• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Well I am now downloading the Stimulus Map Pack thanks to my mom's credit card!!! :D Yeah I'm going to hell...

Looking forward to some intense matches with you guys on Crash and Overgrown!

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
What's a ninja defuse? I keep seeing a few people talking about it on some vids I've seen.

EDIT: @Leafy: Oh, right. I wonder if I could do that...

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I really don't see why people fall for ninja defuses. I mean, whenever I played SnD, I always planted a claymore first then the bomb.

A ninja defuse would not work on me.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
F8AL, claymores are only set off by movement. If they sneak up behind you and start defusing as you're placing the claymore, they won't trigger it. Now, depending on how you place the claymore, you might be able to see them as they defuse, but otherwise it'll work.

Someone give me a good general class theme (stealth, Sniping, etc.) for Storm. I can't figure it out for the life of me. D:

Grunt

Smash Master
I used a silencer tar21 and got 2 chopper gunners in one game on storm.
basically use a fast AR or SMG, they actually work on that map.

BTW: i got my second nuke ever on salvage just using an ACR with red dot. they camped inside a building the whole CG time and i only ended up getting like 4 guys with it.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
There's always that rare opportunity where you get the new player that doesn't check.

For me, I'll toss a smoke at a doorway and the person planting will immediately drop the bomb and watch that door. It really is fun. Try it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
F8AL, claymores are only set off by movement. If they sneak up behind you and start defusing as you're placing the claymore, they won't trigger it. Now, depending on how you place the claymore, you might be able to see them as they defuse, but otherwise it'll work.

Someone give me a good general class theme (stealth, Sniping, etc.) for Storm. I can't figure it out for the life of me. D:
I plant the claymore first, then I plant the bomb. I angle the lasers from the claymores so people will run into it.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Remind me to never let F8AL have the bomb in Search.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I don't think I'll ever get a nuke though. I've only gotten over a 10 killstreak 3 times. I don't know how people deal with the pressure to get it.
i've never gotten a nuke. i don't think i've ever turned it on. lol
while i turn on and use kill streaks, i don't feel accomplished spawn trapping people with a chopper gunner. i usually only use kill streaks that are fast or don't require my control.

i'll add "killstreaks are too good" to the "bad spawn system" of my complaint list for this amazing game.
Remind me to never let F8AL have the bomb in Search.
LOOL

finally someone like me who puts amazing faith in their claymores.
i have my own top 5 spots for claymores on any map that will get a kill, no matter what. lol

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I really don't see why people fall for ninja defuses. I mean, whenever I played SnD, I always planted a claymore in the bomb after I planted it.

A ninja defuse would not work on me.
I plant the claymore first, then I plant the bomb. I angle the lasers from the claymores so people will run into it.
orly?

Sneaky Sneaky

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I tried Ground War for the first time today, it was Domination on Terminal and I got noobtubedx20. Not a good start, lol. I have to find out all the BS spots where people can tube you across the map from and remember to stay away from them (for example, the intersection of the hallways near A, although that's an iffy spot regardless I think).

yo I'm on that PS3 and don't have any new maps, and whenever they come out I'm wanting to get a headset first. I'm using a Guitar Hero mic to talk which is amazingly ghetto.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
New maps suck ****. Crash and Overgrown are still gud,
I respectfully disagree. Icy sucks ****.

I only say this F8AL because claymores make too much noise. If you're defending, you're better off placing a claymore after planting.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I tried Ground War for the first time today, it was Domination on Terminal and I got noobtubedx20. Not a good start, lol. I have to find out all the BS spots where people can tube you across the map from and remember to stay away from them (for example, the intersection of the hallways near A, although that's an iffy spot regardless I think).

yo I'm on that PS3 and don't have any new maps, and whenever they come out I'm wanting to get a headset first. I'm using a Guitar Hero mic to talk which is amazingly ghetto.
Guitar Hero mic? :confused:

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Apparently it's not too static-y since I haven't had complaints about it from my friends. I'm also not that guy who has a sensitive mic that just echos game sounds.

A Guitar Hero mic kinda works, but I have to pick it up to talk, and I want to hear footsteps.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Fourzerotwo's latest tweet:

#MW2 Weighting the new maps more heavily so they show up more often & updating matchmaking to find games faster. You'll notice it tonight.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
God, I love the new maps - Storm, especially.

It's a camping gold mine on FFA.

Set up a claymore on the stairs and keep doin that lol. I use this class and it owns.

Ump w/ silencer
Stinger
-Claymores and stuns
-digital camo
-Scavenger pro
-cold blooded pro (should i switch this perk, idk?)
-ninja pro

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I feel marathon works better, but it's completely up to you. Stopping power is completely unnecessary on the UMP, as it kills in 3 shots at ANY range, with or without stopping power, silenced or unsilenced. Lightweight is another viable option for your Tier 2 perk, but I prefer cold-blooded.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i just prestiged again. i'm like lvl 6 or something.

i'm rerealizing how good the ump is. i was owning with it on some maps. i'm too scared to try it on most maps though. only use it on sub base, scrapyard, and... you get the idea...

edit: cold blooded is your best option with a stealthy class (especially with the ump). i think lightweight isn't too great, imo.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Lightweight Pro is incredible. I'd like to rearrange the pro version of some perks.

For example,

Marathon | ADS Faster
Stopping Power | Sights pull up faster after sprinting
SitRep | Silent Footsteps

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That's the point. They give you bad combinations. I want GOOD ONES.

Fletch

Smash Master
I feel marathon works better, but it's completely up to you. Stopping power is completely unnecessary on the UMP, as it kills in 3 shots at ANY range, with or without stopping power, silenced or unsilenced. Lightweight is another viable option for your Tier 2 perk, but I prefer cold-blooded.
UMP doesn't need SP at all, but it does make it a 2 shot kill at close range. I agree it's not really worth it though.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys,

F8AL here. I have some bad news for everyone. As you may know, I’m currently enrolled in college and we get a lot of course work to do. Most of my free time nowadays is spent doing homework, working on assignments/projects and studying for tests. As exams slowly approach, I have decided to concentrate more on my school work and leave Smashboards. It was a difficult choice, as I’ve made several friends on this website. I know that many of you will be disappointed to hear/read about my departure but rest assured, I thought long and hard about this.

I want to thank the follow members on Smashboards for their help and friendliness:

The Real Gamer

IcyDeath

Zero Beat

If I missed any of you, I’m sorry but that’s all I can name off the top of my head right now. *I have left the decision of picking the new OP for the MW2 thread in the hands of :mad: as I know he’ll make the right decision. *Thanks everyone for the great time I’ve had here at Smashboards and I wish you the best of luck in your lives and future.

Farewell,

- F8AL

Top Bottom