• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlers hate us-What can we do?-READ FIRST POST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
it is wrong to judge by one's join date, but if his/her posts are completely ******** which then does reflect one's understanding about these games melee and brawl, then it's fine to say that he/she doesn't know what the hell their talking about, unfortunately though, most people that join this late provide nothing but dumb posts that expresses their stupidity in the rawest form

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
just cause we didnt join b4 feb. 2008 doesnt mean we dont know anything. ive been playing smash for years. wait! whats that, i joined may 08, i guess i dont anything then according 2 jayrocs.

Ørion

Smash Ace
Personally, I don't think that the majority of brawlers hate the people who still play melee. I have never meet someone who thinks this way. Also, if you look in the brawl forums, you do not see threads like "bringing down melee". IMO, there is more ill will in the people who still play melee. I can understand your frustration, but must disagree that brawlers hate melee.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
also, just because you've been playing smash for 'years' doesn't mean you know a lot about the game, there are plenty of noobs out there that's played melee since it's been out, yet know nothing other than character's movesets

Zodiac

Smash Master
Personally, I don't think that the majority of brawlers hate the people who still play melee. I have never meet someone who thinks this way. Also, if you look in the brawl forums, you do not see threads like "bringing down melee". IMO, there is more ill will in the people who still play melee. I can understand your frustration, but must disagree that brawlers hate melee.
For the first time theres a calm going on between the melee players and the brawl players, but before this, can you deny we were at each others throats constantly?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Well when the few, loud mouth Brawl haters stop trolling the Brawl boards, I'm sure the Brawlers will stop hating the..... Meleers.

otg

Smash Master
Well when the few, loud mouth Brawl haters stop trolling the Brawl boards, I'm sure the Brawlers will stop hating the..... Meleers.
Dude, I think the Melee crowd is past that now. Things are in motion, and now our focus is jump starting the Melee community. People are leaving Brawl day by day to join us, so I think it's in everyone's best interest to start learning both games if you want to actually compete.

TBH though, my friend and I barely play Brawl anymore, yet yesterday he placed first in a tournament around here. Easy money indeed.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd try to bring back Melee but I'm literally stuck on an island with a bunch of people that prefer Brawl. Very few [as in, 2 or 3 people] did any advanced techniques in Melee and they've moved on to Brawl, I haven't seen them recently so maybe they don't like Brawl anymore but the community here was so small you could count it on your hands and Brawl just caused that community to split.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
If the ignorant Melee bashers didn't speak like they knew what they were talking about when they don't, I'm sure none of this would have happened anyway.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
there are more loud mouth melee haters trolling around everywhere trying their best to not speak directly about how they feel

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Dude, I think the Melee crowd is past that now. Things are in motion, and now our focus is jump starting the Melee community. People are leaving Brawl day by day to join us, so I think it's in everyone's best interest to start learning both games if you want to actually compete.

TBH though, my friend and I barely play Brawl anymore, yet yesterday he placed first in a tournament around here. Easy money indeed.
Of course for the most part the Melee crowd is past that, but you know there will be yahoos of the crowd. lol

If the ignorant Melee bashers didn't speak like they knew what they were talking about when they don't, I'm sure none of this would have happened anyway.
Of course, the yahoos on Brawl's side are just as crazy. And if there really more 'scrubbish' and 'n00bish,' the Melee supporters should be the bigger man and just leave them alone.

Ørion

Smash Ace
For the first time theres a calm going on between the melee players and the brawl players, but before this, can you deny we were at each others throats constantly?
I won't deny that previously things were...heated, and would never suggest that there are not some moronic brawl trollers just trying to stir up trouble, but my point is that at the present there is little anti-melee activity in the brawl section.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I won't deny that previously things were...heated, and would never suggest that there are not some moronic brawl trollers just trying to stir up trouble, but my point is that at the present there is little anti-melee activity in the brawl section.
The only anti Brawl activity is going on in the already "GAMEFAQed" General Board.

Anyways, my 2 cents on the issue is as follows: Brawl may not be anywhere as near as great as Melee, but it is still possibly the best game on the Wii. If you play it for a while, it'll grow on you as well. With that said, it'll still never compare to Melee....never.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
I can't deny that a certain portion of the community was doing this, but I don't know if that portion represented the majority of the community seeing the vast amount of Brawl players at that time. And now that we have reached this "calm," aren't you satisfied?

And I don't know about Brawl growing on me. It seems to get less interesting the more I play.

gantrain05

Smash Master
personally i dont think brawlers hate meleers or vice versa, they just disagree about key points in each game, i really don't see where all the hate came in, they are both great games lets leave it at that.

Sliq

Smash Master
Anyways, my 2 cents on the issue is as follows: Brawl may not be anywhere as near as great as Melee, but it is still possibly the best game on the Wii.
No More Heroes would like a word with you.

Furthermore, Brawl has ruined these forums by pumping mass amount of stupid people into it ALL AT ONCE, causing all the people that know what they are talking about wanting to murder many, many people.

It's irritating to have a ******* tell you about something, because you know he's a *******, and you know what he is saying, and no matter how hard you might try to communicate your ideas to him, he's far too stupid to even begin grasping these concepts.

L__

Smash Master
May I ask what QFT stands for? If this is apparently too much for a new user who favors Melee than I apologize. <__<

I do agree that Brawl has brought us ignorant people who will not listen to people who go so in depth with a game like Melee, but I have this feeling that the hype over Brawl will subside. If not, worse case scenario will be that along with the standing Brawl community, the Melee community will deteriorate. Hopefully Isai will save us. XD

L__

Smash Master
And once again I apologize what's 10char and inb4lock (My guess...In before thread lock?)

UberBlackCleric

Smash Cadet
there was a thread in the brawl boards a while back that explained alot of this. Also, some of it is in one of the stickies either here or the meet & greet section, i dont remember.

anyways, posts have to be at least 10 characters long, should someone want to only say "lol" they add "10chars" to the bottom of their post to reach the minimum amount.

inb4 is indeed "In before" then you add whatever you assume is going to happen: Inb4sliqrapesn00bs, and such

debaser

Smash Lord
And once again I apologize what's 10char and inb4lock (My guess...In before thread lock?)
you have to post a minimum of 10 characters.

so when people just wanna say "lol" or something they say (10char) so they can post

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
uuhh.. no, thats not why.
Actually, yeah. That is part of the problem. People come into Scar's thread all the time and belittle Brawl players simply for not playing Melee. No explanation, not logic, just mindless flames and claims that anyone who plays Brawl must be a ******. That is what pisses people off. Not to mention, it'd be a little different if it was '08 joiners doing it, but we have people who have been on SWF for years talking this kind of sh*t. No wonder people are at odds with each other.

@Grunt: OMG, someone sigged me. I'm tickled. :laugh:

doodmahn

Smash Journeyman
What the hell? We don't hate you guys. What gave you that impression?

EDIT: Looking through this forum, it seems that the Melee forum is doing the hating. :\ I don't feel like starting a fight, because that's not going to help anything, but seriously, quit being so passive aggressive. We can all play what we want to. IF, and that's a big if, IF melee ends up dying out in the long run, then it's not Brawl's fault. You cannot stop the tide. Life goes on.

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
Those yellow brawl jerk offs can come to New England any time they want, I'll give them the melee special. A boot in the arse.

Brawl is boring and requires no skill, I've played it, and wanted to play melee maybe after 10 minutes

Brawl sucks, Team melee FTW

--MOP

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
this is just my prediction, Brawl is probably one of the most hyped up games ever, and it's not even released worldwide yet. But while the anticipation builds in Europe and Australia, Melee is slowly dying because our old Melee pros are moving to Brawl. By the time Brawl's hype has settled down, Melee will be dead. Once again, that's just my evaluation and prediction. Sorry if I was to pecimistic (If that's how u spell it)

Zodiac

Smash Master
What the hell? We don't hate you guys. What gave you that impression?

EDIT: Looking through this forum, it seems that the Melee forum is doing the hating. :\ I don't feel like starting a fight, because that's not going to help anything, but seriously, quit being so passive aggressive. We can all play what we want to. IF, and that's a big if, IF melee ends up dying out in the long run, then it's not Brawl's fault. You cannot stop the tide. Life goes on.
What the hell? yes you did, finally other than this and one other thread I can think of has died out and people are starting to calm down but (forive me) idiots like you keep the fire going. Brawlers absolutley hated us because the brawl vs melee argument kept going on and they thought we were attacking brawl, it started because of a misunderstanding, then brawlers started attacking melee. and vice versa, all out forums war errupted for the last few months and now were in a calm so please everyone just shut up and leave this thread, let it die, dont even respond to me, I dont care how bad you want to tell me off or post your opinion, if you want to that bad pm me.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
The one thing that is bothering me about the flaming is that the whole Melee boards, though it IS getting a LOT better, is basically talking about Brawl. Personally, being more of a Melee'er (ooh, 08 Melee player!), I don't want to hear about some of the Brawl things when I go to the Melee boards, because I Brawl boards surely aren't discussing Melee. What I, personally, want is for the Melee boards to be discussing Melee; I'm new, I want to learn, I want to get good, and instead, I'm just hearing more and more Brawl stuff.

L__

Smash Master
How about everyone stops posting about "Preventing the Melee vs. Brawl" in general? Because someone (usually with >100 posts will "attempt to mend the smash community" when it gathers people with more understanding knowledge (usually) to describe the obvious and what has been discussed several times over with a bunch of backed up information and the flame war restarts. Meh. Then a bunch of people with >50 posts will come to "defend" Brawl by saying that the Melee-ers always attempt to flame/rag on the Brawl-ers which brings out the Melee-ers who say that Brawl "sucks" and we start another thread about flaming. To be honest a game does not "suck" any more than another. A game is a game and we all have our own different opinions/tastes etc. So really anyone has the chance to voice their own opinion, just don't offend anyone while doing it.

Note~ Although I have only ~100 posts, don't flame me because you think I don't know anything as well as others that will have some reliable information. For example, I would not consider myself pro, but I am not a "noob" either. (the "noob" part is in quotes because everyone has their own ideas of noob, pro etc.) I often talk to Zhu, Falcomist, (I used to talk to m2k but...whatever it wasn't much.) Anyways I do consider Brawl fun, but that's all it is to me. No technicality, not very fast paced, and the sweetspotting is boring. I prefer Melee because it's fun technical wise, plus I'm learning a lot from various people and having fun meeting/learning from them.

Zodiac

Smash Master
The one thing that is bothering me about the flaming is that the whole Melee boards, though it IS getting a LOT better, is basically talking about Brawl. Personally, being more of a Melee'er (ooh, 08 Melee player!), I don't want to hear about some of the Brawl things when I go to the Melee boards, because I Brawl boards surely aren't discussing Melee. What I, personally, want is for the Melee boards to be discussing Melee; I'm new, I want to learn, I want to get good, and instead, I'm just hearing more and more Brawl stuff.
Fair enough. lets talk about melee from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom