• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I am not fond of Knifing, Noobtube, and rockets. Two of those are just compensation for one's lack of confidence in their ability to aim.

That is what I feel. But yesterday it felt like designated noobtube day. Not a single room did I enter that saw very little of the three I mentioned. It's why I run with Silenced Scar, Scavenger, CB, and Ninja (might replace that, actually). At least I can't be seen on UAV making all grenade launchers head in my direction when I kill someone because my shooting revealed my location.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
eh I have

UMP45+Holosight/Silencer (map dependent)
Stinger
Semtex
Stun Grenades (lol)
Marathon/Scavenger
Cold Blooded
Commando/Ninja (depends on map)

Although I usually snipe with
Intervention+FMJ
no clue what secondary to use with this
Claymore
Smoke Grenades
SoH Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim

and I have an awesome KD of like .6. It's going to improve since I've consistently gotten around positive KDs in all matches and especially on Quarry, Sub Base, and Favela, but when I started this game 2 weeks ago I was averaging around 3-10 or 4-12 in each match. Woo.

What secondary should I use for my Intervention, and is Steady Aim really necessary for it or should I use Ninja or the hated Commando?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yo, why are all of you guys like dissing CoD 6 Mw2?
like it's an amazing game . stop talking so much trash about it.
If you actually play it for a while it actually get's pretty dang fun..
You're right, MW2 is a perfect game. There is nothing wrong about it. Every gaming site and magazine should give it a perfect score of 100/100 and name it the "best game of all time".

The cons section in their reviews should be blank because the game is that perfect.

Like i agree with some of the stuff you guys are saying... like parts of the game can be pretty bad but overall Call of duty 6 modern warfare 2 is pretty sick..
It's pretty "sick" if you can get a punching bag near you when you play the game and punch it every time you die because of bull****.

The only bad things about MW2's multi-player:

Spawn system
Hit detection
Party system
Matchmaking
OMA noob tubes
Noob tubes
Commando
Lag
The map 'rust'

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I shall look forward to using this awesome weapon!

Also, what is everyone's favorite AR, SMG, Handgun, launcher, shotgun, machine pistol, sniper rifle, and LMG?

I love the Scar, ump45, magnum, stinger, spas 12 (with grip of course), G18 or raffica, intervention and the AUg is great.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
m10 shotty imo is just a spas with a little less range and you don't have to wait for pump between shots.
underused (like half of the weapons in this game)
eh I have

UMP45+Holosight/Silencer (map dependent)
Stinger
Semtex
Stun Grenades (lol)
Marathon/Scavenger
Cold Blooded
Commando/Ninja (depends on map)

Although I usually snipe with
Intervention+FMJ
no clue what secondary to use with this
Claymore
Smoke Grenades
SoH Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim

and I have an awesome KD of like .6. It's going to improve since I've consistently gotten around positive KDs in all matches and especially on Quarry, Sub Base, and Favela, but when I started this game 2 weeks ago I was averaging around 3-10 or 4-12 in each match. Woo.

What secondary should I use for my Intervention, and is Steady Aim really necessary for it or should I use Ninja or the hated Commando?
on my sniper class, i've recently started using akimbo rafficas as my secondary. (idk what lvl you unlock them)
they're GREAT with steady aim and stopping power and you pull them out much faster than shotguns, prolly as fast as hand guns.

Also, what is everyone's favorite AR, SMG, Handgun, launcher, shotgun, machine pistol, sniper rifle, and LMG?

I love the Scar, ump45, magnum, stinger, spas 12 (with grip of course), G18 or raffica, intervention and the AUg is great.
Famas, ump (only one i've used), mag, rpg, m10/rangers, raffica (only one i've used), barret (only one i've used), and aug w/grip (only one i've used) lol

listing this made me realize how generic i am and how little i experiment

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Yeah.

Okay, all the guns I've tried pretty much=
Famas
Scar
Spas12
UMP
Barrett
Intervention
Riot Shield
G18
Stinger (doesn't really count?)

