• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Not to jump in here at a time where stuff's already passed but i've been in a game where icy got a nuke.

just sayin'.

*Backs into the shadows*

Also, riot shielding is the best <3 Mad Icy and Xanthan

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Riot Shielding in Search on Salvage is the best. I did it with a friend of mine, we wrecked the other team so hard. The two of us basically planted all the bombs and defused them all ourselves. It was godlike.

G U R U

Smash Lord
Ya, alright. Thanks guys.

It's just aggravating to see everyone else getting nukes except me. I saw that 30 second nuke. Jesus, I didn't even know that was possible, haha.

EDIT: Should I use the AC130 or Chopper Gunner?
haha I just watched that vid. So pro.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Chopper gunner. You can get more kills than an AC-130 on most levels. Plus, you can just hold down the RT and spray their spawn point since they will all spawn area over and over again.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
My KD when I started was around 0.5.(I had around 2000 kills to 4000 deaths)Then I got pretty good and have boosted it to 1.38.

I wanna get to 2.0.

I'm pretty obsessed with going positive.When I go even I'm still pretty enraged with myself.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Public Service Announcement: Danger Close Pro + Attack Helicopter is deadly stuff. And NOBODY shoots it down. It's like a Pave Low that requires two less kills, and is shot down in one Stinger. Still beastly though. It got me 8 kills from one today when playing at my friend's house.

My KD peaked at 3.03, but then plummeted when I stopped acting like a tryhard. I think it's like 1.2 now.

Fletch

Smash Master
Public Service Announcement: Danger Close Pro + Attack Helicopter is deadly stuff. And NOBODY shoots it down. It's like a Pave Low that requires two less kills, and is shot down in one Stinger. Still beastly though. It got me 8 kills from one today when playing at my friend's house.
I tried this, and it still sucks for me. I can never kill anyone with this stupid KS, and it will be the only KS I'll never get the emblem for.

Anyone want to play a little bit before I head out? I'll be on starting now.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Basically hide and seek. One guy is Mike Myers, the rest are runners/hiders. No one can use guns, and Mike Myers can only knife. The rest can't do anything, only run or hide. You can only knife if you are the last runner, and if you kill Myers you become the new Mike Myers.

No special grenades, shooting, and some people let Myers use throwing knife, some don't. No killstreaks either.

oh yeah, and it's search and destroy private match

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
On the subject of nukes, I'm not sure whether I'm quite good enough to get it. Wasteland's always been one of my favourite maps (thermal MG4 ftw), and I can regularly go over thirty kills on it with a 5/7/11 setup. I'm fairly confident that I can get to a Harrier without the help of a Predator, but the Tac Nuke seems a little... out of reach. If what Fletch has been complaining about recently getting a nuke is utterly infuriating, then maybe I shouldn't.

Who the hell is Mike Myers? Not what, who.

Fletch

Smash Master
On the subject of nukes, I'm not sure whether I'm quite good enough to get it. Wasteland's always been one of my favourite maps (thermal MG4 ftw), and I can regularly go over thirty kills on it with a 5/7/11 setup. I'm fairly confident that I can get to a Harrier without the help of a Predator, but the Tac Nuke seems a little... out of reach. If what Fletch has been complaining about recently getting a nuke is utterly infuriating, then maybe I shouldn't.

Who the hell is Mike Myers? Not what, who.
Mike Myers is the killer from Halloween. As for getting a nuke, if you can get to a 7 KS, you can get a nuke. Just turn on 7/11/25, go into ground war, get your harriers and hope the other team doesn't shoot it down. Then use your CG, spawn trap the other team, and you have a nuke. Just takes a little luck.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Nice video. The rhyming scheme used there is really likeable and creative. That's a hell of a lot of 'ee' words.

I suppose I'll have to put that nuke on hold for now. My brother fricken prestiged behind my back and I lost my precious Interdictor class... :cry: Luckily you unlock those weapons fairly early, so hopefully I'll have the class more or less as it was before I prestiged soon enough.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Basically hide and seek. One guy is Mike Myers, the rest are runners/hiders. No one can use guns, and Mike Myers can only knife. The rest can't do anything, only run or hide. You can only knife if you are the last runner, and if you kill Myers you become the new Mike Myers.

No special grenades, shooting, and some people let Myers use throwing knife, some don't. No killstreaks either.

oh yeah, and it's search and destroy private match
I thought the first person Michael Myers shanks becomes the next one? :confused:

EDIT:

Modern Warfare 3 In Development (Countersuit says third title is in "pre-production.")

http://pc.ign.com/articles/108/1082949p1.html

S

smash brawl player 99021

Guys are kinda quiet tonight... do I need to spark another FAMAS vs. M16/Intervention Vs. .50 Cal war again?

Fletch

Smash Master
Guys are kinda quiet tonight... do I need to spark another FAMAS vs. M16/Intervention Vs. .50 Cal war again?
I'm back, and too addicted to this thread. I forgot to mention before that the .50 Cal has both a shorter drop and raise time than the Intervention (including about half the drop time, which is RIDICULOUS on the Intervention). Just another reason that the Intervention is the most useless gun in the game.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hey guys the Intervention is the best gun in the game.

Only second to the Riot Shield.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
We've been through the first one already.

FAMAS <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< MAN16.

Those two Snipers are all so similar it doesn't really matter, so let's not start that again. Seriously, the MAJORITY of the time, having an Intervention or a Barrett does not matter. Only occasionally will the difference make or break you.

Fletch

Smash Master
We've been through the first one already.

FAMAS <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< MAN16.

Those two Snipers are all so similar it doesn't really matter, so let's not start that again. Seriously, the MAJORITY of the time, having an Intervention or a Barrett does not matter. Only occasionally will the difference make or break you.
You probably use the Intervention. The Barrett is so much better, it isn't even close.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I've used the Intervention enough to finish the Veteran AND Master challenges for it. I've also completed Veteran and Master II for the Barrett. I get Fall for it everytime before prestiging. The only thing I have to say, is that I feel nearly NO difference, whatsoever. I never think "Wow, I wouldn't have made that if I were using the Intervention!" In fact, when I first switched to the Barrett, I performed WORSE than I did with the Intervention.

For absolute top of the metagame play, sure, use the Barrett. But since all of us here are merely public game players, it doesn't matter, ever.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
A friend invited me to a lobby and whenever I killed them, they kept yelling "ULTIMATE HYENA STOP HARDSCOPING OMG" <c

They said that if you see the crosshairs it's a hardscope. I was not aware of this, they want me to do something that isn't effective.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
They would say the same if you were to quickscope.

Either methods are effective kill tactics, one is just more . . . dangerous (QS). I never try it cause I don't know how, and I don't hope I kill, I make certain I do, therefore Hardscoping FTW.

You could tell the man to do something about it if he doesn't like it.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I always thought that hardscoping was sitting still with the scope up, holding your breath no matter how close you are to someone.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, I guess we're all making assumptions.

I was fairly certain hardscoping was the act of sitting there looking down your scope waiting for the enemy (What a sniper is supposed to do).

That's what I thought that meant.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No, pretty sure the Riot Shield is the best weapon. Throwing knife is equipment, pal.

Edit: Just won a Free For All with the Riot Shield. Got three doubles and a triple kill. 30-7. I'm really happy, incredible game.

Edit 2: Funniest 1v3 clutch just now. pikaville and I were playing Search, I was last man standing, I get a double kill with an RPG and C4 **** some guy that tried to snipe me.

Top Bottom