• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

S

smash brawl player 99021

No, in MW2.

You're joking, right? Why the **** would they take out Search???? WHY????

lol you have a MW2 poster?
No sir, I do not. I got rid of that in the wintertime. I was cold and wanted to make a fire... It was either that or my Anti-Commando Picket signs.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
If you're not using the HoloFAL, naked FAL doesn't really benefit from SP. Other than that, it's just preference. I'd say you want a 40-30 gun, and the TAR seems to work best without Stopping Power since it fires the fastest (gun is just too ****). Other than that, I'd say both the M16 and FAMAS can do without it as well as you can land those bursts.

EDIT: This only goes for the M16 and FAMAS at close range. If you plan on using these guns at long range, SP is basically a requirement unless you want to be using more than one burst. If you really want to use an AR without SP, I'd really just suggest using the UMP, it's practically an assault rifle and receives next to no bonus from SP except at close range.
i don't like tar or ump on predominately long ranged maps.
i see their potential, but the recoil is horrendous.

ignoring sniping and running and gunning, i'll go famas for long to mid range and tar on close to mid range.

oh yeah, and acr for hardcore lol. so broken.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
FAMAS can kiss my ***.

M16A4 is where it's at.

1 second faster at reloading than FAMAS.
Holographic sight reduces recoil to practically none.(Only 2 other guns benefit the same way)

Famas is ever so slightly better mid range but overall M16A4 takes it.

The FAL becomes better with a holo too.(2 shot kill at any range)
Although the sights on it suck.

Yeah M16A4 is my weapon for any situation.

Also Scar is not the best hardcore gun,the Aug H-Bar is.One hit kill at ANY distance.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
What do you guys think about ACR - bling with redot sight/holo and hearbeat sensor? I rarely ever use bling, but recently I've been playing and losing agains really campy players who use this setup.

S

smash brawl player 99021

They took out Search from Team Tactical!? Why!?

Good Games before Icy, had to get off. I got a mic now guys, so I won't be so quiet. :laugh:
You went on a rampage. You're a champ.
FAMAS can kiss my ***.

M16A4 is where it's at.

Holographic sight reduces recoil to practically none.(Only 2 other guns benefit the same way)

Heh. This has been debated so many times.

Final Descision

Iron Sights: FAMAS Wins here. M16's are HIDEOUS.
Range: FAMAS again. More accurate over a long distance.
Reload: M16 wins here.

FAMAS 2/3

Change is good. Go to the FAMAS.

@Cash, maybe use a Silencer on it with HBS. Find a good place to pitch a tent, then camp.

Fletch

Smash Master
oh yeah, and acr for hardcore lol. so broken.
SCAR is the best Hardcore gun, and it's the only place where it trumps the TAR-21.

UMP is one shot kill at any range in HC, by far the most broken gun there.

What do you guys think about ACR - bling with redot sight/holo and hearbeat sensor? I rarely ever use bling, but recently I've been playing and losing agains really campy players who use this setup.
You should really get used to the irons; they aren't bad at all on the ACR and you should never be wasting an attachment on red dot or holo (unless its the FAL or M16).

I can do a write-up on why the FAMAS is better than the M16 if anyone really wants.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
FAMAS can kiss my ***.

M16A4 is where it's at.

i don't like using sight attachments, though. that's a big reason i don't like the fal.
UMP is one shot kill at any range in HC, by far the most broken gun there.

You should really get used to the irons; they aren't bad at all on the ACR and you should never be wasting an attachment on red dot or holo (unless its the FAL or M16).

I can do a write-up on why the FAMAS is better than the M16 if anyone really wants.
oh yeah. ump lol. too good.

and about the sights, that's exactly what i was thinking.

also, doesn't the m16 get a bit sloppy at really long range?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You went on a rampage. You're a champ.
Yeah, and it was right after prestiging too. I had to pick up an enemy's ACR to keep going. :laugh: My friend showed up to take me to the park for some soccer, and he was like "What the hell, you're a beast." :laugh: If only I were consistently that amazing. :(

I'm down to play some more tonight when I get on.

All the naysayers to the Scar: The Scar is better than the Tar because it looks cooler.

M16 vs. Famas: M16 wins for making a cooler noise.

Really, the differences between the two aren't that noticeable, at least for me. So, I go to the cooler looking and better sounding gun. The Famas just makes a weak noise.

Also, as I steadily raise my sensitivity, I realize I'm getting more headshots. Whether or not they're related, I'm not sure, I've just noticed a large increase in headshot counts when I raised it. I'm at 6 now.

