• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also fore warning, my NAT is on strict and currently I cannot change it. We have lost the password and I need to contact my ISP to change it. So I might be randomly booted from games or not connect. It's not cool.

kr3wman

Smash Master
What would be a good sniper setup for someone like me who just starting sniping?

I'm not really feeling sniping in this game, maybe I'm missing something, I dont know.

Fletch

Smash Master
What would be a good sniper setup for someone like me who just starting sniping?

I'm not really feeling sniping in this game, maybe I'm missing something, I dont know.
My favorite class from when I was a noob sniper.

Barrett .50 Cal + HBS + Thermal
Akimbo G18s + ext. mags
Bling Pro
SP Pro
Steady Aim Pro
Claymores
Stuns

Bling is probably unnecessary, and you might be better off with Slight of Hand or Scav, but HBS is great for snipers and has saved me many a time whenever I hear it beep, and the thermal just makes sniping so much easier. You'll probably be called a noob for using these attachments, but you'll do well enough with them that you shouldn't really care. I have nuked with this setup many times, only class I've done it with outside of OMA+DC noob tubing.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Barrett .50 Cal HBS
USP. 45 Akimbo
Stuns / Claymore
SoH
Stopping Power
Steady Aim
Painkiller

I personally have never used the HBS, but I recommend it to anyone starting off. Don't rely on it too much though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah Steady Aim Pro definitely adds an advantage to beginning snipers.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Well, when I first started sniping, I used the Intervention.

But this is my setup as of right now:

-WA2000/FMJ
-Akimbo G18s
Slight of Hand Pro
Hardline Pro
Ninja/Commando Pro
-claymores and stuns

I don't use the WA2000 as a spamming sniper. I usually always get one-hit kills with it. Just hit the chest or above and it's a one-hit kill. You don't need stopping power either, unless you're using it silenced, since the damage decreases over range for the silencer.

But if you want to be a real noob, use the M21 EBR and just spam, spam, spam.
and don't forget to camp

Fletch

Smash Master
You don't need stopping power either, unless you're using it silenced, since the damage decreases over range for the silencer.
Silencer brings it to 50 damage at all ranges, it doesn't decrease it over range like the ARs.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Well, when I first started sniping, I used the Intervention.

But this is my setup as of right now:

-WA2000/FMJ
-Akimbo G18s
Slight of Hand Pro
Hardline Pro
Ninja/Commando Pro
-claymores and stuns

I don't use the WA2000 as a spamming sniper. I usually always get one-hit kills with it. Just hit the chest or above and it's a one-hit kill. You don't need stopping power either, unless you're using it silenced, since the damage decreases over range for the silencer.

But if you want to be a real noob, use the M21 EBR and just spam, spam, spam.
and don't forget to camp
Cold-Blooded Pro is 20000000x better, just saying.

And no, snipers don't lose damage over range when silenced. They normally have a BP of 70, but is reduced by 20 (50) when silenced. When silenced, no sniper will kill in one hit without stopping power at any range.

Fletch ninja'd me. -_-'

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Cold-Blooded Pro is 20000000x better, just saying.

And no, snipers don't lose damage over range when silenced. They normally have a BP of 70, but is reduced by 20 (50) when silenced. When silenced, no sniper will kill in one hit without stopping power at any range.

Fletch ninja'd me. -_-'
Ya, I've been switching off and on between hardline pro and cold-blodded pro. It's just that hardline makes it so easy to get my predmissle, harriers, then pavelow.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I mean, the guy, Lowie UK, or HavoK Lowie as he is in that vid, is really good.

I don't give a **** anymore about looking "pro" anymore. I used to use the Intervention, but in actuality, other snipers are better.

Fletch

Smash Master
I mean, the guy, Lowie UK, or HavoK Lowie as he is in that vid, is really good.

I don't give a **** anymore about looking "pro" anymore. I used to use the Intervention, but in actuality, it is not near the best sniper.
I'm not saying he's not good, I just don't get the whole INTERVENTION IS 2 PRO ZOMG mentality with all these guys quickscoping on Youtube.

No sniper compares to the Barrett.
If everyone used the Barrett for these videos, it would at least make sense.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I never liked the Barrett...

Ok, I need some answers about quick-scoping since my friend and I have been arguing about it. I think that quick-scoping is spotting and enemy, and sighting up for like a split-second and then shooting, while he says that quick-scoping is when you don't even scope up all the way. He says, instead, you shoot right before you look through the scope, while the sniper is technically in the way and you can't even see your enemy.

NOW WHO IS RIGHT? iamrightya?

Fletch

Smash Master
I never liked the Barrett...

Ok, I need some answers about quick-scoping since my friend and I have been arguing about it. I think that quick-scoping is spotting and enemy, and sighting up for like a split-second and then shooting, while he says that quick-scoping is when you don't even scope up all the way. He says, instead, you shoot right before you look through the scope, while the sniper is technically in the way and you can't even see your enemy.

NOW WHO IS RIGHT? iamrightya?
It's either, although the latter is more luck-based. Some people use stickers in the middle of their screen to help out with them. I'm pretty sure you can order them online somewhere too.

EDIT: http://www.tshirtnow.net/collection...usable-scope-decals-for-your-xbox-360-console

Here's an example.

Fletch

Smash Master
No problem, let me know if you like it, I've been meaning to try it myself but I'm not sure if it will help me all that much.

Fletch

Smash Master
Forgot to mention earlier in the sniper rifle suggestions, when you get comfortable with quickscoping, you absolutely want to switch to sleight of hand, and it will allow you to quickscope faster and more accurately.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I said it before, but the Intervention is used more than any other sniper because everything else is training wheels. Semi-automatics are a lot better and youtubers think it doesn't take a lot of skill to pull off a win with one. People see these amazing players do incredible stuff with it. To name a few, OpTic Gaming, Small Beans, Bobby, Zerkaa, the Exile clan.

I use the Intervention over the Barrett because something about a bolt action just makes me feel comfortable. In CoD4, the M40A3 was second to none and each sniper had a use. The M21 was the Gamebattles sniper as you could slap on an M16 with Overkill. The rest you can figure out.

Fletch

Smash Master
I'm going to have to bail on playing today guys, long story but I won't be home til much later, I'll try to reschedule for tomorrow.

I said it before, but the Intervention is used more than any other sniper because everything else is training wheels. Semi-automatics are a lot better and youtubers think it doesn't take a lot of skill to pull off a win with one. People see these amazing players do incredible stuff with it. To name a few, OpTic Gaming, Small Beans, Bobby, Zerkaa, the Exile clan.
I know why people do it, but it's such a scrub attitude. It would be like people using Pichu in Melee and claiming they're awesome for doing a couple of cool tricks or taking some stocks... you'll still be better off using Fox.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's not necessarily like that because the gap between Intervention and Barrett really isn't that big. I know you think it's incredibly bad and I'm not sure why but there's not much I can do about that.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
aww ****

i guess i'll take up the lead then

so who do we have now for our lil ps3 party

MK26 :: NestiXXVI (Maybe Certainly)
Cyan_ :: TdotThai
xLeafybug =D :: Niightshade- (Maybe)
Icydeath :: MrXBrightside (Maybe)

I'm doin this now because i doubt i'll have a chance for tomorrow

Top Bottom