• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlplusery Official Codeset 5.0 RC1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
In that experimental set, the landing lags (risks) for certain moves have been increased to better match their power (reward). Check the release notes first to make sure you're not testing one of those moves whose lag has been altered, first.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Can't play the set yet. Does Bowser have his AC fair back.

Also, lack of weakened Port Town cars is a bit saddening. But working backwards from being hit by the car in order to fix that does seem like a lot of work.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I don't know if it's just me, but the second uploaded version of Cape's set does not have the new SkyWorld for me. =[ The characters are correct though. No auto jabs (<3), etc.

Hope it's a nightly soon. I think I convinced our TO here to use the set, as long as it turns into a Nightly by Sunday, when we play our next tourney.

Oh, and what do you guys think about the new SkyWorld's stage ban position? CounterPick or Neutral?

The Cape

Smash Master
I would have to put the new Skyworld on Counterpick personally due to how it functions, good stage. Hope we can fix the stage for the nightly.

As for Bowser AC fair, I dont know why his physics were changed in the first place and had the AC fair removed, but most of the Bowser players for some reason like these physics better which is why they have remained unchanged.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
It's not really about who likes what or how fun anyone thinks it is. How do the physics changes benefit Bowser, aside from him "feeling" better. If I can't get a reason for that, all I can see is a character whose effectiveness was damaged for the sake of "feeling" natural, which just doesn't make sense. In the end Bowser lost one of his safest attacks and that's really about it.

Unless the physics changes actually do something and I'm wrong, which I seriously hope is the case. I don't think unnescesary changes should be allowed to worm their way into sets anymore. Look at Samus' jab for example. Let's not rush this nightly.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'll take Bowser with faster-paced physics in exchange for AC fair any day, IMO.

It's not just about him feeling "better." He was just too sluggish in the air as it was. He was slow to rise and slow to fall, which hindered his aerial game, as well as his shffl game outside the AC fair. Sure, it was a safe approach option, but I'd say the utility his other aerials gain due to his enhanced shffl game compensates for it.

The Cape

Smash Master
The physics really do assist with his aerials to his grounded attacks and assist with his shield pressuring abilities with good spacing. Since shield damage actually exists the lower SHs actually really assist his game and it turned out to be the better change in the end.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm up for it if Bowser is actually helped out by his new physics. I just didn't want to see him held down by them worse than he was before.

The Cape

Smash Master
Bowser is actually really solid now in Brawl+ since the lower hitstun helps him get comboed less and he has a fair amount of KO power with the balanced risk and reward of his moves. His throw power is also a bit nuts which helps him to build damage and KO really low.

I think Bowser is doing very well for himself in Brawl+ personally.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
It's done, just waiting on the word to release it.
The set that doesn't freeze, with Dedede, Charizard, the game in general, has changed Sky World, and is going to be a Nightly set? Really? That's sooner than I expected, but I like it! As long as you aren't putting it out too early, not getting a chance to fix any of the little problems, I'm cool with this.

Tell us when it's out, please! :chuckle:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
The set that doesn't freeze, with Dedede, Charizard, the game in general, has changed Sky World, and is going to be a Nightly set? Really? That's sooner than I expected, but I like it! As long as you aren't putting it out too early, not getting a chance to fix any of the little problems, I'm cool with this.

had a little trouble reading that; did you say that the skyworld fix has been added?

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Sorry. I was just asking if the finished set, if that's what he is waiting to release now, has the SkyWorld fix, because I don't know if it's there yet. The second version of his set doesn't, for me at least.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
last i heard on the skyworld fix, the top platforms would randomly spawn and rise into the air, killing anybody standing on them. i also haven't heard much in regards to the spear pillar fix and the mew MK1-2 (which looked pretty functional in Neko's vid, save for the death at the beginning).

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite

There's gonna be a lot more. ;)

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
lol, wut, Popo? Did you try his first set? It had the SkyWorld fix, and it played, for me, just fine.

The second version of his set, the one that freezes less, is the one that doesn't have the Sky World fix. The Cape did mention that he'd like it fixed.

There's gonna be a lot more. ;)
All of that is already finished and just waiting to be released? Sky World fix and everything? That's awesome! I hope you release it by Sunday, so I can get to use it for our weeklies here. :chuckle:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
lol, wut, Popo? Did you try his first set? It had the SkyWorld fix, and it played, for me, just fine.

The second version of his set, the one that freezes less, is the one that doesn't have the Sky World fix. The Cape did mention that he'd like it fixed. vvv

And because Bionic Sonic said that the updater was already ready, just awaiting the word to go, I was thinking that Cape had finished early, with the Sky World fix intact.
oh, really? i didn't bother playing on skyworld because i just assumed it wasn't fixed.

The Cape

Smash Master
I tried to finish all the balance changes I could for this nightly. About 99% of that is done. Now its time for Shanus, Dantarion and crew to add all the pretty extras to the mix :)

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Cape when are you expecting a public release of your build? Unless you already stated when and I just missed it...

Also something I noticed about B+ that I'm sure someone else has seen too but I'll mention it anyway: Wolf's ^B when causes this weird kind of stunning if it hits a grounded opponent. Like they just stand there, almost like they are frozen for a second.

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
Cape when are you expecting a public release of your build? Unless you already stated when and I just missed it...

Also something I noticed about B+ that I'm sure someone else has seen too but I'll mention it anyway: Wolf's ^B when causes this weird kind of stunning if it hits a grounded opponent. Like they just stand there, almost like they are frozen for a second.
it's been there for a while.

IC3R

Smash Lord
I tried to finish all the balance changes I could for this nightly. About 99% of that is done. Now its time for Shanus, Dantarion and crew to add all the pretty extras to the mix :)
Dood.

Electric element on Falcon's pummel and Gentleman.

srsly

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
I do like the sound of that. BBrawl does that, at least on pummel iirc and it is a pretty cool effect. Cape's build has less hit/shield stun right? Brawl+'s over-abundance of auto combos (or combos that are generally too easy to perform) and should-be risky moves that are practically safe on shield are starting to bug me...

IC3R

Smash Lord
I do like the sound of that. BBrawl does that, at least on pummel iirc and it is a pretty cool effect. Cape's build has less hit/shield stun right? Brawl+'s over-abundance of auto combos (or combos that are generally too easy to perform) and should-be risky moves that are practically safe on shield are starting to bug me...
I only want it because of aethetic consistency. Falcon uses his Knee in three different attacks, but only one gets the power surge.

Wario pimps you for coins, so why not?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Quiet, troll.

Cape's build has less hit/shield stun right? Brawl+'s over-abundance of auto combos (or combos that are generally too easy to perform) and should-be risky moves that are practically safe on shield are starting to bug me...
That's one of the primary things we've been addressing in Cape's set. Making things less EZ mode.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I only want it because of aethetic consistency. Falcon uses his Knee in three different attacks, but only one gets the power surge.

Wario pimps you for coins, so why not?
To be consistent, the pummel and gentleman should do the same damage and knock back as the knee.

Seriously, save the epicness for an epic attack.

Veril

Frame Savant
There are far fewer autocombos than people are complaining about. For nearly all of the "E-Z"combos you can SDI out with practice. Practice > Johns. The genuinely inescapable combos almost all stem from throws. I main the character who suffers the most hitstun out of the cast, and is also the most vulnerable to (non-CG) throw combos. The ONLY combos I have trouble with are d-throw combos.

Lowering hitstun, at least to .44, is not the answer. Its just way too drastic a change. I'm still looking at .46.

Cape's set makes a lot of good changes, and well... a lot of changes in general. I think that the d-throw alterations are more significant in improving the game than reducing hitstun (which honestly, makes me prefer 5.0, aside from Ness... atm)

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I'm gonna have to disagree there. Are you saying you want .46 hitstun with air dodge during tumble, or .44 without?

Mixing those doesn't really work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom