• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Fletch

Smash Master
Why is the FAL only good with Holo anyways? I know about the damage boost, but the FAL is one of the best guns to use with CB since it doesn't really need SP anyways. Putting a Silencer on it only makes it even more amazing.
Fal + Holo + SP Pro = 2 shot kill at ANY range, silenced.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Oh yeah, before I forgot. The double XP weekend (April 2-5) is only for Xbox LIVE players. Sorry PS3 and PC (LOL) players!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Fal + Holo + SP Pro = 2 shot kill at ANY range, silenced.
But it functions just fine without a Holo. Even though it does have the damage increase, you still need SP to keep it at the 2 shot kill everywhere. This could just be my natural bias against Bling and SP in general, but if I don't need SP, I won't use it. I feel like 3 shot kills are fine for remaining completely invisible, and the ability to use any Tier 1 perk I want. I love flexibility in my classes.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
ok so you guys are right about the ACR.

more than a few time each match, i'll shoot someone and they'll take cover and survive.
that's what i get for using a weak gun without SP on.

i like fal/m16 for mid to long range, but i want a more all around gun.
gonna try out an LMG finally. any suggestions are welcome and encouraged. lol

edit: i'm bias against bling and sp too. i try to avoid it.

also, according to that sweet *** chart someone posted, the famas is stronger than the m16.
isn't it also faster and more accurate?

famas vs m16 conversation. GO!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Use the M16 since it's not as ugly.

Use the FAL anyways since it's amazing and with a fast trigger finger it's just fine at close range.

You can also use it with CB and silenced! =D

Grunt

Smash Master
i hate the way the famas looks, but it's better in almost every way.
all the pros use the famas, best AR out there.

imma try out the hbar, because i didn't know LMGs didn't have damage drop, that's pretty tight.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
FAMAS > M16. Sorry, but it's true. Personally, I use both, and can do equally well with either, but the FAMAS is statistically better.

M16 has the Nostalgia feeling though.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i like the iron sights on the famas but with the m16, i have to use holo or acog. :/

is there any plus side to using m16 over famas?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Not really, no. the FAMAS is better, but they're about the same. I guess the M16 looks better, but that means nothing. They both kill in one burst, but the FAMAS has less recoil, making it more likely for all three shots to connect.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lol i agree that a gun can feel better or more comfortable despite what the stats say.

i'm liking famas more already after one partial game. it's too good.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
according to this thread, it looks better... idk if that matters to everyone or not lol

i don't think the famas looks bad at all.

Fletch

Smash Master
But it functions just fine without a Holo. Even though it does have the damage increase, you still need SP to keep it at the 2 shot kill everywhere. This could just be my natural bias against Bling and SP in general, but if I don't need SP, I won't use it. I feel like 3 shot kills are fine for remaining completely invisible, and the ability to use any Tier 1 perk I want. I love flexibility in my classes.
That third shot in a single-fire gun is a huge deal, but do whatever works for you. I'll stick with my HoloFAL.

ok so you guys are right about the ACR.

more than a few time each match, i'll shoot someone and they'll take cover and survive.
that's what i get for using a weak gun without SP on.

i like fal/m16 for mid to long range, but i want a more all around gun.
gonna try out an LMG finally. any suggestions are welcome and encouraged. lol

edit: i'm bias against bling and sp too. i try to avoid it.

also, according to that sweet *** chart someone posted, the famas is stronger than the m16.
isn't it also faster and more accurate?

famas vs m16 conversation. GO!

Told ya about the ACR sans SP:laugh:

Graduate to the TAR, you'll love it. Throw SP on that class too and you'll be a killing machine. If you're going to go LMG, you can't go wrong with the AUG or RPD, both are great as long as you leave off the silencers. The rest of the LMGs are kind of meh. Use the chart and take a look at recoil and you'll see what is good and what isn't. The RPD+Grip is probably best, but I prefer the AUG.

