• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Crash, I've found, is just... Argh, I just hate it. -_-

Also, could you guys list some of the classes you use? Right now, I'm having trouble finding a good class..

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
He wanted to list you the worst possible setup possible.

I can beat that,

MP5k w/ Thermal + Rapid Fire
Desert Eagle w/ FMJ
Throwing Knife / Flash x 2
Bling Pro
Danger Close Pro
Scrambler

Counter UAV
Precision Airstrike
EMP

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
since i prestiged again recently, i've only gotten to 17 or so.

here's what i'm using.

ump w/ red dot (does rapid fire effect the recoil?)
usp (i want tac knife lol)
semtex (i want claymores even when i run and gun)
stun (i don't like flash. are they slower than stuns?)
marathon
lightweight (COLD BLOODED!!!!)
steady aim (NINJA!!!!)

as you can see, i won't be comfortable till around lvl 35ish.

Sit rep pro is the best...its makes your oppoents sound like ****ing horses running around you. Trust me...
i'm jealous. how on earth did you get sit rep pro?
is there a good strategy for it?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
M16A4 w/ red dot
flash
claymore
one man army
stopping power
commando

I have 3 classes with one man.They are all the same except for the perks.I change to my hardline one for earlier killstreaks when I have say 3,5 or 9 kills.Then I have another one with cold blooded for when the enemy has loads of crap in the air.(this one has ninja and smoke instead of commando and flash)

Infinite ammo,equipment and grenades.
Earlier killstreaks.(and you can just switch back after)
Cold blooded when you need it.
You can mix up your primaries too if you like.

What more do you need?

I also got chopper gunners 7 games in a row earlier.Went 39-0,35-0,28-2,18-0,24-4,22-1 and 25-3

I'm a beast today.The best part was the 1st 2 matches were against some ****** clan who were talking so much crap it was unreal.MAN the after lobby was too much fun.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i've been crazy about the ump lately but i'm losing fire fights to assault rifles at mid/long ranges.
other than that common smg flaw, i'm not having any issues.

what are you thoughts on the ump's damage with or without stopping power and/or a silencer?

do you think rapid fire is a decent attachment?
there's a lot of recoil for mid/long ranged shots even without rapid fire.

p.s. after messing with sensetivity for a total of 2 hours today, i'm on 3... started at 2. lol
talk about baby steps.

edit: i can't find that picture that someone posted showing damage at different ranges.
that picture and/or the link to that sight should be in the OP. (couldn't find it so idk)

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
i've been crazy about the ump lately but i'm losing fire fights to assault rifles at mid/long ranges.

what are you thoughts on the ump's damage with or without stopping power and/or a silencer?

p.s. after messing with sensetivity for a total of 2 hours today, i'm on 3... started at 2. lol
talk about baby steps.

edit: i can't find that picture that someone posted showing damage at different ranges.
that picture and/or the link to that sight should be in the OP. (couldn't find it so idk)
My friend on GB killed a person across the Estate with a ump silcened and it only took 3-4 bullets cause he bursted. No stopping power and I saw it since it was SnD (I was dead).

Fletch

Smash Master
since i prestiged again recently, i've only gotten to 17 or so.

here's what i'm using.

ump w/ red dot (does rapid fire effect the recoil?)
usp (i want tac knife lol)
semtex (i want claymores even when i run and gun)
stun (i don't like flash. are they slower than stuns?)
marathon
lightweight (COLD BLOODED!!!!)
steady aim (NINJA!!!!)

as you can see, i won't be comfortable till around lvl 35ish.

i'm jealous. how on earth did you get sit rep pro?
is there a good strategy for it?

talk about baby steps.

Rapid fire is pretty meh on the UMP, bumps up the recoil quite a bit. Check the recoil chart I posted earlier.

Flash come out slower than stuns.

Getting sit rep pro is an absolute nightmare without boosting. I will never get it.

The UMP basically doesn't need SP. It makes it a 2 hit kill at close range, but its a 3 shot kill at range no matter what. As such, it's one of the best candidates in the game for a silencer.

I'll dig up the charts I posted after I post this.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I'm pissed today, I was playing against a friend last night and I stuck him with a semtex and when it exploded, it did no damage to him whatsoever. I only saw hit markers when he got stuck with it, but not when it exploded.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
That's stupid.

Also, someone shot a rocket at me and it blew up on my riot shield and did me no damage. Then someone sticks me with semtex on the middle of the shield and I die. WTF?

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
SitRep Pro apparently also has the same effect as Ninja Pro, according to the Call of Duty Wiki (cutting footstep noises by 75%). Is that true?

