• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I still prefer the spas as my fav shotgun. But akimbo rangers aren't bad. I mean, I tried the M10 and didn't really like it much..

Also, what would you guys prefer: akimbo G18's or akimbo rafficas?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
And I've just heard from people that using Steady Aim and Stopping Power+SPAS With Grip affects accuracy somehow.
i wanna hear more about this.

akimbo rangers are nice but the range is terribad.

i've been using the aa12 at close ranges because i'm a scrub and it's easy as balls to use.
super fast fire rate, but i usually use it as a regular shotty and only fire once or twice per enemy.

and fletch, i'm on ps3 also, but i don't have oma yet this perstige. i got scavenger, though. hehe

Fletch

Smash Master
I like the Raffica because it comes out quicker than shotguns or the PP2000. I also use the G18 Akimbo, but the Raffica tend to work better with Snipers.
This, although the akimbo G18s are way more fun. Stupid M93s are treated as pistols though, and thus have the fastest raise/drop time in the game. Why the G18s didn't get this treatment too is beyond me. I *think* you can bring them up in the same amount of time, but that the G18s suffer a bit more time to switch back. This could be the other way around though, I can't remember.

What all influences how fast you swap weapons? Is it just the secondary weapon you have? My secondary for my Intervention class is a Spas, and while I like it, my god it takes forever to swap, and I've gotten killed / missed opportunities because of the time. What's the fastest shotgun to swap to (or are they all slow)?
There's a raise time and drop time for each individual weapon. Rangers are fastest by quite a bit, then 1887s. The rest are pretty slow, with SPAS being the worst.

Now whoever wants to do noob tube team add me on PSN, name "ClownMafia"

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
If you want a shotgun that does what it's supposed to do, the akimbo rangers are the best hands down. They have basically the same range as an AA12, even so, the AA12 takes a ton of hits to kill at long distance, and the spas isn't going to guarantee you the kill like the rangers. You can spray the rangers if you get in a tight spot, and unless you really can't aim you shouldn't miss :p The spas is fun to run around with though

Fletch

Smash Master
If you want a shotgun that does what it's supposed to do, the akimbo rangers are the best hands down. They have basically the same range as an AA12, even so, the AA12 takes a ton of hits to kill at long distance, and the spas isn't going to guarantee you the kill like the rangers. You can spray the rangers if you get in a tight spot, and unless you really can't aim you shouldn't miss :p The spas is fun to run around with though
Both of them have horrible range, so that's kind of a moot point. The Rangers have only about half the range of the SPAS, and nowhere near the range of the Masterkey, although I do agree they are BEAST up close. I do like the Rangers, just not a shotgun person myself.

Fletch

Smash Master
I added a bunch of you guys, you're welcome to play some ground war with me if you want. I'm going for nukes and tubing so I might not be too fun today.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Both of them have horrible range, so that's kind of a moot point. The Rangers have only about half the range of the SPAS, and nowhere near the range of the Masterkey, although I do agree they are BEAST up close. I do like the Rangers, just not a shotgun person myself.
Yeah, you pretty much got it. If you put marathon and lightweight on them though it's really good to use with a UMP.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
AA12 with Extended Mags has always been my favorite shotgun for quite some time. Without Extended Mags, it.... isn't too great. Allows you to take out a lot of people quickly, I've gotten two or three triples because of it.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
If you're using a secondary as a primary, the Akimbo G18 is probably the best thing besides a shotgun. Even then, it's mad close. Akimbo Rafficas are the best secondary for a Sniper, because of their ability to clear a room. Although the Akimbo G18 or AA-12 Ext. Mag do this much better, what makes the Rafficas the best choice is how absurdly fast they swap compared to every other secondary except handguns. In my opinion the Akimbo Rafficas are deadly and are unparalleled as a Sniper's secondary.

Insta-EDIT: Wow, this was already pretty much completely covered. I need to refresh before posting...

EDIT: Fletch, I might be on this weekend or MAYBE tomorrow.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well I got a double kill with the FAL Shotgun attatchment. Good results. Then I shot a guy four times from a bit of distance and he turned around and hit me in a one shot kill.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
As a sniper, I find handguns to be the best secondary. I'd take a USP .45 w/ Extended Mags over Akimbo Rafficas any day.,

Fletch

Smash Master
@ Fletch: Next time just edit your first post, no need to triple post.
Sorry, I usually like to post like that in here to bump or address different topics.

As a sniper, I find handguns to be the best secondary. I'd take a USP .45 w/ Extended Mags over Akimbo Rafficas any day.,
Care to elaborate? I don't really get why people use pistols outside of tact knife.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Care to elaborate? I don't really get why people use pistols outside of tact knife.
One of the few advantages the pistols have over the MPs is the speed at which you can pull them out.

But you can NEVER go wrong with akimbo Rafficas. They have insane range on them and are easy one shot burst kills.

Fletch

Smash Master
One of the few advantages the pistols have over the MPs is the speed at which you can pull them out.

But you can NEVER go wrong with akimbo Rafficas. They have insane range on them and are easy one shot burst kills.
I'm aware of that, but the rafficas come out so fast that I really think its pointless to sacrifice that kind of power for something that doesn't really affect you too much.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I'm not re-starting any debate.

FAMAS has a better range of 2500-2900m the M16A4 has 1800-2200m

M16A4 has better reload. 1.12s loaded,2.44 unloaded. FAMAS is 2.2 loaded,2.6 unloaded.

Otherwise the guns are IDENTICAL in stats.

They really are pretty much the same gun.

I just find the M16A4's performance overall better(plus I hate the irons on the FAMAS,it takes up so much vision)

Seeing people before they see you is EVERYTHING in this game.....literally everything.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I love handguns, although I can admit the Rafficas are statistically better, handguns win in nostalgia and manliness. Classic.

The FAMAS is French, therefore the M16 wins.

/debate
This man speaks the truth!

The FAMAS is all like "Le Pew Pew Pew"

The M16 is all like "BANG BANG BANG"

M16 is clearly manlier.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I have Fall for my AT4.

Tranz and Icy saw, I got two headshots with it in Search and Destroy today.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I love handguns, although I can admit the Rafficas are statistically better, handguns win in nostalgia and manliness. Classic.

This man speaks the truth!

The FAMAS is all like "Le Pew Pew Pew"

The M16 is all like "BANG BANG BANG"

M16 is clearly manlier.
This post is full of win.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
rangers and aa12 are the best shotguns (imo) unless you're main hand is only good for long range. then maybe the spas would be good because it's range is so good.

"why would anyone use a pistol"
tac knife
raise time
DOUBLE DEAGZ KILL IN 2 SHOTS UP CLOSE WITHOUT STOPPING POWER YAYUHZZ

p.s. i was wondering who clownmafia was. i really sucked today. i'm so inconsistent at everything i do that it drives me mad.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If we're talking about the sound that guns make, either Shotgun attachment on any AR or the silenced P90 for best noise in the game.

Pikaville

HAHAHAHA!

Has anyone done the equipment glitch yet(the one where you fire your primary through your equipment)

I just got a game winning killcam where it looked like it gave 3 guys heart attacks with a tactical insertion.

This is too funny for post match reactions.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've seen and done it before, nothing special. You can't sprint so it's really not worth it.

Add me on Live, pikaville.

Ultimate Hyena

Pikaville

Will do man.

Hopefully you wont ignore me like Icee does.......

Oh ****! I just found an awesome place on Overgrown.....you know that yellow house beside the wooden bridge?

It holds a small but useful secret.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You walk along the fence to get above it? What?

Top Bottom