• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

5ive

Smash Champion
I have more input from Holy about the ROB nerfs. He basically said that ROB was no where near a combo heavy character, and that the nerfs that remove even more of ROB'S combos were ridiculous (in a sexy French accent). He said that it wasn't fair that he would have to play like vBrawl and the opponent would get to combo him. vBrawl re-incarnation (****, Neko was right) =/= bad.

He also said, "Brawl+ is about combos, why would you remove them?". I could tell it was affecting Holy's play, because I could actually beat him today. Regardless, I still lost a 2 dollar money match, and his Ganon *****.

Vids up today. Please change ROB back before Holy stops playing Brawl+.

edit: Change back the throws and dash attack. GOGOGOGO

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
yeah robs throws suck now hardcore

utilt still needs to be changed back...it would be such a good combo move it you guys left it like it was in vbrawl. such a silly change.

Finns7

Smash Ace
I dont think utilt should be changed, nair is cool but idk about psa, are we really going in that direction, because im sure with even more moves comes more bull**** and more time until we can get gold.

5ive

Smash Champion
It was lol when he was trying to show me how much his dash attack sucked. Changed trajectory, right? Yeah, I admit, it looked really bad in terms of comboing.

BTW, this better change, or losing Holy might slowly dismantle the scene, or atleast what we call a scene.

Cero

Smash Lord
Did you guys make it so that Diddy recieves SA frames when he's charging his up-B?

Because I SHDL'd him with Falco while he was charging his up-B and both hits connected... but he just shrugged it off and recovered anyway. :ohwell:

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Did you guys make it so that Diddy recieves SA frames when he's charging his up-B?

Because I SHDL'd him with Falco while he was charging his up-B and both hits connected... but he just shrugged it off and recovered anyway. :ohwell:
If that's true, that is totally uncalled for.
It's ******* Diddy Kong. He doesn't need recovery buffs.

Cero

Smash Lord
They really need sarcasm tags or something... I can't tell. Lol.

Anyways, you can test it yourself if you want. I'm pretty sure my eyes weren't deceiving me.

Cero

Smash Lord
No I'm not being sarcastic.
Sorry. It's just that I've read some people believing that Diddy's up-B is horrible in Brawl+ and should be fixed. I've also read other people's responses claiming that Diddy's a beast on the stage and his terrible recovery actually balances him out.

So yeah... Sarcasm's hard to read over the internet...

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I dont think utilt should be changed, nair is cool but idk about psa, are we really going in that direction, because im sure with even more moves comes more bull**** and more time until we can get gold.
Quit overreacting everytime someone tries something out just for fun. Are you guys forgetting that the members of the WBR are people too? We like to play around with the PSA tools just like everyone else. Have you SEEN the PSA character submission thread?

Cape made the video to show off because it was cool. That doesn't mean we're actually considering those changes.

As far as most people's concerns, please stop repeating yourselves so much. A lot of things will be fixed in the next nightly, it's just taking a while because we had to port all of the hitbox changes for every character from codes to PSA (because it's a more efficient system as it only loads the changes if the character is loaded, unlike the old engine). This will hopefully fix some glitches as well as give us a little more room for hitbox changes (a few have been on hold because they simply wouldn't fit). The nightlies should pick up again after the next release, so we'll be able to address issues more promptly then.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Diddy's recovery isn't bad, it's just a little inaccurate. You can't just aim for the ledge anymore like you could in vBrawl... so, yeah, Diddy's recovery took a hit but if you think about it that way, everybody's did.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
But really? A buff to Diddy`s recovery?

Edit: Meh, its not THAT bad. Honestly, I`m just raging because I generally dislike Diddy.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
But really? A buff to Diddy`s recovery?

Edit: Meh, its not THAT bad. Honestly, I`m just raging because I generally dislike Diddy.
Looking at the changelist from the newest nightly; nothing has been changed about Diddy whether its recovery related or not.

So either somebody is seeing things, or a code that somebody was fooling around with made it into the set (I don't think it would be the first time its happen iirc).
That wouldn't be unreasonable to have happen. I'm sure people who know what they are doing in terms of coding (certain WBR members) like to mess around and see just what they can create with B+. I mean, look at what everyone has been doing with PSA. It's just plain fun to see what is possible.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I couldn't confirm that. However I was able to confirm that Samus' grab pummel does no damage to Bowser. Since I wasn't able to test further I don't know if it's just him.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
They really need sarcasm tags or something... I can't tell. Lol.

Anyways, you can test it yourself if you want. I'm pretty sure my eyes weren't deceiving me.
No one has done anything with diddy's recovery, afaik. And the only code we have that could have the power to alter something like that is the CAM, so if you think something is wrong with his upB, check the CAM data for diddy's ID.

Quit overreacting everytime someone tries something out just for fun. Are you guys forgetting that the members of the WBR are people too? We like to play around with the PSA tools just like everyone else. Have you SEEN the PSA character submission thread?

Cape made the video to show off because it was cool. That doesn't mean we're actually considering those changes.

As far as most people's concerns, please stop repeating yourselves so much. A lot of things will be fixed in the next nightly, it's just taking a while because we had to port all of the hitbox changes for every character from codes to PSA (because it's a more efficient system as it only loads the changes if the character is loaded, unlike the old engine). This will hopefully fix some glitches as well as give us a little more room for hitbox changes (a few have been on hold because they simply wouldn't fit). The nightlies should pick up again after the next release, so we'll be able to address issues more promptly then.
QFT.

zxeon

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be opposed to changing Ganon's Nair It's a crap move to begin with and you wouldn't see me pining for it's return. Besides anything is cooler than a move just lifted straight off of Captain Falcon. Almost anything.

Cero

Smash Lord
No one has done anything with diddy's recovery, afaik. And the only code we have that could have the power to alter something like that is the CAM, so if you think something is wrong with his upB, check the CAM data for diddy's ID.
Eh. Maybe it was just a one-time glitch... :ohwell:

Finns7

Smash Ace
Nair is fail but w/e Im just not with changing the whole game...its sucky but it does have uses...

Ok http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeNe8BSXOGw

Ryoko and wbr members I want you to give me some feedback on sheiks fsmash. I understand why the change was made and I think its a justified buff, but I dont think the way in how it was done is right. Ok the first fsmash at :10 looked good, falcon was in close to medium range and got delt both hits, the mark at :48 was iffy to me, it didnt look natural and it didnt look or feel like smash. I think this move should be escapable if the sheik player doesnt distance it right and the defender DI's like a *****. 1:24 was ok, but 2:26 I dont agree with.

I dont like when things feel automated, on any char. DI should be a factor imo, Sheiks old fsmash was weaksauce, but this one needs work. There are times when a magic hitbox force connects when your behind her and the as the second one comes in you get hit backwords >_> And adding DI to the move wont make sheik bottom tier she is fine, hell alot of chars are fine people just need to stop *****ing about buffs and advance there chars game without the wbr giving them handouts (not about sheik just a random rant).

Give me feedback please and not its -131431... on block. I want to know why does she need it to freeze you (thats 1/4 time in the video). I want to know if you guys think its finished.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
it is a little to unescapable, IMO. I agree.

But it should be a little difficult to get out of. It's a slow move (for sheik anyway) and if you get nailed with it at the right spacing, you deserve to get hit with the second hit.

Finns7

Smash Ace
it is a little to unescapable, IMO. I agree.

But it should be a little difficult to get out of. It's a slow move (for sheik anyway) and if you get nailed with it at the right spacing, you deserve to get hit with the second hit.
I agree thats why I said if your hit you should have to DI like a ***** to get out and even that depends on the distance she did it at. Adding DI would prob make it better, your giving the defense options-no excuse
If it gives them a little time to DI they could try and DI to escape but instead get hit with the last kick sending them out at a **** angle.

Kinda like how people try and DI out of ikes aa by tapping hella away but get hit by the last swing and get launched in a horizontalish angle.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Nair is fail but w/e Im just not with changing the whole game...its sucky but it does have uses...

Ok http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeNe8BSXOGw

Ryoko and wbr members I want you to give me some feedback on sheiks fsmash. I understand why the change was made and I think its a justified buff, but I dont think the way in how it was done is right. Ok the first fsmash at :10 looked good, falcon was in close to medium range and got delt both hits, the mark at :48 was iffy to me, it didnt look natural and it didnt look or feel like smash. I think this move should be escapable if the sheik player doesnt distance it right and the defender DI's like a *****. 1:24 was ok, but 2:26 I dont agree with.

I dont like when things feel automated, on any char. DI should be a factor imo, Sheiks old fsmash was weaksauce, but this one needs work. There are times when a magic hitbox force connects when your behind her and the as the second one comes in you get hit backwords >_> And adding DI to the move wont make sheik bottom tier she is fine, hell alot of chars are fine people just need to stop *****ing about buffs and advance there chars game without the wbr giving them handouts (not about sheik just a random rant).

