• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlers hate us-What can we do?-READ FIRST POST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
so we're currently back on the talk about melee alone...

also, i believe it was still the brawldouches that started the hating

melee people discusses why melee is > than brawl, brawl scrubs can't handle the truth, so they start talking bs like melee is purely glitches

yeah that's how i think it started, suck my nutz

N355

Smash Apprentice
meleers just don't want melee to die. We are aggravated at what brawl has done. we are trying to defend what we know and love, melee.

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
I think the frustration comes from frustration from melee vets which I have too. A lot of times brawl n00bs (not to say that there are not cool brawlers, but a lot of them are n00bs simply because the game is new and has caused an influx of new members) will post stupid things talking about how brawl is better or the pro-melee people are just haters. Whereas the melee vets have had up to 7 years of history playing melee and then brawl comes along and threatens to destroy the entire melee scene without being competitive at all on its own. And despite the fact that I am no melee vet, I definitely agree with them, because I would love to get involved in the melee scene, and for now I just hope it won't be destroyed by people abondoning ship to brawl. I really think, and hope that people will begin to understand the lack of competitve value in brawl and switch back to melee, because I am not sure if I could take Brawl as my only source of competition.

Again, sorry if my posts are misguided and false, these are of course just my opinions.

Edit: Sorry, don't know how I missed these last couple of posts. I won't mention the word brawl anymore.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
bigred, it's not that brawl is destroying melee, it's those people with their terrible attitudes, hence the word difference between scrub/noob, noob is something we are always going to be at one time and another, scrub is refering mainly on attitude, you get the idea : )

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Brawler, but I don't hate you. I think Melee is better than Brawl but that Brawl has room to progress. It may not get as good as Melee but I think it will be pretty decent.

M@v

Subarashii!
I play brawl more often. However, I like both games competitively. Brawl tourney? Im there. Melee Tourney? Im there too. Both games are excellent IMO. I just wish there more people that are as smart at debating as on the melee side on the brawl side. That way there wouldnt be mindless flame attacks on melee. >_>

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I talk to the people that play Brawl they say they like Melee more, but they still aren't doing anything for Melee. If you attend Brawl tournaments and don't even tell anyone you'd rather have Melee, you're trying to kill Melee. Even if you say it's the better game you're trying to bury it because you don't do anything.

I think if these people stepped it up Melee would be back in a big way, but instead they follow Brawl like a bunch of sheep. Brawl sheep. Breep.
I resent that stereotype. Well not really. Often times people can get sensitive about. For reasons I don't know. I play Brawl as well. I understand that there are probably lots of people who don't like Melee and prefer brawl. You should respect their opinion and they should respect your preference for Melee.

Agreed, demand Melee at tournaments! I finally got to see Pc Chris vs. Cort finals where they did a Snake ditto. It's like pulling teeth it's so boring to watch. The Brawl community will fail when it loses it's backing by most major tournaments (evo), and hopefully we can continue the underground tournament scene.

I'm going to try and start hosting tournaments in the NYC area strictly for Melee in the near future, so people in the NE it would be awesome to gain your support it. Details to come.
They should have more Melee tournaments. Although I do not participate I do enjoy watching. I have to agree with otg. Brawl tournaments are boooooorrrrriiiiinnnngggg......:ohwell: Melee tournaments are more exciting and a little more action packed. Like a thriller (e.g. The show "24")
Although we should have more Melee tournaments, it's not global warming. Calm down a bit.

Thats exactly what we need otg, we need people to start hosting melee tournaments pronto, Im doing all I can to get smash running in my area, ESPECIALLY if you guys live ina big smash area like New York City, or just about anywhere in Cali. Start hosting melee tournaments!

Remember, dont be a breep(Brawl sheep!)
Again, not Global Warming...:ohwell:

I have to admit, I hate Brawl but I play it anyway because it's all anyone will play. 90% of people on the Brawl boards are complete idiots. I only have a few friends that still play Melee over Brawl and the only tournaments in my area are mostly Brawl. It's really sad and I hate it but I don't have the time or resources to start my own just Melee tournament. I would give up Brawl entirely if there was more of a Melee scene where I am. Brawl is boring. SOMEONE HOST A MELEE TOURNEY IN CINCINNATI!!
That's really offensive.

I was going to rant about all the wrong things you said in this post, but I've decided against it. It's all been said before. Frankly, Brawl is just BORING, and lacks depth. Sure you can say the game is fresh and AT's might develop, but I don't see it and I don't like how people are jumping ship on an already established and limitless fighting game like Melee for a half-*****, watered down sequel. As for these tournaments that I'll be missing out on, have fun fighting 40,000 Snakes and Meta knights!
I think Brawl is cool although i prefer Melee. Remember, just because someone prefers Brawl over Melee, does not automatically think that because Melee was to hard for them. Imagine if Gimpyfish (btw this is purely hypothetical I don't think will happen) liked Braw over Melee. Would he be a N00B too?

I say all of these with the utmost respect for both your opinions and ideas.:p

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
I play brawl more often. However, I like both games competitively. Brawl tourney? Im there. Melee Tourney? Im there too. Both games are excellent IMO. I just wish there more people that are as smart at debating as on the melee side on the brawl side. That way there wouldnt be mindless flame attacks on melee. >_>
Although I am probably stereotyping and going against what i believe..... a lot of the people who play Brawl ONLY do not know the depth of Melee and any depth that could possibly be in Brawl has not been discovered, if there is none then it will never be discovered. Therefore they have no basis for their arguments.:dizzy::dizzy:

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
For real, If you've ever tried to intelligently debate over in the general brawl you got flamed hardcore for "hating brawl"
Well, we should flame them back for being noobs who love Brawl but never even tried to play Melee. Those people who make themselves believe that Brawl is better haven't exposed themselves to the truth. If they know the truth but refuse to accept it, then they are total noobs and they should learn to face facts. Then again, we can always knock some sense into them.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Well, we should flame them back for being noobs who love Brawl. Those people who make themselves believe that Brawl is better haven't exposed themselves to the truth. If they know the truth but refuse to accept it, then they are total noobs and they should learn to face facts. Then again, we can always knock some sense into them.
Although there are those that just "go with the flow" there are hardcore Melee Players who enjoy Brawl more just because. They should not be flamed for love\ing Brawl, they should be flamed for forcing themselves to love Brawl.

LoyalSoldier

Smash Apprentice
Well, we should flame them back for being noobs who love Brawl.
Which is the problem right there. While many do not see Brawlers as "noobs" a lot of people do. I love Brawl and I won several tournaments in Melee. I agree Melee is a lot more technical, but that is the reason I love brawl because it is nice to be able to play a game with friends where I don't need to mash 20 buttons to be good at it.

Also all of my friends who were just as good at Melee have all gone off to college or else where so I don't have anyone I can play Melee at a high level with.

Both are good games. Why do we have to pick and choose?

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Which is the problem right there. While many do not see Brawlers as "noobs" a lot of people do. I love Brawl and I won several tournaments in Melee. I agree Melee is a lot more technical, but that is the reason I love brawl because it is nice to be able to play a game with friends where I don't need to mash 20 buttons to be good at it.

Also all of my friends who were just as good at Melee have all gone off to college or else where so I don't have anyone I can play Melee at a high level with.

Both are good games. Why do we have to pick and choose?
Nicely put, but you are risking being called a N00B by "pro" melee players, by saying you love Brawl.

British Geezer

Smash Cadet
I like all three Smash games equally. I think Melee's the best right now, but once a good metagame is developed in Brawl, it might see some popularity. Smash 64 is great for parties, Melee is great for intense matches and competitions, and Brawl is great for passing time at home.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
we dont hate you for hating brawl just we cant figure out why you would prefer the out-dated version over the fresh new version...i dont hate melee (without it there would be no brawl) but it got boring quickly and the CPU sucked plus it was too fast-paced and didnt feel right, also there is way less options......

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
we dont hate you for hating brawl just we cant figure out why you would prefer the out-dated version over the fresh new version...i dont hate melee (without it there would be no brawl) but it got boring quickly and the CPU sucked plus it was too fast-paced and didnt feel right, also there is way less options......
It's just their preference. They enjoy the fast-paced competitiveness of Melee. Being very competitive myself I can relate. In my opinion Melee is better than Brawl. Although I've moved on to Brawl I still play melee. Just respect our opinion and let it go. :):)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
brawlers hate melee people? last i remember, it was the other way around >.>

Zodiac

Smash Master
Wow, I think this has gone way off topic of what I originally intended it to be, at the time of posting, brawlers did hate us, that is the truth of it. And I was concerned that unless the debate ended it could break the community in two, or worse destroy it all together. This isnt a melee vs brawl thread, it was never intended for defending melee, it was never intended for defending brawl and I made that clear in my original post. It was so the melee side of things could gather and find a way to reach a compromise so that the mass brawl/melee hate would end. I wanted things moving towards a better smashboards to start here because at the time you could not mention melee anywhere in the brawl boards without getting flamed. that's still true, but to a much lesser degree. And it sure as hell wasnt going to start in the brawl boards if I, a known "brawl hater" posted there trying to resolve things.

As for respecting your opinion, sure why not. and then I'll respectfully tell you your just playing a game that requires crap for skill and at its peak reaches about a quarter of the skill it took the play melee. again, I could sit here and spout out a bunch of logical thought out facts about why melee is better than brawl and it could never be played as a true competitive game. But the fact is that the brawl boards still have a lot of growing up to do and it would all be rebutted by "Nuh uh! Brawl is better!"

The brawl boards have people like R.Y.N.O. and others who can debate intelligently, and frankly, whether you guys have realized it or not its now your duty to drive the brawl boards past their noob attitudes and post's and towards growing as a community. Frankly the reason most of us dont like posting there is because the idiocy rate is about 70%, two to three months ago it was 99%.

The problem I presented when I made this thread has started to vanish and Im thankful for that. But brawl boards still have a ways to go.

Again, I think we can all agree that what I just said is true and that we want the brawl boards to grow up, Im not trying to be harsh here, I just want some conflict resolved. Again, Intelligent brawl posters, go make an example on the brawl boards.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
yeah because brawlers know they suck at games that require high tech skill and fast paced mindgames, so they are hostile towards those that have reached high level of play in melee, when they aren't seen irl, they like to post around youtube/boards 'now you guys can't win with your wavedash and glitches', seriously, stfu, suck my ballllls

Zodiac

Smash Master
yeah because brawlers know they suck at games that require high tech skill and fast paced mindgames, so they are hostile towards those that have reached high level of play in melee, when they aren't seen irl, they like to post around youtube/boards 'now you guys can't win with your wavedash and glitches', seriously, stfu, suck my ballllls
Your not called lol master for nothin! because that is litterally the exact words I've heard from some of the scrub brawlers,(which at the start of this was like all of them)

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
bigred, it's not that brawl is destroying melee, it's those people with their terrible attitudes, hence the word difference between scrub/noob, noob is something we are always going to be at one time and another, scrub is refering mainly on attitude, you get the idea : )
I'll add on to this,
A noob is someone who is new to competitive play, but aknowledges that they are not pro and are willing to learn and improve.

A scrub is someone who is new to competitive play, but thinks they are all that and can beat anyone at anytime, and they say arrogant and ignorant stuff all the time. That is all

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
I honestly really want to enjoy playing brawl, but It's just soo slow and campy if you want to win. I think i only lasted like 2 days before switching back to melee

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Most Brawlers hate Melee player because many people go into GBD just to flame and spam. It gets old. Fast.

But I wuv Melee.

LolDesh

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK377cGmEVM

this vid, sums up, what i dont like about brawl, why i like melee, and shows everything you're never going to find in a brawl combo video of any sort.

I watch this vid because it keeps me watching :p seriously its awesome entertainment for me.
i challenge anyone to find a video from brawl (combo or match video) that is more entertaining then , dsw vs m2k set, or ken vs bomb soldier (although its not as impressive anymore, its still entertaining!) or the 4 leaf mango vid. i nearly had and orgy watching that. Q_Q

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
For real, If you've ever tried to intelligently debate over in the general brawl you got flamed hardcore for "hating brawl" I dont like brawl as a competitive game but as a something just to play its fine.

But the problem is, they(most of them) think that everyone that prefers melee hates brawl and wants to see its demise. Does anyone have a problem with that? I do, I do because its going to end up putting a big friggen wall in between melee players and brawlers, and very possibly cause another Soul Calibur 3 incident where the entire competitive community as a whole came to a screeching halt.

Is anyone else worried about the hostility reaching a point where it can literally decide the fate of the entire smash scene?
I'm not worried. Then again, in the Bay Area, it seems as if Melee is still going strong. Some of the people who switched to Brawl still play Melee, and some of the people still switched. It's true that some Brawl players have a negative attitude towards Melee players, which I feel isn't based off of anything legitimate. I suck at Brawl. Granted, I've only played it once, but I got pwned terribly because it was so hard to get used to. IMHO, the difference between Brawl and Melee is greater than the difference between Melee and 64. I think that's where the hostility might be coming from. They're both games under the 'smash' name, but they're radically different to play. Once you get used to one, the other seems quite alien. Still, I believe the smash community is doing fine, at least from what I've seen here in the Bay Area.

studly

Smash Ace
i just recently started posting on the melee boards for the first time....
my group of BRAWL players decided we wanted a better smash game than brawl...so we came backwards to melee

maybe its possible that the conflict will eventually resolve itself when other brawl player like myself eventually just realize that melee is better and go backwards

i mean the melee comunity increased by twelve players as a result of a ten second conversation...

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
i just recently started posting on the melee boards for the first time....
my group of BRAWL players decided we wanted a better smash game than brawl...so we came backwards to melee

maybe its possible that the conflict will eventually resolve itself when other brawl player like myself eventually just realize that melee is better and go backwards

i mean the melee comunity increased by twelve players as a result of a ten second conversation...
keyword, MAYBE. A lot of Brawlers are to proud and ignorant to come to Melee. It would be like them admitting defeat, which we all know is hard to do.

Or, maybe what you said will come true. For a small while, I prefered Brawl. *Personal speech coming* Then I realized that Melee was the game that really inspired me to actually have a big interest in gaming. Then when I discovered competitive play around April 2007, (me being a big nerd and everything) I thought, Finally! A sport that I can finally be good at! (besides Bible Bowl).

But when I played Brawl, I thought it was more fun and still needed time to sink in to the community. Then I read some interviews of Sakurai that had him mention that he intentionally tried to eliminate competitive Smashing. It made me REALLY angry because playing Melee competitivley allowed me to get to know some of my friends who are now some of my closest friends now.

That's a really long version of why I still prefer Melee
srry if I over did it...

Cinder

Smash Master
We can only hope...

And yeah, I got a bit of uncalled for flack today about my switch...so, I felt like Brawl was too slow for my taste >.>...big deal...

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
I thought it was because we have sooo much more information about the smash series then they do, but I guess I am wrong.
It's the random, unnecessary bursts of Brawl hatred that come from Melee players. It doesn't accomplish anything to randomly say that anyone who like Brawl is an idiot.

studly

Smash Ace
keyword, MAYBE. A lot of Brawlers are to proud and ignorant to come to Melee. It would be like them admitting defeat, which we all know is hard to do.

Or, maybe what you said will come true. For a small while, I prefered Brawl. *Personal speech coming* Then I realized that Melee was the game that really inspired me to actually have a big interest in gaming. Then when I discovered competitive play around April 2007, (me being a big nerd and everything) I thought, Finally! A sport that I can finally be good at! (besides Bible Bowl).

But when I played Brawl, I thought it was more fun and still needed time to sink in to the community. Then I read some interviews of Sakurai that had him mention that he intentionally tried to eliminate competitive Smashing. It made me REALLY angry because playing Melee competitivley allowed me to get to know some of my friends who are now some of my closest friends now.

That's a really long version of why I still prefer Melee
srry if I over did it...
before i switched i was really skeptical of the melee players who wouldnt switch to brawl...and then i looked to joining the heavy brawl community....but now it seems the only smash worth my deepest efforts is melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom