• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
F8AL said:
Xbox LIVE Gamertags:

:mad: :: Ultimate Hyena
F8AL :: II F8AL II
The Real Gamer :: TEH 4pp1e SEED
ODIN :: Big Boss 0DIN
Grunt :: The Fear Bros
o-Serin-o :: xSerinx
Xanthan597 :: Master Xanthan
Deltacod :: Deltacod
omis :: jmshdmn
Icydeath :: xIcee
Zero Beat :: xZero Beatx
smashman90 :: JHaas90
TigerWoods :: Arcturus Stream
Xanthan597 :: Master Xanthan
Tranzworld :: TranZworld
GreenFox :: Zoob man
smash superstar :: rep217folife
pikaville :: Tornado Aido
BanjoKazooiePro :: Devastation170
Charizard92 :: Gray Wolf1992
Ophy :: mileyfan2436
CA5H :: D3thbySt3lth
emilywaves :: emilywaves
Xianglian :: Temari25
SnackAttack :: vI Snack Iv

PSNs:

Ozz :: Usman_A
cyan_ :: TdotThai
Icydeath :: MrXBrightside
Lobos :: obos12
BelgianWaffle :: RhinoMuffin
Blu3r :: the_turtl
AnDaLe :: ANDLE7
Werekill :: WerekillV
Fletch :: ClownMafia
Colonel Cuddles :: Elitezer
LumpyCPU... :: SweepsX
xLeafybug =D :: NiightShade-
MK26 :: NestiXXVI
BABYEATER :: BABYEATER18
AvaricePanda :: xAvarice___
Check it, Anti.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Ok put my crew down

Anti - SacredWhip
UltimateRazer - Grim_Turtle
SilverDoc - bumbaclottt

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I am freaking out.

Played some Search today with my friend Jon.

1v6 Riot Shield clutch.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Well, I guess we're all making assumptions.

I was fairly certain hardscoping was the act of sitting there looking down your scope waiting for the enemy (What a sniper is supposed to do).

That's what I thought that meant.
I thought that was what bad snipers did, since that really restricts their vision. I usually just look around and scope in when I think I see someone. It saves me a lot of deaths. Of course, there are those exceptions where you're watching the only entrance to a place, but in general I feel you shouldn't say scoped long ever if you're looking for a target.

Mad, stop being so pro with the Riot Shield. Teach me your secrets, shotguns and knives own me for some reason.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well I killed myself with an RPG twice because they're so inaccurate and that made up for it.

Shotguns are easy, people that knife aren't. Most of my kills are from C4. Set some up, sit by it, detonate, kill.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Opinions on akimbo vectors, and akimbo rafficas?
Akimbo Rafficas are good.

I've used Akimbo Vectors, and personally I'd just stick with one. You'll win everything at close range, but shotguns will beat you. You're also very screwed outside of very close range, so it's not worth using. Just use Rapid Fire if you really want a lot of bullets out there.

Well I killed myself with an RPG twice because they're so inaccurate and that made up for it.

Shotguns are easy, people that knife aren't. Most of my kills are from C4. Set some up, sit by it, detonate, kill.
I dunno, shotgunners always somehow get me. I've literally had someone with a shotgun shoot me through the shield, despite me pointing it right at him. I even watched the killcam and I shouldn't have died. :urg:

Fletch

Smash Master
I've used the Intervention enough to finish the Veteran AND Master challenges for it. I've also completed Veteran and Master II for the Barrett. I get Fall for it everytime before prestiging. The only thing I have to say, is that I feel nearly NO difference, whatsoever. I never think "Wow, I wouldn't have made that if I were using the Intervention!" In fact, when I first switched to the Barrett, I performed WORSE than I did with the Intervention.

For absolute top of the metagame play, sure, use the Barrett. But since all of us here are merely public game players, it doesn't matter, ever.
This just doesn't make any sense. Starting out on maps like Estate, where you can rush right away to where the other team is coming out, you can scope and immediately pick off a couple of enemies. Would you rather do this with a gun that is bolt action and only holds 5 rounds, or a gun that has consistent recoil, twice as many rounds, and allows you to take down multiple enemies in a row? If you get rushed, would you rather be holding the rifle that takes twice as long to switch off of or the Barrett? There's literally no reason to ever use this gun, I think it is without a doubt the worst gun in the game since there is NEVER a reason to ever use it.