The Famas is better in every way than the M16, except maybe in the looks department. Famas is pro.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I've already changed em up a ton since last night. No need to even post em now cause its too different.

But I disagree, FAL with silencer on with Cold Blooded Pro is ****.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
This isn't really true. Not trying to take anything away from Tejb, he's an exceptional player but frankly, you will not do well with an F2000 or MP5k or any gun of that nature in a competitive setting where the other players are not absolute garbage. Keep in mind killstreaks play a big role in how well these commentators do, so if you see a 79-4-7 game posted, it's not straight up 79 kills with the kit.
Right but that's in a competitive setting. I'm simply talking about regular online matches with randoms.

Most of the guns (minus the F2k) are so balanced in their category that it doesn't really matter which one you choose. It's mostly about how comfortable you are with your favorite gun.

I believe one of the best courses of action to take as a newer player is to get good with certain classes and get used to certain guns. But of course, a lot of us are veterans so we can get used to new guns fairly fast.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Right but that's in a competitive setting. I'm simply talking about regular online matches with randoms.

Most of the guns (minus the F2k) are so balanced in their category that it doesn't really matter which one you choose. It's mostly about how comfortable you are with your favorite gun.

I believe one of the best courses of action to take as a newer player is to get good with certain classes and get used to certain guns. But of course, a lot of us are veterans so we can get used to new guns fairly fast.
Proof once again that it doesn't matter what gun you use in this game. It's all about your play style. Tejb actually makes the F2000 look usable.
You said that any gun could be used based on your playstyle. This only applies to pub matches where the players are bad. By competitive setting, I mean a setup where everyone knows what they're doing. There are many factors that you need to consider, the biggest being that not everyone is the same level.

"Regular online matches with randoms" is so broad and the skill gaps are so large that you will not do anywhere near as well as you would with a standard Assault Rifle. I believe that to an extent, you can still perform well with a bad gun but that doesn't take away the fact that you are still limited. Your score will show.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Today I went 26-0 on Domination in Terminal and I didn't have a Nuke. :( I did EMP my enemies and one of them had the care package chopper flying when I activated it, so they didn't get their care package. I used an FAL with Holo. But I had Hardline for my second rank tier instead of SP.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Famas(hole) > M16 More accurate farther away. Also, good games today, CA5H.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Wow Care Packages have been kind to me. I just prestiged and got two Pave Lows and one Chopper Gunner in a single game.

47-4-7 because we spawn trapped them hard.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
That third shot in a single-fire gun is a huge deal, but do whatever works for you. I'll stick with my HoloFAL.

Told ya about the ACR sans SP:laugh:

Graduate to the TAR, you'll love it. Throw SP on that class too and you'll be a killing machine. If you're going to go LMG, you can't go wrong with the AUG or RPD, both are great as long as you leave off the silencers. The rest of the LMGs are kind of meh. Use the chart and take a look at recoil and you'll see what is good and what isn't. The RPD+Grip is probably best, but I prefer the AUG.

The Famas is better in every way than the M16, except maybe in the looks department. Famas is pro.
i agree. holo sight with sp is the only way i'll use fal and it's great, imo.
on some other guns it would bother me to have to use a holo/rds but fal's iron sights aren't too great.

also i use more than one gun but i've been trying to pick a "main"
i only played a few games today but i'm loving the famas. it was the first gun i used in mw2 and i happened to get better at the game as i was switching around so i thought the gun wasn't too great. haha

will famas still be a one burst kill to the body without sp?
i'd really like to have cold blooded on my "all around" class.

also, i don't remember liking the tar's iron sights and recoil. it felt like a strong/heavy smg.

if you can't tell, iron sights mean a lot to me.
Does anyone else love being shot by an ACR, whipping around and gunning them down before they kill you?

