• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

S

smash brawl player 99021

What the **** is this?

You have four perks. In CoD4, Sleight of Hand was a tier two perk, Stopping Power wasn't needed, and Frag x 3 doesn't benefit a shotgun.
For Vacant...

M1014
Deagle

3 Frags
Sonic Boom
Martydom

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
What the hell is with all you M16 addicts :mad:

Also, those of you with Stopping Power on the M60: I don't think the M60 benefits with Stopping Power at all. Use UAV Jammer or something.

F8AL, you only get one stun/Flash IIRC.

I actually played some CoD4 today, it was fun. I love that game.

I almost have every challenge completed, too.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
What the **** is this?

You have four perks. In CoD4, Sleight of Hand was a tier two perk, Stopping Power wasn't needed, and Frag x 3 doesn't benefit a shotgun.
Oh wow, i'm ********, got COD4 and MW2 confused >_<.
well i meant M1014 with sleight of hands, and anything after that. Too beast

S

smash brawl player 99021

It depends. Some say it occurs when you're sniping, and when you scope and the crosshairs show. That's just what I've heard.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I might try and get good with the sniper.

I was using the Intervention on Overgrown,Wasteland and Afghan.

I go positive with it but just barely.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
From my understanding:
Hardscoping - looking through the crosshairs before you see your opponent (ie scoping and waiting)
Quickscoping - zooming in on your opponent and quickly firing without having to move the corsshairs
Dragscoping - zooming in, moving the crosshairs toward your opponent, and firing, and having the crosshairs move the entire time

Then there are people that say that all three of the above count as hardscoping, so w/e

also, question: if you were to put an ACOG scope on a sniper, which sniper would it be? I'm mostly looking at M21 vs. WA2k, but if you'd rather throw it on a Barrett or an Intervention, ok

S

smash brawl player 99021

From my understanding:
Hardscoping - looking through the crosshairs before you see your opponent (ie scoping and waiting)
Quickscoping - zooming in on your opponent and quickly firing without having to move the corsshairs
Dragscoping - zooming in, moving the crosshairs toward your opponent, and firing, and having the crosshairs move the entire time

Then there are people that say that all three of the above count as hardscoping, so w/e

also, question: if you were to put an ACOG scope on a sniper, which sniper would it be? I'm mostly looking at M21 vs. WA2k, but if you'd rather throw it on a Barrett or an Intervention, ok
I used it on the Intervention some. I got a good amount of accidental headshots with the Sway. Up to you, though.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Sniping is Sniping. People are stupid, since Quickscoping has become the "Thing that tryhards do" since SoH Pro made it so much easier. Most of the time, they lack the skill to do other things with their Sniper. Honestly, what's the point of running around with a Sniper when the assault rifles are gonna kill people in 2-4 shots anyways? It annoys me to no en when my team gets smoked in Search because I have to deal with a bunch of ******* who don't know how to play the game type, forcing me to clutch.

I hate the ACOG on the Intervention, but that's just me. It's okay on the Barrett, but other people disagree with my standpoint there.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Sniping is Sniping. People are stupid, since Quickscoping has become the "Thing that tryhards do" since SoH Pro made it so much easier. Most of the time, they lack the skill to do other things with their Sniper. Honestly, what's the point of running around with a Sniper when the assault rifles are gonna kill people in 2-4 shots anyways? It annoys me to no en when my team gets smoked in Search because I have to deal with a bunch of ******* who don't know how to play the game type, forcing me to clutch.

I hate the ACOG on the Intervention, but that's just me. It's okay on the Barrett, but other people disagree with my standpoint there.
Yeah, we really need to stop these Sniper discussions x_x

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
What the hell is with all you M16 addicts :mad:

Also, those of you with Stopping Power on the M60: I don't think the M60 benefits with Stopping Power at all. Use UAV Jammer or something.

F8AL, you only get one stun/Flash IIRC.

I actually played some CoD4 today, it was fun. I love that game.

I almost have every challenge completed, too.
Oops, my bad. Guess MW2 has left that impression on me. :p

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
F8AL's classes are the reason I stopped playing CoD4.

When someone on your team knifes a guy and you think the alley is clear, you run past him and then...

you die because his dead body drops a grenade. Martyrdom is the worst perk ever made. I always stuck with these classes.

