• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Robocop Rule Set

Zero

Smash Hero
Almost all, if not all sports allow coaching in between matches. Lots of sports even have coaching mid match. It doesn't really affect the competitiveness of it all.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
I think that bringing the general ruleset for sports isnt really a valid reason for saying why something should or should not be a certain way. Its not impossible for a majority to be wrong ;D

C~Dog

Smash Champion
lol **** this hey.

Like th best thing about Majors is the comradery I feel towards my fellow New South Walesians.

No coaching makes tourney less fun.
It's called Singles for a reason Ted.

You were born alone, you will play Singles alone, and you will **** sure DIE ALONE!!!

ALOOOONNNEEE!!!!!

Hotdog

Smash Lord
No breathing allowed till match is completed.

That will prevent camping, heh heh heh.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Almost all, if not all sports allow coaching in between matches. Lots of sports even have coaching mid match. It doesn't really affect the competitiveness of it all.
Almost all - Billiards and Tennis (pretty sure? I haven't seen it lol) are the two examples I can think of that disallow any coaching at all between games/sets... The only sport I can think of that allows coaching during a game is martial arts, and this is mainly due to the noise being so loud that it renders this coaching redundant anyway :p But you do have a point XD

TBH I agree with Ted somewhat - I don't think it's conducive to a fun atmosphere to prohibit talking to the players in between games... When I'm playing (brawl, squash, whatever), in between matches I like having someone to talk to, and if that can't be the person I'm playing against because they're raging or something then I talk to the people watching :p That being said I've never been at a good enough level in Brawl to have an outcome of an important match be influenced by coaching or people shouting stuff out, so I can't speak from that POV...

tedeth

Smash Master
I hereby suggest what I would like to dub the "Corpse has no friends" ruleset:
1. Players must be silent at all times.
2. One player may not look at another player during the match.
3. If the two players are in the same room (note it is preferred that they are in different rooms), they must be partitioned off by a dividing wall.
4. No audience is allowed during any of the matches. They may sit quietly and watch the replays after the tournament is complete.
5. Commentary may be done post match by splicing the video with an audio recording, but it must not exceed 10 decebels at any time.

Is this a gentleman's sport or a ****ing video game guys?

Actually scratch that. I compete at international level in a gentleman'sport and what's being suggested here still seems ridiculous.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
6. TV's must be bright enough to see Snake's C4 mines anywhere on the map. Any TV's with a brightness setting of under 85 are banned.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Coaching is disallowed

- Giving a currently in match player any advice, tips or suggestions that can be seen and or deemed as coaching (tournament organiser's discretion) may result in recourse.
- Giving a player advice during the set in between matches is perfectly fine.

The following courses of action may occur if there is indeed deemed coaching:
- Disqualification of the match / set or the tournament by the player and/or coach.
- Removal from the venue.

"DON'T GET FSMASHED" yelled from a fair distance away won't likely be considered punishable coaching, but "LOOK OUT FOR THE FAST FALL AIR DODGE" or other more explicit tips will.

Tournament organisers may enforce player/audience segregation to avoid the issues of coaching.
The difference Corpse, is that one is a reminder about wht move to avoid, one is actually making a read for the person on someone else's habits.

Big difference.

I'm fine with those rules.
we're leaving the discussion at this and this is as far as i'll want to go. thx shaya & ted.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
sif it's uncompetitive to have coaching during a match btw
in many 1v1 sports coaching during the match is allowed
spectator 'coaching' being banned is dumb
my 2c

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
spectator coaching has never been an issue anyway, only intimate 'in-the-ear' coaching; so don't worry.

also, shaya is confirming to me he'd like to use the new bbr ruleset, which is supposedly similar to thriller anyway, which was a fantastic ruleset. so updates for the rules will be made in the RC thread shortly.

Hater

Smash Ace
Ruleset 3.1 stage group 3 "the bad stages"

Green Greens
Distant Planet
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Melee)

Splice

Smash Hero
Just put Norfair in Cao, pretty much, is what you need to do.
Forget all the stages Hater just mentioned, but leave Norfair in.

Serious.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
hater: wowww, those are lame stages; shaya will have to work extra hard to convince me to allow them in any form in rc. i have a very strong inclination to a conservative stagelist so i doubt many new stages will be thrown into the mix one everything is decided.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
For the record, I'm (tentatively) in favour of Group 2 stages being allowed.

Dead set against Group 3 though.

Hater

Smash Ace
<3 Caotic <3
I greatly approve and i think the stage list from thriller should be used with the rules of ruleset 3.1 (possibly a mk only ledge grab limit)

MTGod

Smash Champion
I don't think a vote is necessary on the exclusion of group 3 stages :p

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I was actually going to bring that point up as well. I think group 3 would be much more suitable for the doubles stagelist.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
All assuming Group 2 for Singles and up to group 3 for doubles...

that would mean:

Singles additions
# Rainbow Cruise
# Pokémon Stadium 2
# Jungle Japes
# Norfair

Wait, hold on a second guys, the only tier 2 stage we already had was PICTOCHAT... LOL

Oh and Ps2 wasn't at thriller.

But for doubles:
Distant Planet
Luigi's Mansion
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Melee)

-

Apart of me feels that Doubles is to include Group 2 stages definitely, but over all tier 2 stages didn't exist in the thriller rule set (for singles)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Singles additions
# Rainbow Cruise = no
# Pokémon Stadium 2 = no
# Jungle Japes = no
# Norfair = no

But for doubles:
Distant Planet = no
Luigi's Mansion = no
Port Town Aero Dive = no
Yoshi's Island (Melee) = no

----

stick to this stagelist since we've been training on these stages for at least a year:

Starters
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise

Counter-picks
Final Destination
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Pictochat
Brinstar

only consider introducing the rest after other states have practiced on them for a while -- not before the largest tournament of the year.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Then thrilljar rule set it is ;)

Oh and you did somewhat misinterpret what I said to you about how the rule set will comply with the new BBR rule set.

"I can whack on uses BBR recommended rule set [without changing anything]"

Zero

Smash Hero
I quite like PS2 for ZSS. It works well as a CP stage as Brinstar always gets banned and RC isn't legal.

+ there's no good reason for it to be banned

Top Bottom