• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlers hate us-What can we do?-READ FIRST POST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun.

Smash Lord
it would be a false statement to say that items had nothing to with the outcome of that match.

m2k scoled the evo ruleset back in melee days, and i am pretty sure ken's not too happy with the evo rules either

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
until the majority of brawlers realise that melee has far more depth than ssbb and the melee players realise that brawl does have depth nonetheless, then the war will continue.

XP Majority of ppl have realised this anyway so that is why the flames aren't that severe anymore

L__

Smash Master
until the majority of brawlers realise that melee has far more depth than ssbb and the melee players realise that brawl does have depth nonetheless, then the war will continue.

XP Majority of ppl have realised this anyway so that is why the flames aren't that severe anymore
Give me your definition of depth.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
Give me your definition of depth.
depth in a game imo = a game where you can get better at it as you play/practice with it more. the deeper a game, the better you can get at the game without reaching a "peak" too soon.

Considering the game has been out for nearly a year, not many people (if any) have reached the peak of brawl. and someone who has played the game for ages competitively will not get beat by someone who has been playing competitively for a while.

daisey

Smash Apprentice
yeah because brawlers know they suck at games that require high tech skill and fast paced mindgames, so they are hostile towards those that have reached high level of play in melee, when they aren't seen irl, they like to post around youtube/boards 'now you guys can't win with your wavedash and glitches', seriously, stfu, suck my ballllls
Im going to have to agree with this completely, comments like that seriously piss me off. Here its only the noob/skill-less people that like melee.

I actually do hate brawl and would love to see its demise, but i dont flame or hate people that like or play brawl or participate in their tournaments or whatever. I have friends that only play brawl and they understand the fact that i prefer melee. I play brawl at times, i only see it as mario party fun but thats about it.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
depth in a game imo = a game where you can get better at it as you play/practice with it more. the deeper a game, the better you can get at the game without reaching a "peak" too soon.

Considering the game has been out for nearly a year, not many people (if any) have reached the peak of brawl. and someone who has played the game for ages competitively will not get beat by someone who has been playing competitively for a while.
I think you explained one of the major aspects of a game with depth, but as for an actual definition, how's this?

Depth is logical (or perhaps mathematical at times) complications created by the amount of possible factors that affect a particular situation. I am guessing that the amount of possible factors that players must take into account determines the game's depth.

So if players have fewer options during a Brawl match than a Melee match, then I would be willing to bet that Melee has more depth.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I don't hate Melee players, I enjoy Melee and Brawl both competitively and casually and have friends who like to play both with me. I must not be of this world. I must choose a side and flame the other side. Haha I kid.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
I think you explained one of the major aspects of a game with depth, but as for an actual definition, how's this?

Depth is logical (or perhaps mathematical at times) complications created by the amount of possible factors that affect a particular situation. I am guessing that the amount of possible factors that players must take into account determines the game's depth.

So if players have fewer options during a Brawl match than a Melee match, then I would be willing to bet that Melee has more depth.
thats an awesome definition. and yes while I believe that melee has far more depth than brawl, that isn't to say that brawl does not have depth

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
How to stop Brawlers hating you in 1 easy step.

1. Stop the Melee : Brawl comparisons/debates. They are different games. Accept it and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom