• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Add a new gct update for 6.0 - no dead frame code + new dash dance code so everyone will be more happy with their 6.0

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
What is this "dead frame"?

@ Yeroc- Thanks for clearing that up and fixing the DC freeze! (That thing's been around since before the Plusery was made...)

Rikana

Smash Champion
What is this "dead frame"?
A certain frame where you can't input anything, literally nothing, even buffering. If you play low buffer, 10% for example, if you input something too quickly after jumping, nothing comes out. It forces people who want a tighter/more accurate control to play high buffers so they don't bump into a dead frame like 50% of the time. It really messes up their game. Dead frames screwed me over many times.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I have a not so serious question that doesn't need answering even though I'd like one. ¦D

People I've talked to have wanted B+ Falcon to have the metal sounds from his boots during certain animations to be taken off, "YES!" added to up-taunt and another "YES!" for only when the knee sweetspots. Have you guys ever had any thoughts on doing that for him?

If not...Can I just post the edit of 6.0 Falcon I did with that very stuff? ¦D *SMACKED*

Alphatron

Smash Champion
New dash cancel code makes me happy. I'm looking forward to the gold build.

"YES!" added to uptaunt? I'm not so sure about that. But "YES!" on new sweetspot would be the ****.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
A certain frame where you can't input anything, literally nothing, even buffering. If you play low buffer, 10% for example, if you input something too quickly after jumping, nothing comes out. It forces people who want a tighter/more accurate control to play high buffers so they don't bump into a dead frame like 50% of the time. It really messes up their game. Dead frames screwed me over many times.
And all this time I couldn't figure out why I couldn't pull off SHDA with Toon Link...

That explains a lot, thanks.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
I thought so; I could pull it off at a slower time setting in Training. I'm guessing I was trying to buffer/pressing in the dead frame space.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
just got brawl + a few days ago... pretty fun... looking forward to the gold build as well... that auto DI is annoying.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Exactly. <alkd>
Code:
Dash Cancel v3.0 [Yeroc]
06586038 00000048
00000002 80586068
00000000 00000011
00000006 00000007
00000005 000003FC
00000000 00000004
00000005 00000C72
02010500 80586040
02000401 80FACC84
00080000 00000000
06FACE8C 00000008
00070100 80586038
corey stop ****** face sir!

so there has been some talks to remove buffered powershields

if this is implemented into B+...would it be good to readjust the PS window? a healthy window that brawl gives wasn't HORRIBLE in practice (4 frames) but that it may have been buffering that led it to become a tad TOO excessive?

thoughts

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
corey stop ****** face sir!

so there has been some talks to remove buffered powershields

if this is implemented into B+...would it be good to readjust the PS window? a healthy window that brawl gives wasn't HORRIBLE in practice (4 frames) but that it may have been buffering that led it to become a tad TOO excessive?

thoughts
Well, Brawl+'s power shield, even if you can't buffer it, will still be easier than Melee's, since attacks (especially projectiles) don't have to be too close to you in order to power shield it. I'm not against making the window a little bigger if it can't be buffered, but 4 frames is a little too much, I would say. It's at 1 frame right now, right? If so, bump it up to two at max, IMO.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
HOw about this. If you're holding UP on the control stick as you connect with the knee. you get the YES! clip. If not, nothing.

Arbitrary tech skill for an arbitrary aesthetic condition. :V

shanus

Smash Hero
HOw about this. If you're holding UP on the control stick as you connect with the knee. you get the YES! clip. If not, nothing.

WindOwl already made this using another input. He calls it "installable sfx"

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

And why in the hell would someone be holding up on the control stick in the first place when using the knee? That makes no sense at all. XD

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
That's not the point. rather than simply attaching the SFX to the knee, give the player the choice to use the SFX, cuz there is no point in doing it other for ****s and giggles.

So if they want the bone, they have to sit.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...Yeah, still not seeing the point, so whatever. Nevermind. ¦D

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...After playing a match with Falcon, I retract my last statement and think that's actually not a bad idea. Doesn't seem like it'd get in the way or anything as long as you have tap jump off. o.o

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well, even if you have it on, as long as you're holding up as it connects.

So you could be like SH. Hit C-stick. Hold up on Control Stick. Sweetspot. Here special sound effect.

Plus, when you actually do it correctly, more than likely, you'll be going, "YES!" cuz you got it. V:

Cuz people get knees all day in Brawl+. So imo, just tossing the SFX on it without my idea kinda just cheapens the feeling of hearing the SFX in conjuncture with the knee. xD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I don't feel that it cheapens it in the least bit. If anything, it just makes it that much more ******. However, considering the fact that I once kneed a Charizard off a stage 5 times in a row, I think some people, if not a small few, just might find ti to be rather annoying to hear "YES!" x5 every match. So yeah, that's why your idea works... ¦D

Then again, won't the majority of Falcon mains just hold up everytime they use the knee anyways then? I know I would. XD *SMACKED*

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...This is the first time in a while that I actually regret speaking my mind and giving out an idea. Honestly ¦D;

iLink

Smash Champion
Wouldn't holding up on the control stick kinda mess with your DI? And I also play with tap jump on so that could get kinda silly.

Also, I tried playing brawl+ again after playing melee for some time. I was amazed how much better I was doing while having my melee mentality. I think a lot of people are still playing this a little too much like brawl.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Wouldn't holding up on the control stick kinda mess with your DI? And I also play with tap jump on so that could get kinda silly.
...you kn---

Well, even if you have it on, as long as you're holding up as it connects.

So you could be like SH. Hit C-stick. Hold up on Control Stick. Sweetspot. Here special sound effect.

And How would it mess up your DI if you're the one doing the KNEEING.

:|

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Neko, I already made this except you hold up on the D-pad. Which makes sense, since, you know... it's basically taunting during a move. Knee wasn't the only move with this effect, either.

I originally intended it for Project M but I have to remake the thing anyway (don't ask) so I guess I could take Falcon's pac from the next release and add it to that for those that want it.

iLink

Smash Champion
I'm amazed how I missed that last sentence <_>

Pressing up while trying to knee would diminish your forward momentum if you were trying to follow up. I'm sure there is a more sensible input then holding up... like pressing L or R.

I can't believe I'm debating this actually...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah, it shouldn't be a trigger that requires you to move your hands/fingers to a location that isn't usually where it is defaulted to be.
Why not just have it so that you need to hold the button that initiates the attack to taunt with it? So with sweetspotted Knees, hold A (as opposed to just tapping it), or with Falcon Punch, hold B...

But this thread is going way off track... I guess it's what happens when there's nothing new to talk about regarding the set itself.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yeah, it shouldn't be a trigger that requires you to move your hands/fingers to a location that isn't usually where it is defaulted to be.
Why not just have it so that you need to hold the button that initiates the attack to taunt with it? So with sweetspotted Knees, hold A (as opposed to just tapping it), or with Falcon Punch, hold B...

But this thread is going way off track... I guess it's what happens when there's nothing new to talk about regarding the set itself.
YES! That's a MUCH better idea Chaos! Doesn't seem too hard to do either. :3

And...is there even a current topic to discuss about at the moment? Nothings happening so...yeah. o_o'

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
The "hold the button to taunt" idea has the same problem: it's too easy to do. I think there should be a window in which you could input the taunt after sweetspotting, and make the window small. That should be more challenging, although I have no problem holding up on the control stick and I dont think it messes with your forward momentum if you do it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom