• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
When I use to play CODMW2/my PS3 I would just quickscope and trickscope with the Intervention w/Artic Camo in SnD(havent been on in over 3 months) . I basically find cod very inaccurate and fake. Plus rather then focus on teamwork your more of an individual unless teamed with friends.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
When/where/how did all of you guys get your first nuke?

I've never gotten a nuke... and I probably never will. :urg::urg::urg:I :urg:just :urg:can't :urg:camp...:urg::urg::urg:
Find a good camping spot, cut off your left analog stick so you can only aim and shoot but not move, then proceed to get your nuke.

S

smash brawl player 99021

When/where/how did all of you guys get your first nuke?

I've never gotten a nuke... and I probably never will. :urg::urg::urg:I :urg:just :urg:can't :urg:camp...:urg::urg::urg:
My first one was on Afghan, after previously being denied a Nuke there earlier with TRG. One kill away, and I got random fragged by a guy with painkiller. Later that day, I was on Afghan again with a AC130 instead of CG, and I got it a lot easier :l

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I can't remember my first nuke. I've only had 6 in total. 2 on one prestige, and 4 on the current. One more for my 5 nuke title, and them I can go on and prestige again. I want extra classes.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
The thing is, when I try to camp. I suck terrible at it. The same person will come back and kill me. And I'll end up getting like a 3 kill streak.

The closest I've ever gotten to a nuke was camping on estate using a thermal scope sniping. And I didn't even have the nuke on...

I had 5/7/9

S

smash brawl player 99021

The thing is, when I try to camp. I suck terrible at it. The same person will come back and kill me. And I'll end up getting like a 3 kill streak.

The closest I've ever gotten to a nuke was camping on estate using a thermal scope sniping. And I didn't even have the nuke on...

I had 5/7/9
I'd use a Silenced Frenchmas/M16 with a Silencer and...

Scavenger
Stopping Power/CB
Ninja

And camp in a high-traffic area, I guess. I.e, The House in Estate during a Domination match, and whenever you hear "Losing Alpha!" Kill the guys, and just continue with that.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I got my first one swapping between OMA M16 and OMA ACR Silenced. I also did it without Chopper Gunner/AC130.

Here are a few tips I can give you:
7/11/25 is the best killstreak setup you can probably use to get a nuke. I'd also recommend using a Sniper or silenced Assault Rifle. Never run into the middle of a map, it'll get you killed easily. Stay on the perimeters of the map. Use Scavenger Pro and Claymores (Assault rifles, SoH only for Snipers) use them to protect your flank. Take your time and continue slowly around the map. STAY AWAY from choke points, but feel free to pick people of from a distance who are running around. A good perk setup would be Scav(SoH for sniping)/SP/Ninja. There's so much I could say as tips, but I'm lazy. Good luck in your attempt for a nuke, CA5H.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Ya, alright. Thanks guys.

It's just aggravating to see everyone else getting nukes except me. I saw that 30 second nuke. Jesus, I didn't even know that was possible, haha.

EDIT: Should I use the AC130 or Chopper Gunner?

S

smash brawl player 99021

Actually, I would know. I know that you've gotten a few nukes on your PS3 account, not on the 360.
You would not know. I've gotten about 5 nukes on my Xbox, and 3 on my PS3. I have Global ThermoNuclear War title, I've just prestiged and never bothered to go for the Emblem/End of Line. Don't make assumptions over something you know nothing about.

@Cash, don't worry about not getting a Nuke. You'll get there sometime. There's still a lot of people that haven't gotten one.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You would not know. I've gotten about 5 nukes on my Xbox, and 3 on my PS3. I have Global ThermoNuclear War title, I've just prestiged and never bothered to go for the Emblem/End of Line. Don't make assumptions over something you know nothing about.

@Cash, don't worry about not getting a Nuke. You'll get there sometime. There's still a lot of people that haven't gotten one.
I meant getting one legitly.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I meant getting one legitly.
You wouldn't know about that either. I've never liked Nuke Boosting. I've always gone out of my way to kill anyone Nuke boosting. I'm curious, how many nukes have you gotten? Exactly.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You wouldn't know about that either. I've never liked Nuke Boosting. I've always gone out of my way to kill anyone Nuke boosting. I'm curious, how many nukes have you gotten? Exactly.
Honestly nukes don't reflect skill. K/D does.

Not trying to tip an argument here. Just sayin.

S

smash brawl player 99021

It's not like I care, I really only play Search and Destroy nowadays. But if you still wanna argue about it, my killstreak is 33. That's a good estimate of getting the Nuke, then detonating it. But go ahead and deny it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
KD doesnt reflect my skill since I started playing FPSs with MW2. I advanced pretty quickly, but I'm still sub par.

Fletch

Smash Master
Ya, alright. Thanks guys.

It's just aggravating to see everyone else getting nukes except me. I saw that 30 second nuke. Jesus, I didn't even know that was possible, haha.

EDIT: Should I use the AC130 or Chopper Gunner?
Honestly, the AC130 is probably better overall, but I really find CG to be better for nukes when you get those nice games when no one shoots you down. I got 18 kills with one earlier when I spawn trapped the opposing team.

Honestly nukes don't reflect skill. K/D does.

Not trying to tip an argument here. Just sayin.
Eh K/D doesn't really reflect that much either really. Mine is pretty good, and I would not consider myself to be anything special. The best player in my clan only had around a 1.44 k/d, but he led in score for every game type we played and was always the reason we won (he also has 25 days of play time logged, which is ridiculous).

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sounds like one of my friends. He's got like a 1.59, iirc, and 22 days of gameplay.

S

smash brawl player 99021

None yet but I know that you probably boosted for those nukes.
Ha, with my patience? Not. And how did I produce two pictures of my nukes? One on Afghan, and the other on Estate. Remember those?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I usually score 5 kills when I use a Stealth Bomber.
You sir, are amazing.

I use the TAR or ACR Silenced on wasteland on any gametype besides search, and I rush on Search, because nobody expects it.
Rushing on Search is pro.

Icy, I didn't know you only played Search. It's like, the only objective type I don't mind. Next time we play, let's do Search.

Icy and F8AL, you should stop *****ing at each other and go play more MW2.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
My K/D at it's peak was 1.71.

It's now 1.45. I try to have fun, I took off the try-hard panties and replaced them with fun boxers. Now I have a good time. I'm using the Riot Shield a lot more and I can honestly say that it's my favorite weapon in the game. I do a lot better with a Riot Shield than I do with a gun.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
That's weird because I LOVE wasteland.

I always destroy Snipers with the holy,blazing glory that is the M16.........and of course the chopper gunner.

If they miss the 1 shot,go prone then pop up and shoot them in the face

S

smash brawl player 99021

You sir, are amazing.

Rushing on Search is pro.

Icy, I didn't know you only played Search. It's like, the only objective type I don't mind. Next time we play, let's do Search.

Icy and F8AL, you should stop *****ing at each other and go play more MW2.
Oh heck yeah. I spend most of my time playing Search :D Gotta love dem Riot Shields/At4/C4/Scav/Danger Close/Commando xD
Hey Connor since I won't catch you at school, and here for all your friends in this thread too.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html

5th Gen PokeMAN
It'd be good if it weren't all in ANOTHER LANGUAGE xP

Fight for the Famas! The FAMAS has a slower reload than the M16A4, but its damage does not drop off until slightly further and it has less recoil. This difference in damage makes the FAMAS slightly better than the M16A4 at medium range.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Icy it doesn't matter, the M16 and FAMAS are both snipers. They kill with one press of the right trigger.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! :mad:

My sister took my CoD by accident on Tuesday.She came back up today saying she would bring it.I rang her literally 5 mins before she left her BF's house to remind her.

Guess what?

She forgot it.....

Mad I don't think Ill be able to show you the spot today.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! :mad:

My sister took my CoD by accident on Tuesday.She came back up today saying she would bring it.I rang her literally 5 mins before she left her BF's house to remind her.

Guess what?

She forgot it.....

Mad I don't think Ill be able to show you the spot today.
GO GET IT YOU CAN DO IT MAN I HAVE FAITH IN YOU AUGHGHGHGHGHGHKAJBKLKSZDHR <c

Fletch

Smash Master
None yet but I know that you probably boosted for those nukes.
Ha, with my patience? Not. And how did I produce two pictures of my nukes? One on Afghan, and the other on Estate. Remember those?
After playing with Icy, I can confirm that he camps plenty hard enough to get tons of nukes :laugh:.

It's now 1.45. I try to have fun, I took off the try-hard panties and replaced them with fun boxers. Now I have a good time. I'm using the Riot Shield a lot more and I can honestly say that it's my favorite weapon in the game. I do a lot better with a Riot Shield than I do with a gun.
My goal was to get to 2, and after that, I really didn't care. I'm back down to 1.75 now and just having fun, the game is a lot better when you don't worry about k/d.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I found the key to doing well with them in H-Core Search, too. Camp in the spawn once your team gets eliminated. Works like a charm.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
My K/D sucks, I wish I could start over without making a new ****ing account.

But as of right now it's 1.20

I'm going to get it to 1.50 then stop caring.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I'm gonna play this game on steam this weekend and if I like it I might buy it on the PS3.

Top Bottom