• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The title update for MW2 is now live and everyone should start receiving it in a few minutes.

Oh, and the stimulus package map pack is now available to purchase for 1200 MSP/$15 on the XBLM.

Whoever buys it here, please post your impressions on the map pack and let us know if it was worth the hefty price.

Trading in Bad Company 2 for a 1,600 Points card. Consider this as a welcome back.

I've been having a great time with C4 lately.
A $60 game for $20 worth of MSP? What a deal!

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
The Shotgun attachment is garbage... or at least it is for me. I can never kill anyone with that piece of ****.
Faster rate of fire than the Spas, longer range, lower switch-to time, surprise value. That's largely why I use it. Only really on the assault rifles that have decent iron sights and good accuracy, though, cus otherwise you're screwed over by anyone with a long-range weapon.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
lol MW2 is killing matchmaking on Xbox LIVE right now. There were reports early this morning on people who downloaded the title update and it ended up screwing up MW2 for them. (i.e. matchmaking and private games weren't working and the map screenshot wasn't loading etc.)

But I'm not surprised because M$'s certification process fails.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
How about I not play Gamebattles and stick with pubs, would that be alright?

Yes, it is broken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQrMUJ4TOVE
In this post: complaints. I offer a solution and you turn it down. A video is provided as evidence, players in said video are unskilled. Not a good measure of OMA's "brokennesnnss".

Everyone and their sister knows that the only reason people abuse OMA is for easy grenade launcher access, which doesn't make it fun.

A person can literally camp in a corner the whole game and spam noob tubes across the map to get easy kills in gametypes such as Domination. How is this fair at all? It's one of those perks that just doesn't make the game fun.. well maybe it is for the OMA abusers, but I'd like to see how much fun YOU are having when you get 20 noob tubes shoved up your *** in a single game.

I'd say OMA is borderline game-breaking, but with a few minor tweaks it can be useable, fair, and fun all at the same time.
LOL

lol MW2 is killing matchmaking on Xbox LIVE right now. There were reports early this morning on people who downloaded the title update and it ended up screwing up MW2 for them. (i.e. matchmaking and private games weren't working and the map screenshot wasn't loading etc.)

But I'm not surprised because M$'s certification process fails.
I ask this as a friend. You only complain about this game and Microsoft in general. Why do you still play and support this company?

Grunt

Smash Master
i tried to do what that guy did in that video.
guess what happened? they captured B, and some guy with blast shield captured C.
huh.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
In this post: complaints. I offer a solution and you turn it down. A video is provided as evidence, players in said video are unskilled. Not a good measure of OMA's "brokennesnnss".
Both of you are missing the point. Having an infinite supply of granade launchers, whether you're spaming noob tubes on a flag or running around using them as your main method of killing, does NOT make the game fun or fair at all. Giving players grenade launchers as a primary weapon thanks to OMA is completely unecessary, unfair, and almost unbeatable (unless you get at a close enough range, snipe them from a very long distance, or use a blast shield).

i tried to do what that guy did in that video.
guess what happened? they captured B, and some guy with blast shield captured C.
huh.
Wait... people actually use blast sheilds in this game?

EDIT: 1,000th post. I know I should feel excited but for some reason I dont. :\

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So . . . Were nootubes flying out of the 3 story building on Crash in MW1?

Why don't I remember, if so?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I got the map packs but I can't play them due to something going on with XBL. As far as I know, there are no new guns, perks, etc. Just the maps which makes me sad face.
Yup, it's only 5 maps. :(

I ask this as a friend. You only complain about this game and Microsoft in general. Why do you still play and support this company?
Yeah, your solution was not good. That's why I turned it down. The video was not provided to prove that the players in said video were unskilled (be that as it may be) but to show that you can basically stay in your spawn in a domination game, go to a certain spot, aim at a certain angle and use OMA perk to have an unlimited supply of ammo and noob tubes to fire up into the air and hit their flags. That's broken. The video still showed that the OMA perk is broken.

Sorry that I complain about legitimate things. I'm not used to failure unlike you when it comes to MW2 and Microsoft. I still play MW2 and support the company because all my friends have it and support it. Good enough for you?

If my friends stopped playing MW2, so would I.

EDIT: So far over 648,000 players have bought the Stimulus package map pack for MW2.

http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo

"Reminder - the new maps and double XP are only in the Stimulus and Stimulus Hardcore playlists. Over 648,000 players currently online. #MW2 about 2 hours ago via web"

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
EDIT: is there an update for mw2 on ps3? or is there a psn update?
and has anyone had issues with them?

the shotgun attachment is a bit underused.
if you're secondary is a stinger and your main is a famas, you might want that close range option. it switches out really fast, has far better range than any other shotgun (and i better rate of fire than most, i think), but it's weak... it's weak... ugh... why does it have to be so weak? would it be broken if it wasn't? maybe...

i vote noobtube doesn't need to be in this game. i don't see why it is.
i'm ok with it but i understand why everyone hates it.
leave all the launchers as secondaries. this would stop/nerf the launcher spam with out nerfing any other use for OMA.

why is the grenade launcher attachment just a better version of the thumper (which actually takes up a weapon slot).............

