• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
so? either way you pay for content, it's only on there to speed up the time it takes to release DLC which is better for business and no different for you.
Okay, you can go enjoy paying for stuff which is already on the game disc. I'll actually consider buying DLC if it's actually new and not an unlock code. :)

EDIT:

And the 'Stimulus package' map pack has been confirmed for $15 and will include 5 maps. (3 new, 2 old)

Modern Warfare 2 'Stimulus Package' costs $15

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/15/modern-warfare-2-stimulus-package-costs-15/

http://kotaku.com/5493218/modern-warfare-2-map-pack-also-features-ridiculous-price

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Wow, it's 1200 microsoft points?! That is a bit pricy, most of the Halo 3 map packs were 800 points. 1200 seems a bit too expensive. Though I'll probably end up downloading it anyway since I still want the 3 new maps(plus I don't mind 2 maps from CoD 4).

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Okay, you can go enjoy paying for stuff which is already on the game disc. I'll actually consider buying DLC if it's actually new and not an unlock code. :)
Is on the disc and completely unaccessible. You almost make it look like you're intent on sitting around doing nothing as everyone else plays their updated gametypes, just because it was already on the disc. Unless you're going to surprise us and hack it to make it playable? But that'll never happen, obviously.

Was Overkill really that bad, guys? It sounds pretty nasty if you went round carrying a sniper rifle and Vector all the time, which is decent for just about every range of combat you could face. :ohwell:

How does the game handle the differing mobilities of the guns, though?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Is on the disc and completely unaccessible. You almost make it look like you're intent on sitting around doing nothing as everyone else plays their updated gametypes, just because it was already on the disc. Unless you're going to surprise us and hack it to make it playable? But that'll never happen, obviously.

Was Overkill really that bad, guys? It sounds pretty nasty if you went round carrying a sniper rifle and Vector all the time, which is decent for just about every range of combat you could face. :ohwell:

How does the game handle the differing mobilities of the guns, though?
You're missing the point here. The point I'm trying to make is that we shouldn't have to pay for content which is already on the disc. This generation of video game consoles have brought the worse out of game companies. (i.e. Content is cut from the final version than resold to us via DLC, unlock codes, outrageous prices etc.)

I only buy DLC if it's worth it. (i.e. not already on the game disc, totally new etc.)

You represent the majority of gamers. It's people like you who continue to purchase/support this kind of stuff and this just encourages game companies to continue to do it.

Nothing can justify the $15 price tag for this map pack.

Yes. It was. The only reason you should use it is if you're playing a hardcore playlist. In core playlists, everyone used stopping power.

And the different mobilities of the guns go like this: (not 100% sure, correct me if I'm wrong)

Pistols/SMGs = 100% running speed
LMGs = 90% running speed
ARs = 95% running speed
Snipers = 95% running speed
Riot shield = 90% running speed

Fletch

Smash Master
Pistols/SMGs = 100% running speed
LMGs = 90% running speed
ARs = 95% running speed
Snipers = 95% running speed
Riot shield = 90% running speed
These are inaccurate.

SMGs/Sniper Rifles = 100% running speed
LMGs = 87.5% running speed
ARs = 95% running speed
Riot shield = 80% running speed

You will always run at the speed of your primary weapon, so Pistols don't really have a running speed (well, 100% if you pick one up to replace your primary). If you start with an SMG and pick up an LMG while dropping your SECONDARY, you'll still run at SMG speed if the SMG is still considered your primary weapon. Nice little trick to take advantage of, but doesn't work unfortunately if you pick it up in the primary slot.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Sniper = SMG I thought?

Also I'm not buying this DLC.

I'd rather have two secondaries than two primaries to be honest. One Man Army basically lets you have two secondaries and being able to switch weapons faster sounds more useful.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Wow, it's 1200 microsoft points?! That is a bit pricy, most of the Halo 3 map packs were 800 points. 1200 seems a bit too expensive. Though I'll probably end up downloading it anyway since I still want the 3 new maps(plus I don't mind 2 maps from CoD 4).
IW knows they have the most popular multiplayer game of all time, therefore they know they can charge more for DLC and get away with it.