I've only had this game for 2 weeks and haven't played Campaign, but still lol. All I use now is UMP45 and Intervention, with the occasoinal Scar when I'm playing S&D on some maps.

edit: I've also only played
Team Deathmatch
Domination
Ground War
Search and Destroy

I'm horrible with variety.

Fletch

Smash Master
Thanks for sharing your opinion, it's duly noted.
Wrongo, bud. Imo, AK is one of the better AR's. Just not really used as much because most people are prestiging, and only having one level to use it.
It does same damage as TAR, has lower rate of fire, more recoil, and adding any attachments to it adds sway. Also has worse irons, but that is more of an opinion. I don't really see a reason to use the AK.

Fletch

Smash Master

AR: Tough call on AR... probably FAL or TAR depending on the day
SMG: UMP easily
Handgun: Akimbo Magnums
Launcher: RPG
Shotgun: Don't use these, but probably the 1887s/rangers
MP: Akimbo G18s, favorite gun in game
Sniper: Barrett all day
LMG: RPD is probably a little better, but I love the feel of the AUG

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

AR: AK-47
SMG: UMP
Handgun: USP .45
Launcher: Stinger
Shotgun: m10
Machine pistol: PP2000
Sniper rifle: .50 cal
LMG: RPD

It does same damage as TAR, has lower rate of fire, more recoil, and adding any attachments to it adds sway. Also has worse irons, but that is more of an opinion. I don't really see a reason to use the AK.
Thanks for sharing your opinion, it's duly noted.

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
Just outta curiosity, did anyone else buy prestige edition? I did, that McTavish bust is still on my dresser, the NVGs are kinda cool, but I'm a sucker for collectors editions (I own spore galactic edition, DJ Hero renegade, and MW2 prestige edition.) The steel case is also beast.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Just outta curiosity, did anyone else buy prestige edition? I did, that McTavish bust is still on my dresser, the NVGs are kinda cool, but I'm a sucker for collectors editions (I own spore galactic edition, DJ Hero renegade, and MW2 prestige edition.) The steel case is also beast.
I got the Hardened Edition for MW2. The prestige one was too expensive for me.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Keep this AR debate to a minimum please, they're all beastly. The F2000 is a SMG.

AR: Anything but the F2000. They're all way too good.
SMG: Mini-Uzi. **** you guys.
LMG: AUG HBAR, feels the most like a AR.
Sniper: Intervention/Barrett
Riot Shield = LOL
MP: M93 Raffica/G18
Shotgun: M1014
Handgun: Desert Eagle

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Keep this AR debate to a minimum please, they're all beastly. The F2000 is a SMG.
but isn't that what this thread is for?

i really wanna know what everyone thinks of the ARs. other than the f2k, i see all of them put to use by good players online and i can't really stick to one for more than a few days (usually).

HEY EVERYONE,
what's your favorite one or two ARs and why?
also, which ARs do you feel can do without stopping power and which ones can't?

i'm stuck between famas/tar/holofal/acr and i'll admit that scar is a great viable option but i don't use it at all these days and idk why.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Time out there's no way in heck that the AK has more recoil than the TAR. Sure it does have the bounce but it's not hard to get used to it at all. I don't use the TAR simply because of its recoil issues at long distances.

And I'll take the iron sights of the AK-47 over any other AR. But then again, I'm biased cause it was pretty much the only gun I used on CoD4, so I'm very used to it.

Oh and @Lumpy

I agree 100% the M1014 is a highly underated shotgun. It has just as much power as the Spas-12 and a higher fire rate. Only problem is the small clip size, but that can easily be changed with extended mags.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I've only had this game for 2 weeks and haven't played Campaign, but still lol. All I use now is UMP45 and Intervention, with the occasoinal Scar when I'm playing S&D on some maps.
Fun Fact: I had COD4 since release, and only started & finished the Campaign in August 2009, and only on a bet to see who'd finish it fastest.