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
so i'm trying the AK for the first time in this game.
just hit 70 the 2nd time around and didn't try it the first time.

it feels great... ugh...

edit: i didn't wanna like it because i'm just gonna prestige again. lol

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I assumed the Stimulus had new perks and spec ops etc so I almost bought it, luckily I double checked before I did. 1200 MS points for 5 maps? No thank you Infinity Ward.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
on overgrown you can get on top of the shack near A spawn in domination.
Can you still get into the spot near the bridge on the right side of the map? (jumping into it)

The double xp is only on april 2-5 though, right?
Nope, it's double XP now for the 2 DLC playlists. It'll end on Monday.

I'm downloading the map pack right now.

So there are no new perks?
Nope, only 3 new and 2 old maps.

EDIT: is there an update for mw2 on ps3? or is there a psn update?
and has anyone had issues with them?

Nope, only Xbox 360. No, I think they've already fixed it.
I assumed the Stimulus had new perks and spec ops etc so I almost bought it, luckily I double checked before I did. 1200 MS points for 5 maps? No thank you Infinity Ward.
Good job, always check before buying something. And it's 1200 MS points for 3 new maps. The 2 CoD4 maps should be free. And too bad, over 600,000 players have already bought the map pack. :confused:

Fletch

Smash Master
What is the OMA "fix"?

EDIT: I guess they bumped up the time it takes to use OMA on successive uses, with a cap at 6 overall seconds. Weak fix to say the least...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm gonna say it now, Bailout is my favorite map in any Call of Duty game.

This is way too fun. I also got my first ninja defuse in MW2 on Storm today, I now hold it close to my heart.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I need to get it! Argh this weekend probably! Or tomorrow...hmm.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Anyone here played Zombies?

Best. Game. Ever. We should have a huge game on Saturday or something.

Basically you can only use single fires (USP, FAL), snipers or shotguns, along with claymores and smokes only. You set up your base and the Zombies have usually lowered health so it's a one hit kill. Zombies can only knife, so they usually use Marathon Lightweight Commando/Ninja.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Anyone here played Zombies?

Best. Game. Ever. We should have a huge game on Saturday or something.

Basically you can only use single fires (USP, FAL), snipers or shotguns, along with claymores and smokes only. You set up your base and the Zombies have usually lowered health so it's a one hit kill. Zombies can only knife, so they usually use Marathon Lightweight Commando/Ninja.
Doesn't sound fun for the zombies.

In fact, sounds like the zombies get ****** over.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'd rather play dodgeball. Favela, using the football goals. 6v6. Throwing knives. One life.

Grunt

Smash Master
you do you play dodgeball? i guess i mean, what are the football goals?
also, if "zombies" is anything like regular infection games, then it only takes one zombie to get one kill to start an exponential infection rate, so the survivors diminish.
also also, Storm is the greatest map ever.
also also also, no nukes yet, but i put the nuke setup back on and almost got a nuke 4 times on the new maps. i kept getting ****** over by buildings in my chopper.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
What is the OMA "fix"?

EDIT: I guess they bumped up the time it takes to use OMA on successive uses, with a cap at 6 overall seconds. Weak fix to say the least...
will ps3 players be dealing with this 'fix'?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I went 19-10 on skidrow last night. It was my best game in a while; I got a 9 killstreak without using preds/harriers and another 4.

Too bad I didn't unlock Pavelow until the next round. :(

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
it's funny how one match you'll do really bad and the next you'll get first in kills. lol

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
it's funny how one match you'll do really bad and the next you'll get first in kills. lol

Yeah, I'm really inconsistent. I'm getting a little bit better though, lol. Most of the time, the bad matches are where I run around like an idiot (which I do in tf2, etc and do well)

Plus the match after that I wanted to mess around with the riot shield. :p

Edit: a lot of it is also because I'm still not used to a controller and stick, lol. Mouse + keyboard FTW.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i was just playing some tf2.

i suck with mouse and keys (i know it's way better. lol) so i get owned hard most of the time.

i was messing around with spy class though. too fun.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I'm pretty inconsistent tool. Like last night I was playing S&D for like two hours, and one match on Highrise I want 0-4 (with a guy on my team saying, c'mon Avarice help your team and I felt really bad), then the next match on Scrapyard I went 7-0, including a failed ninja defuse (he saw me but I just killed him anyway) and a 1v2 where I killed a guy, planted the bomb, and killed the next guy.

Some maps I'm just really bad at depending on mode. I love Highrise for TDM and Domination, but hate it for S&D. Same with Favela.

I'm switching around my classes a bit. 2 weeks ago I was using AR, last week I was sniping (17-3 and 16-4 best records), this week I'm mainly using a stealth rushing class (got 20-9 on Scrapyard yesterday).

I don't think I'll ever get a nuke though. I've only gotten over a 10 killstreak 3 times. I don't know how people deal with the pressure to get it.

Fletch

Smash Master
I don't think I'll ever get a nuke though. I've only gotten over a 10 killstreak 3 times. I don't know how people deal with the pressure to get it.
Usually it's just a matter of getting a 7 KS to get to the Harriers, then having those get you Chopper Gunner, then it's just a matter of playing a bad enough team to let you get a 25 KS with those killstreaks.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Bailout has one or 2 very good spots to hold out.I'm really liking that map.

I just got the most ludicrous headshot in history cross map through some trees from that building at attacker spawn.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I find a new reason to like this game every week. Now I'm going for ninja defuses, I currently have two in MW2, probably 40 in CoD4.

Seeing the "Sneaky sneaky..." after you defuse can really make you smile.

Top Bottom