Fletch

Smash Master
Speaking of Hardcore, I hear that the Masterkey is beast in it. Is that true? I don't like HC and I rarely play it, but in the few instances I have literally everyone uses UMP haha.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Fletch, I need some FAL tips. I love the gun and all. But close range is really ****ing me, like crazy. It's really slow upon aim trailing. So it's like, super boned once someone is shooting at you with an SMG. Help.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Either go with the shotgun attachment or get Akimbo G18s.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
naw. akimbo raffica's can be pulled out as fast as pistols.
too good.

also, look up the damage and stuff. with a red dot, raffica's like a mini famas. lol

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The Raffica is the product of the M16 and FAMAS if both of them mated.

S

smash brawl player 99021

The Masterkey has a lot of range and fires very quick for a shotgun, but it's weak. I'm assuming the lower health in hardcore would make it pretty amazing.
I've seen someone get a kill on Underpass with it in Hcore Search. Was on the bridge where A should be in domination, and got a guy all the way to the left (towards the route to B sort of..) Yeah. I know TranZworld uses FAL with ACOG and Shotgun attachement.

@BKP: Grip affects the accuracy of shotguns.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
How 'bout the game for the source? Increases accuracy by 100%, I think.

Fun Mike Meyers they other day. Oh, and Icy, you have to stop falling off Highrise. XD

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'd like some confirmation. Possibly a video or article. Define "accuracy" because every gun is 100% accurate in the direction you shoot.

Fletch

Smash Master
Fletch, I need some FAL tips. I love the gun and all. But close range is really ****ing me, like crazy. It's really slow upon aim trailing. So it's like, super boned once someone is shooting at you with an SMG. Help.
Either go with the shotgun attachment or get Akimbo G18s.
Literally took the words right out of my mouth. I hear a lot of people love blinging HoloFAL with the shotgun attachment and they have that work really well for them. I just personally hate the attachment, so I go with my G18s, although the Rafficas are probably better due to quicker switch time. The G18s are my favorite guns in the game though so I go with them, just so ******.

Fletch

Smash Master

Fun Mike Meyers they other day. Oh, and Icy, you have to stop falling off Highrise. XD
I'd like some confirmation. Possibly a video or article. Define "accuracy" because every gun is 100% accurate in the direction you shoot.
"Many people believe that using a grip on a shotgun makes the weapon more accurate and have a tighter spread. This is untrue as all the grip does is reduce recoil which usually leads skilled players to believe it is a wasted attachment as the player can adjust for the recoil quite easily on most shotguns."

"Define "accuracy" because every gun is 100% accurate in the direction you shoot" is also very true.

S

smash brawl player 99021

That was stupid D: We said once "No going up on the crane, dammit." Then everyone headed up there.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Icy needs to work on his balance. :laugh:
I've started playing on a sensitivity of 10. Not my fault I always rush after everyone! Someone in a TDM game on Highrise saw my calling in my Care Package in the little cage down the side. He kills me and ends up falling off xD

And I've just heard from people that using Steady Aim and Stopping Power+SPAS With Grip affects accuracy somehow.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
FAMAS can kiss my ***.

M16A4 is where it's at.

Also Scar is not the best hardcore gun,the Aug H-Bar is.One hit kill at ANY distance.
Glad to see another member here who uses the M16A4 over the FAMAS. :)

Fletch

Smash Master
Do we have enough PS3 players here to get a big ground war team? I want to get a nice solid group and go all OMA noob tubes and see how it works out.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Do we have enough PS3 players here to get a big ground war team? I want to get a nice solid group and go all OMA noob tubes and see how it works out.
I play ps3, but I don't have One Man Army yet. :(

I'm at 37 now, and I can't wait to use the M16 at 40. I've gotten a ,lot of kills with it on a friend's system.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Look at the first post, those are the members here on SWF who play MW2 on the PS3. It's catching up to us 360 players.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Is the raffica the best side arm for a sniper? I thought it was a shotgun or a PP2000.

EDIT: Modern Warfare 2 'Stimulus Package' sells over 2.5M units in a week.......................

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/07/modern-warfare-2-stimulus-package-sells-over-2-5m-units-in-a-w/

Activision announced today that the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 "Stimulus Package" set a new Xbox Live record -- clearly, mapathy had set in. According to Microsoft's figures, the DLC pack was downloaded over one million times in 24 hours, surpassing 2.5 million units within a week. All at $15 a pop.

:O

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Well now... There's me, cyan, Icy (not really), Werekill, MK26, Babyeater (he doesn't really post here) erruh... there has to be others, but I don't remember.
Me (for PS3 player list). I'm just xAvarice___ (3 underscores)

And I'm getting better. 5/7/9 killstreak seems to work really well for me — I got 30-7 on Favela with my stealth/rush class (UMP45silenced+marathon/CBpro/ninjapro), which is the best I've done on a non-sniping class.

What all influences how fast you swap weapons? Is it just the secondary weapon you have? My secondary for my Intervention class is a Spas, and while I like it, my god it takes forever to swap, and I've gotten killed / missed opportunities because of the time. What's the fastest shotgun to swap to (or are they all slow)?

Top Bottom