• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buffered Pivot Grab: a new really hard infinite

CO18

Smash Hero
The Dash Usmash thing is a forward buffered Usmash out of a chaingrab. Doesn't really have anything to do with buffering a dash back, but buffering a forward dash usmash is guaranteed on LUCARIO/BOWSER/LINK/GANON/DDD/CHARIZARD/IVYSAUR/NESS/SONIC. Just nice stuff to know. Input is forward-->X/Y-->C-stick up btw.

Again, so we don't get confused here, this does NOT involve buffering a dash back, it's completely different from the pivot grab infinite, but it's cool since you can kill these characters with a grab now. Although I still have to test it when Dthrow is stale.
Oooo coolio.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
It would require a double check for range, but it should be possible if Bowser's pivot grab is frame 10 or less (you have 10 frames of advantage, right?).

EDIT: It's frame 9, so Bowsers should start working on this.
http://allisbrawl.com/video/video.aspx?id=34171

bowser gets a standing infinite on alot of characters thru pummel release so yea, pretty useful for him

Flayl said:
How to do it - Input in the last 10 frames of the grab release animation:
Back
Down
Back
Front+Z

Who it works on:
Bowser
Charizard
Diddy Kong
Falco
Fox
Ganondorf
Ivysaur
King Dedede
Kirby
Link
Lucario
Lucas
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Meta Knight
Ness
Olimar
Peach
Pikachu
Popo/Nana
R.O.B.
Samus
Sheik
Snake
Sonic
Toon Link
Wario
Wolf
Zero Suit Samus

Even if you were able to master this, you have to consider things like how your opponent is now going to react to your new tool. I would not be surprised if matches became more and more like a game of cat n' mouse. Once the opponent gets the lead, he'll be inclined to play extra salty gay to avoid getting this type of ****. ...However on the flip side once you get a grab and do this it'll be easy to get a lead back but thats just in theory imo. I'll wait for the tournie vids to confirm anything.

Plus you also need to consider using this on slopey terrain. Im curious as to what other gay things you can do out of this on slopes that help you regrab.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I could only do it 5 times D:
Are you pummeling between grabs?

P.S: <3 my new avi, King koopa-meta-dedede-knight :)
VVVV see .

On Snake, you can Dthrow--> Pivot Grab 5x + regrab. If you just do it that way, it's not an infinite but it does 32% and puts allows you to chaingrab across the stage immediately afterwards.

You can regrab as long as you have less than or equal to 5 Dthrows in the stale moves queue. With a 9-move long registry, this should mean that Dthrow-->Pummel-->Pivot Grab is a true infinite. I tested it, and it works just like the standing infinite on Mario/Samus/Luigi/DK, and is a true infinite on Snake at least.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Wtf so DDD has always had dthrow-upsmash guaranteed on Sonic!?

Elletrico

Smash Cadet
Can somebody test this on SV platform?
We might be able to infinite more people on the moving platform.

Flayl

Smash Hero
D3: I actually made that video and listed the characters it works on (salt? a pinch yes)

About this manuever, is it absolutely essential to input down instead of say diagonal down-backward?

I'm trying to shortcut this Street Fighter 4 style.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Shouldn't the '>v>'-command plus the later input be overwritten if you perform it all before the current animation ends?

Something tells me the '>v>'-command isn't necessary.

Yikarur

Smash Master
it is.
if you buffer something the game will process through the inputs one after the other if possible.
So backdash (turnarround), crouch and back dash and the pivotgrab will happen in frame 1. (weird but this is how it works lol)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
depends on brawls buffering system, all you need for it to do is to make sure it executes the inputs needed

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=167109

Should the '>v>'-command plus the later input be overwritten if you perform it all before the current animation ends?

Something tells me the '>v>'-command isn't necessary.
you have to tell the game that you want to pivot grab in one spot, n you can only pivot grab out of a dash

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
So, how many inputs can the Buffering System mix together and execute on frame 1 after a move is completed?

I thought it was limited to 1+1+1 inputs.
Like, the 3 last inputs you did in the 10-frame Buffer Window were the only ones counting.
At least that's how advanced an outcome can usually get.

So, you could in theory buffer (if the Game Mechanics worked that way)
a maximum of 10 inputs (one in each frame of the Buffer Window) ???

Luxor

Smash Champion
Yeah, but some inputs will override others. This 4-input infinite is the most I've ever seen; BDACUS is only 3.

Also, I still have to double check to see if that Usmash is guaranteed with a stale Dthrow. Fresh it works fine, and fewer than five PROBABLY won't alter the effect, but if you CG Lucario across the stage and then try to Usmash him at the end and it whiffs, don't look at me.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
rly the best time to use usmash out of a dthrow is while they're falling off the platform[well spaced] or they're going up a slope out of the dthrow imo

Yikarur

Smash Master
Yeah, but some inputs will override others. This 4-input infinite is the most I've ever seen; BDACUS is only 3.

Also, I still have to double check to see if that Usmash is guaranteed with a stale Dthrow. Fresh it works fine, and fewer than five PROBABLY won't alter the effect, but if you CG Lucario across the stage and then try to Usmash him at the end and it whiffs, don't look at me.
stale Dthrow gets powershieldet D: +19 Frame Advantage instead of +20. It changes from +20 to +19 after the fith throw (like the infinites) .
Pummeling after each grab solves this problem.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Great news guys, you can indeed use shortcuts:

Using numerical pad notation:
- What you need: 4, 2, 4, 6+Z
- Easiest input: 1, 2, 1, 2, 3+Z

Yay for SF4 background :D

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Great, Flayl.

But...

Yay for SF4 background Street Fighter 2 :D

Fix'd

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Question:
I've pulled it off a couple times, but I want to know something specific...when EXACTLY do you start buffering during the dthrow? I'm a bit confused on the timing. Any visual ques?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Question:
I've pulled it off a couple times, but I want to know something specific...when EXACTLY do you start buffering during the dthrow? I'm a bit confused on the timing. Any visual ques?
During the last 10 frames of the dthrow.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Has anyone tried this with every character vs Ness/Lucas?
depends on the character we're talking about vs ness/lucas

ALL MY HATE

ALL MY HATE

I HATE ALL YOU GO**** PENGUINS :'(

except for Beef/Junk/Atomsk.

<3 you three.

edit: eek how could I forget dark3nergy </3.

<3 you too
you do know this is hard to do right homski

on an interesting side note snake has a jump out of C4/cypher

http://allisbrawl.com/video/video.aspx?id=34186

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323

Yay for SF4 background :D
This is particularly interesting. Do you have to return to neutral position after each directional input? If not, that'd make this a lot more feasible.

Yikarur

Smash Master
meh got it, but it's hard to understand if you weren't a street fighter player ever.
it.
It's like the numpad right? (not every laptop has a numpad though =P )
Easy way to remember :D

in this way the infinite seems to be possible. o:

Top Bottom