• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlplusery Official Codeset 5.0 RC1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

XACE-K

Smash Master
For tournamnet results, are characters, players, date and entry fee the only things you need? Or are there other things you need too besides those 4?

V-K

Smash Ace
Is there any way to get the RSBP text file of the 4.2 codeset?
I can´t edit it.

EDIT: No, it´s actually 4.1 although there is written 4.2

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
My main problem with the codeset is vertical kill moves don't kill like they should.

e.g. Snake's up tilt, DDD'd Up tilt, Mario's Up smash, samus' down tilt.
This is unfair on characters who kill vertically (e.g. samus) but characters who kill horrizantally and Gimp actually get buffed from the added gravity making it harder to reach to the stage then there is the No ASL which helps edgeguarding/hogging too, a big issue IMO.

second problem is falco's shine.

it is dis-jointed, it reflects projectiles, it is fast, it goes far, it spaces, it has priority, it combo's into his one of his main kill moves (Back air, which is crazy considering you opponents cound be on the GROUND on the left side far away from falco and now they are just behind on the right in the AIR).
there is no reason falco (who is a beast) deserves it.

bobson

Smash Lord
What exactly is the problem with stale moves? Why was it removed?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The main reason is that it encouraged a lot of mindless combos, such as u-tilt repeats.

We tried gradually reducing the amount of staling, but these noob "combos" persisted until finally we just removed it altogether.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Did you guys see the drowning mod in BBrawl ? I don't see why they added this since they said they wouldn't change "established rules", but I think it would be very interesting in Brawl+.
Basically, it changes the "almost drowning" state to "drowning", making water far more dangerous, and insta-kill at 90%+. Makes more stages viable. Well, at least more viable.

ShotgunIce

Smash Rookie
Hi, I've found some major problems with the PAL 4.1 codeset.

First of all, why is tripping back? Wasn't the removal of the random tripping one of the main features of Brawl+?

Second, the bug with Samus and ZSS. Samus won't shed her armor after the Zero Laser, nor will ZSS re-equip the Chozo armor after performing her FS. (The armor pieces just respawn...) I thought this would've been fixed by now.

Also the game occasionally crashes, when there are 3 or 4 players in a match. (My Wii's in perfect condition, so hardware/firmware isn't the problem. I don't know if this is an unavoidable bug, but I'd like to know why this happens...)

I understand that the makers of these codesets are quite busy, but please, at least do SOMETHING about the PAL codeset. (For example, replace it with the old one until the 4.1's been fixed?)
Thank you very much. =)

Revven

FrankerZ
1) It's a bug for the PAL Code set only and it only happens to Samus apparently.

2) It's a bug with the No force switch on death for Pokemon Trainer code, it's known.

3) Probably a PAL only bug.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Does anyone have the txt file for this codeset? I want to make a gct with it that has the new file patch code.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I thought one huge obvious problem with stale moves was the effect on guard stun.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
is there some sort of reason I can't up-B in the middle of a dashdance? <_< ****s up my good ol' DD -> dolphin slash mindgames from melee ;_;

Doval

Smash Lord
I thought one huge obvious problem with stale moves was the effect on guard stun.
Never even thought of this. That would suck pretty hard, with moves becoming increasingly unsafe VS shields.

As for Up-B out of dash, like VietGeek said, the problem should be Tap Jump being off. You can't really Up B out of dash or shield, it's just that you can cancel jumps with Up-Bs, and you can jump during both actions. With Tap Jump Off, you'll have to press Jump->Up->B or Up->Jump->B. I remapped X to Specials on my Tap Jump Off configuration so the Jump and Special buttons will be close together.

Alternatively turn on Tap Jump when playing Marth (or have a separate name for that.) There are some characters that simply don't need Tap Jump to function properly.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
lol oh crap
well that's still really dumb... I don't quite understand why I can upsmash and yet not Up-B in a DD w/ Tap Jump off though. <_<
Because in Brawl they let you Usmash out of a dash just by hitting Up+Smash (or C-stick). It reads the command as that and let's you do so.

In Melee, you can only do it because the jump cancels out of the initial dash, but reads Usmash, and thus allowed you to dash to usmash. Further evidence that it's the jump that did it in Melee was the fact that you cannot dash > usmash w/ C-stick only unless you CC'd before hand.

However, both games allow you to Usmash OoS by jump canceling.

/random

kciD

Smash Journeyman
If I change textures, would that screw up online play with other people that have this codeset?

Almas

Smash Lord
Textures are displayed on your Wii only. They will have no impact on online play. An exception is if you use a mismatched texture (e.g. a Pikachu texture on Ganondorf), which will cause a desynch.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
i downloaded the competitive brawl+ with textures, and everything works except for textures. all the noticeable changes of brawl+ are implemented except textures. Is this a bug, or just my problem?

also, maybe its the gravity, but pit's up b seems harder to pull off.

captain falcon is sooo different, it is almost like its melee. that being said, his gravity is tooo strong, that if there is a slight hill in a stage, a sh aerial wont work

Revven

FrankerZ
1) 4.1 doesn't have File Patch so texture don't work, you have to add it yourself.

2) Turn your buffer up.

3) Captain Falcon's gravity is more than fine, it's his short hop height which will not change because if it goes any higher he won't feel like Falcon. :(

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet
Is there a txt file of the 4.1B code? I wanted to use it to make my own personal GCTs, but I looked everywhere and I couldn't find one.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
1) 4.1 doesn't have File Patch so texture don't work, you have to add it yourself.

2) Turn your buffer up.

3) Captain Falcon's gravity is more than fine, it's his short hop height which will not change because if it goes any higher he won't feel like Falcon. :(
will do, if as the previous person said, if i can find a text file.

anyways, why does the download link say with textures, if it is not supported?

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
I've got a question about the actual version of B+ nightly builds.
Why does the game freeze when I start an online match (when it's supposed to go on character select screen), and why masterpieces don't work ? (black screen and no one wants to launch)

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet
I've got a question about the actual version of B+ nightly builds.
Why does the game freeze when I start an online match (when it's supposed to go on character select screen), and why masterpieces don't work ? (black screen and no one wants to launch)
Thanks
I've had the same problem too. I think it's actually because of the File Patch Code 3.5.1 because they'd work when it wasn't on.

But I do have another problem related to this. Whenever I try to play on Corneria, whether with the Nightly Build or with version 4.1B, it will always freeze during the match.

Foresight

Smash Rookie
Is there a plan to give the wild pokemon seperate down-b moves? I know we can change moves with PSA modifications, but don't know if we can make changes to the individual pokemon without changing Pokemon Trainer's moves too. It would be nice to incorporate this into Brawl+ if possible, to further differentiate the individual pokemon from the Trainer.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
They don't need a down b. And it would also mess up switching when playing as PT himself since the moves are "tied" to him.

Just learn not to press down b.

Revven

FrankerZ
Nothing, it's just a Mac file that happens to appear on the Windows when you download the file (as it was originally from shanus's SD Card). Nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom