• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Ugh. Why does this game do that? I finally got chopper gunner, been playing for three hours aiming for the nuke, and before I could even press right on the control pad, me and my party get kicked form the game.

WHY!?!
Yeah, this game can be really annoying sometimes. I went into 3 games and the server times out 3 times in a row. I'm considering going back to CoD 4, I'm starting to get sick of the bull crap this game pulls.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Too Pro. Although in actuality this would have a use as you can switch when your other Riot Shield gets too beaten up.

EDIT: Totally forgot your back would be protected too. Simply too good.
It was meant to have a use, complete protection from front and back. You would only need to worry about the sides. Getting stuck would also be a problem.

That would be the worst perk ever. The minute you try to knife someone, and you find out they are immune, they'll just turn around and shoot you before you can do anything else.
Kind of like Last Stand guys vs. snipers. I'm on this pretty slick 6 quickscope montage moment. I have a good streak going, some good momentum. Oh, painkiller guy. It took three shots to the head and chest but I still got him.

Oh god Final Stand. Let's shoot him again.

WHAT?! HITMARKER?!

wtf how did he use commando and lunge when he was on the ground

why is he allowed to use a noob tube in fs

what is this bull****

iw sucx

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
It was meant to have a use, complete protection from front and back. You would only need to worry about the sides. Getting stuck would also be a problem.

Kind of like Last Stand guys vs. snipers. I'm on this pretty slick 6 quickscope montage moment. I have a good streak going, some good momentum. Oh, painkiller guy. It took three shots to the head and chest but I still got him.

Oh god Final Stand. Let's shoot him again.

WHAT?! HITMARKER?!

wtf how did he use commando and lunge when he was on the ground

why is he allowed to use a noob tube in fs

what is this bull****

iw sucx
Wait, someone can go into last stand and then go into final stand? I guess technically you could but I don't think I"ve ever ran into an enemy that has both on.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Yeah, this game can be really annoying sometimes. I went into 3 games and the server times out 3 times in a row. I'm considering going back to CoD 4, I'm starting to get sick of the bull crap this game pulls.
I've actually had a much better experience lately, when it comes to internet connection. I've found matches quickly, and there hasn't been much lag. ...what is this?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The matchmaking in this game has been improved but it still takes a while to find a match when playing with friends and they sometimes get dropped and it gets tedious re-inviting them. Then you have to back out and invite them to your game lobby so they'll be on the same team.

S

smash brawl player 99021

The matchmaking in this game has been improved but it still takes a while to find a match when playing with friends and they sometimes get dropped and it gets tedious Incredibely frustrating re-inviting them. Then you have to back out and invite them to your game lobby so they'll be on the same team.
Agreed.
Biggest pain about the game for me.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Riot Shield w/ Riot Shield
Quickhands
Overkill
Commando Pro

I am going to use two.
LMFAO simply broken.

the first perk should be scavenger and you can just throw knifes all day.

BUBBLE BOY CLASS = TOO GOOD

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So I realized by playing with F8AL tonight that I get knifed at least 2 to 3 times a game. Either I'm just that **** bad at knifing, or Commando is the dumbest thing since sporks (spoon and a fork combied).

It's not broken. It's just incredibly annoying.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
FAL with red dot does 35 damage, FAL with holographic does 40. FAL with bling (silencer/holographic) = 2 shot kill to any part of the body. Broken. <3

Cyan_

Smash Lord
The answer to the popular question "does Pavelow count towards your killstreak?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVGRsXUGIz0

"In typical situations, no, it doesn't. I had heard 2 theories for getting the Pavelow to count to your streak.

Theory 1 - After obtaining your Pavelow, you must get a kill before calling it in. This is INCORRECT, this video disproves this theory.

Theory 2 - As long as you are on your first life, and no Pavelows have been called in, your Pavelow will count towards your streak. This is true, but slightly inaccurate.

THE PAVELOW WILL ONLY COUNT TOWARDS YOUR KILLSTREAK AS LONG AS YOU HAVE YET TO DIE. However, it does NOT need to be the first Pavelow of the match. "

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
So I realized by playing with F8AL tonight that I get knifed at least 2 to 3 times a game. Either I'm just that **** bad at knifing, or Commando is the dumbest thing since sporks (spoon and a fork combied).

spork is the most amazing invention known to man. pssh... dumbest... this guy...

S

smash brawl player 99021

yay im gettin better lol.

37-5 on estate using the 5, 7, 9 killstreaks. man those together own

good **** bro. knew you'd come around. @CASH, good stuff as well.

Fletch

Smash Master
FAL with red dot does 35 damage, FAL with holographic does 40. FAL with bling (silencer/holographic) = 2 shot kill to any part of the body. Broken. <3
Holo changes FAL from a 50-35 gun to a 50-40. You forgot to mention you need Stopping Power for the Blinged HoloFAL to kill in two shots at any range.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'll try. I haven't played with a good number of you newbies yet.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Primary: M16 w/holo sights and digital camo
Secondary: Stinger
Equipment: Claymore
Special Grenade: Stun
Perk 1: Scavenger pro
Perk 2: SP pro
Perk 3: Ninja pro

I like this class on afghan. I can shoot down air support and get 1 burst kills from pretty far distances.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Scar w/ Silencer
Stinger
Claymore
Flash
Scavenger Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

One of my favorites, and it really helps that the Scar is such a sexy gun.
Except that it has a slow reload and only 20 bullets. I don't know if I can sacrifice my HBS/silencer for extended mags or scavenger pro for bling pro.

I don't think I'll be using the SCAR-H as much when I prestige. I'll move onto better guns, like the ACR.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
20 bullets is plenty for me, and the reload time has never been a problem in my experience. I just make sure to reload when I need to, and not after every kill. The Scar is stupidly accurate, I can average 3 kills per mag.

I don't like the ACR because it's ugly, its irons aren't as amazing as the Scar's, and it has low damage.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
acr has faster rof and it's uber gay cuz it has no recoil and you can just spray at your target from across the map and get the kill. lol

scar is a great gun for medium ranges, imo.

so i tried using the hbs on the acr or some assualt rifle and when i'm reloading it takes up 90% of the screen. :/ that's no good at all, ha.

also, i've been playing f8al's class only swap stinger for m10 shotgun. (the one before 1887's)

i also like this class.
barret .50 w/acog
magnum w/akimbo or tac knife
throwing knife
stuns
marathon pro
sp pro
ninja pro or steady aim pro depending if i'm using tac knife or akimbo

this is the funnest class i've played even though i'm not the best at it.
it's just my super fun class... it's super fun...

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
So right now. My favorite class.

RPD w/ Grip
Javelin
Semtex
Stun Grenades
Sleight Of Hands
Stopping Power
Steady Aim
(Random Death Streak thingy)

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
yeah, steady aim seems good on an LMG, I can't think of what other tier 3 perks would work really well with an LMG besides ninja, but ninja is good on almost any class.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Been way too busy to check SWF recently. But since I'm here, I might as well say this:

I ****ING HATE COMMANDO. I'VE BEEN KNIFED BY THE STUPID *** HALO ENERGY SWORD LUNGE TOO MANY TIMES TODAY.

And as for DLC, WTF? The Dragunov? The WA2000 is the EXACT same gun, but with less bullets per mag. Bring back the M40, I don't even care if it doesn't get the ACOG damage boost.

IDC really about the Skorpion, but I'd rather see the CoD4 MP5 come back instead.

I'm really pissed that they're charging $15 for the DLC, but I know I'm gonna end up getting it anyways.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Been way too busy to check SWF recently. But since I'm here, I might as well say this:

I ****ING HATE COMMANDO. I'VE BEEN KNIFED BY THE STUPID *** HALO ENERGY SWORD LUNGE TOO MANY TIMES TODAY.

And as for DLC, WTF? The Dragunov? The WA2000 is the EXACT same gun, but with less bullets per mag. Bring back the M40, I don't even care if it doesn't get the ACOG damage boost.

IDC really about the Skorpion, but I'd rather see the CoD4 MP5 come back instead.

I'm really pissed that they're charging $15 for the DLC, but I know I'm gonna end up getting it anyways.
Are you saying the WA2000 has less bullets in a mag than the Dragunov? or the Dragunov has less bullets in a mag than WA2000? If the Dragunov has more bullets I might use that instead of the WA2000, though I'd probably end up using the M21 EBR over both of those rifles.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
IIRC, the Drag had 10 bullets/mag. The WA2k has 6. The drag and the wa2k have the same damage multipliers though.
Yeah, then I would probably use Dragunov if they both have the same recoil(which the WA didn't have that much). Though IIRC the Dragunov from CoD4 has a lot of recoil, but then I only used it once so idk, plus it might be better in MW2. Also, Commando can be annoying when people use it against you, only thing I can think of to counter it is to use a shotgun, but then if they knife you from behind there's nothing you can do.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Why do people complain about the Dragunov being the same as the Wazoo but then want the M40 back when it's the same as the Intervention. :confused:

Sorry I couldn't play today guys, I already told my friends I was gonna play with them. :(

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Intervention =/= M40A3.

All Snipers have a base power of 70 unslienced, and a base power of 50 silenced.
With Stopping power, unsilenced becomes 98, not too sure about snipers with silencers and stopping power, but I know it can't be less than 67.

The Intervention's multipliers are as follows:
Head-1.5x
Neck-1.5x
Chest-1.5x
Stomach-1.1x
Limbs-1.0x

The M40A3 in CoD4:
Head-1.5x
Neck-1.5x
Chest-1.1x
Stomach-1.1x
Limbs-1.0x

NOT THE SAME. The Intervention has the clip size of the M40, but has the damage multipliers of the R700.
It also has a lot more recoil than the M40.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Intervention =/= M40A3.

Head-1.5x
Neck-1.5x
Chest-1.5x
Stomach-1.1x
Limbs-1.0x

The M40A3 in CoD4:
Head-1.5x
Neck-1.5x
Chest-1.1x
Stomach-1.1x
Limbs-1.0x

NOT THE SAME. The Intervention has the clip size of the M40, but has the damage multipliers of the R700.
Where did you find these stats? I'm just wondering because there are other weapons that I want to look up.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Note to self: Don't put silencers on sniper rifles.

.50 cal w/HBS or Thermal (for certain maps, not sure if I'll put FMJ on cause I don't really like to shoot people through walls and stuff)

Thanks to the dmg multiplers, the damage will be over 100 and a OHKO.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Intervention =/= M40A3.

All Snipers have a base power of 70 unslienced, and a base power of 50 silenced.
With Stopping power, unsilenced becomes 98, not too sure about snipers with silencers and stopping power, but I know it can't be less than 67.

Head-1.5x
Neck-1.5x
Chest-1.5x
Stomach-1.1x
Limbs-1.0x

The M40A3 in CoD4:
Head-1.5x
Neck-1.5x
Chest-1.1x
Stomach-1.1x
Limbs-1.0x

So basically...

The M40 is weaker but with less recoil, although recoil doesn't matter because they're bolt action.

Still not seeing it. :ohwell:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I invited you for Mike Myers, Delta. :( That's fine though.

We had a lot of private match fun. 1v1s, Mike Myers, sniper lobbies. I got a collateral in the game winning killcam. And Dinko has really poor host. :(

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion

We had a lot of private match fun. 1v1s, Mike Myers, sniper lobbies. I got a collateral in the game winning killcam. And Dinko has really poor host. :(
Wow, I really missed out today. I hate having to study:(.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

I know, I'm sorry I missed it. I made other plans first, though. =/

Maybe tomorrow, hopefully.

Top Bottom