• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Fletch

Smash Master
Great for beginners? :(

But I love my ACR... If you don't use it now, then what do you use?
SCAR-H or M4A1.
If you're a noob...;)

The best guns once you get used to them are probably the TAR and FAMAS, followed by HoloFAL if you can handle it. Scar+Ext. Mags also isn't bad, just annoying that it requires an attachment to be decent.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
If you're a noob...;)

The best guns once you get used to them are probably the TAR and FAMAS, followed by HoloFAL if you can handle it. Scar+Ext. Mags also isn't bad, just annoying that it requires an attachment to be decent.
Sure, let's go with that.

Thanks for sharing your opinion though.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah, i used to be dependent on the acr's lack of recoil.
it's a great gun but not efficient once you get better at the game.

after trying out the AR's i ended up on the famas and the tar21.
they're both great on they're respective maps.
scar is great too since i already use scavenger on most of my AR classes, but i don't use it too often at all anymore.

i'm thinking i'll replace my famas setup with holofal. what do you think, fletch?
(since i seem to agree with you on everything you say)

edit: i just noticed that even with the strongest assault rifle at close range with stopping power, you can't kill with 1 headshot from full health.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If you get a ninja defuse when it's a 1v5, would that still be considered a clutch?

Because Icy and I were laughing so hard when I got one.

Grunt

Smash Master
If you're a noob...;)

This guy knows what's up. Famas is the best evar.
If you get a ninja defuse when it's a 1v5, would that still be considered a clutch?

Because Icy and I were laughing so hard when I got one.
ninja defuses should always be considered clutch, since any smart person would turn around real quick.

Fletch

Smash Master
yeah, i used to be dependent on the acr's lack of recoil.
it's a great gun but not efficient once you get better at the game.

after trying out the AR's i ended up on the famas and the tar21.
they're both great on they're respective maps.
scar is great too since i already use scavenger on most of my AR classes, but i don't use it too often at all anymore.

i'm thinking i'll replace my famas setup with holofal. what do you think, fletch?
(since i seem to agree with you on everything you say)

edit: i just noticed that even with the strongest assault rifle at close range with stopping power, you can't kill with 1 headshot from full health.
Agreed here. I really really love using the FAL (probably my favorite gun in the game), but the fact that you pretty much have to bling it means it really isn't as good as the TAR or the FAMAS, not to mention the learning curve. I still think it is the best long-range AR in the game, but it can get outclassed if you're not quick on the trigger. I still need to get more used to the FAMAS; I think that is probably the best overall AR but I'm not a fan of burst fire weapons (even though I love the FAL haha).

As for that last statement, that isn't true... The FAL is very capable of one shot headshot kills at close range with SP (1.4*1.4*55)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
wait
where'd the 55 come from?
i thought it'd come out to 98 damage.

also, why would you say you need to bling fal? holo and extended mags? or what? noob tube?

Fletch

Smash Master
wait
where'd the 55 come from?
i thought it'd come out to 98 damage.

also, why would you say you need to bling fal? holo and extended mags? or what? noob tube?
FAL is 55-35 (55-40 with Holo). Usually it needs to be blinged to put on a silencer, but it can do without. Point was it is just annoying because it requires an attachment to be good (kind of like the Scar, although better), but at least it is a sight which is kind of necessary given the bad irons. I hear of people blinging it with Holo and Masterkey to give it both long and short range power, but I hate Masterkey.

If you don't like using silencers, then it can be played without using bling, but usually when you see FAL its Holo+silencer.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yeah, i do like silencer, but i almost need scavenger to semi camp. lol

it's going to kill in 2 hits no matter what, so it might as well be silenced... hmm...

Fletch

Smash Master
I got a 36 killstreak today on Scrapyard (my new best)... and got disconnected. Was saving my nuke, could have been at least 40. Also got disconnected mid-chopper gunner on Derail approaching another nuke. I really hate the p2p hosting in this game.

Fletch

Smash Master
I got a 36 killstreak today on Scrapyard (my new best)... and got disconnected. Was saving my nuke, could have been at least 40. Also got disconnected mid-chopper gunner on Derail approaching another nuke. I really hate the p2p hosting in this game.
After this, I went 7-0 to start on Quarry, got my Harrier which only got me 2 kills, so I camped for a while to get another 2 kills to get to Chopper Gunner. My Chopper Gunner gets me to 23, so I decide to camp inside the warehouse by A to get the last two kills. I get one relatively soon, but no one else comes. I leave with a couple kills left to go, and as soon as I spot someone, the game ends, leaving me another missed nuke. I never get angry at things (especially video games), but playing with a nuke on is the most infuriating thing you can do to yourself, I really need to turn it off.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Ya, I'm starting to use the FAMAS more. I used it a ton earlier and now I'm gettin' back into it. Also, I hate to say this because I don't know if I'm going to prestige or not, but the AK-47 is def one of my fav AR's. Man, it is just... ****.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Commando should really be nerfed. I'd be okay with it if they decreased the range and made it so that you can die mid lunge.

Chaco

Never Logs In
God I love the FAL, and I love even more getting told I use an Aim bot and a Mod. Makes me feel awesome. No lie.

Current class I love, mainly for anything.

FAL w/ Holo
Akimbo G18
Scav Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I never get angry at things (especially video games), but playing with a nuke on is the most infuriating thing you can do to yourself, I really need to turn it off.
i could only imagine... that's why i've never gone for nuke.
i don't even like chopper gunner anymore. last few times i used it i got a total of 3 or 4 kills with it. such bull****. lol it's funner to play with a 5/7/9 or my new favorite 5/6/7. i like it because i don't care if i die. it's just fun.
Ya, I'm starting to use the FAMAS more. I used it a ton earlier and now I'm gettin' back into it. Also, I hate to say this because I don't know if I'm going to prestige or not, but the AK-47 is def one of my fav AR's. Man, it is just... ****.
when i realized i like the ak, i was sad... lol
statistically the tar is better in every way (other than sights, but that's arguable) but the ak's recoil is only verticle. it's far easier to adjust to.
God I love the FAL, and I love even more getting told I use an Aim bot and a Mod. Makes me feel awesome. No lie.
i've been waiting and waiting for the fal this time around and i finally unlocked it and got holo sight.
now i'm iffy on it. it's really good, but i'm just not great with it. it makes famas feel like easy mode and famas doesn't require sights.

i think it was fletch who forced me to realize this, but the fal is a demanding gun.
it needs holo sight, stopping power, and greatly benefits from silencer and bling.

also does anyone have any tips for using the tar's iron sights?
it looks great, but i think something's up with it because i suck. lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i burst fire with everything but the m4 and the acr.
would you guys recommend silencing assault rifles on a non stealth class?

FAL VS FAMAS DEBATE: GO

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
The scar is much better than the tar IMO, but people don't really agree. The scar literally has no recoil and it's a 2 shot kill close range silenced. The only thing the TAR has over it is its large clip, but that's not really a problem if you reload at the right times. Both of them are good, I just think the scar has more advantages.

Edit: Famas ***** the FAL. Everytime you hit the trigger with the FAL, just remember that you would only need to hit it 1 time to get the kill with the famas. ;)

Fletch

Smash Master

It really depends on the rifle, but there are lots of setups I don't use silencers on. I usually always silence TAR, UMP, and FAL, as given their damages/ranges, they work really well.

I already talked about FAL vs. FAMAS a bit, but I guess I could expand. I think the FAMAS is the better gun. One shot burst kill means the FAMAS is great at both long and mid-range, as well as pretty good up close barring no missing. The FAL, with some practice, can be used to this level as well, but I don't think it is as easy. The only real thing holding back the FAL is the requirement of the **** holo sight and stopping power to make it useful. If it was just a 55-40 gun without the holo sight, I think you could make an argument for it being as good or better than the FAMAS. But since this thing basically requires bling, the holo, and SP to be good, the FAMAS wins out. The FAL is still more fun though ;).

I'm taking a break from the game; I promised myself I'd get one more nuke before turning it off, but another 24 KS is going to be the death of me.

Fletch

Smash Master
The scar is much better than the tar IMO, but people don't really agree. The scar literally has no recoil and it's a 2 shot kill close range silenced. The only thing the TAR has over it is its large clip, but that's not really a problem if you reload at the right times. Both of them are good, I just think the scar has more advantages.
Didn't see this before. The problem with the SCAR is it basically require an attachment (ext. mags) to be on par with the TAR (too many rhymes haha). I could throw a silencer on my TAR and be at an advantage. TAR also fires faster, so you'll be at a disadvantage (especially up close) in a firefight. TAR has faster reload too, but that doesn't really matter too much. I think you could make an argument for the SCAR being a better gun over distance, but the requirement of an attachment and its slow firerate leaves it behind the TAR.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'm gonna disagree wholeheartedly here.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
The TAR's recoil annoys me, so I said **** it.

And the SCAR's firerate at close range shouldn't really matter if you can land 3 bullets on them.

But that doesn't matter cuz the RPD > Both the SCAR and TAR. :)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
ok
so i'm thinking of reverting back to the famas. i'm bad enough without struggling with the fal. it just doesn't feel smooth. i love the iron sights of the famas, which is a big deal to me.

also, the scar is great at mid to long range but i would prefer the close range security of the tar.
having a high damage and rate of fire means the only struggle i'd have with it is long range, but it's not terrible at that.

the scar is a great all around gun but i don't like all around. i like extremes. i maybe on sub base, i could make good use of it, but for most maps, i have a predecided weapon of choice.

edit: landing 3 shots up close with the scar is harder than you make it sound. i feel the tar has more dominance at close range than any gun that isn't a shot gun.

Fletch

Smash Master
The TAR's recoil annoys me, so I said **** it.

And the SCAR's firerate at close range shouldn't really matter if you can land 3 bullets on them.

But that doesn't matter cuz the RPD > Both the SCAR and TAR. :)
I actually agree about the RPD, I'm starting to like the LMGs better than the ARs... if only they didn't require grips and allowed you to attach tubes to them.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
which assault rifles do you guys think are best without stopping power?

i'm thinking the scar/tar for an all around coldblooded class.

as you guys can see, i think more than i play. lol
i'm not even that good.

S

smash brawl player 99021

lol. FAL Famas debate. lol.

Not even a debate, really.

Fletch

Smash Master
which assault rifles do you guys think are best without stopping power?

i'm thinking the scar/tar for an all around coldblooded class.

as you guys can see, i think more than i play. lol
i'm not even that good.
If you're not using the HoloFAL, naked FAL doesn't really benefit from SP. Other than that, it's just preference. I'd say you want a 40-30 gun, and the TAR seems to work best without Stopping Power since it fires the fastest (gun is just too ****). Other than that, I'd say both the M16 and FAMAS can do without it as well as you can land those bursts.

EDIT: This only goes for the M16 and FAMAS at close range. If you plan on using these guns at long range, SP is basically a requirement unless you want to be using more than one burst. If you really want to use an AR without SP, I'd really just suggest using the UMP, it's practically an assault rifle and receives next to no bonus from SP except at close range.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Can anyone here remind me what gametypes are in the Team Tactical playlist?

If memory serves, its:

TDM
Domination
Demolition
Search and Destroy

S

smash brawl player 99021

They took out Search, I checked. I then proceeded to tear down my MW2 poster in my room.

Top Bottom