65 RPM versus 600 RPM with same multipliers, better recoil on the Barrett, better sights (opinion though), double the clip size and ammo reserves, lower raise and drop time on the Barrett... The Intervention is the worst gun in the game.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The Intervention is a pretty good gun. Seriously Fletch you take stats to heart, a lot of people are successful with the Intervention. Deltacod and I, for example. Icy's becoming somewhat of a prodigy and The Dinko was good as well. There's just something about the Barrett that doesn't work for me. The Intervention is by far the most used sniper online. The blame for this can go back to competitive sniping clans that set up some unwritted rules.

Back in Call of Duty 2 and CoD4, sniping became very popular after OpTic gaming started posting videos. They established themselves as one of the best teams out there. They invented this new playstyle, quickscoping was not very popular until the vets first played. The M40A3 essentially started it all. People began recording their gameplay and uploading montages. You will see dozens and dozens of montages with the M40 as the main attraction. Why? Because the trend started and showed no signs of stopping. Bolt-actions are now dominant because quite frankly, everything else is just training wheels. Now, it's a standard that any sniper needs to have a bolt action. In MW2, it's always SoH, SP, Ninja. No Steady Aim as it defies some unwritted rule. Hardscoping is now frowned upon and to most, the name "hardscope" is considered bad when it really isn't.

Just a small history lesson. I'm just saying, the Barrett may be better in your eyes, but not everyone sees it your way. It's a comfort thing. It might even be about nostalgia.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
This just doesn't make any sense. Starting out on maps like Estate, where you can rush right away to where the other team is coming out, you can scope and immediately pick off a couple of enemies. Would you rather do this with a gun that is bolt action and only holds 5 rounds, or a gun that has consistent recoil, twice as many rounds, and allows you to take down multiple enemies in a row? If you get rushed, would you rather be holding the rifle that takes twice as long to switch off of or the Barrett? There's literally no reason to ever use this gun, I think it is without a doubt the worst gun in the game since there is NEVER a reason to ever use it.

65 RPM versus 600 RPM with same multipliers, better recoil on the Barrett, better sights (opinion though), double the clip size and ammo reserves, lower raise and drop time on the Barrett... The Intervention is the worst gun in the game.
It wouldn't matter which I do it with, since regardless of which one I use, I'll be shooting at about the same rate. The bolt action of the Intervention FORCES you to allow your recoil to end before taking another shot, the Barrett doesn't. However, due to the recoil, you can't just take two shots immediately, or your second will go way off target. You have to wait and retarget before firing again. Furthermore, the distance of the targets at the beginning rush of Estate makes taking very rapid shots impractical, as the targets are small. Then take into account that you're just as much under fire as they are, and you need to move quickly and not miss. The ROF for the Barrett is not very useful in this situation.

If I'm being rushed, sure, I'll take the Barrett. However, in most cases, I'll have a Claymore set up to hide behind, a wall or some form of cover giving me enough time to pull out my sidearm, flashes, and if I really need, Commando. (inb4Icy)

I just tested the ADS time and the switch time for both of them (switching to a USP Silenced). The ADS time for the Intervention is slightly slower than the Barrett, it felt to me, but not enough to actually matter imo. They felt the exact same when switching to my handgun. There's not much difference here. Mag size rarely matters for a Sniper unless you get rushed and need to blast it off hipfiring or something. Ammo reserves do matter, but 20 potential OHKs for the Intervention is fine (No Scav Pro). Assuming you only hit with half of them, that's 10 kills, then add in your Equipment kills, potential secondary kills, knife kills, Killstreaks, etc. The ammo given to you in the Intervention is sufficient.

The Barrett may have a potential ROF of 600RPM, but how fast are you actually firing the thing? Maybe a bit faster than the Intervention if you're legitimately sniping.

I'm well aware that the Barrett is better in every way than the Intervention. I'm just saying that the differences rarely matter.

Edit for Mad's post: I'm having the same success with the Barrett, although when I first began using it, I felt like I was missing shots due to the sights or something. I got over it quickly.

Also, Steady Aim is bad for Snipers, imo. Never need to hold your breath for 9 seconds.