I think it's amazingly hilarious.
i'm glad people like you exist. haha
people kept living through my attacks (and sometimes killing me) when i was using acr.
the gun's so easy to use against scrubs that i grew attached to it but after getting owned by a few good players, i've decided to move up to a more efficient weapon. THANKS FOR OWNING MY FACE

Fletch

Smash Master
i agree. holo sight with sp is the only way i'll use fal and it's great, imo.
on some other guns it would bother me to have to use a holo/rds but fal's iron sights aren't too great.

also i use more than one gun but i've been trying to pick a "main"
i only played a few games today but i'm loving the famas. it was the first gun i used in mw2 and i happened to get better at the game as i was switching around so i thought the gun wasn't too great. haha

will famas still be a one burst kill to the body without sp?
i'd really like to have cold blooded on my "all around" class.

also, i don't remember liking the tar's iron sights and recoil. it felt like a strong/heavy smg.

if you can't tell, iron sights mean a lot to me.

i'm glad people like you exist. haha
people kept living through my attacks (and sometimes killing me) when i was using acr.
the gun's so easy to use against scrubs that i grew attached to it but after getting owned by a few good players, i've decided to move up to a more efficient weapon. THANKS FOR OWNING MY FACE
Famas burst will kill in one shot up to 50M, much better than M16. As for the TAR, it has some of the best iron sights in the game, don't know why you wouldn't like them.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
M16 > FAMAS. I play hardcore though.

Core it's SCAR > everything.

I've done 27 hours of homework over the past 3 or 4 days. Still got 1 more day and then i'm done with homework for a few days T_T

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
am i a bad person if i camp with a thermal'd barrett and go like 15-6?

it seems to me that people switch to cb classes late in games if i go on a hot streak with my thermal'd barrett. they make me sad and force me to stop hardscoping...but i still kill them anyways :p

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
"Regular online matches with randoms" is so broad and the skill gaps are so large that you will not do anywhere near as well as you would with a standard Assault Rifle. I believe that to an extent, you can still perform well with a bad gun but that doesn't take away the fact that you are still limited. Your score will show.
Regular online matches with randoms = any non-competitive online match against non-organized teams, which is about 99% of our matches.

I disagree. Honestly, I'm confident I could use any AR (Minus the F2k. That's why I said that in the first place.) and be able to consistently get good K/Ds, and that has very little to do with which AR I'm using. It's mostly about my play style.

On the flip side, I do agree that in a competitive setting, choosing which AR you use is indeed a big factor. But I'm not into competitive CoD honestly. The Halo series has always out-shined CoD in that category.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvuwkiJZCBg Like seriously just watch that match. Competitive CoD kinda blows...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Famas burst will kill in one shot up to 50M, much better than M16. As for the TAR, it has some of the best iron sights in the game, don't know why you wouldn't like them.
maybe i'm picturing sights just like the fal's and i don't really like those.
it's been a while so maybe i'll give that another shot too.
Cold-Blooded is pretty easy to use. I don't see the problem. The regular scope is better anyways.
as much as i don't like SP, i feel like i have to use it on barret too. i basically like to keep moving when i snipe which is good for the game i guess since there's not some douche sitting idly by waiting to snipe you in the same spot the whole game. haha

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Now that's an AR I like to use.

The FAL. It's so stupid. 2 shots, dead. Love it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Agreed that CoD is not really a good competitive game (especially MW2), but Halo 3 isn't exactly the best either.
Halo 3 is far from the perfect competitive online shooter (most of them belong to the PC) but it's light years ahead of what CoD will ever be able to achieve from both a team based and competitive standpoint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhSYELXNcto Just watch that video for a bit. CoD won't be able to reach the kind of status in MLG like Halo had. It's just not that kind of FPS.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Name one way in which the M16 is better.
Faster reload.

@ TRG: I stopped watching the video because of it's horrible music playing in the background. But I believe that the CoD series can be as competitive as the Halo series.

Also:

http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo

Expect a playlist update later today on #MW2 for Xbox Live. It'll prevent "super speed" games. I'll let you know when it goes live.

Should have been fixed in the previous patches tho.

Top Bottom