I personally only use the UMP only on my Runner class. I don't like using it very often because it's just far too powerful for a sub machine gun. Guess that makes me a bit of a scrub, but w/ever. As for my current class:

M16 Bling w/ Heartbeat Sensor & RDS
AA-12 Bling w/ Grip & FMJ
Bling Pro
SP Pro
Last Stand Pro

I've pissed off quite a few people lately because of those lucky Last Stand kills. Managed to get all the way up to Tac Knife for the M9 with it, lol.

S

smash brawl player 99021

P90-Rapid Fire
Dual G18's
Marathon
Lightweight
Ninja

3/4/5

Flank them.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I was playing Search with a few friends of mine...I guess a week ago, and a grenade fell out of the sky. Yes, literally out of the sky and killed him. He was the last alive, no one on the other team was alive. We laughed til we cried.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
The UMP does that so much better with a silencer.
Now that I think about it, what the hell is the point in using anything BUT the UMP, considering it's power, even when silenced? The only thing I can think of is that it's inferior at close range to a couple of other high-ROF SMGs like the Vector, but I'm at a loss otherwise.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Ok, guys, I got a serious question: why doesn't anyone like the F2000?

I've been using it - well, I started using it today - and it owns. Great rate of fire, and for me at least, good accuracy.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

I've been using it - well, I started using it today - and it owns. Great rate of fire, and for me at least, good accuracy.
Absurd amount of recoil, it doesn't serve the title "Assault Rifle in MW2" justice.

Hey guys, sorry to just pop in but my youtube channel is now going to be releasing MW2 videos. Here is my first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdC9WgyQj3U. Subscribe, thanks.
Already subscribed, it's great to see gameplay from someone on here. Mind if I add you?

Connor H Sucks

Fletch

Smash Master
SitRep Pro apparently also has the same effect as Ninja Pro, according to the Call of Duty Wiki (cutting footstep noises by 75%). Is that true?
Ninja Pro will multiply the user's footstep sound by an amount less than 0.25x.

SitRep will highlight any and all enemy Equipment with a bright red overlay from a very long distance.
SitRep Pro does several things:
Multiplies the volume of enemy footsteps by 4x.
Multiplies the volume of the player and his allies' footsteps by 0.25x.
This allows the one with SitRep Pro to more clearly make out the enemy footsteps.
SitRep Pro does not make the player's footsteps quieter to the enemy, only to himself.

Now that I think about it, what the hell is the point in using anything BUT the UMP, considering it's power, even when silenced? The only thing I can think of is that it's inferior at close range to a couple of other high-ROF SMGs like the Vector, but I'm at a loss otherwise.
The MP5k is good for close range, but other than that, you should always be using the UMP.

Great rate of fire but on a 30-20 gun, it still doesn't kill faster than the 40-30 guns, and its recoil is HORRIBLE.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
In Toronto, so it doesn't really matter, but:

Why don't people like the RPD as much as they like the Aug Hbar?

It's quite amazing, and I have my fall camo for it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
In Toronto, so it doesn't really matter, but:

The RPD is one of those underrated guns that everyone enjoys overlooking for whatever reason.

But people hardly even use LMGs in the first place, and whenever they do, 90% of the time it's an AUG.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Already accepted, man.

I'm working on my AK right now.

Fletch

Smash Master
Fletch is the MW2 scientist.
Ha thanks, I like to know my stuff in games so I'm always using the best equipment.

I see the RPD a lot (PS3 if it matters). It's probably overall a better gun than the Aug, but both are by far the best LMGs, and you can't really go wrong with either one. RPD+Grip is incredible, but I've always preferred the look of the Aug. Again, they're very similar so it really doesn't matter too much.

In other really awful news, I got killed during a 24 KS today and had a game end while I was in Chopper Gunner with a 22 KS, so missed out on 2 close nukes. Sometimes this game is really frustrating, I really should turn off the nukes and just play normally.

Fletch

Smash Master
Sorry for the double post, but I started playing a lot again and my clan seems to be busy playing Rainbow Six. Anyone on PS3 want to add me? My PSN is ClownMafia.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Longest Post Ever

Rapid fire is pretty meh on the UMP, bumps up the recoil quite a bit. Check the recoil chart I posted earlier.

Flash come out slower than stuns.

Getting sit rep pro is an absolute nightmare without boosting. I will never get it.

The UMP basically doesn't need SP. It makes it a 2 hit kill at close range, but its a 3 shot kill at range no matter what. As such, it's one of the best candidates in the game for a silencer.

