• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buffered Pivot Grab: a new really hard infinite

Flayl

Smash Hero
This is particularly interesting. Do you have to return to neutral position after each directional input? If not, that'd make this a lot more feasible.
No, just roll the control-stick along the bottom.

If it's easier for you, just skip the second 2 and do: 1,2,1,3+Z

Yikarur: That's what "numerical pad notation" means lol

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Different Controller Schemes should make some of these advanced 5-input-buffer-thingies easier.

What I mean is:
Standard Controls - Side Special: left/right + B (Two inputs)
B-sticking - Side Special: C-stick left/right (One input)

Doesn't help DDD here, but might be useful in other 5-input-buffer-ATs.

7Claus

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes instead of the pivot I end up doing a bacwards roll torwards Snake. What am I buffering wrong? I could only do 3 regrabs max, and I still can't do it consistently D:

Flayl

Smash Hero
This is just a guess, I'll confirm it later today:

You're holding the grab button for too long.

Although I thought inputting down-forward would avoid rolling...

Yikarur

Smash Master
This is just a guess, I'll confirm it later today:

You're holding the grab button for too long.

Although I thought inputting down-forward would avoid rolling...
this, holding the grab button for too long results in "shield" after the buffer frames are over and overrites all inputs before and! if you input a smash direction and press shield between 1-5 frames afterwards you're autorolling. (if you dash and input shield afterwards you roll)

7Claus

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, it got way easier now, but I still have to train to get it consistently.

And if any TO bans this and not ICs CG it'll be hypocrisy, because it's way harder and works on only 5 characters...

Prawn

Smash Master
Thanks, it got way easier now, but I still have to train to get it consistently.

And if any TO bans this and not ICs CG it'll be hypocrisy, because it's way harder and works on only 5 characters...
well ics cg is more situational since you need nana next to you and you can do this out of every grab

but i agree all d3 infs should be legal, if atomsk masters idk if any snake will beat him ever again

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I wonder what the applications of this for other characters is though. It'd be great if Ganon could CG someone other than D3 for two throws.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Anyone been able to get this down yet?

I've pulled it off a couple times, but nothing consistant.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
for some heavy or fast falling characters I think this might have a very niche use in when you grab people at the ledge at low percent with falco and want to sqeeze a few extra down throws out before you go for the spike.

Prawn

Smash Master
just came here to say you guys are babies

my friend who doesnt even take brawl super seriously(even tho he is ****) can do this from like 0-75 consistently and ive seen him do it to 300

work harder?

Prawn

Smash Master
k im going back over friday and ill put replays on my sd card then

he says its harder then the ic cg but easier because its the same thing every time, he also says that theres a set rhythm and if you find it youre good

Tmacc

Smash Lord
k im going back over friday and ill put replays on my sd card then

he says its harder then the ic cg but easier because its the same thing every time, he also says that theres a set rhythm and if you find it youre good
*doesnt think vids will happen*

But I demand to see them if this is true. Please :)

Prawn

Smash Master
(9:29:26 AM) so you gotta do the buffer
(9:30:29 AM) it's i think 1 frame
(9:30:22 AM) also

(9:29:34 AM) 2 frames BEFORE he grabs his hammer
(9:30:33 AM) after his feet touch the ground
(9:30:39 AM) this is from the dthrow animation

idk if this makes sense

its what i was told lmao

-LzR-

Smash Hero
IC chaingrab isn't even hard. It's just because there are so many different timings.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I knew that Bowser could be infinited when near the edge, but now this will really help Dedede's metagame. I should try this out.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
So, did it anyone "master" this yet?

Dthrow -> UpSmash on Lucario is easy
Dthrow -> Pivot Bair also isn't thaaaat hard

But this Dthrow Infinite o_O
I just cant get it work D:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I can do it consistently, actually. 2-1-2-3-Grab works wonders. You've got to get the buffer window committed to memory, though. What helps me is that the rumble from DThrow ends exactly 10 frames before the end of DThrow's animation.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Muscle Memory & watching (And maybe Sound too dont know XD)
It's normally enough for the most things (BDacus, Wario CG, ICs Infinites, DDD Infinite on every other character etc.)
But this DDD on Snake infinite has just too many Inputs in frames you where you don't see what you have inputed q_q
So I don't know if I started too soon or too late -.-"

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
That's why the rumble is helpful. I time myself to start the input right after the last shake.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I don't have AIM. I only use Skype.

Also I'm so going to pull this off at CoT5. JUST WATCH ME.

Life

Smash Hero
Tried my hand at this, turning on rumble to help with the timing. Not inputting the initial 2 tends to screw things up <______< Still can't do it tho

But I do think the input buffer window overlaps with the rumble a bit, based on inputting simple buffered standing grabs.

Top Bottom