AK47, naked.
GDeagle / Stun x 1
Bandolier
Stopping Power
Dead Silence

AK74-u, naked.
GDeagle / Smoke
Bomb Squad
Stopping Power
Extreme Conditioning

MP5 w/ Silencer
M9
Stun x 3
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

M40A3, naked.
GDeagle / Stun x 1
RPG7 x 2
Stopping Power
Deep Impact

P90 w/ Silencer
USP .45 silenced
Bandolier
Sleight of Hand
Dead Silence

The only time I ever used this class was when I was having a bad day. I'd camp in a corner and shoot all over the place because I liked the sound the P90 made.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
But yeah, I agree. The WA2000 kills in one shot anywhere from the chest up without stopping power, meaning you get to use the amazing CB Pro instead. No aim assist when people look at you is pretty cool.

The M21 will only kill in in one shot to the head and neck without stopping power, so in order to get easier one-shots, stopping power is a must, unlike the WA200. One advantage the M21 has over it is the larger clip size. The M21's 10 to the WA2000's 6. They also have similar recoil, but the M21 clearly has less.

It's clear that unsilenced, the WA2000 > M21 EBR

When silenced, it's pretty much the same story, if not a stronger argument for the WA2000. The WA2000 has a 1.5x multiplier to the chest, meaning that with stopping power, the WA2000 will kill in one shot anywhere from the chest up.

The M21 is a horrible sniper when silenced. Even with stopping power, it will only kill in one shot to the head or neck. I guess it's ok without stopping power as a two shot sniper, but it's pretty crappy. Nobody wants a two-hit kill on a sniper.

In all honesty, the WA2000 is undoubtedly the best silenced sniper in the game, because it has significantly less recoil than the .50 Cal or Intervention, but still outputs the same results.
Read this, I posted this a few pages back.

Fletch

Smash Master
Someone already put up this post, but I'll do it again anyways: Which is better, M21 or Wa2000? Discuss.
If you're using SP and no silencer, use the Barrett.

If not using SP and no silencer, or SP and silencer, use the WA2k.

If not using SP and using a silencer, use the M21.

There is never a reason to use the Intervention.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Hey guys, is it true that Stopping Power on UMP does NOTHING to it, and doesn't help it at all?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Hey guys, is it true that Stopping Power on UMP does NOTHING to it, and doesn't help it at all?
bump, if thats true... i've been wasting my perks all this time

tbo, i don't think so, cuz if u get a chest shot or above, it takes 2 hits to kill with stopping power. W/o, i think its like 3 hits. And if u hit aNYWHERE else on the body w/o stopping power, its like 4 hits to get a kill. i think my info is right.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
The UMP45 has a base damage of 35-40, or 49-56 with stopping power.

With stopping power, the UMP will kill in 2 shots, to the head or not at close range, and 3 shots, to the head or not at long range.

Without stopping power, the UMP will kill in 3 shots at any range, regardless of where you hit them.

Stopping power isn't necessary, but it does help in certain situations, due to the UMP's lackluster fire rate. But in all honesty, Cold Blooded or Lightweight are far better choices.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
What if you put a silencer on the UMP, doesn't that affect the shots too? w/o stopping power, its like 4 shots to get a kill i think

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
In one word, no.

With stopping power, a silencer will lower the range that it will kill in two shots.

Without stopping power, the UMP is unaffected by the silencer, as it kills in three shots anyways, at any range.

Fletch

Smash Master
What if you put a silencer on the UMP, doesn't that affect the shots too? w/o stopping power, its like 4 shots to get a kill i think
Silencer doesn't decrease the damage, just the range that top damage is done at. Therefore, the minimum damage the UMP will be doing is 35, which is why it is a great choice for a silencer.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
If you're using SP and no silencer, use the Barrett.

If not using SP and no silencer, or SP and silencer, use the WA2k.

If not using SP and using a silencer, use the M21.

There is never a reason to use the Intervention.

But... the Intervention is my baby. I never liked the Barret...

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Can't argue with Fletch's impeccable logic! :p

Alright, another question which I forgot to ask - if silencers decrease the range of a weapon or decrease the base damage, does using an ACOG sight or thermal sight increase the range and increase the damage on LMGs and snipers? It says so on the stat screen, obviously, but then they put a range stat on LMGs and sniper rifles so it could be wrong...

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
If anybody has any time, could you list the ARs, SMGs, Sniper Rifles, LMGs, Machine Pistols and Pistols from Best to not as best?

Haha, it may be too much to ask but I'm gonna experiment with classes just to see what works and what doesn't.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Silencers DO NOT decrease the base damage OR range of most guns. Silencers lower the base damage on snipers from 70 to 50, and on LMGs they lower the base damage by 10.

On SMGs and ARs, silencers lower damage over range, but not the minimum or maximum damage. This bascially means that when you have a silenced gun, the bullets will reach their lowest damage at shorter ranger than if unsilenced. The only gun that becomes stronger by adding a sight to it is the FAL. It's Holographic Sight adds 5 damage to the gun. ACOG's and Thermals don't add damage to the gun.

IMO, the best ARs go in this order:
1. FAMAS
1. TAR-21
3. M16A4
4. AK-47
5. ACR
6. SCAR-H
7. FAL
7. M4A1

They're all absurdly good anyways.

SMGs:
1. UMP45
2. P90
3. Mini-Uzi
4. MP5K
5. F2000
6. Vector

LMG:
1. RPD
2. AUG HBAR
3-5. Who cares lol

Snipers:
1. Barrett
2. Intervention
3. WA2000
4. M21 EBR

MPs:
1. M93 Raffica
2. Akimbo G18
3. PP2000
4. G18
5. TMP

Handguns:
1. Magnum
2. USP. 45
3. M9
4. Desert Eagle

Shotguns:
1. SPAS-12
2. M1014
3. AA-12
4. Model 1887
5. Striker
6. Ranger
All of the ARs are really good, besides the F2000. Just use what you feel most comfortable with.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If anybody has any time, could you list the ARs, SMGs, Sniper Rifles, LMGs, Machine Pistols and Pistols from Best to not as best?

Haha, it may be too much to ask but I'm gonna experiment with classes just to see what works and what doesn't.
We made a list of this a long time ago, but I'll go ahead and post my opinions.

ARs
M16
FAMAS
TAR-21
AK-47
SCAR
ACR
M4A1
FAL
F2000

SMGs
UMP
Uzi
P90
Vector
MP5k

LMGs
RPD
AUG
MG4
M240
L86

Snipers
Barrett
Intervention
M21
WA2000.

Riot Shields
Riot Shield

Machine Pistols
Raffica
G18
PP2000
TMP

Handguns
Magnum
USP / M9
Deagle

Launchers
Stinger
RPG
Thumper
AT4
Javelin

Shotguns
AA-12
SPAS-12
Model 1887
M1014
Striker
Ranger

S

smash brawl player 99021

UMP -2-hit kill from close range, and a 3-hit kll from long range. I think...

Fletch

Smash Master
Can't argue with Fletch's impeccable logic! :p

Alright, another question which I forgot to ask - if silencers decrease the range of a weapon or decrease the base damage, does using an ACOG sight or thermal sight increase the range and increase the damage on LMGs and snipers? It says so on the stat screen, obviously, but then they put a range stat on LMGs and sniper rifles so it could be wrong...
Everything has unlimited range outside of the shotguns, the scopes just increase the magnification of what you see. They don't increase the damage range at all.

Like as in opinion? There is no real "best" gun in each class, lots of guns excel in different situations... I'll give my top 3 or so in each though in order.

AR: TAR, FAMAS, HoloFAL
SMGS: UMP, MP5k, ... P90 third I guess
Snipers: Barrett, WA2000, M21
LMGs: AUG, RPD, and I don't like any of the other ones to justify them as 3rd, but probably the L86 if I had to choose
MPs: G18s, Rafficas, PP2000s (only considering these as akimbo)
Pistols: Magnums, M9, USPs (don't really like pistols though outside the magnum)

Other people are going to have different opinions, but these all make a pretty solid case for top 3 in each class.

Silencers DO NOT decrease the base damage OR range of most guns. Silencers lower the base damage on snipers from 70 to 50, and on LMGs they lower the base damage by 10.

On SMGs and ARs, silencers lower damage over range, but not the minimum or maximum damage. This bascially means that when you have a silenced gun, the bullets will reach their lowest damage at shorter ranger than if unsilenced. The only gun that becomes stronger by adding a sight to it is the FAL. It's Holographic Sight adds 5 damage to the gun. ACOG's and Thermals don't add damage to the gun.
The HOLO on the FAL only increases the base maximum range damage by 5 points, it does not increase the close range damage.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord

I knew about the damage reduction on the snipers and LMGs, but I guess I kind of worded my explanation of what it does to everything else wrong.

Well, that's just sad. Why must the stat screen lie so much? :cry:

EDIT: I actually find it funny that I like all the guns that you guys seem to hate on. I like the F2K, you lot without fail think it's the worst, I like the L86, most of you detest it...

Fletch

Smash Master
I knew about the damage reduction on the snipers and LMGs, but I guess I kind of worded my explanation of what it does to everything else wrong.

EDIT: I actually find it funny that I like all the guns that you guys seem to hate on. I like the F2K, you lot without fail think it's the worst, I like the L86, most of you detest it...
The F2k is the one gun in its class that I think I could make an argument for being the unanimous worst in its class (well besides the Intervention versus other Snipers).

EDIT: Would anyone use the F2k if it was a 40-30 AR? I think it would probably be my favorite gun, although it probably still wouldn't be as good as the TAR or FAMAS.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master

The stats screen is a blatant lie.

And thats why I say to use what your comfortable with. Who cares what others think. I know people who are significantly better than I am with the FAMAS, but use the M16, because they can't use the FAMAS for crap, even though it's better in every way(don't start an argument here).

Fletch

Smash Master
The stats screen is a blatant lie.

And thats why I say to use what your comfortable with. Who cares what others think. I know people who are significantly better than I am with the FAMAS, but use the M16, because they can't use the FAMAS for crap, even though it's better in every way(don't start an argument here).
Exactly. I think the RPD is better than the AUG for example, but for whatever reason I just seem more comfortable with the AUG. The differences between them are really minuscule, just like the M16 and FAMAS, and you really can't go wrong with either one of these really.

I'm going to be playing in a little bit, I'll invite whoever is on to play.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
The F2k is the one gun in its class that I think I could make an argument for being the unanimous worst in its class (well besides the Intervention versus other Snipers).

EDIT: Would anyone use the F2k if it was a 40-30 AR? I think it would probably be my favorite gun, although it probably still wouldn't be as good as the TAR or FAMAS.
But... why, though? The F2K has the third highest damage output of any AR, behind the AK-47, and it's relatively easy to burst fire so you can get those kills at range.

Y'know, I seem to have a liking for guns that have high RoFs, I've noticed. What do you value more when you look at a gun? Damage? Fire rate? Range? Accuracy?

Fletch

Smash Master
But... why, though? The F2K has the third highest damage output of any AR, behind the AK-47, and it's relatively easy to burst fire so you can get those kills at range.

Y'know, I seem to have a liking for guns that have high RoFs, I've noticed. What do you value more when you look at a gun? Damage? Fire rate? Range? Accuracy?
Damage per second I think is most important factor, but clip size and manageable recoil are also very important. The problem with the F2k is it doesn't really excel anywhere. Ya it's pretty good up close, but you'll still lose out in battles with the TAR, and the TAR is much better at long range.

If you like the F2k so much, do you like the Vector, MP5k, and P90? The F2k really should have just been an SMG...

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Damage per second I think is most important factor, but clip size and manageable recoil are also very important. The problem with the F2k is it doesn't really excel anywhere. Ya it's pretty good up close, but you'll still lose out in battles with the TAR, and the TAR is much better at long range.

If you like the F2k so much, do you like the Vector, MP5k, and P90? The F2k really should have just been an SMG...
I don't really mind them that much. I would prefer the P90 to the other two if given the choice. It has a nice reload animation. XD I'm not much of a competitive person.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I don't understand why no one likes the F2000. When I tried it, I loved it. The only thing I didn't really like about it was the amount of ammo.

Since it had such a high rate of fire, ammo went quickly. But besides that, I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Like Running Riot said, I'm attracted to guns that have a high RoF just because my brain thinks high RoF = more damage/sec = faster kills.

Top Bottom