I'll dig up the charts I posted after I post this.
Looks like the image I posted before has some hosting problems, but DenKirson also has a nice interactive chart to use to compare weapons. Here's the link.

http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/
thank you thank you. i stumbled upon that sight after i posted.
it's really insightful and explained why i might as well be using the silencer with the ump.
I'm pissed today, I was playing against a friend last night and I stuck him with a semtex and when it exploded, it did no damage to him whatsoever. I only saw hit markers when he got stuck with it, but not when it exploded.
That's stupid.

Also, someone shot a rocket at me and it blew up on my riot shield and did me no damage. Then someone sticks me with semtex on the middle of the shield and I die. WTF?
with the riot shield you can endure any explosive that's in front of you except a semtex that's been stuck to your shield. i heard if someone stickies your shield, you can trade the shield for a weapon on the ground and the semtex will disappear lol. never tried it though.

shot gunners and commandos **** my face...
Ha thanks, I like to know my stuff in games so I'm always using the best equipment.

I see the RPD a lot (PS3 if it matters). It's probably overall a better gun than the Aug, but both are by far the best LMGs, and you can't really go wrong with either one. RPD+Grip is incredible, but I've always preferred the look of the Aug. Again, they're very similar so it really doesn't matter too much.

In other really awful news, I got killed during a 24 KS today and had a game end while I was in Chopper Gunner with a 22 KS, so missed out on 2 close nukes. Sometimes this game is really frustrating, I really should turn off the nukes and just play normally.
in what situation would you prefer an LMG over an assault rifle?

and about killstreaks, the game is less frustrating when you don't worry about killstreaks.
it seems like random noobtubers and shot gunner commandos running around are meant to keep the really good players from consistently getting chopper gunners and nukes. i actually like that.

i've been using predator missile, precision airstrike, and harrier strike.
sometimes i'll throw on the starting kill streaks too. instead of getting maybe one chopper gunner every two or three games, i get like 3 predator missiles each game. so i'm still getting a lot of kills from them, just not worrying about it.
Sorry for the double post, but I started playing a lot again and my clan seems to be busy playing Rainbow Six. Anyone on PS3 want to add me? My PSN is ClownMafia.
If you haven't added me yet, you should. My PSN is NiightShade- (Include the two i's and the dash)
both of you guys add my roommate. i'm the only one who plays modernwarfare on that account.
sweepsx

Fletch

Smash Master
with the riot shield you can endure any explosive that's in front of you except a semtex that's been stuck to your shield. i heard if someone stickies your shield, you can trade the shield for a weapon on the ground and the semtex will disappear lol. never tried it though.

in what situation would you prefer an LMG over an assault rifle?

and about killstreaks, the game is less frustrating when you don't worry about killstreaks.
it seems like random noobtubers and shot gunner commandos running around are meant to keep the really good players from consistently getting chopper gunners and nukes. i actually like that.

i've been using predator missile, precision airstrike, and harrier strike.
sometimes i'll throw on the starting kill streaks too. instead of getting maybe one chopper gunner every two or three games, i get like 3 predator missiles each game. so i'm still getting a lot of kills from them, just not worrying about it.

both of you guys add my roommate. i'm the only one who plays modernwarfare on that account.
sweepsx
The Riot Shield drop actually works, although I've never actually been able to pull it off.

As far as when to use LMGs over ARs, remember your speed is a little slower when carrying an LMG. Also remember that the guns do not lose damage over distance like ARs. Therefore, LMGs are better for more long distance camping.

I agree on the bit about killstreaks. I really need to turn the nuke off and go back to 5/7/11, but I'm too stubborn.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I saw that GB match, F1ZZ. Good stuff.

Icy and I were up until 5 doing silly ****, haha.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I use it in Hardcore with a silencer, only to prove it's not that awful.
And :mad:, if you hadn't had left me on Favela, you could've seen my Ninja Defuse :(

I think we should write up a ND Guide :p

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Ninja Pro will multiply the user's footstep sound by an amount less than 0.25x.

SitRep will highlight any and all enemy Equipment with a bright red overlay from a very long distance.
SitRep Pro does several things:
Multiplies the volume of enemy footsteps by 4x.
Multiplies the volume of the player and his allies' footsteps by 0.25x.
This allows the one with SitRep Pro to more clearly make out the enemy footsteps.
SitRep Pro does not make the player's footsteps quieter to the enemy, only to himself.
Ah. Now I see. Thanks, Fletch.

The MP5k is good for close range, but other than that, you should always be using the UMP.
While this isn't nearly as welcoming, thanks for it. Ugh. I really, really do not want to just call it broken, but it's not far off.

shot gunners and commandos **** my face...
Ditto. Though the same applies to just about any weapon as well (except shotguns).

Top Bottom