I guess I'm the only one who's extremely pissed off at the weapon choices. Seriously the Draganov and Skorpion? Did anyone even use the Skorpion in CoD4??? And I personally hate the Draganov. It's out-classed by both the .50 Cal and M40a3. What were they on when they decided to bring these guns back and NOT the M40a3 and AK-74u? I just don't get it. :urg:

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
yay guys im gettin better

i just went 29-1-2 on quarry with this class:
Famas with noob tube
akimbo rangers
-slight of hand pro
-stopping power pro
-steady aim
with tac knife and stun grenades

i got the pavelow, which got me like 8 kills lol. and i got like 2 precision airstrikes

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
IW knows they have the most popular multiplayer game of all time, therefore they know they can charge more for DLC and get away with it.

I guess I'm the only one who's extremely pissed off at the weapon choices. Seriously the Draganov and Skorpion? Did anyone even use the Skorpion in CoD4??? And I personally hate the Draganov. It's out-classed by both the .50 Cal and M40a3. What were they on when they decided to bring these guns back and NOT the M40a3 and AK-74u? I just don't get it. :urg:
Do the weapons come with the map pack? Or do the weapons come with a future update to the game? Also, I think I may have used the scorpion one time in CoD4, though I don't remember much about it, the P90 in CoD4 was probably better from what I remember though.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Do the weapons come with the map pack? Or do the weapons come with a future update to the game? Also, I think I may have used the scorpion one time in CoD4, though I don't remember much about it, the P90 in CoD4 was probably better from what I remember though.
I'm pretty sure it comes with the map pack, as well as the perks.

The Skorpion was easily one of the worst guns in CoD4. It suffers from a very high fire rate and a very tiny clip size. Not a good combination at all. As soon as you kill a person with juggernaut you're almost always forced to reload. I can't judge if it was the worst gun in the game, but it was certainly the worst SMG for sure. It was also very unpopular. IW could not have chosen a worse SMG to bring back.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
The Skorpion was easily one of the worst guns in CoD4. It suffers from a very high fire rate and a very tiny clip size. Not a good combination at all. As soon as you kill a person with juggernaut you're almost always forced to reload. I can't judge if it was the worst gun in the game, but it was certainly the worst SMG for sure. It was also very unpopular. IW could not have chosen a worse SMG to bring back.
Probably gonna buff it.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
New perks? That sounds good. I wasn't going to waste my money on this crap just for new maps but other new things included might make it worth it.

Skimming through some of the posts in this thread you'd think this is the greatest game ever made, rather than a campy shooter.

S

smash brawl player 99021

New perks? That sounds good. I wasn't going to waste my money on this crap just for new maps but other new things included might make it worth it.

Skimming through some of the posts in this thread you'd think this is the greatest game ever made, rather than a campy shooter.
If you're not going to post anything productive or helpful about the game, then please don't bother posting in here.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Nothing about Marth being "l33t" in Melee is relevant to Modern Warfare 2. I'll say again, please don't spam in this thread.
Nothing in Grunts post, or your one where you quoted my fist post, was relevent to the thread either. You merely quoted my post that talks about MW2 but didn't say anything that had any relevance to it or this thread.

Maybe you could answer our questions about new perks instead.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
This is a thread about Modern Warfare 2 discussion and such things, it's not about bashing or saying how you don't want to waste money on said game. Replying with a "why" when you know you're just ****ing around trying to piss people off.
I don't like MW2, so I don't come here often, nor do I say "herrppderpp this game is a waste of money" Stop being a *** and don't post at all. You play Brawl, if you can waste money on that game, I'm sure you can waste it on this.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I actually posted because I read about new perks, which I asked about, and pointed out that they might persuade me to download the DLC. My second paragraph is pretty self explanitory.

Grunt pointed out that he thought Melee took the campy shooter crown to which I countered with my Marth comment. IcyDeath then tried telling me to not come back for voicing my opinion in my first post because they disagreed with it. Me asking why was more of a why is it ok for people who like the game to have free speech but not those who don't.

I like Lost, any single person can comment on it, including people who hate it. That's ok with me.

All I really want to know about is the new perks.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I actually posted because I read about new perks, which I asked about, and pointed out that they might persuade me to download the DLC. My second paragraph is pretty self explanitory.

Grunt pointed out that he thought Melee took the campy shooter crown to which I countered with my Marth comment. IcyDeath then tried telling me to not come back for voicing my opinion in my first post because they disagreed with it. Me asking why was more of a why is it ok for people who like the game to have free speech but not those who don't.

I like Lost, any single person can comment on it, including people who hate it. That's ok with me.

All I really want to know about is the new perks.
Maybe you should read previous posts before asking questions.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9800215&postcount=3865

Perks - 3 new Perks
Quickhands: Swap weapons faster Pro: ?
Overkill: Two Primary Weapons Pro: ?
Heterochromiac: Toggle Thermal Vision pro: ?

These are all rumoured and all we know about the new perks at the moment.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Perks - 3 new Perks
Quickhands: Swap weapons faster Pro: ?
Overkill: Two Primary Weapons Pro: ?
Heterochromiac: Toggle Thermal Vision pro: ?

These are all rumoured and all we know about the new perks at the moment.
Those top 2 will be good, having a riot shield and a primary might help to make the shield less useless, especially if you can swap rapidly between them.

The 3rd one sounds a bit pointless though. Nooby thermal should've been a killstreak seeing as though it makes smokes and camoflage useless. Even Cold Blooded isn't that effective against it.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
hey, what do u guys think of this class?
1. famas with noob tube
2. akimbo rangers
-Slight of hand pro
-Stopping power pro
-ninja pro/steady aim
with tac knife and stuns (no camo =/)

also, does steady aim still help akimbo weapons?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i think steady aim helps while using akimbo.
i like the famas and it has pro iron sights so noob tube isn't bad at all.
rangers are beast but with out slight of hand they're so slow reload and only after 4 shots.
i'm addicted to scavenger, so i don't use them as much anymore.

p.s. to those of you arguing about random nothingness, that's also what this thread isn't about. lol
just let it go, bros... let it go.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
hey, what do u guys think of this class?
1. famas with noob tube
2. akimbo rangers
-Slight of hand pro
-Stopping power pro
-ninja pro/steady aim
with tac knife and stuns (no camo =/)

also, does steady aim still help akimbo weapons?
How can you have a tactical knife with akimbo rangers? :confused:

Fletch

Smash Master
Grunt pointed out that he thought Melee took the campy shooter crown to which I countered with my Marth comment.
I'm pretty sure Grunt was saying that Melee still holds the title for greatest game ever, not campiest shooter...

How can you have a tactical knife with akimbo rangers? :confused:
Given the slot, I'm sure he meant to say throwing knife.

Grunt

Smash Master
i want overkill because I'm hoping overkill pro is 2 secondaries so I can have Shotgun and akimbo rafficas.
@ca5h:
Pretty good class. Famas with SOH is pretty much the best combo ever. I have the same class except for rafficas, mainly because they're faster to switch and can kill just as fast as shotguns. I also use a red dot, but it doesn't really matter.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Riot Shield w/ Riot Shield
Quickhands
Overkill
Commando Pro

I am going to use two.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
In hindsight the 3rd perk should've been something that makes you immune to knives. Making it a red perk would've been smart as it would be the only green perk used otherwise.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I guess Overkill can have some good uses now that you guys are bringing up the Riot Sheild, which I ovelooked for some reason (I never use Riot Sheilds).

Fletch

Smash Master
Quickhands
Overkill
Commando Pro

I am going to use two.
Too Pro. Although in actuality this would have a use as you can switch when your other Riot Shield gets too beaten up.

EDIT: Totally forgot your back would be protected too. Simply too good.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Quickhands
Overkill
Commando Pro

I am going to use two.
You'd be like some sort of protective bubble xD

In hindsight the 3rd perk should've been something that makes you immune to knives. Making it a red perk would've been smart as it would be the only green perk used otherwise.
That is the most ridiculous thing I have EVER heard.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
That would be the worst perk ever. The minute you try to knife someone, and you find out they are immune, they'll just turn around and shoot you before you can do anything else.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ugh. Why does this game do that? I finally got chopper gunner, been playing for three hours aiming for the nuke, and before I could even press right on the control pad, me and my party get kicked form the game.

WHY!?!

Top Bottom