspect of a well rounded map: It has a few good sniping spots, including a spawn snipe on the house's roof, narrow passages, open areas, a few well placed bushes, etc.
Bailout is decent. That's all.
I do really love Crash, I'm not gonna lie.
**** Overgrown.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Overgrown is prolly my favorite map on COD4. D=, i got my first chopper and highest kill streak there. lol

Chaco

Never Logs In
Overgrown is prolly my favorite map on COD4. D=, i got my first chopper and highest kill streak there. lol
Well, that's on COD4, I despise it on MW2. Oddly enough: Same map, different game...huge difference.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The maps seem really bogus. 2 Maps, which i can just play on COD4, shouldn't even be counted. so its essentially 5$ per map if you don't count the old ones. And the newer maps don't seem too fun after watching reviews of them. =\. I dunno though yet, gotta try it out still. I do pick up COD4 randomly when i want to
I count the old ones because they're new to MW2. $3 per map. It's not a bargain, but at the same time it isn't overpriced.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I freaking despise Storm, I hate the **** map with a passion.
I love Salvage, maybe because I've never done bad on it. It has a certain aspect of a well rounded map: It has a few good sniping spots, including a spawn snipe on the house's roof, narrow passages, open areas, a few well placed bushes, etc.
Bailout is decent. That's all.
I do really love Crash, I'm not gonna lie.
**** Overgrown.
I couldn't agree more.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I'm starting to love Crash and despise Storm more, and more.

I loved Storm when it first came out, and I hated Crash because, for some reason, I could never do well on that map. But man, Storm is just getting so ********, and I can snipe on Crash. There is so much traffic in the blue room, just pick em off.

And that brings me to another point: man I love the WA2000. Probably my fav sniper right now.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Guys I'm so :mad: I missed last night.

Due to unforeseen ****** sister issues I was unable to get online.She took the wireless adapter so no live was possible.

Please tell me some of you are up for more games tonight.

Fletch

Smash Master
And that brings me to another point: man I love the WA2000. Probably my fav sniper right now.
I would use this gun if it had a bigger clip, to me, it needs ext. mags to be good, and I like using other attachments when I snipe... So I guess I'm stuck with the Barrett.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
... kind of like how the silencer doesn't work on the M9 and one of the LMGs that is eluding me right now.
I believe it's the MG4 that doesn't work with a silencer.
And the M240. Don't forget that. I can testify for it, because about a night ago I managed to hunt down a duo of boosters who thought putting a silencer on his M240 would hide him. :laugh:

It's also funny because the MG4 w/ FMJ says 'Explosive Rounds'.
Indeed. It's no different to normal FMJ, though. A shame.

What's wrong with the clip size of the WA2000?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I think last night went pretty well with the exception that some people didn't show up:

Pikaville (yeah, just read your reply, that sucks)
The Real Gamer
Grunt
CA5H (I invited you to our games, you didn't join...)

And everyone here already knows my opinion on the map pack, no need to repeat myself.

Fletch

Smash Master
And the M240. Don't forget that. I can testify for it, because about a night ago I managed to hunt down a duo of boosters who thought putting a silencer on his M240 would hide him. :laugh:
Yep, doesn't hide the red dot on the radar, but it does lower the muzzle flash quite a bit. Still useless in my opinion.

What's wrong with the clip size of the WA2000?
6 shots on a semi-auto sniper that often requires more than one shot is no good.

Fletch

Smash Master
So far for tomorrow (Saturday) at 1 PM Eastern, we have

Fletch (ClownMafia)
MK26 (NestiXXVI) Maybe
Cyan_ (TdotThai)
xLeafybug =D (Niightshade-) Maybe

Come on, we have to have more than this.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion

Fletch (ClownMafia)
MK26 (NestiXXVI) Maybe
Cyan_ (TdotThai)

i'll be able to do one next week on sat.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Fletch (ClownMafia)
MK26 (NestiXXVI) Maybe
Cyan_ (TdotThai)

Maybe. /chars/

S

smash brawl player 99021

Alright guys, I plan on pulling an all-nighter tonight if anyone wants to join me. I'll get home around 9-ish, so message me on AIM/MSN and let me know. Later bros.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Generally my gamertag is AntrcticWildcat.

but right now it's gold is out so I'm playing on an account I made like a few days ago, which I have hardly anything on! It's tag is RimGoblin (lol urbandictionary random word), and it's KD, as well as my other account's KD is terribad and honestly doesn't reflect my playing. since i've started I've gotten a ton better. Still not as good as everyone here prob. Anyways yeah, I'm actually down to play right now....any wanna?

Top Bottom