Fun Fact+1: I've also had MW2 since release, with no intention of doing Campaign or Spec Ops.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Ok, I don't know if someone asked this already, but I'm gonna ask it again.
When u download the map pack, do u just get maps, or do u also get the 3 new perks and 5 new weapons?

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I used a Scar and it was my favorite (mainly because I didn't use many other guns and I was only rank like 28), but I didn't know what attachments to put on it. Now my main non-sniping class is an UMP45 with silencer, Marathon, Cold Blooded, and Ninja. It's so fun.

Also, I went 17-3 on Rundown last night using an Intervention, and I got a 10 kill streak to open the game. It wasn't the best kill streak I've done, but it's the best KD I've gotten (which is pretty bad overall but awesome for me) so I'm pretty happy.

AR: Scar
SMG: UMP easily
Handgun: Don't really use these
Shotgun: Akimbo 1887s, lol
MP: G18s
Sniper: Intervention
LMG: AUG, only one I've tried

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I've never used an LMG.

Ever.
Aug H-bar is arguably one of the best guns in the game.Not a big clip so 1 man army or scavenger is a must.

But If you get the grip on it,it destroys everything.

I'm very much looking forward to trying out 2 primaries with Overkill.(M16A4 and AUG or maybe riot shield instead)

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Aug H-bar is arguably one of the best guns in the game.Not a big clip so 1 man army or scavenger is a must.

But If you get the grip on it,it destroys everything.

I'm very much looking forward to trying out 2 primaries with Overkill.(M16A4 and AUG or maybe riot shield instead)
Not a big clip?? O_o

What are you basing that on? Other LMGs? Yeah, it's the smallest out of them. Every other gun in the game??? It's got a 75 round mag dude. Compare that to every AR and and SMG. Most of those combined don't equal 75.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Ok, I don't know if someone asked this already, but I'm gonna ask it again.
When u download the map pack, do u just get maps, or do u also get the 3 new perks and 5 new weapons?
You get the 5 maps. (3 new and 2 old)

New perks and weapons have been rumored but nothing official at the moment.

And my favorite 2 ARs are: The M16 and AK-47.

EDIT: Just prestidged. I miss the AK-47. :(

Fletch

Smash Master
Time out there's no way in heck that the AK has more recoil than the TAR. Sure it does have the bounce but it's not hard to get used to it at all. I don't use the TAR simply because of its recoil issues at long distances.

And I'll take the iron sights of the AK-47 over any other AR. But then again, I'm biased cause it was pretty much the only gun I used on CoD4, so I'm very used to it.
It has more recoil than the TAR, it is inferior in every way besides the irons (which most people agree the TAR is better at anyways, but that is opinion). Check out the recoil/damage charts I posted earlier.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Be that as it may, the AK sounds better.

Your move.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Does anybody know what would happen if an EMP went off while the Emergency Airdrop plane was in the air? Just wondering if it would get destroyed or not since rockets can't harm it and all.
What I wonder is if an EMP can stop a nuke. That would be epic and would also make the person who got the nuke extremely angry, lol. I"ll have to try it later.

Fletch

Smash Master
Be that as it may, the AK sounds better.

Your move.
Guess I can't argue with that ¯\(°_o)/¯

Does anybody know what would happen if an EMP went off while the Emergency Airdrop plane was in the air? Just wondering if it would get destroyed or not since rockets can't harm it and all.
What I wonder is if an EMP can stop a nuke. That would be epic and would also make the person who got the nuke extremely angry, lol. I"ll have to try it later.
An EMP does not stop a nuke or EAD. You can't call them in while they are active, but once they are called in then they can't be stopped.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198

Oh and @Lumpy

I agree 100% the M1014 is a highly underated shotgun. It has just as much power as the Spas-12 and a higher fire rate. Only problem is the small clip size, but that can easily be changed with extended mags.
it's a shot gun. doesn't need a huge clip. i'm a compulsive reloader, though. (which is my downfall with lmg's lol)
it won't stop a nuke that's already been called in, but it will prevent anyone from calling in a nuke once the EMP has started.

Top Bottom