Give me feedback please and not its -131431... on block. I want to know why does she need it to freeze you (thats 1/4 time in the video). I want to know if you guys think its finished.
I 100% agree with this post. I'd like to go back and look at every 'connects better move' and make sure stuff like that isn't happening. For example, D3s up air is fine since I can SDI away from it if he poorly spaces it and even sometimes if he spaces it right. Sheik's and Lucario's are bad since they always seem to connect, regardless of SDI

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I agree thats why I said if your hit you should have to DI like a ***** to get out and even that depends on the distance she did it at. Adding DI would prob make it better, your giving the defense options-no excuse
If it gives them a little time to DI they could try and DI to escape but instead get hit with the last kick sending them out at a **** angle.

Kinda like how people try and DI out of ikes aa by tapping hella away but get hit by the last swing and get launched in a horizontalish angle.
Man, the move is slow, so leave it alone. If you get caught then youre done. Should be getting hit in the first place >_> <_<

Meh do whatever you want. Just dont make this move useless again.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Its slow? sheiks fsmash is slow? Look bud I main Link and use ganon dont try and tell me her fsmash is "slow". Its prob one of her slowest moves but it is not that slow and that really isnt the point of my post. Ike fsmash = slow, ganon=slow sheiks=slow -_- really? Are we playing the same game.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Its slow? sheiks fsmash is slow? Look bud I main Link and use ganon dont try and tell me her fsmash is "slow". Its prob one of her slowest moves but it is not that slow and that really isnt the point of my post. Ike fsmash = slow, ganon=slow sheiks=slow -_- really? Are we playing the same game.
It's less that it's slow and more that it's easily punishable. If she hits shield or whiffs it, the Sheik is gonna eat it hard.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Ganon + Ike = Insanely strong
Sheik = About Average Strength
Link = Above Average Strength.

So yeah. Ike and Ganon have enough power to finish you slightly above 60% with DI. Sheik kills around 120% without DI. So what are you saying?

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
If she hits shield or whiffs it, the Sheik is gonna eat it hard.
it's a fighting game.. if you miss an attack, you're going to get punished; different moves are safe if they land on shield, others aren't. i really don't understand this "bu-but, i get punished for that!" mentality. DUH! what do you think competitive gaming is about?

Yingyay

Smash Ace
it's a fighting game.. if you miss an attack, you're going to get punished; different moves are safe if they land on shield, others aren't. i really don't understand this "bu-but, i get punished for that!" mentality. DUH! what do you think competitive gaming is about?
^^ Although thats true, some characters have stronger attacks that are un-punishable on shield block. Missing is another story which you pointed out above. But because Sheik gets punished for Hitting a shield with her F-smash, why make it so that when it actually does connect, you can mash out of it?

camelot

Smash Ace
^^ Although thats true, some characters have stronger attacks that are un-punishable on shield block.
It's called character diversity, some characters just have moves that are better than others. Example: compare Ganon and Captain Falcon's f-smashes, they have the same range and speed, but Ganon's is stronger and does more damage.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
It's called character diversity, some characters just have moves that are better than others. Example: compare Ganon and Captain Falcon's f-smashes, they have the same range and speed, but Ganon's is stronger and does more damage.
Ganon is also slower and has less mobility. So if falcon had ganon's strength he'd be epically broken.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
I understand that. I believe the argument is that the risk-reward ratio would be of whack for Sheik's Fsmash if it were DI-able, so to how open Sheik is to punishment if it whiffs/hits shield. Whether or not I agree is a different matter entirely.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I understand that. I believe the argument is that the risk-reward ratio would be of whack for Sheik's Fsmash if it were DI-able, so to how open Sheik is to punishment if it whiffs/hits shield. Whether or not I agree is a different matter entirely.
...what...

...w-what is this..

...i dont even...

This statement simply BAFFLES me in a game which have nearly complete control over and can practically change any move to go from what it was to a barrel of ****.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
...what...

...w-what is this..

...i dont even...

This statement simply BAFFLES me in a game which have nearly complete control over and can practically change any move to go from what it was to a barrel of ****.
umm......what?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Neko...I think you need to..."entertain" yourself with Zelda again and CALM DOWN.

EXPLAIN SLOWLY.

IM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO TAKE THE REGENTS TEST YET MAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom