• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

S

smash brawl player 99021

I don't understand why no one likes the F2000. When I tried it, I loved it. The only thing I didn't really like about it was the amount of ammo.

Since it had such a high rate of fire, ammo went quickly. But besides that, I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Like Running Riot said, I'm attracted to guns that have a high RoF just because my brain thinks high RoF = more damage/sec = faster kills.
I like it, you just have to burst-fire with it.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
F2000 would probably be my 2nd favorite auto AR, after Tar, IF it was 40-30.

Darkslash

Smash Master
So I'm borrowing this game off a friend due to the fact he wanted to borrow Battlefield.....lol.

I'm a pretty decent player, still learning to quick scope. I love the Vector or what ever it's called. Once I get the TAR I'll be going down town.

S

smash brawl player 99021

lol, Icy WOULD like the F2000.
I just like doing well with guns that aren't good (or AS good). Like the Carbine, F2000, etc.
So I'm borrowing this game off a friend due to the fact he wanted to borrow Battlefield.....lol.

I'm a pretty decent player, still learning to quick scope. I love the Vector or what ever it's called. Once I get the TAR I'll be going down town.
You won't wanna play BfBC2 after playing MW2.

Cyan_

Smash Lord

Wth, since when did newbies pick up the game and try learning quick scoping?

:confused:

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Ok, i just made up some new classes and i want peoples' opinions (these are for core gametypes btw, and explanations are inside as well; all perks are pro except SitRep, which is making me very :mad:)

[collapse="classes :p"]FAMAS w/ shotgun
OMA Pack

Semtex C4
Stun grenades

One Man Army
Stopping Power
SitRep Ninja

TAR-21 w/ grenade launcher
OMA Pack

C4 Semtex
Stun grenades

One Man Army
Danger Close
Ninja SitRep

Barrett Wa2000 w/ thermal scope
OMA Pack

Claymores
Smoke grenades

One Man Army
Cold Blooded
Steady Aim

I want to consider the three above a cohesive unit...if i decide to camp it out somewhere, i'll set up a claymore/c4 combo and run from there. I plan for the TAR to be my more offensive-oriented class. I'm questioning whether I should put the semtex on the first or second class...on one hand, i want to use semtexes offensively, but on the other hand, I don't want to have to switch off the C4 class to get the extra explosive power from DC. Also, I'm unsure about SitRep/Ninja for the first two classes, and SitRep/Ninja/Steady Aim for the third...I'm just a fan of Barrett shotgunning, I suppose. On that note, I probably should switch off the Barrett for the WA2k, but it's my pride and joy (Red Tiger camo and moving on up :D). Also, should I stick a flash grenade somewhere in the first two classes or leave them both as stuns?

UMP45 w/ silencer
Magnum w/ tactical knife

Semtex
Stun grenades

Marathon
Lightweight
Commando

Generic running/knifing class. Not much to see here. Ninja over Commando?

AUG HBAR w/ grip
AT4HS

Semtex
Stun grenades

Scavenger
Stopping Power Cold Blooded
SitRep

Now this one I'm unsure about the most. It's more of an afterthought than anything, and I'm open to lots of change here. I do want to keep the AT4 for super noob toobing shenanigans (RPG doesn't like flying in straight lines lol) and possibly anti-air stuff, but am unsure about the primary weapon (i like the HBAR, but dunno if it'd fit here) and the secondary perk (on second thought, both CB and DC seem like better choices than SP). I'm not even sure what role this class would play in a game, besides just for screwing around...but does there have to be a better reason than that? :p[/collapse]

EDIT: changes

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
MK, the OMA pack looks interesting. The one thing I noticed though, is that you're restricted to a Sniper class assuming you need to deal with air support. You should definitely add a stealth class into the mix, like a silenced UMP with Cold Blooded and Ninja, so you can remain effective even if the enemy has put a Harrier or something into the sky. If you only have 5 classes, and the AUG class was an afterthought, I'd recommend adding that to the OMA pack as the stealth class.

S

smash brawl player 99021

lol, I just found it interesting thats all. I leave my long distance fingers at the door when playing MW2.

Also any tips on the Pit? Fastest I did was 29.65 seconds. Pretty **** slow, I know.
My fastest was 22.5

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I would love the TAR even more, but I just HATE its recoil. I tried burst firing for longer ranges but I couldn't even kill a guy on the other side of the plane on Crash. And I was standing in the building and he's standing in the other building behind the shelves.

MK26

Smash Master
Thanks for the input Delta, I didn't think about enemy air support...but just putting CB on the AUG class seems like it'd work nicely. I don't want to limit myself to not having a launcher, so I don't want to replace the AUG class with a silenced UMP...i might replace the UMP class with it tho

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Thanks for the input Delta, I didn't think about enemy air support...but just putting CB on the AUG class seems like it'd work nicely. I don't want to limit myself to not having a launcher, so I don't want to replace the AUG class with a silenced UMP...i might replace the UMP class with it tho
If anything, prestige once so you can add a stealth class into the mix.

