• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogles

Smash Ace
i remember askin a brawl+ member a while back why we can't fast fall from tumble (dont remember who it was) and he told me it conflicts with other gameplay options. i figured i'd understand if i got more playtime in.

but uhh i still dont understand what exactly it conflicts with. any reason we cant fast fall from tumble?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
That would be nice. Then Sonic wouldn't cancel all vertical momentum on his UpB just by pushing down.

Krypt222

Smash Cadet
Tripping IS pretty gay. Im guessing they were trying to make our virtual reality more realistic... >> Isnt that sad? v_v What were they thinking... we want to get AWAY from the pressures of life with virtual reality where magic, double jumping and where going on mushroom trips is a good thing exists. CURSE YOU PROGRESS!!! *Shakes fist in air violently*

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Good as it may have been, I felt sloppy and really unnatural like Ganon's utilt cancel.

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
I've been wondering for a while. You know how Snake's fancy taunt changes depending on the character he's fighting?
Why not try to do something like that to fix character specific chaingrabs?

So instead of having to change the characters' physics entirely, you can just change the effect one particular move has on one particular character.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Maybe Shanus or Almas knows how to do it. They've been surprising everybody lately.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Maybe Shanus or Almas knows how to do it. They've been surprising everybody lately.
They're going to have to find out if they haven't already, considering Melee had the mechanic, and, well, P:M is trying to replicate it.

If they do already know, yes, it'd be nice to get the mechanic in for this game as well.

shanus

Smash Hero
I should really pop in disc again, I swear someone last week said you couldn't and it confused me.

shanus

Smash Hero
It's true. If I ever do find a way to check for if your rising vs falling, I'll make a code for it.

DUB

Smash Lord
I'm having trouble finding a particular code set I'm looking for. I'm hardly know anything about Brawl+ and all the versions etc etc.

I'm looking for a Brawl+ codeset with Textures, Stage Hacks, infinite Replays, (music if possible? don't really care).

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Does Near-Gold have all of this?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
By textures and infinite replays, I assume you mean a codeset that allows all of these. Yes, the latest B+ set allows this.

What do you mean by stage hacks? The only stage hacks in B+ is Jungle Falls being replaced by Wifi Waiting Room, and Hyrule Temple being replaced by the SSE: Jungle stage.

Veril

Frame Savant
Posting from class, immediately following an exam ;p

Blind got me a good partial list of moves with the Sakurai angle and I'm overviewing it. A lot of moves with the sakurai angle clearly cannot combo at any % and also are important KO moves. I'm even gayer for Blind than I was before... <3

I've got a set of stage ceiling adjustments for the starters: if you know how to work the stage-boundary code you can try them out yourself, otherwise wait till I finish the sides as well and I'll post a new stage boundary code.

OK. Here's the order I'd want KOs off the top to follow (on the starters).

1. Lowest ceiling + Platforms = Lowest KOs on Warioware

2. 2nd Lowest ceiling w/o Platforms somewhat equivalent to 3rd lowest ceiling and 1 platform = SV/FD (~09A/~095)
3. Battlefield (I'm thinking of setting that ceiling to 0A0)

4. PSII (no stage size changes)

So there will be a range of KO% across the neutrals, with the campiest stages being reduced in size more and platform combos (and tech chase KOs) being taken into account.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I swear, the stage boundary code is going to make me WANT to play on Battlefield now. And my characters aren't exactly stellar on that stage either.

Veril

Frame Savant
I feel that way about FD. I always strike that stage... absolutely hate it in its current form. The lower ceiling makes it soooo much better.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
THat's probably intentional in vBrawl, actually. Parrying an attack in most RPGs allows for some on-next-hit effect involving speed. See WoW for a modern example.

DUB

Smash Lord
By textures and infinite replays, I assume you mean a codeset that allows all of these. Yes, the latest B+ set allows this.

What do you mean by stage hacks? The only stage hacks in B+ is Jungle Falls being replaced by Wifi Waiting Room, and Hyrule Temple being replaced by the SSE: Jungle stage.
As in textures an music.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I noticed its something like semi-hitlag, because the only one that stays still its the one recieving the attack
it's because fox/falco/wolf and (squirtle/charizard ???) up-bs have zero hitlag now and only have SDI/ASDI windows (there was no other easy way to disable no autosweetspot on hit)

counter works off of hitlag, but if counter is interrupted during the swipe/foe never gets hit, you essentially give your foe a hitlag jacket for the next hit

counter already has a higher "miss" rate since hitlag constant was decreased and hitlag doesn't hold people still long enough sometimes.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I'm really sad to say this, because I've never noticed this before, but I do agree that people do indeed live WAY TOO LONG. I guess I'm used to my friend dying at reasonable %s. However, I brought Brawl+ to my college today and we were all living WAY too high.

Sonic vs Jigglypuff at Pokeman Stadium 2. Jigglypuff didn't die till 202% on one of he stocks. One time she died at 77% because I landed a charged Fsmash as Sonic.

Lucas vs ZSS at Smashville. Both lived to about 120~150% about every god **** stock. Beastly ZSS, but I pulled off the win.

I know I've heard it being mentioned here a few times that stage death boundaries should be smaller, which I agree with, but I've, personally, never had that "living too long" issue until today. I definitely don't like matches getting down to 2 minutes almost every match because everyone can DI decently and live so well.

TL;DR: This is me agreeing that people live WAY too long in Brawl+. I'm very much looking forward to the boundary changes. I've never thought that the neutrals would feel so **** big. ='[

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
^If I hit you with Kirby's bair at the edge of the stage and you're at 100%, you should die (or go far enough for me to edgehog you), not fly diagonally upwards and float back to the stage.

Stage boundaries being decreased is fine, but I do feel it's a pretty heavy-handed solution. I just want to echo that guys should take an earnest look at removing Sakurai angles. Kill moves should actually kill and gimp moves should actually gimp.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
It's an angle set to 169 in PSA. Basically as the opponent's percent rises, so does the angle of KB they take from that attack; at low percents the move would knock the opponent at a low trajectory, and at higher percents increasingly higher trajectories.

It's sort of like auto-DI.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
^If I hit you with Kirby's bair at the edge of the stage and you're at 100%, you should die (or go far enough for me to edgehog you), not fly diagonally upwards and float back to the stage.

Stage boundaries being decreased is fine, but I do feel it's a pretty heavy-handed solution. I just want to echo that guys should take an earnest look at removing Sakurai angles. Kill moves should actually kill and gimp moves should actually gimp.
Stage boundaries are happening.
It's likely that a portion of moves will have the Sakurai angle removed, and be given an angle that actually suits its purpose.
Blind came up with a list of moves that use the Sakurai angle in the BR, and it is frighteningly large.
WAY too many moves have that stupid angle/auto DI attached to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom