• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Fair enough. I still think SP is better for this class because of the all too often close-range shootouts that occur, and you're going to be losing to a TAR user or any other 40-30 gun, and SP can give you that extra boost to put it in your favor. If you like CB, stick with that though.

Akimbo magnums versus Mag + Tact knife really comes down to preference, so fair enough. You should still consider Steady Aim though then, I hate using akimbo anything without it. Commando Pro (if you have it unlocked) is awesome though, I really hate not having it on classes as I can't stand falling damage.

CB Pro is the easiest Pro perk to unlock in the game though... All you need to do is shoot at a falling killstreak (i.e. Pavelow) with any automatic weapon and each bullet you hit it with counts toward your total number of killstreaks taken down. Of course you need CB on for this to count, but you can get CB Pro in one game.
i've read that about CB pro on this thread, just haven't done it yet (i don't think about it).
i'll do that. and i like commando pro for maps like favela, invasion, karachi and even sub base.
thanks for the tips. i'll consider taking your advice.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Why does every1 like the ACR?

I mean, I think it would be waaaaaayyyy better if the damage was higher. I don't know if it is just me, but I get killed way too much just because it takes so many bullets to kill someone else. I'll unload like 10 bullets into someone and they won't die, and they shoot me with 1 burst of a famas and I die... So, why is it so great anyway? And what are your guys' favorite AR's?

Fletch

Smash Master

I mean, I think it would be waaaaaayyyy better if the damage was higher. I don't know if it is just me, but I get killed way too much just because it takes so many bullets to kill someone else. I'll unload like 10 bullets into someone and they won't die, and they shoot me with 1 burst of a famas and I die... So, why is it so great anyway? And what are your guys' favorite AR's?
It's a great newbie gun. There is essentially no recoil, and so the thing is beast at long range. When you get better though, the TAR, FAMAS, SCAR+ext mags, and probably the HoloFAL are the best ARs to use (maybe AK as well, but I'm not really a fan as it's really just a worse version of the TAR).

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
do any of u use the m16? i mean if u miss with the 3 round burst, in my experience, u get killed fast. it's like u need to hit them with all 3 bullets in the burst because i hate the time between the bursts. to me they seem too long.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
how many tactical nukes has any1 gotten and how did u get them? did u camp?

even tho im kinda new to COD, i dont think im that bad of a player. Im not very good, but im not terrible lol. So far ive never gotten a nuke but it would be awesome lol. my highest streak is 19 :)

EDIT: Also, does FMJ really increase damage???? I heard it doesn't... And will akimbo SMG's be more accurate if I use the silencer?

Fletch

Smash Master

even tho im kinda new to COD, i dont think im that bad of a player. Im not very good, but im not terrible lol. So far ive never gotten a nuke but it would be awesome lol. my highest streak is 19 :)

EDIT: Also, does FMJ really increase damage???? I heard it doesn't... And will akimbo SMG's be more accurate if I use the silencer?
I rarely use Nuke, but it's really just a matter of getting a Harrier then letting it get you to Chopper Gunner, then you have to be lucky and get up to your 25 KS with it. It's not as difficult as it seems.

FMJ doesn't increase damage, just decreases damage deterioration through surfaces. The silenced SMG argument doesn't hold any water either; it doesn't decrease recoil.

Follow this link if you want to see recoil stats, I'd post the picture but it's very large and would screw up the thread.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6221/testxs.jpg

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Same thing I use, Fletch.

I lost count of how many nukes I've gotten after 25. I have 0 on my new account, and don't think I'll be going for them anymore.

Harrier->Pave Low->AC130/Chopper Gunner has been my setup.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
do any of u use the m16? i mean if u miss with the 3 round burst, in my experience, u get killed fast. it's like u need to hit them with all 3 bullets in the burst because i hate the time between the bursts. to me they seem too long.
I do. I don't miss. Everyone dies in 1 burst except when they use painkiller, the game lags or MW2's horrible hit detection happens.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198

i like the ACR as an all around gun.
it's not very strong, but it has great iron sights and virtually no recoil so you don't need to burst your shots as often and you don't need to waste an attachment on rds or anything (unless you want...).

the AR's i use are the scar and acr.
the fal w/holo or the famas can be great but it's i won't use them without stopping power. lol
I love the ACR... But sometimes it feels like it's just terrible.

The TAR is the Ol' Reliable for me. FAMAS as well. I use just about every AR anyways.
i feel like TAR is just a big smg. so i never really use it.
It's a great newbie gun. There is essentially no recoil, and so the thing is beast at long range. When you get better though, the TAR, FAMAS, SCAR+ext mags, and probably the HoloFAL are the best ARs to use (maybe AK as well, but I'm not really a fan as it's really just a worse version of the TAR).
tar? really?

i've never had a nuke but i've had 23 kill streek before. lol

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
i hope 1 day i can get a nuke lol

also, y dont people use the riot shield? people srsly dont know what to do against them if u try the riot shield on team deathmatch lol

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well I got the game three days ago (finally), and I'm sittin close to 40 right now. I started off ****ing terrible, but I've improved drastically.

I want some opinions on the classes I'm using.

UMP-45 w/ FMJ and Silencer
Spas-12 with Foregrip
Bling Pro
Cold Blooded
Ninja Pro
Claymore
Stun Grenade

FAL w/ Silencer
AM4 (or whatever Launcher)
Scavenger Pro
Danger Close
Ninja Pro
Claymore
Smoke Grenade

Yeah those are the main two I use right now. I mainly only play Search with my friends.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I like them. I would never use either myself because I don't consider them the best possible setup for each gun you have, but that's your preference.

AT4, btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJsUIWneckw

Famous Gamers posts gameplay of the new maps coming out.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
If you're gonna use Danger Close, I'd recommend using as many explosives as possible, to make the most out of losing Stopping Power or Cold-Blooded for it. I'd suggest putting noobtubes on the FAL. You might wanna opt out for Semtex, but Claymores work perfectly fine.

Though, I personally think that OMA is more efficient than Scavenger when it comes to using Danger Close-Based Classes.

But this game has an insane level of customization, do what you want, and see what works best for you, Chaco.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I just got done actually playing, I ended up doing pretty **** good with:

FAL w/ Silencer
Spas-12 w/ Silencer
Sleight of Hand Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro
Claymore
Smoke

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I just got done actually playing, I ended up doing pretty **** good with:

FAL w/ Silencer
Spas-12 w/ Silencer
Sleight of Hand Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro
Claymore
Smoke
SPAS-12 with a silencer? I tried that thing once on the Grenadier class, and it had next to nothing in the way of range... :(

So, what would you use the smoke there for?

Chaco

Never Logs In
SPAS-12 with a silencer? I tried that thing once on the Grenadier class, and it had next to nothing in the way of range... :(

So, what would you use the smoke there for?
Well the Spas doesn't need range in this class, for distance I have the FAL. But when peoplle get right up on ne I switch to the Spas and get things done. The smoke actually serves many purposes but mainly as a distraction to get them to look the ther way.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
There was an odd glitch yesterday where someone was shooting me with a tactical insertion somehow. Has anyone else encountered this?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah it's known about, and there's a vid on how to do it on Youtube.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
smokes are underused in this game.
if you use thermal, you can toss one down the center of high rise or a bridge on rundown and shoot through it. if you're a close range class, you can use the smoke to safely pass through an otherwise wide open area.

and chaco's right about it being a distraction. when i see one, i just stare into it waiting to shoot someone who runs through like an idiot and anyone could flank me at any time. if you got two of these each life, i'd use these all the time.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQUYE6LzrNQ

Proof once again that it doesn't matter what gun you use in this game. It's all about your play style. Tejb actually makes the F2000 look usable.
This isn't really true. Not trying to take anything away from Tejb, he's an exceptional player but frankly, you will not do well with an F2000 or MP5k or any gun of that nature in a competitive setting where the other players are not absolute garbage. Keep in mind killstreaks play a big role in how well these commentators do, so if you see a 79-4-7 game posted, it's not straight up 79 kills with the kit.

As far as I know, DTreats was the only competitive player that did something out of the ordinary and still performed well. He was the first competitive sniper.

Chaco

Never Logs In
smokes are underused in this game.
if you use thermal, you can toss one down the center of high rise or a bridge on rundown and shoot through it. if you're a close range class, you can use the smoke to safely pass through an otherwise wide open area.

and chaco's right about it being a distraction. when i see one, i just stare into it waiting to shoot someone who runs through like an idiot and anyone could flank me at any time. if you got two of these each life, i'd use these all the time.
Exactly, which is why occasionally in search I will ***** scavener and track deaths laying out around 6-7 claymores and throwing smoke like crazy. But this rarely happens without me getting found out.

And I didnt know placing more than 3 blew the first up haha

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
I played some rounds of FFA yesterday and there was a pro sniper using Intervention, Scavenger, Stopping Power, and Ninja. He was quick scoping and no scoping like crazy. He won some matches and lost some matches. How do you quick scope without Sleight of Hand Pro? The scoping speed is too slow. I can kinda understand how no scoping works but not much.

F2000 is so SMG-like. Hip-firing the weapon is too good XD

Fletch

Smash Master
Well I got the game three days ago (finally), and I'm sittin close to 40 right now. I started off ****ing terrible, but I've improved drastically.

I want some opinions on the classes I'm using.

UMP-45 w/ FMJ and Silencer
Spas-12 with Foregrip
Bling Pro
Cold Blooded
Ninja Pro
Claymore
Stun Grenade

FAL w/ Silencer
AM4 (or whatever Launcher)
Scavenger Pro
Danger Close
Ninja Pro
Claymore
Smoke Grenade

Yeah those are the main two I use right now. I mainly only play Search with my friends.
No point in really using the FAL unless you're going for HoloFAL. Bling it if you want to keep the silencer. That class is also kind of iffy with Danger Close, I'd op for SP with the HoloFAL.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Why is the FAL only good with Holo anyways? I know about the damage boost, but the FAL is one of the best guns to use with CB since it doesn't really need SP anyways. Putting a Silencer on it only makes it even more amazing.

Fletch

Smash Master
This isn't really true. Not trying to take anything away from Tejb, he's an exceptional player but frankly, you will not do well with an F2000 or MP5k or any gun of that nature in a competitive setting where the other players are not absolute garbage. Keep in mind killstreaks play a big role in how well these commentators do, so if you see a 79-4-7 game posted, it's not straight up 79 kills with the kit.

As far as I know, DTreats was the only competitive player that did something out of the ordinary and still performed well. He was the first competitive sniper.
The MP5k is not a bad gun, but you have an excellent point. Any setup can generate really good games just because of killstreaks.

I played some rounds of FFA yesterday and there was a pro sniper using Intervention, Scavenger, Stopping Power, and Ninja. He was quick scoping and no scoping like crazy. He won some matches and lost some matches. How do you quick scope without Sleight of Hand Pro? The scoping speed is too slow. I can kinda understand how no scoping works but not much.

F2000 is so SMG-like. Hip-firing the weapon is too good XD
No scoping is luck. The F2K is like an SMG, just not as good.

Top Bottom