MK26

Smash Master
If anything, prestige once so you can add a stealth class into the mix.
haha, yep, that was the plan. Getting all the way back to where I'm at now will be a pain, though...:urg:

but as for now, i think i'll just use the stealth ump and drop the running/knifing class...which leaves me at:

[collapse="classes part trois"]FAMAS w/ shotgun
OMA Pack

C4
Stun Grenades

One Man Army
Stopping Power
Ninja

OMA Pack

Semtex
Stun Grenades

One Man Army
Danger Close
SitRep

WA2000 w/ thermal scope
OMA Pack

Claymores
Smoke Grenades

One Man Army
Cold-Blooded
Steady Aim

UMP45 w/ silencer
OMA Pack

Semtex
Stun Grenades

One Man Army
Cold-Blooded
Ninja

AUG HBAR w/ grip
AT4HS

Blast Shield
Stun Grenades

Scavenger
Cold-Blooded
SitRep

[/collapse]Note swapping out Semtex for Blast Shield on the last class to solidify the "anti-airness" of the class (Maybe I should add smokes there too?), as well as the complete reworking of class 4. The last thing I'm wondering about now is whether I have too much CB and too little...other Tier 2 perks. Other than that, I think this looks good.

Delta doesn't have to be the only one to respond, ya know. ;)

EDIT:
[collapse=Final classes]FAMAS is a BURST gun
FAMAS w/ shotgun
OMA Pack

C4
Stun Grenades

One Man Army
Stopping Power
Ninja

DC AFTER explosives
OMA Pack

Semtex
Stun Grenades

One Man Army
Danger Close
SitRep

Get Claymores here!
WA2000 w/ thermal scope
OMA Pack

Claymores
Smoke Grenades

One Man Army
Cold-Blooded
Steady Aim

This class is slow.
L86 (or RPD) w/ grip
OMA Pack

Semtex
Stun Grenades

One Man Army
Stopping Power
SitRep

BS </3 Blast Shield
UMP45 w/ silencer
AT4HS

Blast Shield
Smoke Grenades

Scavenger
Cold-Blooded
Ninja
[/collapse]

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
FAMAS w/ shotgun
OMA Pack
C4
Stun Grenades
One Man Army
Stopping Power
Ninja

OMA Pack
Semtex
Stun Grenades
One Man Army
Danger Close
SitRep

WA2000 w/ thermal scope
OMA Pack
Claymores
Smoke Grenades
One Man Army
Cold-Blooded
Steady Aim

UMP45 w/ silencer
OMA Pack
Semtex
Stun Grenades
One Man Army
Cold-Blooded
Ninja

AUG HBAR w/ grip
AT4HS
Blast Shield
Stun Grenades
Scavenger
Cold-Blooded
SitRep
All these look good, but if the AUG class is your anti-air class, you should put Stingers on it instead. They're better for taking out air support than an AT4.

Also, don't worry about the Cold Blooded usage, if you don't need SP on a gun, don't use it. I have CB on half my classes, and I've got 9. :laugh:

Someone join me on CoD4! :mad:

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
my favorite youtube personality is tejb.

here's his new montage. i didn't think i'd like a mw2 montage this much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGbxaahj5VY&playnext_from=TL&videos=SWHIk_F-vew

idk if you guys seen it yet cuz i'm too lazy to read the thread, but it's amazing.
Montage was alright, nothing special, however I did like the multi kills and stuff. Seems like people are going for those multi kills in montages ever since SmokyDRFT made his montage. I like watching things from OpTic, just because sniping is so obnoxious in this game and it's nice to see people doing well with a sniper running around instead of camping. SeaNanners is still the best though. He plays MW2 and skateboards, a mix of gamer/God.

MK26

Smash Master
All these look good, but if the AUG class is your anti-air class, you should put Stingers on it instead. They're better for taking out air support than an AT4.

Also, don't worry about the Cold Blooded usage, if you don't need SP on a gun, don't use it. I have CB on half my classes, and I've got 9. :laugh:

Someone join me on CoD4! :mad:
well...it's more like an LMG combined with anti-air combined with noob tubing for lulz...if i were to swtich off the AT4, it'd for the RPG, not the Stinger

Fletch

Smash Master
Use the UMP if you're not going to use SP with the AUG or RPD... The whole point is that it is a two hit kill.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think :mad: is too good.

I beat him on shipment using sniper but he owned me on Mw2. It was like him 20-8
me 8-20 haha.
It was 20-4 on MW2 and 19-20 on CoD4. Two of your kills were from a knife and you had one with the pistol. Good games, man!

S

smash brawl player 99021

I think :mad: is too good.

I beat him on shipment using sniper but he owned me on Mw2. It was like him 20-8
me 8-20 haha.
It was 20-4 on MW2 and 19-20 on CoD4. Two of your kills were from a knife and you had one with the pistol. Good games, man!
Wowzers. Gotta love 'dem bolt-actions. I've gotta be honest, I've been practicing while away. I'll challenge anyone once I return! ANYONE!

Top Bottom