Fletch

Smash Master
The Intervention is a pretty good gun. Seriously Fletch you take stats to heart, a lot of people are successful with the Intervention. Deltacod and I, for example. Icy's becoming somewhat of a prodigy and The Dinko was good as well. There's just something about the Barrett that doesn't work for me. The Intervention is by far the most used sniper online. The blame for this can go back to competitive sniping clans that set up some unwritted rules.
I know that it is one of the most used, if not most used sniper rifles online, but there's just no reason for it.

Using Smash as an example, if we took Fox, gave all his aerials double the lag time, slowed him down, and made his lasers take twice as long to come out, would you ever use that character over Fox competitively? Just because you can be successful with something that is worse doesn't mean that it isn't a bad gun. It just doesn't make any sense to use an inferior weapon like that competitively, but if it works for you, that's fine, as long as you're not one of those people that is arguing that the Intervention is even in the same league as the .50 Cal. And you can keep using the Intervention, and I'll just keep destroying with the .50 Cal:laugh:

Fletch

Smash Master
I just tested the ADS time and the switch time for both of them (switching to a USP Silenced). The ADS time for the Intervention is slightly slower than the Barrett, it felt to me, but not enough to actually matter imo. They felt the exact same when switching to my handgun. There's not much difference here. Mag size rarely matters for a Sniper unless you get rushed and need to blast it off hipfiring or something. Ammo reserves do matter, but 20 potential OHKs for the Intervention is fine (No Scav Pro). Assuming you only hit with half of them, that's 10 kills, then add in your Equipment kills, potential secondary kills, knife kills, Killstreaks, etc. The ammo given to you in the Intervention is sufficient.

The Barrett may have a potential ROF of 600RPM, but how fast are you actually firing the thing? Maybe a bit faster than the Intervention if you're legitimately sniping.

I'm well aware that the Barrett is better in every way than the Intervention. I'm just saying that the differences rarely matter.
The ADS for the Intervention is 1.1 versus 1.0 on the Barrett. Not that big of a difference, but definitely noticeable. As far as 20 potential OHKs, that is not very good. I've had streaks while sniping (albeit not often) where I run out of ammo with the Barrett, so I can only imagine it being twice as bad as that, and I don't want to be forced to use scav on a sniper class. You didn't address the drop time either, that can be the difference between life or death if you ever get rushed as dropping the Intervention takes FOREVER. And for the fire rate, I've actually had kill within the recoil of the Barrett. Not that practical, but with its set recoil, it's very possible to get double kills within the recoil, and then be immediately ready for another kill. As long as you don't argue Intervention > Barrett or even equal, then its ok, I just hate when people try to argue that the Intervention > Barrett when it is clearly not the case.

S

smash brawl player 99021

what?

Should be on later gaiz.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
The drop time did feel slower, but I couldn't read the difference on them well.

I believe the Barrett only has 30 rounds without Scavenger, only 10 more than the Intervention. It wouldn't be THAT bad. :laugh:

Also, you don't take into account preference. Some people just cannot use the Barrett as well as they can use the Intervention. When I made the switch at first, my performance took a drop. Stats are useful, but sometimes preference takes priority.

Smash Analogy: I main Yoshi in Brawl. He's my best character by far, although he's vastly inferior to Meta Knight and I should never use him over MK. MK is statistically better in all cases so I should use him. However, if I were to use MK in a tournament instead of Yoshi, I would get last place. My MK is crap, I can't use him. I'm better off with the inferior character, Yoshi, than the superior, MK, merely due to preference.

Fletch

Smash Master
Smash Analogy: I main Yoshi in Brawl. He's my best character by far, although he's vastly inferior to Meta Knight and I should never use him over MK. MK is statistically better in all cases so I should use him. However, if I were to use MK in a tournament instead of Yoshi, I would get last place. My MK is crap, I can't use him. I'm better off with the inferior character, Yoshi, than the superior, MK, merely due to preference.
This isn't the same, because they have completely different characteristics (movesets, speed, grabs, throws, etc.). The Barrett and the Intervention are essentially exactly the same exact that its slower and has less ammo. So this would be like having MK and and MK with twice the lag and a limit on how often he can use his moves, in which case you'd never be better with that second character unless you had more play time with him or something along those lines.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
It kind of is similar. If you really wanted a more direct analogy, I could have used Olimar and Yoshi, since they're much more similar, and the situation is the same.

It's a mindset thing. It really can have nothing to do with the actual gun. There's never a reason to use a handgun over say, a Raffica, but I do anyways since I'm not as proficient with a Raffica.

