• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Rumor: Call of Duty: Black Ops, with dedicated servers

http://apps.facebook.com/upitone/?controller=news&op=view-news&news_id=31598 (yes, yes a facebook video game article...)

Call of Duty 7 has allegedly been exposed as Call of Duty: Black Ops. This has been declared by a MYSTERIOUS SOURCE from Activision that recently spilled the beans. According to this MYSTERIOUS SOURCE, Treyarch's upcoming game will take place not only in Vietnam, but at various points throughout history, providing a narrative that spans many times and places.

World War II, the Cold War, Cuba, South America and the famous Iranian embassy siege in London are all rumored to be included in Black Ops.

Even more intriguing is the rumor that this game will bring back dedicated servers are a notoriously unpopular discharge from Modern Warfare 2. Treyarch is also said to be resurrecting World At War's popular zombie mode, because zombies make everything more fun, apparently.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Eh, I've had MW2 for a week now. I'm like 53 with no prestige yet. It's funny how much better I've gotten in like a weeks time. I actually just started sniping today using a .50 Cal. It's fun really, oh and :mad: I use a 8 sensitivity now. Get at my 2 previously. (:mad: told me to change it fyi) Yeah, so lil update there. Hah

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's not hard to get used to at all, really. At first when :mad: made me use 10 (with no warning) I was confused. But now it's easy stuff.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i tried moving the sensitivity up for one game and it felt like it'd take too much to get used to so i switched it back to default and never looked back... until now...

Fletch

Smash Master
Up it and get used to it Lumpy, you'll be much better in the long run. I wish I did it earlier, and you're lucky Chaco to get used to it so easily, I move one point at a time and have trouble adjusting.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Good Game, Icy. I'd play more, but I had to get off. =/

I've been upping my sensitivity recently as well. Been going one point at a time, I'm only at the High setting currently. It only takes me a couple games to adjust, but after adjusting I'll always stay there for a day just to really let it sink in, then move it up.

I love the Striker. It's so good. <3

Chaco

Never Logs In
One of my really good friends said to start at 10 ad back it down until you're comfortable. It makes adjusting easier apparently.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Eh, I've had MW2 for a week now. I'm like 53 with no prestige yet. It's funny how much better I've gotten in like a weeks time. I actually just started sniping today using a .50 Cal. It's fun really, oh and :mad: I use a 8 sensitivity now. Get at my 2 previously. (:mad: told me to change it fyi) Yeah, so lil update there. Hah
I told you it would help. Did you try playing on Tactical yet?

It's not hard to get used to at all, really. At first when :mad: made me use 10 (with no warning) I was confused. But now it's easy stuff.
Well I wanted you to see what it was like to play like I do. It's funny because you had no idea what it was like. What's funnier is that I was playing on 10 for two weeks before I noticed, I thought I was on 8 the entire time. Now it just feels natural and I can never go back.

i tried moving the sensitivity up for one game and it felt like it'd take too much to get used to so i switched it back to default and never looked back... until now...
Try 4 or 5, then work your way up. If it doesn't work for you then don't hesitate to switch back.

Up it and get used to it Lumpy, you'll be much better in the long run. I wish I did it earlier, and you're lucky Chaco to get used to it so easily, I move one point at a time and have trouble adjusting.
This, when I first discovered a few of those options, it took quite some time.

One of my really good friends said to start at 10 ad back it down until you're comfortable. It makes adjusting easier apparently.
That could work. You're just guaranteed better results in a real match because you'll be somewhat familiar with the new sensitivity.

Manic is a homosexual.

I got a 360 Noob Tube with the TAR for the game winning killcam and TRG about wet himself with laughter. Icy was there. We played Global Thermonuclear War in a Private Match and I knifed him.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
now what method to use...
start at 10 ad back it down until you're comfortable. It makes adjusting easier apparently.
Been going one point at a time, I'm only at the High setting currently. It only takes me a couple games to adjust, but after adjusting I'll always stay there for a day just to really let it sink in, then move it up.
Try 4 or 5, then work your way up. If it doesn't work for you then don't hesitate to switch back.
thanks for the tips, guys.

um... now i'm not sure which one of these to try.
too many methods to choose from...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Most people enjoy it more. I liked it more simply because sniping felt more rewarding.

There's also a very, very small chance that the M40A3 is returning to MW2 in the DLC. You can hear the bolt of an M40 on Storm if anyone else noticed.

Grunt

Smash Master
Most people enjoy it more. I liked it more simply because sniping felt more rewarding.

There's also a very, very small chance that the M40A3 is returning to MW2 in the DLC. You can hear the bolt of an M40 on Storm if anyone else noticed.
NVM i was looking at the wrong trailer, i heard it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
http://fourzerotwo.com/

"Double XP

Originally planned to do it this weekend, but we’ve decided to throw the Double XP switch early when the new maps hit. So jump online with the new DLC and check out the two new DLC specific playlists.

Stimulus and Hardcore Stimulus Playlists

These two playlists are 100% dedicated to the new maps, and are Double XP enabled. So jump on and experienced the new DLC you downloaded, get double XP, and experience all your favorite gametypes along with some hardcore variants of them.

Ranger maps added to HCHQ

We’re adding a few maps to the Hardcore Headquarters Pro playlist on Xbox Live, allowing you now play all the Ranger maps in this gametype, something I know a lot of users have been asking for! These maps include Highrise, Invasion, Skidrow, and Terminal.

Title Update

Along side the DLC, but something ALL of our users will get, is a title update for Modern Warfare 2. Included in this update is support for the DLC (if you choose to purchase it), as well as some tweaks to the One Man Army perk, some matchmaking updates that will help our international users find more locally hosted games thanks to how ping is now sorted, and various other code updates that will help improve the overall quality of multiplayer on Modern Warfare 2."

Wow, I can't get double XP because I refuse to purchase their over-priced map pack??? :mad:

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
what are they doing to OMA?

i don't even think it's broken, now. lol but that's because i haven't used it too much.

it takes 5 seconds to switch (without OMA pro) and other than claymores/c4 in SnD, i don't know what to use it for. secondaries are really good in this game and noobtube is better with scavenger, imo.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Exactly. There's nothing wrong with OMA. They shouldn't nerf it because people are stupid and don't know how to deal with it.
Are you joking me? They should just remove it because it's cheap/game breaking IMO. Have fun facing people who use noob tubes with OMA and danger close. INSTANT RAGE QUIT!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Are you joking me? They should just remove it because it's cheap/game breaking IMO. Have fun facing people who use noob tubes with OMA and danger close. INSTANT RAGE QUIT!
There's always MLG Gamebattles matches if OMA Grenade Launchers frustrate you.

It's not broken.

Fletch

Smash Master
As an avid OMA user... the perk is pretty **** broken. I think if they touch it up though they need to do something about Scavenger then as well, as it is only being nerfed due to DC/Infinite Noob Tube stuff, which can be done pretty well with Scav/DC/Noob Tube/RPG as well.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Scavenger makes you work for your ammo back, though. You may even have to run out to regain. Unlike OMA where it's a small 5-3 second wait to refill while you're dark corner bound.

Scavenger only replenishes one of each and some ammo. One flash/stun grenade, should your class have it. One grenade for your launcher, and one rocket for your rocket launcher. The launchers all have to be out of ammo, or loaded in order for you to pick up the max amount.

I think Scavenger is fair.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm just tired of people raging about everything.

i'm going to try replacing scavenger pro with OMA on my danger close class.
i don't like the idea of losing my RPG (which i just got a few levels ago, finally), but i'll try to play as gay as possible to see how well i'll do in a few random groups online.

i don't think people like this are dominating matches. i just think they're adding a random factor that can take away from a consistent player's killstreak. i think that's a good thing, if a player is good enough to consistently get 11 kills per life, does he really need a chopper gunner or ac130 every life too?

whether it be with OMA or with scavenger pro, i think they get random kills on better players but i don't think they're going to be getting 5.0 KDR's every game. getting ***** in this game is less fun than ****** while dying to a noobtuber a few times each match.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
haha nice.

ima keep updating this post with my OMA danger close class scores.

i joined late and got 11-6 on the first game.

16-12 on quarry, it was harder for me to keep safe for some reason...

20-9 on afgan. why am i doing this again?

edit: ima stop testing this now. it feels like a campy version of the scavenger set up i used to play. other than that, it feels the same. idk... i'm pointless...

btw, i've been using the tar on my nubetoob class so i can cover close and long range with one gun. i'm really starting to like it. and ggz to werekill. sorry you had to sit through my noobtubing lol

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Idk why, but I've been doing really bad in this game lately, I"ve mainly just been playing ground war though, it's like no matter where I go some guy with marathon is following me about to kill me.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
i've never understood why they had to have grenade launcher attachments.

especially in mw2 where you can have nade launchers as secondaries.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Everyone and their sister knows that the only reason people abuse OMA is for easy grenade launcher access, which doesn't make it fun.

A person can literally camp in a corner the whole game and spam noob tubes across the map to get easy kills in gametypes such as Domination. How is this fair at all? It's one of those perks that just doesn't make the game fun.. well maybe it is for the OMA abusers, but I'd like to see how much fun YOU are having when you get 20 noob tubes shoved up your *** in a single game.

I'd say OMA is borderline game-breaking, but with a few minor tweaks it can be useable, fair, and fun all at the same time.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well i like the idea of using it in search to set up two claymores and/or c4

do you guys have any idea how they are going to tweak it? or how they should/could tweak it to make it more "balanced"? i'll agree that OMA tubin' is a little better than scav tubin' because i camp with OMA instead of running around with scav.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i just went 25-6 on karachi with my famas/claymore/scavenger class.

people keep letting me camp the good roof (idk how to explain witch one) so i eventually get bored of playing gay and start running around with my rafficas.

if someone's camping on top of that roof, they prolly have claymores on the stairs. DON'T KEEP RUNNING INTO THE SAME CLAYMORE lol dayum...

edit: i'd like to watch. where can i?

S

smash brawl player 99021

Trading in Bad Company 2 for a 1,600 Points card. Consider this as a welcome back.

I've been having a great time with C4 lately.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Going 9-0-0 in a Search and Destroy match makes you feel pretty **** good, I must say. It's a pity everybody ditches the Shotgun attachment for f***ing noobs tubes all the time.

Fletch

Smash Master
The Shotgun attachment is garbage... or at least it is for me. I can never kill anyone with that piece of ****.

Top Bottom