• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Grandeza

Smash Master
Blegh I've been having a lot of fun with submachine guns and just running around, but I can't seem to keep up with the ARs. It's annoying cause running and rushing is just such a fun thing to do but it's lamesauce being killed all the time. Back to the commando I guess.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Uh, I thought the glitched was patched but it turns out it's just my friends being *******. They're not following simple instructions (literally just invite me to a theater lobby and switching lobbies) and I can't get it to work with them.

Edit:

Turns out they patched it now anyway. Oh well.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I don't understand how to get file share vids onto yt D:
http://www.blackopsforum.com/showthread.php?t=10731

Right, You want to show your awesome clips of Black Ops to the world but the video is stuck on your Xbox/PS3 ? ..

First thing your going to do is make an account with www.callofduty.com, You will be asked which platform you play and your Gamertag/PSN, so they can be linked with each other.

In a new window you will need to make an account with Youtube, As most of you have this already this shouldn't be much of a problem.

So back onto the Call Of Duty site, Go to www.callofduty.com/theater and sign in. Right in the middle to your right it should say "Link Your Account With Youtube" something like that. So easy process, Basically your Xbox/PS3 is linked to your Youtube.

So back onto your Xbox 360/PS3 and stick on Black Ops, As you can see you can go through your Recent Games through Theater Mode. Pick out some good clips of you and put them into your File Share, Once there in your File Share you pick out the clip you made and you press "Render Clip". That clip will once again be recorded and been immediately uploaded on your Youtube account. (Beware you can only upload 30 second clips)
Google is your friend.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I don't understand how to get file share vids onto yt D:
F8AL: Feel free to add this post to Front page:

HOW TO LINK YOUR CoD GT/PSN NAME TO YOUR YOUTUBE ACCOUNT

1) Go to www.callofduty.com and register for an account. Link your GT/PSN.

2) Go to theater (top of page) on the website

3) Follow the links to link your Youtube account with your CoD account

4) In game, add a file to your fileshare.

5) To upload a clip to youtube, select the file in your file share for playback (IMPORTANT! CLIP MUST BE 30 SECONDS OR LESS), and then select the RENDER CLIP option in theater mode.

6) ???

7) PROFIT!!! Now just wait for your video to upload to youtube. This can take anywhere between 5 minutes to an hour or longer.

Enjoy!

EDIT: God damn it F8AL. God damn it... :c

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Wow, that was pretty quick with them patching it, oh well I guess I'll just have to go up to 14th prestige the legit way(not that it takes a long time to prestige in this game anyway).

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Yeah, burst firing is your best bet.

In other news, I gues the people in the lobby were complete trash or whatever but I got a 60-5 in Havana domination.

AUG Dual Mags
M1911 Extended Mags

Ghost Pro
Hardened Pro
Ninja Pro

Claymore
Stuns

KillStreaks were Napalm, Blackbird, CG

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Use guns with minimal recoil, actually.
The Galil is good, but it feels lacking without suppressor for the aforementioned reasons. I like the Famas, AK74u (lemme talk to leafy about this), Stoner, Commando, M16, MPL, and scorpion. The Recoil HAPPENS to be a common factor in all of those, which is what I just figured out.
The AK74u is popular because of its ridiculous recoil with the grip. Its as if it has no kick.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Use guns with minimal recoil, actually.
The Galil is good, but it feels lacking without suppressor for the aforementioned reasons. I like the Famas, AK74u (lemme talk to leafy about this), Stoner, Commando, M16, MPL, and scorpion. The Recoil HAPPENS to be a common factor in all of those, which is what I just figured out.
The AK74u is popular because of its ridiculous recoil with the grip. Its as if it has no kick.
Wait, talk to me about what?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hmm well ok then

And the lag in this game is really amazing sometimes. I throw a C4 in a room that's like filled with 4 people just sitting there, I double tap Square like 4 times and it doesn't detonate. Then I actually take the trigger, press the button and it still doesn't explode.

Then it explodes when I end up killing everyone thus killing me

That is bull****

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I disagree. I personally don't think any of the SMGs hold water with any of the ARs in this game, except maybe M14/FN FAL. I have a 2.5+ K/D with most of the ARs in this game, but my K/D with the 74u is around 2.1ish. I personally don't see it as that big of a deal. A bad player is a bad player is a bad player, it doesn't matter if they're using a 74u or an Uzi.
This.
I absolutely agree with you in the sense that some players can keep up with the AK74u, but the fact that makes the 74u so good is that it is a crutch to all of the things that people should incorporate into their gameplay.
These things are:
1. Aiming. The hipfire makes it easy to get into the habit of not aiming. The minimal kick even without grip makes it so people can spray without consequence.
2. Staying close. The game has lots of big areas, but the SMGs teach bad players to take it to the closest quarters possible, which they excel in. it is the easiest to aim in small areas.
I'm not saying ARs can't do this, the 74u does it better.
3. Timing your reloads. The 74u has a fast reload (just a bit faster) so players can reload and still survive an encounter during.

With that in mind, the hype of the 74u is understandable and it is better than all assault rifles until you reach a certain point in the game where you are a generally better player.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I completely agree with every single thing you said. I personally see the AK74u as a scrub weapon/crutch, so it doesn't bother me that so many people use it, even though most of my kills from it are the result of me picking up other people's weapons. I remember a game of Domination where I picked up 6 different AK74u's. It was pretty hilarious.

Don't see why people use it anyway, when FAMAS/AUG are inconceivably better.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Shoutout to Wretched for introducing me to the unholiness that is Skorpion rapid fire.
Extendos>Rapid fire for me.

Though I will try that on Skorpio since I haven't yet.

But much Skorpio love.

http://www.youtube.com/user/XboxAhoy

Also, that guy is my FAVORITE youtube commentator right now. He goes through extensive detail in his videos, going over the history of the weapon, how it works in the game, and some of his suggestions. His most recent vid is of the Skorpio(n).

Top Bottom