Fletch

Smash Master
It's a mindset thing. It really can have nothing to do with the actual gun. There's never a reason to use a handgun over say, a Raffica, but I do anyways since I'm not as proficient with a Raffica.
Faster drop/raise time, tact knife, two hit kill at close range, etc... :laugh:
You could give me a reason to use any piece of equipment or weapon in the game outside of the Intervention, that gun just doesn't make sense.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Isn't the Raffica considered a handgun and has the same pull out time?

The Raffica is just a one trigger pull kill, and tact knife is never necessary. :laugh:

Use the F2000... Do it.

Fletch

Smash Master

The Raffica is just a one trigger pull kill, and tact knife is never necessary. :laugh:

Use the F2000... Do it.
The Raffica is considered a pistol in the sense that well, it really is one, and you can use it in Last Stand. It does not come out as fast as the pistols (.3 versus .6). I'm guessing you were sarcastic about tact knife, at least I hope you were :laugh:.

The F2K... ya this gun is horrible, probably the worst AR, but it's an easy gun to make an argument for. The raise and drop times are just mediocre on the gun, but with it out and at close range, you will beat a couple of the ARs (ACR, M4A1). Also, a lot of people actually like the crazy recoil, as it actually almost forces headshots if you hit the body and keep spraying. This gun, although it sucks, is not as bad as people say, it's just that all the ARs are kind of OP in the first place. It's really not horrible if you use it as an SMG... just other guns are better. I could see a reason for using this gun.

Any other ones?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
No, the Tact Knife really isn't ever that useful. I can knife even faster than a tact knife by canceling it with equipment and then a weapon change. Granted, you need a cancelable equipment for it (Semtex, Throwing Knife, Claymore, Tactical Insertion). Of course, the tact knife is really only good for taking out multiple enemies at once or if you miss, the regular knife works just fine.

Not never necessary, just not always necessary.

In other news, I finished Scar Veteran III and am onto the Tar.

Fletch

Smash Master
In other news, I finished Scar Veteran III and am onto the Tar.
I've been using the Scar this prestige, and after really loving it last time around, I really can't find myself doing as well with it than if I was using the TAR. The limited magazine has already killed me a couple of times, I really think ext. mags is a necessity on that gun. Maybe once I unlock that again, I'll feel differently.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm loving the UMP this prestige, it's awesome! Just need to finish getting marathon pro and lightweight pro then it's back to hardline/CB for me!

S

smash brawl player 99021

Use the F2000... Do it.
I used it last prestige for the lulz.

Expect me on soon, everyone.

soju

SD God
No, pretty sure the Riot Shield is the best weapon. Throwing knife is equipment, pal.

Edit: Just won a Free For All with the Riot Shield. Got three doubles and a triple kill. 30-7. I'm really happy, incredible game.

Edit 2: Funniest 1v3 clutch just now. pikaville and I were playing Search, I was last man standing, I get a double kill with an RPG and C4 **** some guy that tried to snipe me.
Man get three kills in a row with no ammo a stun grenade and a throwing knife but yep i guess its equipment =w=

S

smash brawl player 99021

Man get three kills in a row with no ammo a stun grenade and a throwing knife but yep i guess its equipment =w=
It is equipment. You could've easily done the same thing with a regular knife anyway.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I dunno, shotgunners always somehow get me. I've literally had someone with a shotgun shoot me through the shield, despite me pointing it right at him. I even watched the killcam and I shouldn't have died. :urg:
It's either lag or the gay hitboxes in this game. >_<

My kds is 0.51, it took me a while to get used to using a controller.

S

smash brawl player 99021

You got this Delta-Cod. You got this. C'mon bro, you got this. You got this ****. YOU GOT THIS DELTA-COD. C'MON BRO YOU GOT THIS DUDE. YOU GOT THIS DELTA COD.

*gets killed* ...You don't got this...

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Post your kds son

=)

I consider that rly good for me since I started off with 0.6 cause this was my first serious FPS on console.

but of course, kd isnt that important. not gonna lie tho, I really wanted it to rise when I first started

S

smash brawl player 99021

I believe we've gone over this plenty of times but...

360: 1.09 Because of Riot Shield lulzzz
Ps3: 1.28 I think? That's my never prestige try-hard account.

Top Bottom